By wayout440

3 years ago

Stats

• 4,869 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 736 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5721 (resized).PNG
    79ABAD56-5121-4173-B39E-ED0DDBBAA2F9 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    00O0O_2bLpTlLyZPZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    00707_bwJgexT58fw_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    6867C78F-CC59-4C64-B0B5-DBDA846414EA (resized).png
    B9E3BE0D-DEBD-4FD8-809D-F03FF5B5C543 (resized).png
    Paragib (resized).jpg
    IMAG0377 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0376 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0085 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0084 (resized).jpg
    Marshall Lucky (resized).jpg
    IMG_2551 (resized).PNG
    High Speed in batshit (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-01-04-28-29 (resized).png

There are 4869 posts in topic. You are on page 82 of 98.
    #4051 5 months ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Is that made out of an old bed frame?

Possibly an antique coat rack.

#4052 5 months ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think it's the bedroom edition pinball machine. Who wouldn't want one in their bedroom?

#4053 5 months ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Hey, baby. Wanna come back to my crib and play pinball - made from a crib?

#4054 5 months ago

wow

#4055 5 months ago

I wonder why they call it Spinout "Elvis Presley"?

Maybe pick up this and that funhouse with the wooden coin door, and have some sort of yin / yang pin pair going on.

That said, they haven't done that bad a job for a building a cab out of a bed frame (or whatever).

#4056 5 months ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I wonder why they call it Spinout "Elvis Presley"?

p4159_p_v8_aa (resized).jpg

#4057 5 months ago

Fixed it for you...

#4059 5 months ago

This is an antique Evil Knievel, Bally made, pinball machine in excellent condition, and fully functional. It's main use has been as a display piece in my family living room. Comes with chord to plug machine into standard outlet. The machine contains single player as well as multi player mode.

-Looking for 8,000 or best offer

-SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY
    detroit.craigslist.org link

for the crap home use game $800.00 would be 2X too much

EK (resized).jpg

EK2 (resized).jpg

#4060 5 months ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I posted this in the EM section, and thought it would fit here too. This just cracks me up.
    fresno.craigslist.org link

That actually looks kind of neat, but too bad about 10% of the back-glass is covered by molding.

#4061 5 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

"It's Alive! I't's Alive! It's Alive, It's Alive, IT'S ALIVE!"
    » YouTube video

#4062 5 months ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

This is an antique Evil Knievel, Bally made, pinball machine in excellent condition, and fully functional. It's main use has been as a display piece in my family living room. Comes with chord to plug machine into standard outlet. The machine contains single player as well as multi player mode.
    -SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY

But it comes with the chord to use in a standard outlet! And you can plug that chord in to play an $8K piece of shit!

That's like a used car salesman explaining that 4 tires and a steering wheel is standard equipment.

#4063 5 months ago

I mentioned this a while back and they have yet to give up. Down to $600. Worn down to wood and destroyed cabinet with a door bell mod. I think on the high side this would be a $200 game given the condition.

richmond.craigslist.org link

#4064 5 months ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

It's updated:

>>"MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL ONLY TODAY" !!!<<

What a SPECIAL for Mom!!! I know my 76 yr old mother would be thrilled to receive this "hunk"... of junk.

#4065 5 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

It's updated:
    >>"MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL ONLY TODAY" !!!<<
    What a SPECIAL for Mom!!! I know my 76 yr old mother would be thrilled to receive this "hunk"... of junk.

hahahah what a piece of junk

#4066 5 months ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

-SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY

He said you can add a coin slot and the value goes up

#4067 5 months ago

I know this isn't a pinball machine but god dog. $2500... No way!

#4068 5 months ago

#4069 5 months ago

Great game but.... A little on the high side of the market.

1992 Bally Doctor Who Pinball Machine.pdf

#4070 5 months ago

ORIGINAL PRE-DISTRIBUTION DISTRIBUTOR COPIES

pinball promo videos - $110 each (ALGONQUIN)

chicago.craigslist.org link

#4071 5 months ago

At least there is a picture so you can take a look before you drive out there!

PBVids (resized).JPG

#4072 5 months ago
    Quoted from c508:

At least there is a picture so you can take a look before you drive out there!

What?!?! No Betamax?

No Sale!
    faz

#4073 5 months ago

Who wants to jump on Cubs band wagon for a a small fee of $6,000

#4074 5 months ago

I recently posted a box of 1940's - 1960's Life magazines in the "free" section of Craigslist. Received several emails, and the one I replied to first was a woman who was a schoolteacher who said she could use them in her classes. Sounded like a good home for WWII and Vietnam-era publications.

This person turned out to be one of the biggest ding-a-lings I've ever dealt with. Long story short, a ridiculous number of back-and-forths to set up a simple pick-up, and then finally she tells me that her niece will pick them up because otherwise she would have to come to Long Island from New Jersey. Then a call from her niece that she's on her way and needs the address. Then a call from the original woman (who I thought lived in New Jersey??) that she needs the address. Then a call from two streets away because she got the address wrong. At this point, I just don't want to deal with her any more, so I write LIFE MAGAZINES in thick letters on the box they're in, and put them outside on my front walk, with the writing facing the street so even an idiot could read it. Of course, two minutes later I get another phone call...."Are those the Life magazines in the box?"

#4075 5 months ago
    Quoted from etnfrd67:

"Machine is located in Phoenix Arizona, but can be shipped to you."
    I hate ppl who post shit on my local CL and they end up hundreds or thousands of miles away.

#4076 5 months ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

first was a woman who was a schoolteacher who said she could use them in her classes. Sounded like a good home for WWII and Vietnam-era publications.
    This person turned out to be one of the biggest ding-a-lings I've ever dealt with.

And she is teaching our yutes? Yikes.

#4077 5 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I thought the story would end with now they are for sale on CL.

#4078 5 months ago
    Quoted from etnfrd67:

The seller could get in BIG trouble for using the cubs and World series logo's without permission.

#4079 5 months ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

The seller could get in BIG trouble for using the cubs and World series logo's without permission.

I didn't even notice that good catch

#4080 5 months ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

"Machine is located in Phoenix Arizona, but can be shipped to you."
    I hate ppl who post shit on my local CL and they end up hundreds or thousands of miles away.

He is just hopeing some crazy cubs fan will shell out 6,000.00 because they just need to have it in there man cave.

#4081 5 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Exactly what I was thinking!

Quoted from JAHpinWizard:

I thought the story would end with now they are for sale on CL.

Good luck if she decides to sell them on CL. I had another batch of them up there, cheap, and no interest at all. Interesting reading, and interesting to peruse thru history, but they're boat anchors.

#4082 5 months ago

No, that's really the theme for the machine. Premier payed up for the license back when it was manufactured, and the trademark owners can't really demand more money from the guy who resells the thing he bought.

#4083 5 months ago
    Quoted from mhkohne:

No, that's really the theme for the machine. Premier payed up for the license back when it was manufactured, and the trademark owners can't really demand more money from the guy who resells the thing he bought.

Yup.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=502

#4084 5 months ago
    Quoted from mhkohne:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup.
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=502

I know that. i worked on one back in the day, but the pin came out LONG before the Cubs won the World Series, and the seller is trying to sell it as a "Limited Edition" using the 2016 Worlds Series logo. That's the parts that make the ad sketchy.

#4085 5 months ago

Seller is trying to get 4X the actual value, cash in on a world series win.

#4086 5 months ago

stlouis.craigslist.org link

Only $4500- I guess its cheaper than $6995 one on Ebay

NO HAGGLE NO TIREKICKERS!!

00606_8BPxr71M36G_600x450 (resized).jpg

#4087 5 months ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

Only $4500- I guess its cheaper than $6995 one on Ebay
    NO HAGGLE NO TIREKICKERS!!

I like how he claims you can buy a messed up one off eBay, but only post the one picture showing the faded side. Wonder what the playfield looks like.

#4088 5 months ago

boston.craigslist.org link

Yikes....on a few levels

#4089 5 months ago

I know that. i worked on one back in the day, but the pin came out LONG before the Cubs won the World Series, and the seller is trying to sell it as a "Limited Edition" using the 2016 Worlds Series logo. That's the parts that make the ad sketchy.

Ohhh...there's a card/sticker on the apron. I didn't bother to look at all the images and didn't notice anything different on the backglass.

Yeah, that's sketchy and misrepresents the machine.

pasted_image (resized).jpeg

#4090 5 months ago

Says it super rare, then goes on to quote Ritchie as saying almost 20,000 of them made

orangecounty.craigslist.org link This RARE piece is in good working order!
    My kids love this game, but they are getting older and nobody plays it anymore.
    I know it's a hard find and rare piece, so no low ball offers please.
    CASH only! Please, call, text or email Dede

Flash' was the first game from any manufacturer to have a dynamic background sound during gameplay. It is also the first game from any manufacturer to use Flash Lamps, which provide a temporary burst of flashing light intended primarily for the sake of its visual effect, in contrast to the usual playfield lamps that either provide constant general illumination or turn on and off only as indicators of specific playfield objectives or their point values. Designer Steve Ritchie comments:
    I "invented" background sound at Atari, but management wouldn't have it, so I asked Randy Pfeiffer to create a continuously cycling complex sound that increased in pitch and speed of cycling, and he did both. That changing background added a tension and excitement that was never present in earlier games. That sound also broadcasted how well the player was doing. If you heard the only game that made a background sound in an arcade at high pitch and a fast cycle, all eyes were on you, sometimes gathering a small crowd in those days.

The production run of this game was far higher than previous Williams games. Steve Ritchie comments:
    Towards the end of the run of Flash, I asked Jack Mittel, then-VP of sales, why we wouldn't try to push past the 20,000 unit mark. He replied, "We want to leave the market wanting."

#4091 5 months ago

$5,000 High Speed!!! Hmmmmmmmm, and why even mention HUO if it's only been the case since 2006? That means nothing compared to what it's life was before that. Probably doesn't even realize that he overpaid for it lol

ebay.com link

#4092 5 months ago

huntington.craigslist.org link

Here's a deal. You get two, TWO pinball games for $4500!

Wait. $4500 each.

Nitro Ground Shaker and Paragon.

Ok, wait.

Here's a deal. You get two, TWO pinball games for $9000!

#4093 5 months ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

Wait. $4500 each.
    Ok, wait.

Good grief, where are those prices coming from

#4094 5 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good grief, where are those prices coming from

Why, EBay of course!! The premier source for gauging pin value

#4095 5 months ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

Wait. $4500 each.
    Ok, wait.

the reply I got..

well I been though both of them many new parts the are 100 % I take $ 5800 for them if you want
    thanks any way you try to get them for what you said try in the shape there in
    see ya and thanks
    Kenny

#4096 5 months ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

the reply I got..
    well I been though both of them many new parts the are 100 % I take $ 5800 for them if you want
    thanks any way you try to get them for what you said try in the shape there in
    see ya and thanks
    Kenny

He will probably be sitting on them for a good while.

I just hope it doesn't end up being one of those ads that has been up for 2 years without budging on the price.

#4097 5 months ago

Check out the playfield though, nice custom job LOL

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/markham-york-region/rare-collectible-muhammad-ali-pinball-machine-by-stern/1241031688?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

RARE collectible Muhammad Ali Pinball Machine by Stern

Date Listed 19-May-17
    Price
    $2,000.00
    Address Vaughan, ON L4J0C2
    View map
    For Sale By Owner
    I am selling my 1980 Muhammad Ali Stern pinball machine. I have owned this since 1990.

Everything is working, recent tune up... new batteries, etc.

All original, back glass shows some cracking but not yet peeling. 7/10 condition

Some others selling:

ebay.com link » Muhammad Ali Pinball Machine By Stern Works Great In Good Condition

http://www.gamesroomcompany.com/store/ali-pinball-machine

No low ballers

Thanks.

ali1 (resized).JPG
    ali2 (resized).JPG

#4099 5 months ago

$4500 for a Kiss with faded cabinet, no slots for the Dollar Coin, and the displays don't work? OP says it works great.

#4100 5 months ago

There are 4869 posts in topic. You are on page 82 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.