Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,860 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Foxxstone_80
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 178.
    #4401 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Full Title: "Man Cave"

Well that one sure is laugh worthy!!
    Nice find dfrazer.

#4402 6 years ago

But it has free local pickup

#4403 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Full Description: "Not Working"
    Price: $2,000
    ebay.com link » Man Cave

Hey what is the going rate for a working Gorgar? My working X-Files must be worth $5000

#4404 6 years ago

He says, let's see what offers I can get... lol !! How about you pay me to haul it away...

Screenshot_20170717-234706 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170717-234706 (resized).png

#4405 6 years ago

Everyone offer him between $3.45 and $3.55

#4406 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

ebay.com link » Man Cave

Did he repair this with an oil paint? Like a textured oil painting??

#4408 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

ebay.com link » Man Cave

How does he have nearly 2000 feedback and been on Ebay for fifteen years and still not know to include the item name anywhere in the auction? Hell he doesn't even use the word pinball...

#4409 6 years ago

Not sure if this was posted here yet or not... Pretty bizarre table!

newhaven.craigslist.org link

#4410 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmieczko:

Not sure if this was posted here yet or not... Pretty bizarre table!
    newhaven.craigslist.org link

Is that an aquarium in the "backglass" with a gumball coin mech?

#4411 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rackleye:

Probably, but I can't look at the pictures anymore - it hurts my eyes.

#4412 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmieczko:

Probably, but I can't look at the pictures anymore - it hurts my eyes.

Yeah, that color is loud. And the miniature pin with the cheesy band stage in the glass is a nice touch. (not really) And to top it off, they used the smallest LCD they could find.

#4413 6 years ago

Gotta have respect for someone who decides they want something and builds it themselves (skills be damned). Not sure I'd accept it as payment for work done and I think it's probably not in the cards to get $800, but best of luck to them.

#4414 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rackleye:

Pretty sure that's one of those gumball pinball things. Pretty wacky. I'd buy it for 100 bucks.

#4415 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rackleye:

Gotta have respect for someone who decides they want something and builds it themselves (skills be damned). Not sure I'd accept it as payment for work done and I think it's probably not in the cards to get $800, but best of luck to them.

Definitely props for anybody that builds anything in this hobby, especially from scratch. Just some weird choices given the amount of effort and time that went into building that game. Especially odd choice for a donor game. But I definitely give them credit, and I would probably pay 250 for it just to have it.

#4416 6 years ago

Strange choice to have the monitor horizontal instead of vertical.

#4417 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Strange choice to have the monitor horizontal instead of vertical.

Yeah, just looks like you'd be squinting and have to lean down to play any table on it. For the size of the donor, I think they could easily squeeze a 27" in there vertically, at minimum. Then put the 19" up in the aquarium as the backglass / translite monitor. That's actually a good idea...I'm gonna send him a message asking if he is firm on price. I would change it drastically, but cool to have and shove in a corner.

#4418 6 years ago

Anyone have $9 Million dollar pin they want to sell... call Dave

watertown.craigslist.org link

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 7.50.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-07-20 at 7.50.07 PM (resized).png

#4419 6 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

Anyone want to trade their pinball machine for this empty computer rack?

00s0s_6sm2SZiWzcg_600x450 (resized).jpg00s0s_6sm2SZiWzcg_600x450 (resized).jpg

#4421 6 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

... seems legit.

#4422 6 years ago

Rare white board pin $1000
    nashville.craigslist.org link

IMG_1910 (resized).PNGIMG_1910 (resized).PNG

#4423 6 years ago

I do, I do. I have 37 of them to sell. Hell, i'd give him all 37 and my entire parts stash for 9 million.

#4424 6 years ago

On closer inspection, it's nota white board, that's an F'n layer of dust!

#4425 6 years ago

Looks like Wolverine has put his mark on that cab......lol

#4426 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

On closer inspection, it's nota white board, that's an F'n layer of dust!

Don't know what it is but it isn't dust, because it's not on everything.
    None on the backbox or shooter assy, or the cashbox on the pin next to it.

#4427 6 years ago

Excellent condition original pinball machine, the same type of game that Elvis Presley once owned. A must see priced to sell! Contact

Hmmm machine built in 1978 Elvis died in 1977

tampa.craigslist.org link

#4428 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Hmmm machine built in 1978 Elvis died in 1977

LMAO. They just should have said it was actually Elvis's game, and "still has the donut jelly all over the flipper buttons!"

#4429 6 years ago

Not CL, but .......

Screenshot_20170724-074512 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170724-074512 (resized).png

#4430 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Not CL, but .......

But its a collector classic. If this sells, I'll sell my collector classic immediately.

#4431 6 years ago

Can anyone help me pick this up today? It's real rare! So rare, I can't see it.
    detroit.craigslist.org link

#4432 6 years ago
    Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Can anyone help me pick this up today? It's real rare! So rare, I can't see it.
    detroit.craigslist.org link

Well, its in 8 shape, so thats.....good?

#4433 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

But its a collector classic. If this sells, I'll sell my collector classic immediately.

Hell I'll settle on selling mine at 10k!!

#4434 6 years ago

I can't believe this is still available three days later!

kansascity.craigslist.org link

Super Rare Space Invaders Pinball Machine - $6000

This machine is an incredibly rare find! I had searched for over 3 years on CL to find one of these and I have had it about 7 months. Moving in near future and may want to get rid of some of my stuff. Details:

Back glass is near perfect
    Cabinet is pretty decent for it's age
    3rd and 4th player do NOT work
    Playfield down by the flippers is rough - you can purchase a new overlay on Ebay for $200
    There is an issue with the sound at times
    Set to free play
    Original manuals
    Has a few targets that need to be fixed but this machine plays well
    This machine is truly a work of art

With a little TLC this pin could be a great collectors item. I don't HAVE to sell so I'm not really negotiable on price. The Bally Space Invaders Pinball Machines are very hard to find so you won't see this for sale in the near future. There are none of these even on Ebay currently. It's located in my condo with easy access to moving elevator and I have a four wheeler to help move it.

#4435 6 years ago

"It's located in my condo with easy access to moving elevator and I have a four wheeler to help move it."

OL-Car-Freezer (resized).jpgOL-Car-Freezer (resized).jpg

#4436 6 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Sounds like a case of "My significant other wants me to sell it, but I don't really want to sell it, so I will pretend the price is reasonable."

#4437 6 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

This machine is an incredibly rare find! I had searched for over 3 years on CL to find one of these and I have had it about 7 months. Moving in near future and may want to get rid of some of my stuff. Details:
    Back glass is near perfect
    Cabinet is pretty decent for it's age
    3rd and 4th player do NOT work
    Playfield down by the flippers is rough - you can purchase a new overlay on Ebay for $200
    There is an issue with the sound at times
    Set to free play
    Original manuals
    Has a few targets that need to be fixed but this machine plays well
    This machine is truly a work of art
    With a little TLC this pin could be a great collectors item. I don't HAVE to sell so I'm not really negotiable on price. The Bally Space Invaders Pinball Machines are very hard to find so you won't see this for sale in the near future. There are none of these even on Ebay currently. It's located in my condo with easy access to moving elevator and I have a four wheeler to help move it.

Actually I don't think that one's available anymore. A guy on the local facebook group said he got in a bidding war with other people lined up to buy it and he ended up giving $7,500 for it.

#4438 6 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

Actually I don't think that one's available anymore. A guy on the local facebook group said he got in a bidding war with other people lined up to buy it and he ended up giving $7,500 for it.

It was on the internet, it has to be true!

lo2fc (resized).jpglo2fc (resized).jpg

#4439 6 years ago

If anyone missed out on the Hi-Lo Ace that was for sale on Pinside last week for $375, no worries. It's being flipped on Craigslist for only another $320 more!

lancaster.craigslist.org link

#4440 6 years ago
    Quoted from DangerSem:

If anyone missed out on the Hi-Lo Ace that was for sale on Pinside last week for $375, no worries. It's being flipped on Craigslist for only another $320 more!

That disappointing...it was mine. Not hard for me to decipher given that it still has my custom keychain on the coin door in his pic. He said he wanted it for himself. And he's a Pinsider, probably why it's not listed here.

#4441 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That disappointing...it was mine. Not hard for me to decipher given that it still has my custom keychain on the coin door in his pic. He said he wanted it for himself. And he's a Pinsider, probably why it's not listed here.

Hrm.. Do you dare mention who it was so we can blacklist him?

#4442 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

It's his pin he can do what he wants with it.

#4443 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

It's his pin he can do what he wants with it.

It kind of sucks that he lied about it, though. If they're going to shop it out and flip it, that's fine. Just don't lie to the seller about it.

#4444 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It kind of sucks that he lied about it, though. If they're going to shop it out and flip it, that's fine. Just don't lie to the seller about it.

Nobody knows why he decided to sell it, perhaps that was not his intentions when he purchased it.

#4445 6 years ago

That trick has been played over and over again since the 1980's.

#4446 6 years ago

I could really care less, so no need to make a big deal about it. My only issue is when someone haggles with you over a price...then you compromise even further because it's a game "they really want"...then they turn around and list it two days later for double that price, that is kind of irritating. Especially when they were already getting a good price on the game as it was. And that is exactly what leads to pinflation and lower level games being ridiculously priced.

But Geist is right. Once it is their game, they can do whatever they want with it. Doesn't mean I have to like what they do with it.

#4447 6 years ago

I agree with you.

#4448 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I could really care less, so no need to make a big deal about it. My only issue is when someone haggles with you over a price...then you compromise even further because it's a game "they really want"...then they turn around and list it two days later for double that price, that is kind of irritating.

It seems to me that this is self correcting now. You obviously won't cut him any deals ever again. Do this to enough people, and the buy effectively removes himself from the market. So it becomes a short term gain, long term loss.

#4449 6 years ago

Buy low, sell high. That's how it works, like it or not. There is a rare person out there with honor, but never hold your breath.

#4450 6 years ago

I have had "buyer's remorse" after buying a game that I really wanted. However, I just wanted out of it for what I paid and maybe a few bucks($50) for my time.

I have also bought with full intentions of shopping and flipping. It's what the seller deems reasonable to accept for the machine. Haggling price is the art of negotiation, some are honest negotiators and some lie through their teeth. Pick and choose wisely. I sold a South Park for $1700, the guy had it on CL not 2 hours later for $2500. I didn't give a shit because he never told me what he was buying it for. Only thing that irked me is he used MY pictures! If he had told me that he was buying it for himself and did that, I would have reported him to C.L. I had my $1700 and I was good with that.

There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/89?hl=dangersem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.