Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 178.
    #3851 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinden007:

I was considering offering $200 since it didn't look too bad. I have no idea how to fix anything that could be wrong with it but it's the game I had when I was 12.
    annapolis.craigslist.org link
    Thoughts?

$200 max for a nonworking EM

#3852 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinden007:

I was considering offering $200 since it didn't look too bad. I have no idea how to fix anything that could be wrong with it but it's the game I had when I was 12.
    Thoughts?

That's Coin-Op Warehouse. A few of us live nearby that can go take a look, if needed. The fact that it didn't sell on their Facebook page, and they put it on CL means that you can probably get away with offering (a lot) less.

#3853 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinden007:

Thoughts?

*looks* in good condition, though the PF is behind some glass with glare, and far away. Not knowing how to bring it back to life might be a dealbreaker for you at any price though, unless you're willing to pick at it for a year while you learn.

#3854 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

*looks* in good condition, though the PF is behind some glass with glare, and far away. Not knowing how to bring it back to life might be a dealbreaker for you at any price though, unless you're willing to pick at it for a year while you learn.

Yea. Maybe I should focus on working ones. lol

It's further away then I thought too. For some reason I was thinking north of Towson - about an hour.

If they just wanted to free up the space and for $50 or $100, though...

#3855 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinden007:

How can anyone make a decision if they don't know what AS-IS is.

"If a seller is states that they are not sure if a pinball machine works properly, that means 9 out of 10 times in the case of the machine, it does not work, or at least not 100%."

" The term, AS IS, as applied by a proper seller is a standard invoice procedure, AS IS by flipper, means they they are trying to abdicate all responsibility, and immediately show ignorance of technical aspects of pinball"

- TBK

Get used to it.
    You or another inspect the machine, if you are interested make an offer, and negotiate, if not, walk away.
    Probably more than half of all deals made in this hobby are "AS IS" machines, in fact, those are normally the best ones.
    I only negotiate, if it is worth negotiating, not just if it is overpriced.
    Owners should think outside the box, because NIB sales were not always the norm, and are will return to previous levels within 2-3 years.

#3856 7 years ago

This one makes it really easy to decide:
    ebay.com link: pinball machine

It's a Simpson playfield, but supposedly 60s pinball machine. Let's make a poll on what this could be.

#3857 7 years ago

That's bizarre. No pics of the machine and no name....

#3858 7 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine
    It's a Simpson playfield, but supposedly 60s pinball machine. Let's make a poll on what this could be.

An april fool's joke?

#3859 7 years ago

Hahahaha! Man... how are some people so dumb when it comes to selling things?

It's like this interaction I had with a CL seller a couple of weeks ago. I'll spare the details of the game in case it's a Pinsider, but the ad was just the name of the game with zero pics and no description. The exchange was basically this:

Me: Hi there. Is the ___ machine still available? I'm very interested.
    Seller: Yes.
    Me: Sweet! Do you have any pics you could text/email me? Here's my contact info: ____.
    Seller: Yes.
    Me: Thanks! I look forward to checking it out.

That was it for like a week, and then I finally got a text out of the blue with some pics, and the game looked rough. The condition combined with the terrible communication turned me off completely. I didn't even bother responding... though I was tempted to just write "No."

#3860 7 years ago

The game title is "Mystery Box" pinball.
    Happens all the time on CL, sometimes without any photos.

#3861 7 years ago

Hmm. EBay doesn't have a reporting method for 'Image clearly not the thing being sold'.

Ahh. That Image isn't his (well, it's unlikely. TinEye.com finds it many places, but this one http://rocket9.net/ both looks like it isn't just an aggregation of cool pictures, AND claims that everything on the site (not very much) is the site owner's own photos. So, probably the source.

Now, the owner of the picture can report the doofus for stealing the image. Sadly, I don't see any way that we can do so.

You know, I get that EBay doesn't want to investigate 10 million claims from every moron in the galaxy, but it really would be nice if they had a way for users to report obviously fraudulent listings.

#3862 7 years ago

sanantonio.craigslist.org link
    $3000 for a 1972 Nip It partially covered in brown vinyl. Game weighs about 800 pounds and takes four people to load it in a truck.

#3863 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

$3000 for a 1972 Nip It partially covered in brown vinyl. Game weighs about 800 pounds and takes four people to load it in a truck.

Must have some bodies in it to be that heavy.

#3864 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The vinyl comes off. It looks to be in good shape. And at 800 pounds, there's $10k worth of quarters in it, so you'll come out ahead.

#3865 7 years ago

newyork.craigslist.org link

Screenshot_2017-04-03-06-05-14-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-04-03-06-05-14-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-04-03-06-05-20-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-04-03-06-05-20-1 (resized).png00d0d_1lbAIvnQTKg_1200x900 (resized).jpg00d0d_1lbAIvnQTKg_1200x900 (resized).jpg00g0g_aRqy6lnXQuW_1200x900 (resized).jpg00g0g_aRqy6lnXQuW_1200x900 (resized).jpg

The last photo is inside the silverball museum with that backglass photoshopped into it.

And a story:

http://wingerpinball.weebly.com

#3866 7 years ago

Best April Fools Day joke ever. Gotta appreciate the storyline.

#3867 7 years ago

Fake auctions are on the rise again folks, well beyond sources of CL, Mr. Pinball, and many other sources trying to cash in on the current "pinball craze". I am not talking about people pleading their case for cheap pinball machines due to cancer, anniversary, or their dying children either. I have been watching quite closely lately.

Silverball Mania Backglass - Ebay
    https://goo.gl/7etjLU

There are multiple problems here with this example auction.

This one was reported, which was a new bogus seller, using a paper drawing scan of the backglass from another internet source.
    Not representative of the item being sold, or the item at all, which is not allowed on Ebay.

This is news to me that there were Silverball Manias in existence in 1976, two years before the concept project was started in 1978.
    The game did not start production until 1980 by Bally.

You cannot ship a backglass for $13, unless it is a mistake, ship it as a broken bag of glass diamonds, or they are a #! $@ing geniuses.
    I have not figured the last way out in nearly 30 years.

It was also pretty impressive it was one his father's wall without some type of frame.

Watch your backs, as people are getting burned, and make sure you are covered by Ebay money back guarantee, if you like to take stupid risks, want to submit reimbursement claims, and waste your time.

#3868 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Silverball Mania Backglass - Ebay
    https://goo.gl/7etjLU
    There are multiple problems here with this example auction.
    This one was reported, which was a new bogus seller, using a paper drawing scan of the backglass from another internet source.
    Not representative of the item being sold, or the item at all, which is not allowed on Ebay.
    This is news to me that there were Silverball Manias in existence in 1976, two years before the concept project was started in 1978.
    The game did not start production until 1980 by Bally.

This auction is live again. Same fake seller

#3869 7 years ago

Funny response to one of the several WTB pinball ads that surface on craigslist in my area:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3870 7 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This auction is live again. Same fake seller
    Look at this on eBay ebay.com link

Whoops - Scribbles, the link you posted is to a (valid-looking) auction from a user with over 4K rep.

The one you meant to link to is:
    ebay.com link: Bally SilverBall Mania Pinball Backglass From 1976 looks cool on any wall

#3871 7 years ago

kansascity.craigslist.org link

Pinball wanted - I will lowball the shit outta you

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map)

looking for attack from mars twilight zone addams family tron ghostbusters monster bash will pay 500 dollers

#3872 7 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

kansascity.craigslist.org link
    © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map)
    looking for attack from mars twilight zone addams family tron ghostbusters monster bash will pay 500 dollers

At least he's giving numbers up front so he can be ignored more quickly. That's a plus.

#3873 7 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

This is a joke response to the "Paying Top Doller for Pinball Machines" ad that periodically resurfaces on KC CL. You'll also find "Paying Medium Doller" and "Paying Toppest Doller" as other responses.

#3874 7 years ago
    Quoted from mhkohne:

Whoops - Scribbles, the link you posted is to a (valid-looking) auction from a user with over 4K rep.
    The one you meant to link to is:
    ebay.com link » Bally Silverball Mania Pinball Backglass From 1976 Looks Cool On Any Wall

Oops, I sure did.... crap....lol

#3876 7 years ago

I'm not sure I'd quite consider that one a laugh. It's a bit on the high side, but I've seen shopped/restored SFII's in the low $1k range. Granted, the photo doesn't show much to be able to tell what shape it's in.

#3877 7 years ago

I sold my SF2 2 years ago for 1500, and my cab looked worse than that pic...

#3878 7 years ago

Here's a good one. $1500 for this EM. Where do people get these prices? To me that would be a $450 game if it was in decent working condition. Crazy the prices people ask for. I wonder if for that price I get the flower pot and plant on top of the machine.

richmond.craigslist.org link

#3879 7 years ago

Too many $1,500 EMs around here to post or even be funny any more.

#3880 7 years ago

This seems a little on the high side.

buffalo.craigslist.org link

#3881 7 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Here's a good one. $1500 for this EM. Where do people get these prices? To me that would be a $450 game if it was in decent working condition. Crazy the prices people ask for. I wonder if for that price I get the flower pot and plant on top of the machine.
    richmond.craigslist.org link

Well, that's actually a reasonably desirable pin, so it's not as far off as you would think. It's hard to find one of those under $1k.

#3882 7 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

This seems a little on the high side.
    buffalo.craigslist.org link

Yup, $6k for a Bally Kiss is way out there.

#3883 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup, $6k for a Bally Kiss is way out there.

Well if you are looking for a better deal there is this one. It might be the same machine as I can only find in on my phone. Crazy prices.

Kiss Pinball (resized).PNGKiss Pinball (resized).PNG

#3884 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, that's actually a reasonably desirable pin, so it's not as far off as you would think. It's hard to find one of those under $1k.

Odd, I wonder why, is it a super fun game or something? maybe I need to take a second look

#3885 7 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Odd, I wonder why, is it a super fun game or something? maybe I need to take a second look

Target Alpha is a classic - it's like the High Speed II of the EM world.

If it's restored, in perfect working order and in good cosmetic shape with little to no flaking on the back glass, $1500 might be a fair price to a collector.

#3886 7 years ago

Hard to find a fun EM under $900 anymore
    They are more popular now because of the crazy high prices for a SS ore a DMD pin.

#3887 7 years ago

I think people have also seen the recent articles in the news on Pinball "resurgence" and jump to the conclusion every machine is worth thousands! I still like negotiating with folks who say they see them on Ebay all the time... they know what the machine is worth, but they only look at the "Buy it Now" price NOT what machines have actually sold for!
    It's fun bursting their bubbles.

#3888 7 years ago

This one is so odd. Touch a pecker for an HH?

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#3889 7 years ago

A reverse image search shows that the image was stolen from elsewhere.

#3890 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

This one is so odd. Touch a pecker for an HH?
    philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Well, you could pick up a fine street girl for a few bucks and bring her along to play pecker wrecker. And there you go, you have yourself a HH!

#3891 7 years ago

touch his pecker on Nutt road?

pass.

#3892 7 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

touch his pecker on Nutt road?
    pass.

Hah, didn't even see the road name.

So...is that a hard pass?

#3893 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Hah, didn't even see the road name.
    So...is that a hard pass?

the hardest of passes.

#3894 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I think people have also seen the recent articles in the news on Pinball "resurgence" and jump to the conclusion every machine is worth thousands! I still like negotiating with folks who say they see them on Ebay all the time... they know what the machine is worth, but they only look at the "Buy it Now" price NOT what machines have actually sold for!
    It's fun bursting their bubbles.

Correct. There was also an article yesterday on Bloomberg regarding the resurgence of Barcades (craft beer / custom cocktails, video games, and pinball machines).

#3895 7 years ago

losangeles.craigslist.org link
    Not really funny, just wanted to see if its just me or does the LED lighting on this game look awful?
    Sorry to the seller if he is a member here, but tone it down a bit...

taxi (resized).jpgtaxi (resized).jpg

#3896 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not really funny, just wanted to see if its just me or does the LED lighting on this game look awful?

LEDs don't always photograph well so it's hard to say.

#3897 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

In the seller's defense, I can see 3 and almost 4 joyride lights lit up on the backbox. I think this means it was a long exposure, which means the light exposed in the image would be 3-4 times brighter than you're going to see with your eye. So it's probably not so gouging up close.

#3898 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I think he could have used a little more blue....

#3899 7 years ago

Good humor here. Again, I think too much 'pickers' and 'pawn" watching. Cut the price in half and its still a little high.

ebay.com link: FREE 3 Gottlieb Pinball 5 Williams Pinballs and AMI Jukebox

#3900 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

LEDs don't always photograph well so it's hard to say.

Quoted from EvanDickson:

In the seller's defense, I can see 3 and almost 4 joyride lights lit up on the backbox. I think this means it was a long exposure, which means the light exposed in the image would be 3-4 times brighter than you're going to see with your eye. So it's probably not so gouging up close.

probably right, I just looked back at my LAH photos and it really looks color bombed in the pics but not in person...carry on

There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/78?hl=spg101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.