Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,873 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 minutes ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 178.
    #351 9 years ago

HERE'S A NEW IN BOX STERN Star Trek PRO PINBALL MACHINE!
    NOW WOULDN'T THIS BE NICE WRAPPED NEXT TO THE CHRISTMAS TREE
    THIS HOLIDAY SEASON?!
    THE PRICE IS FIRM, AND IS $300 LESS THAN YOU CAN BUY IT ELSEWHERE....
    AND THAT'S BEFORE TAX!
    I WILL DELIVER IN THE BOX, OR SET IT UP AND DELIVER IT. (EASY ASSEMBLY!)

Oh, yeah. Shout it from the rooftop in ALL CAPS and don't forget the exclamation points.

#352 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

I always thought that having your c/l post flagged was a bad thing. I was wrong. Normally you can only re-post your ad every 48 hours and it will go to the top of the listings. But lately some hater has been flagging my ad and it is like a fast pass to the top of the list. A quick copy/paste and my ad is back at the top of the list again. The more the ad gets flagged the more time I get at the top instead of buried down in the bottom of listings. Flagging = good

I'm pretty sure the more you get flagged the easier it is in the future to have your ads flagged and removed and then eventually your ads will be "ghosted" meaning that it looks like they're there but in reality nobody is seeing them.

Dave

#353 9 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

I'm pretty sure the more you get flagged the easier it is in the future to have your ads flagged and removed and then eventually your ads will be "ghosted" meaning that it looks like they're there but in reality nobody is seeing them.

I don't know about "ghosting" but 20+ flagged and removed and when I re-post, it still shows up at the top of the page.

#354 9 years ago

Here is a good one for you guys in the Columbus area.

Bed bug extermination, Roach extermination for trade
    columbus.craigslist.org link

#355 9 years ago

gulfport.craigslist.org link

8k South Park..

Good thing it's BRAN NEW, YA'LL.

#356 9 years ago

Not CL but still pretty funny...Mr pinball...Sorry if you are the seller but that price is high...

"Simpsons, 1990 Date East: $3,000
    Everything in great working order. Has some flaking paint on the sides which is why I'm asking $3000 and not $3500.

#357 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

I don't know about "ghosting" but 20+ flagged and removed and when I re-post, it still shows up at the top of the page.

If you're looking at craigslist from the place you posted (same IP) then you'll see it...that's what ghosting does. It makes it look like it's posted when in fact it isn't.

I suspect you won't be ghosted for a while, if ever. however, the more you post and the more you're flagged the less flags it takes to remove your ads. Pretty soon you'll be doing nothing but reposting and nobody will see your ads.

Dave

#358 9 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

Not CL but still pretty funny...Mr pinball...Sorry if you are the seller but that price is high...
    Everything in great working order. Has some flaking paint on the sides which is why I'm asking $3000 and not $3500.

Haha I saw this one too. Maybe they actually have a TSPP?

#359 9 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

If you're looking at craigslist from the place you posted (same IP) then you'll see it...that's what ghosting does. It makes it look like it's posted when in fact it isn't.
    I suspect you won't be ghosted for a while, if ever. however, the more you post and the more you're flagged the less flags it takes to remove your ads. Pretty soon you'll be doing nothing but reposting and nobody will see your ads.
    Dave

As I understand it, when "ghosted" and you post to C/L you get a URL in your confirmation email but your ad never makes it to the front page of C/L. Mine make it and are pretty much at the top all the time. I check with one of my families 4 iphones and I am there. And I am getting contacted through the ad. Perhaps in the future I may be ghosted. But right now flagging is my friend.

#360 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Haha I saw this one too. Maybe they actually have a TSPP?

Nope, it's definitely listed as a "Date East" machine. Not to be confused with the "Delta East" Simpsons in the TNT youtube video.

#361 9 years ago

I was looking through the Denver cl when I found the Novelty Taxidermy ad! Haha...um how does taxidermy have anything to do with pinball? Don't know but pinball is in the keyword section along with others like used car and restaurant equipment at the very bottom of the ad.
    denver.craigslist.org link

#362 9 years ago

That guy's in TX, he has shows up in ATL CL sometimes too.

#363 9 years ago

lancaster.craigslist.org link
    I guess that makes mine worth two thousand... if that's the case, it's for sale.

#364 9 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

or they don't know the difference between DE Simpsons and a Simpsons party pinball.

#365 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

" target="_blank">gulfport.craigslist.org link
    8k South Park..
    Good thing it's BRAN NEW, YA'LL.

And it's not even that great of a game! WOW...$8000! Where do people get these prices?

#366 9 years ago

hmmm, I'm going to have to email this bozo.....let him know his machine is RARE

greenville.craigslist.org link

#367 9 years ago
    Quoted from pardue:

Hey, it does have both ptery's

#368 9 years ago
    Quoted from pardue:

greenville.craigslist.org link

Ask him what's under the tarp....

#369 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

Yeah, are they planning on murdering someone in that spot after the machine is sold?

#370 9 years ago

Blue plastic tarp = classy!
    Also, machine must be spotless clean, since I think I see a bottle of windex on the floor............

#371 9 years ago

wow...look at these prices $7995.00 for a twd PRO!

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

www.gameroomgallery.com
    72088 North Shore
    Unit A
    Thousand Palms CA 92276

Time Warp Pinball $1770.00
    Capt. Fantastic Coming Soon
    PlayBoy Classic Pinball $9550
    South Park Pinball Machine $4995
    75th Anniversary Wizard of OZ Pinball $9875.00
    Walking Dead Pro $7995.00
    Space Jam $3370.00
    T3 Pinball Machine $3770.00
    Independence Day Pinball $2770.00
    Gilligan's Island Coming Soon
    Sopranos Coming Soon

#372 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Time Warp Pinball $1770.00

This one cracked me up too. Double what most would pay unless it's a very clean machine.

#373 9 years ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

$2000 EM game.... And there's issues... But MINT it sells for $2500!

#374 9 years ago

Does this one belong here?

I mean ,I laughed but the guy is being honest.

westernmass.craigslist.org link

#375 9 years ago

I think his price should be more like 100 or 150 but he's actually not that bad.

#376 9 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Does this one belong here?
    I mean ,I laughed but the guy is being honest.
    westernmass.craigslist.org link

What exactly is he charging $300 for here? It's a pile of "disassembled", "discolored", "crazed", "mouse infested" parts. Around here, that's called "garbage".

#377 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

wow...look at these prices $7995.00 for a twd PRO!

And on top of it, that D-bag posted in every city for 500 miles...

#378 9 years ago

Yeah, I think overall the pinside crew recognize the guys that keep posting overpriced pins again and again. I try to watch for the same bad sellers from my area and refuse to buy anything from them. Eventually they will burn out CL and be forced to peddle their "windex wipedown" pins on Ebay.
    (I quoted Aurich on the "windex wipedown" comment, he said it once before and it craked me up so I use it sometimes. It's sooooo fitting)

#379 9 years ago

How many flags does it take to remove the listing as spam? Aren't you only supposed to post in one area at a time?

#380 9 years ago

I just ran across this beauty...instead of linking it, I'll just put the text of the ad:

Unique cocktail pinball.Fully electronic.Gottlieb produced:"NIGHT MOVES".GOTTLIEB was a premium pinball manufacturer; from 1927-1996.Extremely"RARE"!Made in 1989*ONLY.* Includes original advertising and owner manuals.Great*COLLECTOR*for the cave,or rec-room. Use as a money machine;or keep as an appreciating collectible.(Pricing in the thousands), is based on rarity and condition.As this is *NOT* a must-sell situation;terms and conditions are available.View in person;prior to sale.Highest personally*ACCEPTABLE*offer;takes it home.

It has the all the hallmarks of a perfectly written ad. It includes words like "rare" and "collectible". It builds the hype by implying that this is worth "thousands" and will continue to appreciate. Finally, you have the "I don't need to sell it but if you make me a ridiculous offer, I will"...All it needs is a special bonus offer for calling within the next 10 minutes and an 800 number and he'd be all set.

Dave

#381 9 years ago

Here's one for you from the Utah's version of Craigslist.

Gottlieb Flying Chariots Pinball Machine $3000
    Roy, UT 84067 | Nov 15, 2014
    Add to Favorites »

This is a rare Gottlieb Flying Chariots pinball machine built in 1963. The art work on this machine is in great condition. The interior has had all of the rubber rings replaced however the electronics need a lot of work. I always thought I would find the time to work on this beautiful machine but I haven't been able to and the wife said it is time for it to go. This is a fantastic antique pinball machine. I hate to let it go but this machine deserves to be fixed and used.90762-1416112094-206015.jpg90762-1416112094-206015.jpg

#382 9 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

I just ran across this beauty...instead of linking it, I'll just put the text of the ad:
    Unique cocktail pinball.Fully electronic.Gottlieb produced:"NIGHT MOVES".GOTTLIEB was a premium pinball manufacturer; from 1927-1996.Extremely"RARE"!Made in 1989*ONLY.* Includes original advertising and owner manuals.Great*COLLECTOR*for the cave,or rec-room. Use as a money machine;or keep as an appreciating collectible.(Pricing in the thousands), is based on rarity and condition.As this is *NOT* a must-sell situation;terms and conditions are available.View in person;prior to sale.Highest personally*ACCEPTABLE*offer;takes it home.
    It has the all the hallmarks of a perfectly written ad. It includes words like "rare" and "collectible". It builds the hype by implying that this is worth "thousands" and will continue to appreciate. Finally, you have the "I don't need to sell it but if you make me a ridiculous offer, I will"...All it needs is a special bonus offer for calling within the next 10 minutes and an 800 number and he'd be all set.
    Dave

I saw this ad too and want to offer something like $198 and watch the insulting e-mail(s) fly.

#383 9 years ago

Beer cans on top of unassembled pins for the win !!!! Thank you for your applause.

atlanta.craigslist.org link

#384 9 years ago

jacksonville.craigslist.org link

Up For sale is a Ballys professional home edition pin ball machine,1- 4 players , rare to find this unit in working order , this pin is in near perfect condition. all light and bumpers work and look new .. playfield is excellent. I seen non working units for $750 and up. mine WORKS and looks great , fun for the whole family ! or as a collectors item. recent service by a professional .. set for free play .$600.00 obo

#385 9 years ago
    Quoted from pardue:

Beer cans on top of unassembled pins for the win !!!! Thank you for your applause.
    atlanta.craigslist.org link

"I have had both of these machines operational"
    Yeah, then you just took them both completely apart for no reason..........................

#387 9 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

reading.craigslist.org link

He shows a picture of the flyer, but real pics of this "Double Wide" (like a trailer?) need to be requested.

Post edited by Ring-Them-Bells

Post edited by Ring-Them-Bells: sp

#389 9 years ago

bham.craigslist.org link

We get a lot of this kind of thing down in Alabama. It's like a pin desert, but even then even a crazy person wouldn't pay that much for this machine.

#390 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

" target="_blank">portland.craigslist.org link
    Awesome Star Wars theme... lol
    -mof

close enough...

#391 9 years ago

Believe it or not, after telling him that his price was too low, he TOLD me what's under the tarp.
    Video games ! Even had a price list (again, priced way too low) LOLZ !!!

#392 9 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

How many flags does it take to remove the listing as spam?

I often wondered this too.

#393 9 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

I often wondered this too.

My ad has been flagged and removed 23 times, but I don't know how many times it was actually flagged prior to removal.

#394 9 years ago

Used the magic word...E B A Y. Also a quick look at Boston Pinball says 1700 was the max so not sure on 3k.... still I want it....just not for $900

#395 9 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Used the magic word...E B A Y.

Got to love when people say," My FT is damaged, broken, not working, cabinet is terribly faded but I want serious buyers to pay me $2400 because that is what they are selling for on Ebay!" No ma'am or sir. Fully functioning, good looking FT pins are selling for that much. And if it's so easy to fix the pin then why didn't you do it before you put it up for sell?!

#396 9 years ago

So this guy has been trying to trade an oriental rug for a pinball for a long time and somehow he kept getting flagged and removed. For the last month or so his postings have had a rant against the "hater" that was constantly flagging him. Looks like he went off the deep end today. This link is not for kids and the language is harsh yet kinda funny at the same time.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#397 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

So this guy has been trying to trade an oriental rug for a pinball for a long time and somehow he kept getting flagged and removed. For the last month or so his postings have had a rant against the "hater" that was constantly flagging him. Looks like he went off the deep end today. This link is not for kids and the language is harsh yet kinda funny at the same time.

ohhhh no! The Mockie curse. hahaha that's great

#398 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Guess he's sick of tying the room together.

#399 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

That's hilarious. I hope you don't mind if I copy a censored version here for posterity:

Keep Flagging Me you __, __, Spineless, Disgrace for a Human Being!
    Nothing better to do that self impose your hate on people and their ads on CL
    Hope you get Stomach Cancer and Die
    We Have Put a Portuguese Curse on you.. The Mockie
    You are going to have a very Bad Year!

FYI:
    Every time you flag me it is one day added to a year of hell!

#400 9 years ago

ventura.craigslist.org link

Vintage SANKYO pachinko machine......only $3800 dollars!

There are 8,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.