Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,831 posts
  • 1,035 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by Mthomasslo
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0211 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9321 (resized).png
    image_2024-03-14_213052593.png
    image_2024-03-14_192715726.png
    image_2024-03-14_192145689.png
    IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg

There are 8,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 177.
    #4251 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm about to mail them $10 to throw this in the trash just so I can quit getting alerts for it

I see about a dozen of these ads at any given time for these toys. They keep getting relisted and bumped up for *months* on end. Good grief

#4252 6 years ago

Same boat here, there's like 10 to 20 of them listed for $10 to $50. Just fuggin eBay them already!

#4253 6 years ago

My luck I would pay the $10 and they would still leave the posting on CL

#4254 6 years ago
    Quoted from Higloss67:

My luck I would pay the $10 and they would still leave the posting on CL

We could always buy them, and throw them away ourselves

#4255 6 years ago

This one has literally been on our local CL for nearly 3 years, renewed every 3 days or so. Started at $50, then 1 year later down to $40, then after another year down to $30. At this rate, it should get moved to the 'Free' ads in ~3 more years......

rochester.craigslist.org link

"........The Pinball Machine is Not Working......."

2017-06-23_14-43-18 (resized).png2017-06-23_14-43-18 (resized).png

#4256 6 years ago

I like how everything is broke but it's in good condition lol

#4257 6 years ago

V I N T A G E

#4258 6 years ago

Everything "vintage" is also usually "rare"

#4259 6 years ago

Can I add as RARE for "Rarely sold at this price" ...
    houston.craigslist.org link

#4260 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

This one has literally been on our local CL for nearly 3 years, renewed every 3 days or so. Started at $50, then 1 year later down to $40, then after another year down to $30. At this rate, it should get moved to the 'Free' ads in ~3 more years......
    rochester.craigslist.org link
    "........The Pinball Machine is Not Working......."

would be fun to meet up with seller, buy the thing, than get a sledge hammer out of trunk and smash it to pieces right there.

#4261 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

would be fun to meet up with seller, buy the thing, than get a sledge hammer out of trunk and smash it to pieces right there.

This!

#4262 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Can I add as RARE for "Rarely sold at this price" ...
    houston.craigslist.org link

I love how the seller knows his is in the top 10%. Must have taken ages to go and inspect the other 3999 rare units for his condition report!

#4263 6 years ago

There was another sold in what appears to be better condition about an hour away for roughly $675.

#4264 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I love how the seller knows his is in the top 10%. Must have taken ages to go and inspect the other 3999 rare units for his condition report!

Odd that he says 4000 made when IPDB has it as 2802 made. His is even rarer!!

#4265 6 years ago

1977 Evel Knievel Pinball Machine-Rare - $4500

1977 Evel Knievel Pinball machine . I have been told that this pinball machine is a possible prototype because of Serial # EEK1374. Others have sold for much more in not as good of condition. Very few were made with only one coin slot up to 4 players. Excellent original condition with original manual. Everything works including coin box. Well taken care of. Serious inquiries only. Cash only

Production: 14,000 units = RARE

So who told him that it may be a prototype?

#4266 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

The interwebs... rare==more $$$

#4267 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

1977 Evel Knievel Pinball machine . I have been told that this pinball machine is a possible prototype because of Serial # EEK1374. Others have sold for much more in not as good of condition. Very few were made with only one coin slot up to 4 players. Excellent original condition with original manual. Everything works including coin box. Well taken care of. Serious inquiries only. Cash only

Well, it does have a working coin box!

#4268 6 years ago

At the Rio hotel in Vegas...they have a KISS mini golf area with a swag shop and I saw this for sale...

20170623_103127 (resized).jpg20170623_103127 (resized).jpg

20170623_103133 (resized).jpg20170623_103133 (resized).jpg

#4269 6 years ago

Who the hell looks for a zizzle?

Screenshot_2017-06-22-01-36-19-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-06-22-01-36-19-1 (resized).png

#4270 6 years ago

Sell me your Zizzle machine so I can put it in my shop for $500

#4271 6 years ago

Did I say $500 I meant $999 after adding action figures and leds and under cabinet lights

#4272 6 years ago

Zizzle rhymes with shizzle.

#4273 6 years ago

Just a positive CL story- I sold a Klondike yesterday I picked up 2 months ago, also on CL.

It was dead as a doornail when purchased aside from some lights and someone had tried to "fix it" which may have made things worse... Got it up and running, fixed a bunch! of cold solder joints, replaced a bunch of bulbs, cleaned and set dirty contacts, un-stuck and lubed steppers, new bell clanger from PBR, replaced most of the elastics..

Nice cabinet and playfield, BG flaking as usual.

I love Williams games which make up bulk of our collection with Heat Wave, Olympic Hockey, Touchdown and Ding Dong being EM favorites but Klondike is one of those "love it or hate it" titles and it just did not make the cut. I do love the fact it is both an add-a-ball AND a win a credit game at the same time which is something I wish was more widespread.

The game play was not to our taste though and decided to move it along at what I thought was a fair price.

It was GONE in less than 24 hours. Guy made a 8 hour drive from Virgina and laid $600 cash on the glass. He was ecstatic and astounded to have a game from his youth that he had been looking for months and it needed so little. I went over the features with him, gave him some pointers, printed out the owners manual, 2 spare boxes of new #47 bulbs and a PBR catalog flyer for good measure and sent him on his way.

We all have negative experiences with CL, lord knows 90% of mine are pretty rocky with totally flaky CL sellers and tire kickers, nice to have the random nice one. The 10% are usually very, very nice people that are a pleasure to deal with, buying and selling.

Picked up my Ice Fever via CL, the guy and his wife not only helped me load it in the truck but offered my wife and I refreshments as well.

Gary

DSCN8042 (resized).JPGDSCN8042 (resized).JPG
    DSCN8035 (resized).JPGDSCN8035 (resized).JPG
    DSCN8037 (resized).JPGDSCN8037 (resized).JPG

#4274 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Who the hell looks for a zizzle?

Well, actually, I was looking for one not too long ago. And I found one, for $50. It was donated to a high school engineering class, and they immediately started hacking on it. First thing up was fixing the bumpers and power supply. Then, they upgraded the buttons. This year, I think the whole thing is being rethemed and rewired, with an Arduino driver and a Raspberry Pi running MPF.

#4275 6 years ago

Those might be the best pictures I've seen in a craigslist ad so far.
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

#4276 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Oh, totally! That machine is worth FAR more than they are asking, based on the photos.

#4277 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

sacramento.craigslist.org link

Good thing they tell you it's green and tan because you would never figure that out.

#4279 6 years ago

I found another $4500 Kiss Pinball if you guys are still looking!!

chicago.craigslist.org link

00x0x_9FiBTPesfds_600x450 (resized).jpg00x0x_9FiBTPesfds_600x450 (resized).jpg

#4281 6 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

The seller has been reposting that every 2 days for months now.

#4282 6 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

Pfffffft you can get a broken one for 2500 that hasnt worked in 17 years in my neck of the woods

southjersey.craigslist.org link

#4283 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Anyone here interested in 4 EM's for 25k?
    ebay.com link » Gottliebs Pinball Machines El Dorado Square Head Quick Draw Big Brave

"Vintage Pinball Collection Extraordinaire!!!!!!!"

Nice condition EM's... but a price that is utterly ridiculous. $6250 per machine...Man are you nuts?

#4284 6 years ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

OOOFFFF!

I'll only buy if it comes with the B-17 'topper'.....

#4285 6 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

I'll only buy if it comes with the B-17 'topper'.....

I like how the renamed it SUPERSTAR reminds me of the Movie

#4286 6 years ago

I love the fact that he includes a WPC schematic manual with a Data East machine that tells me he is a hard core collector! norfolk.craigslist.org link

#4287 6 years ago

Here is a good laugh! I provided a screen shot below incase it gets removed. nh.craigslist.org link

wife (resized).JPGwife (resized).JPG

#4288 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Here is a good laugh! I provided a screen shot below incase it gets removed. nh.craigslist.org link

LMAO!!!

#4290 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

ebay.com link » Bally Medusa Pinball Machine Needs Restoration Great Project

What is funny about this? Looks like a great deal to me. Not Craigslist either.

Edit: I see. "Condition is new". Yeah. That's pretty funny!

#4291 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

What is funny about this? Looks like a great deal to me. Not Craigslist either.

Maybe because the cabinet has seen better days?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4292 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Price needs to drop by 1K before that ever sells.

#4293 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Price needs to drop by 1K before that ever sells.

Yeah the price isn't the only funny aspect of that post. I mainly got a kick out of why he was selling it.

#4294 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

The best part is now there is another Evel Knievel pin that shows up right next to it for 40% of the price in the same condition (also with a "bally coin box & 2 coin mechs")

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4295 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

The best part is now there is another Evel Knievel pin that shows up right next to it for 40% of the price in the same condition (also with a "bally coin box & 2 coin mechs")

but he has been told it might be a prototype....So what expert told him that?

#4296 6 years ago

https://offerup.com/item/detail/300139283/

Don't forget to wear protection...

offerupprotection (resized).JPGofferupprotection (resized).JPG

#4297 6 years ago

I must have been doing this incorrectly if I need that level of protection....

#4298 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

ebay.com link » Bally Medusa Pinball Machine Needs Restoration Great Project

thanks for the heads up...this is only 20 miles from me...I am bidding on it (seriously)...what a fun project

#4299 6 years ago

Something smells good in Turdville.
    We've suffered this miserable ad during the hunt for well over 2 years now, someone posted a revenge ad and I had to share.
    portland.craigslist.org link

#4300 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The seller has been reposting that every 2 days for months now.

Lol...I'm not as diligent as I used to be looking at CL. Got tired of not seeing any deals on there, mostly just high priced flippers with their games that aren't selling and want to buy ads(ANNOYING).

There are way better deals on Pinside...IMO (Wish I had some $$$)

Am I wrong?

There are 8,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 177.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/86?hl=dangersem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.