5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,910 posts
  • 835 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,289 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E3D86D96-3789-476A-9FDB-254FC6B0CEBF (resized).jpeg
    CL1 (2) (resized).jpg
    wagon train (resized).jpg
    Pinballmachine (resized).png
    2A618F8D-EAAF-4800-AAB1-92DD4C2EC858 (resized).png
    PinballShark (resized).JPG
    JJP PoC (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.20.28 PM (resized).png
    2F3C666F-28E1-4AE1-AC6C-127FF5D7BEF9 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200112-234317__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-122632_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Poker (resized).png
    1D4A4CEC-033A-416D-87A7-44917CCC8C28 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.16.03 AM (resized).png
    1qi8cf (resized).jpg

There are 6910 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 139.
    #3951 2 years ago

This one just came through my email.

Capture (resized).PNG

#3952 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Anyone got any ideas on this one?
    chicago.craigslist.org link
    Sure, after you humiliate one repair person, someone should come over and diagnose your machine for free. Here is your free diagnosis, it doesn't work.

Probably just a fuse!

#3953 2 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Actually, it says $100 or "OBO" - that's not that bad for parts - really, the lockdown bar appears ok, that's $30-40 worth right there. No doubt there's quite a few odds & ends that are salvageable. I would offer the guy $25~30 for it.

I just texted him to get the lockdown bar, figuring I'd at least save that and could probably use it for my Olympics. He said he already sold it. Bummer. Someone else here got the same idea from your post. Who has it????

#3954 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

translation-- I broke the original tempered glass so I bought a cheap piece of plate glass that is slightly thicker and requires you to have someone help you cram it through the guides to get it up far enough to get the metal rail glass holder thingy locked in place

Ahh, thank you - my ability to understand 'idiot' has apparently be compromised of late. I blame lack of sleep.

#3955 2 years ago

Here's a Captain that is just too much Fantastic

columbus.craigslist.org link

#3956 2 years ago
    Quoted from EmLover1970:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link
    I'm sure everyone needs a 'Volcan' in their collection...

Comes with fresh gaskets though!

#3957 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apex:

Here's a Captain that is just too much Fantastic
    columbus.craigslist.org link

Dr. Scotts had two of them in Toledo last year. Both under $1700

#3958 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I just texted him to get the lockdown bar, figuring I'd at least save that and could probably use it for my Olympics. He said he already sold it. Bummer. Someone else here got the same idea from your post. Who has it????

Yeah, you can't just gloss over the junkers... there's always some stuff you can use.

#3959 2 years ago

Another great deal. Includes a topper! detroit.craigslist.org link

#3960 2 years ago

Great deal!

All 3 EM + 1 SS games just need to be dusted off after 18 years in storage.
    Pictures are up to date from June 2016.
    Comes with four legs each.
    NO scammers allowed "special edition".
    Needs no help, very experienced.

Ad.jpg

#3961 2 years ago

Doh.....

#3962 2 years ago

Sweet deal on a NASCAR. Better act fast.

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 1.27.16 AM (resized).png

#3963 2 years ago

One of the fugliest WH20s in the history of pinball IMHO.
    You have to spend over $1500 minimum to remove all the crap, and replace the mountain set.
    "Paying someone for extra pain."

Still on the market over a year later.

Ad2.jpg

#3964 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Another great deal. Includes a topper! detroit.craigslist.org link

"Cash only
    You have to move or pay for delivery "

for 10K they ought to deliver it!

#3965 2 years ago

raleigh.craigslist.org link

I guess the warranty costs $3000

#3966 2 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Great deal!
    All 3 EM + 1 SS games just need to be dusted off after 18 years in storage.
    Pictures are up to date from June 2016.
    Comes with four legs each.
    NO scammers allowed "special edition".
    Needs no help, very experienced.

Actually Eye of the Tiger very rare & collectible.

#3967 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Actually Eye of the Tiger very rare & collectible.

I need to clarify, because this requires additional explanation.
    This area is very subjective, mostly due to what a person actually collects in this hobby and for what reasons.

Eye of the Tiger in above average condition is $1350, not $$$, so let us just eliminate that particularity.
    If it was extremely collectible it would 3-4X this value.
    This means that at minimum this game is supposedly $1500 in value according to the ad, but there is little reference to condition since it has been sitting for 18 years?
    Do all owners buy games for above market values that do not work?
    The answer is no.
    A few do out of reasons, I will explain below.

Eye of the Tiger is certainly rare at approximately 950 produced over the SS version (Sinbad) which had 11K units.
    EM version is estimated at $1350, the SS version roughly $700, meaning roughly twice the value.
    The value has increased over the past 5 years.
    I do not know what people believe is "very rare" today, but most long time collectors generally do not consider games with more than 250 units rare, even if the game is over 40 years old.
    This game is the same category as many other period games that have similar production if not lower production numbers as GTB Bank Shot (730 units) of the Sure Shot version of roughly 3,800 units.

What is VERY RARE in terms of this title is the SS version of Sinbad with a METAL CABINET which had less than 10 units.
    Most people do not even know this game had this version exists.
    Perhaps this is what was implied?

There are multiple games produced during the 1960s and 1970s that have for example add a ball versions to avoid the conditional beliefs of gambling that have much lower production numbers including GTB, and are considered more rare, but still not more collectible.

This is not an EM Mata Hari, or another transition SS solid game in terms of design at low volume.
    It was a production game that early production was transitioned to SS technology.
    Therefore it is only collectible to those that prefer this period of game from GTB, unless this game is a transition prototype, which is not based on the ad based on assessment of photos.

That is the game history.

If a person believes spending a non-negotiable $6K price (as was clearly specified), for one potentially $1350 game in unknown, non-working condition is acceptable, go for it.
    From my experience, I can tell you that person is going to lose, because 9 out 10 times, the games are incomplete, if they have been storage for over nearly 20 years, not considering condition.

#3968 2 years ago

My actual thought process:

'Oh $4,000 for a DM and ID, that's a surprisingly reasonable deal!'

'Waaaaiiiit a minute... please don't tell me this seller is asking 4k PER machine.'

*clicks into ad*

'Yep, figures. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!'

harrisburg.craigslist.org link

#3969 2 years ago
    Quoted from Camvr2013:

'Waaaaiiiit a minute... please don't tell me this seller is asking 4k PER machine.'
    *clicks into ad*
    'Yep, figures. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!'
    harrisburg.craigslist.org link

He's got a habit to support.

#3970 2 years ago

I'm thinking $4k for both....

#3971 2 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

He's got a habit to support.

Well, he does live in Beavertown...

#3972 2 years ago

I need to clarify, because this requires additional explanation.
    This area is very subjective, mostly due to what a person actually collects in this hobby and for what reasons.
    Eye of the Tiger in above average condition is $1350, not $$$, so let us just eliminate that particularity.
    If it was extremely collectible it would 3-4X this value.
    This means that at minimum this game is supposedly $1500 in value according to the ad, but there is little reference to condition since it has been sitting for 18 years?
    Do all owners buy games for above market values that do not work?
    The answer is no.
    A few do out of reasons, I will explain below.
    Eye of the Tiger is certainly rare at approximately 950 produced over the SS version (Sinbad) which had 11K units.
    EM version is estimated at $1350, the SS version roughly $700, meaning roughly twice the value.
    The value has increased over the past 5 years.
    I do not know what people believe is "very rare" today, but most long time collectors generally do not consider games with more than 250 units rare, even if the game is over 40 years old.
    This game is the same category as many other period games that have similar production if not lower production numbers as GTB Bank Shot (730 units) of the Sure Shot version of roughly 3,800 units.
    What is VERY RARE in terms of this title is the SS version of Sinbad with a METAL CABINET which had less than 10 units.
    Most people do not even know this game had this version exists.
    Perhaps this is what was implied?
    There are multiple games produced during the 1960s and 1970s that have for example add a ball versions to avoid the conditional beliefs of gambling that have much lower production numbers including GTB, and are considered more rare, but still not more collectible.
    This is not an EM Mata Hari, or another transition SS solid game in terms of design at low volume.
    It was a production game that early production was transitioned to SS technology.
    Therefore it is only collectible to those that prefer this period of game from GTB, unless this game is a transition prototype, which is not based on the ad based on assessment of photos.
    That is the game history.
    If a person believes spending a non-negotiable $6K price (as was clearly specified), for one potentially $1350 game in unknown, non-working condition is acceptable, go for it.
    From my experience, I can tell you that person is going to lose, because 9 out 10 times, the games are incomplete, if they have been storage for over nearly 20 years, not considering condition.

Now for the condensed version, was merely stating that Eye of the Tiger is rare & collectible, which it is. But so is the EM version of Sinbad more collectible than the SS version of Sinbad.

#3973 2 years ago

I will make a historical data correction, as I have a new update on estimated production and values and some useful collector information:

Eye of the Tiger (2 Player, EM), 730 units, $1200
    Sinbad (4 Player, EM), 950 units, $1350
    Sinbad (4 Player, SS), 11K units, $700

What this means is currently Eye of the Tiger is worth less that the EM Sinbad version, and EotT prices dropped below the EM Sinbad version.
    Both EM games are still worth a little less than twice the SS version.

So why is a four player EM of the same game different than a two player EM with slightly different internals, reconfiguration, less parts, and a different backglass even though the production actually worth less money?
    Collector interest in this case.

All that this being pointed out in the update, is "Lower production does not necessarily make the game more valuable".
    It happens all the time.

What is most important is that an a potential buyers know the market, and the values of games based on trends and collectibility, not based on buyer estimates, which are normally bull$#!@ exclusively from online sources such as Ebay, and fudge things based on whatever they think they can get out of them. Even dealers "ride the wave" the same, but they are more apt to squat on titles until the right buyer comes along.

It a person wants something rare, nothing wrong with that.
    Be aware of other pitfalls dependent on titles such as PARTS and ASSEMBLIES, whether EM or SS.

I will give an example.

Right now, I am in the market to finish off my Ted Zale "zipper flipper" collection and continue to evaluate Nip-Its (Bally, 1973) for purchase.
    Many games I have evaluated simply do not measure up to the standards of prices that dealers want to sell them for overall.
    For this title for example, many games had their "Balligator" assemblies removed by operators as swap outs for games that were damaged or destroyed. They come up constantly, and this assembly is nearly impossible to find even in a parted out game.

I personally have no problem spending retail price (if I cannot get a game as an unrestored broker or warehouse deal), but only if the dealer provided a full shakedown of the restoration, based on the cosmetics of the game itself. This is equity. Some dealers are willing to work with collectors, and some are not. Some are inexperienced. Some are greedy. The best are know their trade and understand when a collector comes knocking they will ask questions and want photos. This last group is very small, and those that have been in the hobby for a long time know who they are.

If a dealer, owner or broker refuses to answer anything, walk away, unless you are close enough to personally inspect the game.
    In some cases they refuse this as well, which is a HUGE red flag, and happens more often during the "mom and pop" pinball dealers of market spikes.

#3974 2 years ago

Not sure if this is a laugh or not...also what's that in the background??

boston.craigslist.org link

#3976 2 years ago

Love the custom plastics over the drops, that adds some value right there...

#3977 2 years ago

OK LAST CHANCE!!
    miami.craigslist.org link
    This gem has been festering around on Miami craigslist for years. It was $7000 at some point and might have made it into this thread in the past. But now is your last chance to but it at $3500 before the price gets lowered some more.

#3978 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

OK LAST CHANCE!!
    miami.craigslist.org link

Clearly been years, picture date is 2015!
    OMG, I better act now!! What a steal.

#3979 2 years ago

$3000 for a Cue Ball Wizard, but it's worth $5-6000!

eastnc.craigslist.org link

Pinball machine in PERFECT condition. Everything on and about this game is 100%. This game in this good of shape is rare...game is worth $5-6000. Please contact me with any questions you have. Call text or email. Video of gameplay is available to be sent via text message if wanted.

#3980 2 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

$3000 for a Cue Ball Wizard, but it's worth $5-6000!
    eastnc.craigslist.org link
    Pinball machine in PERFECT condition. Everything on and about this game is 100%. This game in this good of shape is rare...game is worth $5-6000. Please contact me with any questions you have. Call text or email. Video of gameplay is available to be sent via text message if wanted.

What an idiot.... selling a 5 thousand dollar game for 3 grand.....

1 week later
    #3981 2 years ago

Let me add just one more LED...

To each their own I guess.

#3982 2 years ago

I have never seen a game so washed out by LEDs before

pasted_image (resized).jpeg

pasted_image (resized).png

#3983 2 years ago

oklahomacity.craigslist.org/vgm/6107337593

#3984 2 years ago

Well they do say "tons of led's" they must have weighed them before the install.

#3985 2 years ago

I'm thinking of adding this gem to the collection

Screenshot_2017-04-28-13-34-04 (resized).png

#3986 2 years ago

Fairly priced at least, hard to go wrong at $10

#3987 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Fairly priced at least, hard to go wrong at $10

I need a close up of the shooter lane.

#3988 2 years ago

I will make a historical data correction, as I have a new update on estimated production and values and some useful collector information:
    Eye of the Tiger (2 Player, EM), 730 units, $1200
    Sinbad (4 Player, EM), 950 units, $1350
    Sinbad (4 Player, SS), 11K units, $700
    What this means is currently Eye of the Tiger is worth less that the EM Sinbad version, and EotT prices dropped below the EM Sinbad version.
    Both EM games are still worth a little less than twice the SS version.
    So why is a four player EM of the same game different than a two player EM with slightly different internals, reconfiguration, less parts, and a different backglass even though the production actually worth less money?
    Collector interest in this case.
    All that this being pointed out in the update, is "Lower production does not necessarily make the game more valuable".
    It happens all the time.
    What is most important is that an a potential buyers know the market, and the values of games based on trends and collectibility, not based on buyer estimates, which are normally bull$#!@ exclusively from online sources such as Ebay, and fudge things based on whatever they think they can get out of them. Even dealers "ride the wave" the same, but they are more apt to squat on titles until the right buyer comes along.
    It a person wants something rare, nothing wrong with that.
    Be aware of other pitfalls dependent on titles such as PARTS and ASSEMBLIES, whether EM or SS.
    I will give an example.
    Right now, I am in the market to finish off my Ted Zale "zipper flipper" collection and continue to evaluate Nip-Its (Bally, 1973) for purchase.
    Many games I have evaluated simply do not measure up to the standards of prices that dealers want to sell them for overall.
    For this title for example, many games had their "Balligator" assemblies removed by operators as swap outs for games that were damaged or destroyed. They come up constantly, and this assembly is nearly impossible to find even in a parted out game.
    I personally have no problem spending retail price (if I cannot get a game as an unrestored broker or warehouse deal), but only if the dealer provided a full shakedown of the restoration, based on the cosmetics of the game itself. This is equity. Some dealers are willing to work with collectors, and some are not. Some are inexperienced. Some are greedy. The best are know their trade and understand when a collector comes knocking they will ask questions and want photos. This last group is very small, and those that have been in the hobby for a long time know who they are.
    If a dealer, owner or broker refuses to answer anything, walk away, unless you are close enough to personally inspect the game.
    In some cases they refuse this as well, which is a HUGE red flag, and happens more often during the "mom and pop" pinball dealers of market spikes.

I disagree. Eye Of The Tiger is more of a valuable collector piece and there are not many left. You use add-a-ball games as reference but every single one of them had a low production run (Stock Car being the lowest, not including the late 70's games when they were being phased out), not just Bank Shot. Eye Of The Tiger is not a single-player add-a-ball game and was only rare because it was run alongside of and made after both the solid-state and EM versions of Sinbad, as Gottlieb took the interesting approach to continue making EM games, and actually made/released them AFTER the solid-state versions of games for what I would assume was to let the new solid-state versions have the spotlight of first release.

#3989 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krh13:

Let me add just one more LED...
    To each their own I guess.

You're in luck, they've also got a RCT and South Park for sale.

IMG_5584 (resized).PNG

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jackpin/market/active

#3990 2 years ago

I saw the other machines as well but the T3 machine gave me double cataracts.

#3991 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon36:

You're in luck, they've also got a RCT and South Park for sale.

All that money spent on visual mods, but no Cliffy set on the South Park??

#3992 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I have never seen a game so washed out by LEDs before

It hurts just looking at the pictures let alone the real machine

#3993 2 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

All that money spent on visual mods, but no Cliffy set on the South Park??

What you seem to have overlooked is that it has a string of white leds to provide the cold winter Denver atmosphere.

#3994 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon36:

What you seem to have overlooked is that it has a string of white leds to provide the cold winter Denver atmosphere.

Yes....good point.

#3995 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krh13:

I saw the other machines as well but the T3 machine gave me double cataracts.

People always complain about the bland Stern art from that era--there's a solution for it.

#3996 2 years ago

Guy told me this was a "mint" machine and had just been redone. Notice anything wrong, missing???

houston.craigslist.org link

He relisted it after I asked a few questions, like turn it on...

IMG_0903 (resized).JPG

IMG_0904 (resized).JPG

IMG_0905 (resized).JPG

IMG_0906 (resized).JPG

IMG_0907 (resized).JPG

IMG_0908 (resized).JPG

IMG_0909 (resized).JPG

IMG_0910 (resized).JPG

IMG_0911 (resized).JPG

#3997 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Guy told me this was a "mint" machine and had just been redone. Notice anything wrong, missing???

$400 pin

#3998 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Well lol on it being 'mint', but playfield wear is minimal compared to the beater I have. That said it's a really fun machine and I think his asking price of $600 is fair if the game is in working order.

#3999 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Ok, I give up, what's missing? It's not mint, that's for sure.

#4000 2 years ago

kansascity.craigslist.org link

I've done my homework. Give me $300 and I'll take them.

There are 6910 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 139.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside