Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,859 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Atari1977
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 178.
    #4151 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

newjersey.craigslist.org link
    Camera broke. ok.

"no email no text-will not respond phone calls only."

Let's call him at 484 843 0569 and ask for pics!

#4152 6 years ago

The text of this delusional guys ad is worth the read.
    Whatever you do don't offer him one penny less than $5000 for his broken project machines!

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

I love how people try to evaluate their junk based on the price it would actually worth if it was fully restored by you.

#4153 6 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I'm fairly sure I saw the ad a few weeks ago and there was pics.. very ugly ones at that.

Maybe flipping it and previous ad was from former owner?

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Flipper.

#4154 6 years ago

It's just a fuse....

#4155 6 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

Whatever you do don't offer him one penny less than $5000 for his broken project machines!
    I love how people try to evaluate their junk based on the price it would actually worth if it was fully restored by you.

All or nothing - sounds like he just doesn't want to get stuck with that Alive! machine.

#4156 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

It's just a fuse....

Double the price after changing it, they never do for some reason though.

#4157 6 years ago

Numerous times he states these machines just need a simple fix but he just hasn't gotten around to it. One of the machines he claims worked great when he got it but just doesn't have the time to test it. How does he expect anyone to believe this garbage?

#4158 6 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Made me chuckle. That's just mean man.....

#4159 6 years ago

Willing to bet this is the same T2 that just sold for under $1500 nearby. "Like new!" $4900 haha.

boston.craigslist.org link

#4160 6 years ago

Fix the flippers yourself and save $2,000!

toronto.craigslist.ca link

#4161 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm fairly sure I saw the ad a few weeks ago and there was pics.. very ugly ones at that.
    Maybe flipping it and previous ad was from former owner?
    philadelphia.craigslist.org link
    Flipper.

It's the same guy! Same phone number at least!

484 843 0569

#4162 6 years ago

Uh oh, we have another vintage machine here...

tucson.craigslist.org link

#4163 6 years ago

boston.craigslist.org link

What give here? Every pic is a different machine. One is even T3

#4164 6 years ago
    Quoted from ruddiger52:

What give here? Every pic is a different machine. One is even T3

I was about to comment that they aren't even pictures of the same game.

#4166 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

sides with a veneer
    phoenix.craigslist.org link

"Previous owner covered sides with a veneer to protect the graphics"

That's a new twist! I'll bet the original graphics are pristine under the veneer!

#4167 6 years ago
    Quoted from AZDbacker:

Uh oh, we have another vintage machine here...
    tucson.craigslist.org link

Yeah, stock photos with a white background. Run, don't walk away!

#4168 6 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

"Previous owner covered sides with a veneer to protect the graphics"
    That's a new twist! I'll bet the original graphics are pristine under the veneer!

For sale. Get your cabinet decals here! It's a one type is all decal. Here's my twilight zone Addams family monster bash selection.

IMG_0036 (resized).PNGIMG_0036 (resized).PNG

#4169 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

sides with a veneer
    phoenix.craigslist.org link

"Worked well when put into storage"

Code words for "dead as a door nail" now.

#4170 6 years ago

Now with custom gang graffiti

Screenshot_2017-06-07-01-56-11-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-06-07-01-56-11-1 (resized).png

#4171 6 years ago

jonesboro.craigslist.org link

Not exactly what I intended to find..

#4172 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

jonesboro.craigslist.org link
    Not exactly what I intended to find..

Hah, someone needs to bring that to a pinball show.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4173 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

For sale. Get your cabinet decals here! It's a one type is all decal. He's my twilight zone Addams family monster bash selection.

I am going to buy this machine and pick it up in my "woody".

#4174 6 years ago

I think this seller lurks here on Pinside. I would love to hear more of his pricing theories.

This one is my favorite:
    "1985 Williams "Pinbot". Machine worked fine but in the course of playing it at one point it stopped triggering the pinbot head (you hit some targets and when all are down it triggers) So possibly a sensor/wire that needs replaced. Everyone on the PB forums seemed to think I was looking at a $5.00 fix. A couple of the lights at the bottom of the playfield are starting to raise. Some of the people I talked to said you can pressure set these back w/no issue, and others said you want to remove/replace so.. I dunno.
    Even in iffy condition these sell for over $3K"

Let's see, machine worked fine BUT......the pinbot head is broken. Probably a 5 buck fix. Hmmn? Also, the playfield inserts are lifting, but he talked to "some people" to get some advice about that and he just "dunno". A real expert here, right?

A real expert that I wouldn't waste $2500 on that lot of games.

#4175 6 years ago

This is on my wishlist and I know it's rare but holy shit for $5000 I better get a reach-a-round and a rim job.

Screenshot_2017-06-07-02-07-39-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-06-07-02-07-39-1 (resized).png

#4176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

This is on my wishlist and I know it's rare but holy shit for $5000 I better get a reach-a-round and a rim job.

If Joust is worth $6K surely War is worth $5K

#4177 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I think this seller lurks here on Pinside. I would love to hear more of his pricing theories.
    This one is my favorite:
    "1985 Williams "Pinbot". Machine worked fine but in the course of playing it at one point it stopped triggering the pinbot head (you hit some targets and when all are down it triggers) So possibly a sensor/wire that needs replaced. Everyone on the PB forums seemed to think I was looking at a $5.00 fix. A couple of the lights at the bottom of the playfield are starting to raise. Some of the people I talked to said you can pressure set these back w/no issue, and others said you want to remove/replace so.. I dunno.
    Even in iffy condition these sell for over $3K"
    Let's see, machine worked fine BUT......the pinbot head is broken. Probably a 5 buck fix. Hmmn? Also, the playfield inserts are lifting, but he talked to "some people" to get some advice about that and he just "dunno". A real expert here, right?
    A real expert that I wouldn't waste $2500 on that lot of games.

in other words, games broke but he still wants to overprice it.

#4178 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

in other words, games broke but he still wants to overprice it.

Give him a break guys... he has a boat payment/kids tution/alimony to make!

#4180 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This is great....
    chicago.craigslist.org link

My spanish is terrible but I'm pretty sure it says there are only 120 of them made so its worth 6 to 12 grand.

#4181 6 years ago

I couldn't resist to email him and show him some real world value on his prices. His reply is priceless

"Well,.. as I'm on a boring con call and your mail is soooo precious,. I'll reply.

This cracks me up.. No matter what it is, antiques, electronics, cars, games,.. There's always some monkeys in the gallery that think they're the smart ones and need to enlighten me.

The *ONLY* people who reply to CL ads like this, are either people who want the stuff and are too poor to afford it. ("Grrr.... the mean ol man wants too much money for the thing I want. I have an ill informed opinion and the internet,. I better mail him!") or flippers who aren't actually willing to do any real work to turn a profit "Awww.. I wanted to buy it for $20 and just sell it for $100 for doing nothing but this ASSHOLE wants $90 RIPOFF Whaaarblegarble!!!".

Sorry,.. the whole world isn't a handout line, some people are willing to pay more/do more than what you are. Hardly makes it my problem as I'm on the other side of that fence, I pay a fair cost, I do good work and I ask a fair price.

These prices are fair based on what *I* would get out of these machines if *I* shopped them and took them to shows, but I'm meticulous when it comes to this stuff. If you're going to just buy and re-sell w/no work, or shit-slap one overnight to "sell ready" then yeah, you're margins are going to be way low. Of course the difference between "Works good" and "Showroom new" is 25%+ in pricing and a premium over "Market Norm"
    Which is and has been the case with pins for as long as people have been shopping them.

Seriously though,.. you're just horribly ignorant of the market.

I've bought and sold over 25 pins at this point and I've always made a good profit and that's just with a diagnostic, cleanup, and some replaced rubbers. If I listened to people like you and the internet pricing DB's for pins I'd have made about 60% less overall.

Pins are largely an impulse buy, online stats are narrow (in most cases flat wrong), blind and only useful as the roughest of guides.

The pin I actually shopped out completely,.. I'm 100% sure you'd have told me it was impossible to get my asking price, (but I'm probably just magic or something). So I'll just stick with my methods thanks.

Worst case, I sit on them and keep them clean till I have time to refurb later and I'll absolutely get 10K out of them. Sell now, sell later, either way I'm good.

As an aside,.. of the tons of other illiterates with no reading comprehension who replied. There's already individual offers on the circus for $600 and $200 for alive, and $620 for Phoenix all sight unseen, so.. you're *obviously* a genius and authority when it comes to pricing pins.

You were right about one thing though Alive is shit, I might even take their offer on that one.

Thanks for being a champion of the internet and "cluing me in" though,..
    My wallet is REALLY glad that I don't listen to guys like you.

(I also sell pussy hurt cream,.. shall I put you down for a case?, sounds like you need it bad.)

And yeah,.. now you're on the mail block list so, don't bother replying."

#4183 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I couldn't resist to email him and show him some real world value on his prices. His reply is priceless
    "Well,.. as I'm on a boring con call and your mail is soooo precious,. I'll reply.
    This cracks me up.. No matter what it is, antiques, electronics, cars, games,.. There's always some monkeys in the gallery that think they're the smart ones and need to enlighten me.
    The *ONLY* people who reply to CL ads like this, are either people who want the stuff and are too poor to afford it. ("Grrr.... the mean ol man wants too much money for the thing I want. I have an ill informed opinion and the internet,. I better mail him!") or flippers who aren't actually willing to do any real work to turn a profit "Awww.. I wanted to buy it for $20 and just sell it for $100 for doing nothing but this ASSHOLE wants $90 RIPOFF Whaaarblegarble!!!".
    Sorry,.. the whole world isn't a handout line, some people are willing to pay more/do more than what you are. Hardly makes it my problem as I'm on the other side of that fence, I pay a fair cost, I do good work and I ask a fair price.
    These prices are fair based on what *I* would get out of these machines if *I* shopped them and took them to shows, but I'm meticulous when it comes to this stuff. If you're going to just buy and re-sell w/no work, or shit-slap one overnight to "sell ready" then yeah, you're margins are going to be way low. Of course the difference between "Works good" and "Showroom new" is 25%+ in pricing and a premium over "Market Norm"
    Which is and has been the case with pins for as long as people have been shopping them.
    Seriously though,.. you're just horribly ignorant of the market.
    I've bought and sold over 25 pins at this point and I've always made a good profit and that's just with a diagnostic, cleanup, and some replaced rubbers. If I listened to people like you and the internet pricing DB's for pins I'd have made about 60% less overall.
    Pins are largely an impulse buy, online stats are narrow (in most cases flat wrong), blind and only useful as the roughest of guides.
    The pin I actually shopped out completely,.. I'm 100% sure you'd have told me it was impossible to get my asking price, (but I'm probably just magic or something). So I'll just stick with my methods thanks.
    Worst case, I sit on them and keep them clean till I have time to refurb later and I'll absolutely get 10K out of them. Sell now, sell later, either way I'm good.
    As an aside,.. of the tons of other illiterates with no reading comprehension who replied. There's already individual offers on the circus for $600 and $200 for alive, and $620 for Phoenix all sight unseen, so.. you're *obviously* a genius and authority when it comes to pricing pins.
    You were right about one thing though Alive is shit, I might even take their offer on that one.
    Thanks for being a champion of the internet and "cluing me in" though,..
    My wallet is REALLY glad that I don't listen to guys like you.
    (I also sell pussy hurt cream,.. shall I put you down for a case?, sounds like you need it bad.)
    And yeah,.. now you're on the mail block list so, don't bother replying."

What a totally predictable Douchebag response from this delusion moron. Jesus will return before anyone pays him $5000 for this broken project junk OR $10k for his machines after the were to get professional (not by him) restores.

Amazing how pissed off people like this get when they get a dose of reality.

#4184 6 years ago

"Pins are largely an impulse buy"

No, no they're not.

#4186 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

No, no they're not.

At $100, *maybe*.

Cetainly not a whole bunch of broken ones for $5k.

#4187 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

At $100, *maybe*.
    Cetainly not a whole bunch of broken ones for $5k.

Exactly!

#4188 6 years ago

Not Craigslist, but description is a classic. "Can't play for debris on playing field."
    ebay.com link: Vintage Working Gottlieb Big Hit baseball Pinball Arcade Machine Kentucky

#4189 6 years ago

The more I see these ads, the more I start to think that there might actually be people that pay these prices

#4190 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

No, no they're not.

Just another bullshit salesman with a handful of samples. The guy is completely delusional, but he has flipped 25 machines. I would really hate to be one of his 25 customers and the pure shit they have received as shopped out games.

Like he said, "I dunno".

#4191 6 years ago

I'm still waiting to see if we can get some of that cream he sells..

#4192 6 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

It's the same guy! Same phone number at least!
    484 843 0569

newjersey.craigslist.org link

00Z0Z_iJGJXN2ig8u_1200x900 (resized).jpg00Z0Z_iJGJXN2ig8u_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00N0N_joRpQ0UcdXS_1200x900 (resized).jpg00N0N_joRpQ0UcdXS_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00M0M_9aZy8mPTWpW_1200x900 (resized).jpg00M0M_9aZy8mPTWpW_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00K0K_glQSWezNP3s_1200x900 (resized).jpg00K0K_glQSWezNP3s_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00s0s_a3YmhL6GCrV_1200x900 (resized).jpg00s0s_a3YmhL6GCrV_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00I0I_eCI7xSm51l5_1200x900 (resized).jpg00I0I_eCI7xSm51l5_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00G0G_a4CXkdoBIT6_1200x900 (resized).jpg00G0G_a4CXkdoBIT6_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00x0x_l0RiclNgMpS_1200x900 (resized).jpg00x0x_l0RiclNgMpS_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#4193 6 years ago

$12,500 Dirty Harry. Discuss amongst yourselves....
    IMG_3197 (resized).PNGIMG_3197 (resized).PNG

#4194 6 years ago

Impulse buy!

#4195 6 years ago

You have to ask yourself, is there one or two extra zeros in the that price?

#4196 6 years ago

Wonder how much the No Fear sitting next to it is.

#4197 6 years ago

10k by Christmas

#4198 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wonder how much the No Fear sitting next to it is.

10k by Christmas

#4199 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

10k by Christmas

Would be more than that now going off the DH. Maybe 20k by Christmas!

#4200 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

You have to ask yourself, is there one or two extra zeros in the that price?

Well, is there, punk?

There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/84?hl=maxash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.