Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,861 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by joeaf
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 178.
    #401 9 years ago

Saw this one yesterday chicago.craigslist.org link

Here's the text of it:

This is a vintage old pinball machine made by Bally. Works in good shape for age. This is a pick up only. Asking less to move it, just don't have the room for it. No low ballers and only serious buyers please.

He says he's asking "less to move it"...less than what, the highest price you've ever seen for this title?

Dave

#402 9 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Here's the text of it:
    This is a vintage old pinball machine made by Bally. Works in good shape for age. This is a pick up only. Asking less to move it, just don't have the room for it. No low ballers and only serious buyers please.
    He says he's asking "less to move it"...less than what, the highest price you've ever seen for this title?
    Dave

I wonder how long he has been flipping Elvira bare backed...

#403 9 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

That ad has been up there at LEAST 2 months now. he's out of his mind if he thinks he's getting anything close to that, I sold my restored one with LED's and mods for $2500 at expo, and even at that price I think it may have been high (but the buyer agreed).

Post edited by toyotaboy: typo

#404 9 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

ventura.craigslist.org link
    Vintage SANKYO pachinko machine......only $3800 dollars!

The antique slot machine migth be worth something, but the pachinko machine is good for kindling!

#405 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Check out this BOP at a local game room store. For only $3200, you can have this 'distressed look' game!

#406 9 years ago
    Quoted from Soonerbrink:

Check out this BOP at a local game room store. For only $3200, you can have this 'distressed look' game!

No extra charge!

#407 9 years ago

chambersburg.craigslist.org link

other than the flipper, it's in GREAT condition. Nevermind that sandpaper trace coming out of the shooter lane and the quarter sized wear spot in front of the drops.

#408 9 years ago

Quarter sized? More like silver dollar! Backglass is roached too.

#409 9 years ago
    Quoted from eeperjesi:

other than the flipper, it's in GREAT condition

What's up with that coinbox? Why does it say division national corp.. midwest port authority?
    coinbox1010.pngcoinbox1010.png

I also love when naive sellers are all proud they have spare bulbs, I try to be as nice as possible when I tell them "yea, those will probably go in the garbage, I intend to replace every bulb with LED".

#410 9 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Quarter sized? More like silver dollar! Backglass is roached too.

I can buff that out. My brother's got a wicked set of tools.

#411 9 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

His "lost", your gain.

#412 9 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

His "lost", your gain.

I like that he put in the fact that he would be willing to trade the $300 jackets for a bass boat...sounds like a fair trade...

#413 9 years ago

Or the $5000 gibson les paul...

#414 9 years ago

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-oeuvre-d-art/ouest-de-lile-qc/metallica-pinball-machine-needs-power-cord/1039707086?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

16-déc.-14
    $560

Metallica pinball machine-needs power cord, needs to go asap, cleaning out apartment after non paying tenant

514-364-6570

met_lasalle.JPGmet_lasalle.JPG

#415 9 years ago

I just had to check that it wasn't April 1. If it weren't a 16 hour round trip, and guaranteed to be gone IF I got there in my 25 year old truck, I would be calling.

#416 9 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-oeuvre-d-art/ouest-de-lile-qc/metallica-pinball-machine-needs-power-cord/1039707086?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
    16-déc.-14
    $560
    Metallica pinball machine-needs power cord, needs to go asap, cleaning out apartment after non paying tenant
    514-364-6570

met_lasalle.JPG 85 KB

Jeebus, that won't last long.

#417 9 years ago

16-déc.-14
    $560
    514-364-6570

met_lasalle.JPG 85 KB

hey guys...its fake...how can it be powered up if it needs a cord
    the guy in the pic is Chris (The Captain of Captains Auction Warehouse)
    capn.jpgcapn.jpg
    capn2.jpgcapn2.jpg
    look at the tats on his right arm its the same guy....this guy makes a living selling games

#418 9 years ago

16-déc.-14
    $560

514-364-6570

Phone number comes up with this:
    G Desjardins
    585 Rue Behrens
    Lasalle, QC H8R3E5

Also what about the Stern next to it on the right? Previous tenant must really not care about $10k in machines.

#419 9 years ago

The ad already has 125+ views, so it is long gone if it ever existed.
    Even if the story is real, wouldn't you at least google the price of that thing?
    Makes no sense...

#420 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

hey guys...its fake...how can it be powered up if it needs a cord

On the local forum, someone speculated that the guy in the picture is not the one selling the game.
    The apartment owner is, and maybe the picture is the tenant from Facebook?

Or maybe the guy in the picture is the one who will kidnap and imprison you?

#421 9 years ago

This has been listed for sale for coming on 3 years. The wording has changed with a couple of the renewals, I think it might have had the "works perfect, it just needs a fuse" for a while.

http://www.usedpei.com/classified-ad/Sterns-First-Pinball-machine-possibly-1977_17198671

Also, there's a pawn shop in town that friends and coworkers keep telling me I have to visit because they have a couple pinball machines. I didn't get around to it for the longest time, because I did not expect anything worthwhile there. I finally dropped by to check the place out. There was a BTTF in sorry sorry shape. Most lights were out, plastics missing or broken, parts hanging limply broken on the PF, which looked like someone had emptied an ash tray onto. Miserable problems with the sound, it was definitely on it's way out. Flickering display, also on it's way out. I asked how much the asking price was. He would consider an offer of $3,000. I said there was no way anyone who knew anything would pay that. He said it was worth every cent, that's what they sell for on Ebay.

#422 9 years ago

On the local forum, someone speculated that the guy in the picture is not the one selling the game.
    The apartment owner is, and maybe the picture is the tenant from Facebook?
    Or maybe the guy in the picture is the one who will kidnap and imprison you?

the guy in the pic lives in southern California...

#423 9 years ago
    Quoted from Soonerbrink:

image.jpg 330 KB

That's what i'd have to charge someone if they wanted me to restore that playfield. Holy crap does that look like shit. Can't believe that game was stored with glass on it.

#424 9 years ago

pinball guns? ouch
    sandiego.craigslist.org link

#425 9 years ago

At $1.60 a shot, you learn to aim pretty quick.

#426 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

pinball guns? ouch
    sandiego.craigslist.org link

Oooh those are gonna leave some welts!

#427 9 years ago

How many of those home model games did they make?
    And when will people catch on that they are not real arcade pinballs?
    Argh!

#428 9 years ago

When I clicked on that I was expecting a tiny potc. At least that one *looks like a pinball machine.

#429 9 years ago

There's a local guy selling a BoP for $2500 obo on craigslist. I went over to his place the day after thanksgiving to check it out, the Williams logo on the side is blown out from fade. It has big chips at the top of both side of the cabinet and the quarter to half dollar sized wear mark to the wood at the ball drop on the left side. He wouldn't go lower than $2400.

#430 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

How many of those home model games did they make?

A lot I believe. Pretty sure those even got sold through the sears catalog

#431 9 years ago

Wait a sec -- this guy is taking photos
    FROM THE FUTURE !!!!! WHAT ???
    Today is 2014/12/17

Check the date !!!

sacramento.craigslist.org link

starship future.jpgstarship future.jpg

#432 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Today is 2014/12/17
    Check the date !!!
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

starship future.jpg 36 KB

Ha ha! Can he report back from the future and let us know if Predator and TBL came out so everyone can stop having a coronary about it?

#433 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Today is 2014/12/17
    Check the date !!!
    " target="_blank">sacramento.craigslist.org link

starship future.jpg 36 KB

Least you can see how much wear it WILL have on it before you buy it.

#434 9 years ago

If only he were selling a BTTF

#436 9 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Bangs for pins.......cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a bang item?

#437 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

^^^ +1 LOL !!!
    -mof

#438 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I dunno but if it takes batteries, the for the love of god make sure they aren't leaking before you use it.

#439 9 years ago

He strikes again! Not sure if I'd rather trade for this or the suit jackets...

#440 9 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

He strikes again! Not sure if I'd rather trade for this or the suit jackets..

Oh my GOD I hate that friggen guy! I especially hate the line " I am letting a few go on craigslist before I post them on eBay and let the world go crazy over them.". Umm, it's been at least 4 months there dude, maybe you should change your description instead of reposting because I think you've dragged it through craigslist long enough"

#441 9 years ago

Starting the incandescent sunset craze early...
    kansascity.craigslist.org link

#442 9 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Starting the incandescent sunset craze early...
    kansascity.craigslist.org link

Man, I have like 50 boxes of those! Think I'll get rich?

#443 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

This CL user just needs to do what I did last year. Sell your guns first (some or all) , then buy pins. Lots of pins.

#444 9 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

He strikes again! Not sure if I'd rather trade for this or the suit jackets...

"NO JUNK PEASE!"

I'm not sure if that's irony or not...

#445 9 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

This CL user just needs to do what I did last year. Sell your guns first (some or all) , then buy pins. Lots of pins.

For some reason I see Keanu Reeves in a white room. "Pins. Lots of pins." And whooooosh.

#446 9 years ago

how about a routed Sopranos for $6730...

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

#447 9 years ago

The other owner told me its HUO......

(Love the bare wood in front of the cannon and coin slot wear)

ebay.com link: BLACK ROSE PINBALL MACHINE HOME USE ONLY

#448 9 years ago

It's not so much as a laugh, but I almost shed a tear for this playfield.

#449 9 years ago

I'm just now entering the market for a couple of pins after realizing I'll have some space available after our home renovation is done. I don't think this will be the one I buy though.

nh.craigslist.org link

#450 9 years ago
    Quoted from JimEd:

I'm just now entering the market for a couple of pins after realizing I'll have some space available after our home renovation is done. I don't think this will be the one I buy though.
    nh.craigslist.org link

he says it rare....

There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.