Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,860 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by Foxxstone_80
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 178.
    #4801 6 years ago

That Bat shit covered HighSpeed wouldn't scare me! That's my type of project! I always seem to end up with shit!

I'm the bottom of the barrel project guy! Wish it was closer!

Wait till you guys find my project for sale! There are all kinds of jokes there!

I'll try to post a link, when i originally listed it I was serious, I have little experience in buying and selling, ...Then I did the research on the machine last night. It has been floating around for years, and many mentions of it in threads up to 2 years ago... I had no idea......I was going to pull the ad in a few days. Just in case someone is really looking for that title for a project. I guess I way over paid...it's a mess!

So, here it is! Cracking on my own ad!
    nwga.craigslist.org link

#4803 6 years ago

Seems about right.

#4804 6 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

Gotta disagree, Aztec is a great player's game. Love ripping that spinner! Feel free to send all your free ones my way

& a damn fast EM with the DC pop bumpers.

#4805 6 years ago

This guy is using my pics to try and sell my GB LE on CL. Does anybody know how to get this ad deleted?

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#4806 6 years ago

wausau.craigslist.org link

Needs MINOR restoration? Cracked backglass, very worn playfield and the low price of $800.00.

#4807 6 years ago

modesto.craigslist.org link

In case you were wanting to spend $600 on a Zizzle today....

#4808 6 years ago

This is about the third time this one has been listed. (but the first time with some pics that tell the story) The second time I saw this one listed I almost went and looked at it but now after seeing the pics glad I didn't

batonrouge.craigslist.org link

#4809 6 years ago

3 games all or nothing deal $8200
    HIGH SPEED, CUE BALL WIZARD, HOT SHOTS

detroit.craigslist.org link
    One Williams and 2 Gottlieb pinball machines. Good shape. Will only sell all three of them together... will not separate. Cash only

#4810 6 years ago

I saw that I was going to offer him 2800

#4811 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

This is about the third time this one has been listed. (but the first time with some pics that tell the story) The second time I saw this one listed I almost went and looked at it but now after seeing the pics glad I didn't
    batonrouge.craigslist.org link

I think a fire would fix that right up!

#4812 6 years ago

There are some very specific trade requests in some of these posts!

"Cash only but may consider a partial trade for a late model Yamaha gas golf cart that is fuel injected plus cash.

#4813 6 years ago

$4000 for a Firepower with heavy playfield wear

#4814 6 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

Ya but it doesn't need mush

"This machine has been in the family for 21 years. I have not completely restored it but, not mush needs to be done."

#4815 6 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

"What the Hell is this?!? A nine-teen-eighty Williams Firepower for $4000? ... that's to F&$%#*g High!"
    Marshall Lucky (resized).jpgMarshall Lucky (resized).jpg

Ya but it doesn't need mush
    "This machine has been in the family for 21 years. I have not completely restored it but, not mush needs to be done."

People shouldn't post Craig's list ads when inebriated.

#4816 6 years ago

Not a Craigslist laugh, but definitely a laugh. Listen to the guy's appraisal for this "Star Explorer" pinball machine.

#4817 6 years ago

1500-2000???? I think there may be 2 extra zeros.

#4818 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Not a Craigslist laugh, but definitely a laugh. Listen to the guy's appraisal for this "Star Explorer" pinball machine.
    » YouTube video

One of the next videos up is "Star Explorer Pinball Machine I saw at a Garage Sale for $50.00"

#4819 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

» YouTube video

That machine looks like a real POS....$2000....funny!

#4820 6 years ago

Wow, that's funny. I actually own a CB Charlie which is the same layout as Star Explorer, just different artwork. Not worth anywhere near $1500, believe me.

#4821 6 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

Wow, that's funny. I actually own a CB Charlie which is the same layout as Star Explorer, just different artwork. Not worth anywhere near $1500, believe me.

Nor $150

#4822 6 years ago

I bought the DD (Demolition Derby) once for my nephew thinking he would play it. Turn out he likes playing the full size games better. I think I gave $40 bucks for it and by the time I put new rubbers bulbs made some rails for the plexiglass and paint I had more in it then it was worth. I think and don't ask me how I got $150 out of it when I sold it.

IMAG0084 (resized).jpgIMAG0084 (resized).jpg

#4823 6 years ago

Found a few pics of him, 1 he need a chair for the DD but he was good with the full size still on the dolly.

IMAG0085 (resized).jpgIMAG0085 (resized).jpg

IMAG0376 (resized).jpgIMAG0376 (resized).jpg

IMAG0377 (resized).jpgIMAG0377 (resized).jpg

#4824 6 years ago

I bought the DD (Demolition Derby) once for my nephew thinking he would play it. Turn out he likes playing the full size games better. I think I gave $40 bucks for it and by the time I put new rubbers bulbs made some rails for the plexiglass and paint I had more in it then it was worth. I think and don't ask me how I got $150 out of it when I sold it.

I bought mine off craigslist and and even though I did not pay much for it I kind of regret it because it needs a little work. I need to put new rubber and leg levelers on it which is no problem. But the main thing is that a scoring display is not working, and I'm worried I may not be able to find a replacement. Hate to put too much into it, so I may have to sell it with the bad display.

#4825 6 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

Aztec EM & Stars that need repair for $5200
    "Pinball machines games, both work but could use repairs $5200"
    cincinnati.craigslist.org link

People are just stupid!

-Steve

#4826 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

» YouTube video

Uuhhh, wait the flippers are wired together? That can’t be right.

#4827 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Uuhhh, wait the flippers are wired together? That can’t be right.

Nope, that's how the home units were, both flippers activate when either button is pressed.

#4828 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Nope, that's how the home units were, both flippers activate when either button is pressed.

How aweful!! Hell he would have to pay me at least 250 to take it.

#4829 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

How aweful!! Hell he would have to pay me at least 250 to take it.

Looks like a fairly trivial mod to fix it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-explorer-1977-modification-for-independent-flipper-action

I keep an eye out for these going cheap in decent condition, just like Zizzles. They can be a good "intro to pinball engineering" system that I am not going to sink much money into. And I'm not going to cry if the kids ruin it, either. :/

#4830 6 years ago

$3,000 for a HUO Paragib? Seems like a good deal but I can't seem to find any information about the game so I don't know for sure...

Paragib (resized).jpgParagib (resized).jpg

#4831 6 years ago

Been in his warehouse since 89. It was just at an auction on tuesday, same pic used. Auction was on the other side of the state

#4832 6 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Been in his warehouse since 89. It was just at an auction on tuesday, same pic used. Auction was on the other side of the state

The one in Battle Creek off I-94? Bidergy?

#4834 6 years ago

nashville.craigslist.org link

Price reduced to $5K from $7500. Better hurry!!! This one should go fast

B9E3BE0D-DEBD-4FD8-809D-F03FF5B5C543 (resized).pngB9E3BE0D-DEBD-4FD8-809D-F03FF5B5C543 (resized).png

6867C78F-CC59-4C64-B0B5-DBDA846414EA (resized).png6867C78F-CC59-4C64-B0B5-DBDA846414EA (resized).png

#4835 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Price reduced to $5K from $7500.

Can't believe it didn't sell at 7500!

#4836 6 years ago

I always wonder what these guys paid for their machines. Some probably overpaid, by a lot.

#4837 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

dallas.craigslist.org link
    $3,000 for a Motordome and that image is laughable.

is $700 for a good condition motordome reasonable?

#4838 6 years ago

ebay.com link: 1977 Evel Knievel Bally Pinball Machine Great Working Condition

Sign taped to lockdown bar says "DO NOT TOUCH".....for $7500, don't worry, no one will.

#4839 6 years ago

what was you bid ?
    do you know winning bid?

#4840 6 years ago

Minor restoration needed is all...
    wausau.craigslist.org link

#4841 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

what was you bid ?
    do you know winning bid?

I didnt bid, but i looked close to the end and i think it was around 650

#4842 6 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I didnt bid, but i looked close to the end and i think it was around 650

asking 2350 about 1700 on the flip less taxes buyers fee and mileage to go get it leave 1500 or so.

#4843 6 years ago

newjersey.craigslist.org link

I think it was a Night Rider at one time.

00707_bwJgexT58fw_1200x900 (resized).jpg00707_bwJgexT58fw_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00O0O_2bLpTlLyZPZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg00O0O_2bLpTlLyZPZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#4844 6 years ago

At least he isn't asking 1,500 for it.

#4845 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

newjersey.craigslist.org link
    I think it was a Night Rider at one time.

WTF? I don't understand what the hell that is. Even used for advertising without the backbox? And what kind of retheme is that? I have a feeling he grabbed it out of the trash.

#4846 6 years ago

I don't think he's too out of hand...$150? Isn't there enough parts there?

I'm still fairly new...So I don't know prices yet...If that was local, I'd be the guy offering 100 bucks for the parts...But maybe I'd be way over paying?

#4847 6 years ago

I'd not pay $150, not enough parts there.

#4848 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'd not pay $150, not enough parts there.

Worth it.
    Nice looking coin door & door surround trim, lock bar, & the inside of the cabinet probably has lot of good usable parts in there.

#4849 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Worth it.
    Nice looking coin door & door surround trim, lock bar, & the inside of the cabinet probably has lot of good usable parts in there.

When you look at the coin door in the ad, it's actually pretty dinged up and bent in between the coin return chute and the bottom of the diamond.

I just offered him 100. I might retheme it if I can find a backbox.

#4850 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I just offered him 100. I might retheme it if I can find a backbox.

Kudos to you, at least it won't end up in a landfill.....hopefully.

There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/97?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.