Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,861 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by joeaf
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 178.
    #4501 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm sure the playfield glass on Sinbad didn't have any scratches from the chandelier or whatever the hell that is thrown on top of it.

It looks like there's a giant piece of thick cardboard under it.

#4502 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like there's a giant piece of thick cardboard under it.

Too perfectly rounded or cut...I think that's the wooden base of whatever it is.

#4503 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Semi related: Fun antique store but Sinbad was $1500 and didn't run. Paul Bunyan was $1150. I stopped asking prices after that.

Rascal, you didn't get a price on that Sorcerer tucked in the corner???

#4504 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Too perfectly rounded or cut...I think that's the wooden base of whatever it is.

Now that you mention it, it does look more like plywood than cardboard.

#4505 6 years ago

There's was nothing protecting the glass from whatever that round thing was and it was HEAVY! Me and a worker cleared if off so I could look at the games.

Sorcerer was the first one I was interested in but the playfield was pretty torn up and the right side of the head was missing. Well, the wood was there but all the art layer was somehow removed... so I didn't ask the price.

The pig was cool. There was lots of really interesting things. Check it out if you're in Newport:

Aardvark Antiques
    9 JT Connell Hwy
    Newport, RI 02840

I snapped a couple pics outside:

IMG_0694 (resized).JPGIMG_0694 (resized).JPG

IMG_0696 (resized).JPGIMG_0696 (resized).JPG

IMG_0695 (resized).JPGIMG_0695 (resized).JPG

IMG_0698 (resized).JPGIMG_0698 (resized).JPG

#4507 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Priced to sell fast:
    kansascity.craigslist.org link

Where online has he seen one like his sell for 4k? What a moron.

#4508 6 years ago

If it was priced to sell fast, it would be listed at $200 not 2K

#4509 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

If it was priced to sell fast, it would be listed at $200 not 2K

welcome to the craigslist thread

#4510 6 years ago

Priced to sell fast:

LOL, only made in 1966. Most machines were only made the time they were made. Jagoff.

#4511 6 years ago

Bally Supersonic pinball game - $500

This 1979 Bally pinball machine is a great machine! The exterior and interior boards have some slight damage, but is in good shape overall. It currently does not work, but needs a few new fuses to get her back to life. I no longer have the room for it in my basement and am looking to get rid of it. $500 obo. will require pickup.

exterior boards ??

#4512 6 years ago

Exterior boards = playfield is crap, but just grab your kid's art supplies, it's all good!

#4513 6 years ago

".........but needs a few new fuses to get her back to life."

Not that constantly blowing fuses are in any way 'OK', but how many machines on CL need "just a fuse or two"? If that was all that was required, why not just replace the fuses and advertise the machine as working? Oh yeah, the sellers either have no idea what they are talking about, or they're trying to scam potential buyers who have no idea what they are buying.....

The laugh here.......we all get to call BS on this type of stuff

#4514 6 years ago

Priced to sell fast:

people are insane.

#4515 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Not that constantly blowing fuses are in any way 'OK', but how many machines on CL need "just a fuse or two"? If that was all that was required, why not just replace the fuses and advertise the machine as working? Oh yeah, the sellers either have no idea what they are talking about, or they're trying to scam potential buyers who have no idea what they are buying.....

It's not always a fuse. Sometimes a wire just jiggles loose.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

The Hell with fixing it before selling though.

Edit - wait. They actually spelled "juggled." That's somehow way better.

#4516 6 years ago

Plot twist: It's a guy who throws pinball machines in the air and catches them.

#4517 6 years ago
    Quoted from flakeloaf:

Plot twist: It's a guy who throws pinball machines in the air and catches them.

LMFAO. Come on....I juggle pinball machine wires all the time.

#4518 6 years ago

But he's "sure it's an easy fix." Wonder how many other easy fixes he's sure about?

"My wife isn't speaking to me, but I'm sure I can sweet-talk her out of it."
    "My boss left several angry messages on my answering machine, but I'm sure it's nothing serious."
    "I'm coughing up blood, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with my four-pack-a-day habit."

#4519 6 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

But he's "sure it's an easy fix." Wonder how many other easy fixes he's sure about?
    "My wife isn't speaking to me, but I'm sure I can sweet-talk her out of it."
    "My boss left several angry messages on my answering machine, but I'm sure it's nothing serious."
    "I'm coughing up blood, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with my four-pack-a-day habit."

#4520 6 years ago

Here's a good example of a God of War backglass:

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Mars God Of War Pinball Machine Backglass

As the seller says, it's a HECK of a lot better than *no* backglass! Am I right?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Hello?

Hundred bucks?

#4521 6 years ago

look at his name... Seller information: pinballperfection (409 )

#4522 6 years ago

A little windex, and that will be good as a new clear sheet of glass!

#4523 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

Hello?
    Hundred bucks?

Plus $69 to ship! Wow!

#4524 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Mars God Of War Pinball Machine Backglass
    As the seller says, it's a HECK of a lot better than *no* backglass! Am I right?

Hello?
    Hundred bucks?

Draw your own backglass! That's neat

#4525 6 years ago

Here is a good one. The price is decent but the description makes me laugh. He made his own belt and then drew a paper football. Nothing like high quality DIY work. Anyone know if replacement parts for this are east to find? I might pick it up if so.

ebay.com link: itm

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4526 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Here is a good one. The price is decent but the description makes me laugh. He made his own belt and then drew a paper football. Nothing like high quality DIY work. Anyone know if replacement parts for this are east to find? I might pick it up if so.
    ebay.com link

Nice McGyver job there......lol

#4527 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Mars God Of War Pinball Machine Backglass

Hello?
    Hundred bucks?

Quoted from dmieczko:

Plus $69 to ship! Wow!

"Far from a perfect mint glass..." I don't think it could get any further.

#4528 6 years ago

I am going to catch hell for this because this IS a pinsider and a local guy, but c'mon, how are the topper and manual that originally came with the game extras?

chicago.craigslist.org link

#4529 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

I'm helping a guy I picked up some arcade games from with an old pin and all my research has shown that this time it may just be a fuse!

#4530 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

look at his name... Seller information: pinballperfection (409 )

Holy crap, that's the guy that owns the museum/warehouse in Pittsburgh. It's an ok place.

#4531 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmieczko:

Plus $69 to ship! Wow!

If I ask him nicely do you think that he would smash up the back glass so it would fit inside a flat rate box, so I could save on shipping? I mean a box full of backglass pieces is better than no backlash at all right?

#4532 6 years ago

Don't you dare, I've been hunting high and low for a backglass for my ,VAR GOO OF WOA pin

#4534 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

ebay.com link

Someone on Pinside recently did a nice job recreating that part for Heat Wave. The advance unit is the same but the metal tape would look slightly different. Could be painted green. Not sure about the football?

#4535 6 years ago

Priced to sell fast:

This guy must have found that ad. His has a painted cab but $300 cheaper.
    wausau.craigslist.org link

It's kind of an interesting game. I'd be tempted at $300.

#4536 6 years ago

I contacted the seller and was ready to buy at a MUCH lower price but decided to pass since I found something better. Plus it was 8 hours one-way. Would have been ok if the glass was perfect but is is flaking. PF is dirty but looks nice.

#4537 6 years ago

isn't there suppose to be an animation in that backglass window?

#4538 6 years ago

Yes there is animation. I know they won't take 300. I had offered a bit more than that. But there is nothing there to recreate a stencil.

#4539 6 years ago

weird how both games were missing the animation.

#4540 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

weird how both games were missing the animation.

That is odd. Parts probably tough to find too.

#4541 6 years ago

The animation is not missing on the WI game (or the KC game most likely). It consists of a vertical bagatelle game with a marble kicked to the top at the end of each ball. The marble weaves through the pins and then falls through one of 3 slots at the bottom scoring either 10 or 100 points.

#4542 6 years ago

It's not a pinball, but there's a Midway 12 in 1 arcade for sale locally. It's the thing target sold years back that's toddler sized and practically made out of cardboard. Asking price is $750. Can't get the CL link to post on my phone, but here's the FB listing from the same seller.

Screenshot_2017-08-03-20-49-57 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-08-03-20-49-57 (resized).png

#4543 6 years ago

Just what is so rare about this may I ask? Space Invaders Pinball $6,000.00?

#4544 6 years ago

There sure do seem to be a lot of high price tags on the Kansas City craigslist section

#4545 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Just what is so rare about this may I ask? Space Invaders Pinball $6,000.00?

Over 11,4000 made just because there are none, currently, on EBARF they must be SUPER RARE

and it needs TLC...

Cabinet is pretty decent for it's age
    3rd and 4th player do NOT work
    Playfield down by the flippers is rough
    There is an issue with the sound at times
    Has a few targets that need to be fixed but this machine plays well

#4546 6 years ago

They left a line out. The machine in the coin box has $5,991.75 in it. Maybe owned by someone famous OJ was moving this machine in the white Bronco when he was on the slow speed chase maybe? Have to look closely at the pictures but I think you can just make out the edge of the machine.

#4547 6 years ago

from the add "THIS IS ONE OF A KIND!!!!!"

neworleans.craigslist.org link

More like 1 of 17,000

#4548 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Just what is so rare about this may I ask?

Player 3 & 4 don't work, that's rare.

#4549 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Player 3 & 4 don't work, that's rare.

Its the ultra rare 2-player variant.

#4550 6 years ago

I asked if he meant $600 and not $6000

There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/91?hl=aplundell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.