(Topic ID: 99830)

More Craigslist laughs.

By wayout440

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Biffbar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4836 6 years ago

I always wonder what these guys paid for their machines. Some probably overpaid, by a lot.

1 month later
    #5026 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

westernmass.craigslist.org link
    I looked at this several months ago and offered the guy $50 after inspection.
    The playfield looked like it had been underwater, it reeked of mice and rot bad and when I opened up the coin door could clearly see where wiring had been cut up and several parts were missing.
    If I needed a pf glass or backglass (which is only fair) I might have met his counter offer of $100.. as it was did not see wasting my time further.

Hot Line is a fun game, right near the top of the Pinside fun for the money rankings. Set one up this past winter. You spell out HOTLINE, letter by letter, on a dot matrix of rollovers.

2 weeks later
    #5123 6 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

portland.craigslist.org link
    James Bond for $7k
    That game wouldn’t be worth $7k with Roger Moore’s last will and testament inside it

Terrible pictures too.

1 week later
    #5159 6 years ago

ebay.com link: HUO Home Use Only Gottlieb EM Pinball Machine Top Score
    Could be a case of must be "HUO" because it is so clean. It is common to see a late model EM with a "low mileage" playfield. They were retired early when SS games came along. Strange that a home owner would put a pricing sticker on the apron. Not so strange that an operator would remove coin mechs before selling a game to the public.

2 weeks later
    #5235 6 years ago

Slightly OT, an Ebay scammer whack-a-mole, who keeps relisting an "HUO" Black Hole through hijacked accounts. Been up at least 3x so far. Below market "buy it now" comes up in an image when you open "see full item description". Other Items on offer: cameras, high end bikes, etc.
    ebay.com link: GOTTLIEB BLACK HOLE PINBALL MACHINE LEDs HUO

EDIT: $5.49 to start, can still see the game on the 1st page of results, but the listing was pulled (again).

#5249 6 years ago

"...new reproduction real glass inner backglass. It powers on and plays great..."
    ebay.com link: GOTTLIEB MARS GOD OF WAR PINBALL MACHINE ARCADE GAME
    Priced to sell, with a weird backglass, and maybe other issues. I have the dark cabinet version, a fun game, which shopped out nicely & survived an Allentown show.

1 week later
    #5293 6 years ago

That is a regular Addams Family pin. Perhaps it is running the Collector Edition game roms. It has some problems (keys missing among other things). The seller seems to believe that the signature makes the game more than twice as valuable.

1 month later
    #5404 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

God those legs are sexy...
    washingtondc.craigslist.org link

"RUNS GREAT BUT COULD USE A GOOD CLEANING
    CAN NOT FIND LEGS - SET UP ON BLOCKS"

And the score and credit displays are all dead.

3 months later
    #5660 5 years ago

Little Chief $1100, some kind of damp household, home use only.
    allentown.craigslist.org link

"... Bought it around 1979 from a private owner who bought it new. It was NEVER used commercially... It's been in living room since i bought it and it has been barely used. "

1 year later
    #6615 4 years ago

"Rarely desirable" applies to most of the "Rare" stuff on offer.

4 years later
    #8694 4 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I want a pinball machine with tubes now.

Here you go...

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1573&picno=37299

The Bally Mercury has two vacuum tubes (an "80" rectifier tube and a 12A7 iirc). You can see high voltage sparks when the pinballs touch a bumper skirt.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Biffbar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=Biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.