New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 99830)

More Craigslist laughs.

By wayout440

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,633 posts
  • 913 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by JustEverett
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,509 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    EightballBackglass (resized).png
    skeeball (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20201201-192132_Facebook (resized).jpg
    E4268635-FF95-482E-9060-16DBF44C9916 (resized).png
    Bally Black Jack (resized).png
    Met Pro (resized).png
    ACDC (resized).png
    6579EAD6-6E00-4674-9B50-EBB95EEFED00 (resized).jpeg
    5AE17BB4-0E0A-44AE-AB77-54E5658D60FF (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).PNG

There are 7633 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 153.
    #3751 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Blackout pinball game. Manufactured by Williams in the 80's. 4 player. Audio. Xlnt condition.
    Plays well. Reconditioned. Coin op bypassed. $875. Call / Text / E-mail

They should have painted the cab black...at least it would make more sense. Now it seems more like a brown out than black out. Brown out...lol...maybe the pin was restored in the early 2000's, like 2002.

#3752 3 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

RARE Original Flyer for AMH:
    $99
    ebay.com link » Spooky Americas Most Haunted Original Flipper Game Pinball Machine Flyer Rare
    h/t: Spooky's Facebook

You know, I've bought one or two things from that guy before. Seemed like a perfectly rational person, so I'm not sure where he got the idea that flyer was worth big money.

I wonder if it's a moron trap?

#3753 3 years ago

northernwi.craigslist.org link

$3900 for a Gorgar. Remember folks "Collectors Item".

#3754 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Hah. If it works, drop the 3. If it doesn't work (not turned on in pic, so probably the case), drop the 9.

#3755 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Quoted from EvanDickson:

Hah. If it works, drop the 3. If it doesn't work (not turned on in pic, so probably the case), drop the 9.

Did you guys miss the part where not only does the machine talk, but it's the first talking pinball ever? Your loss, I just threw an offer for $4500 so I don't have to deal with all the people in line ahead of me. muahahahaha

#3756 3 years ago

Here's a good one on ebay. Somebody buy this "wonderful" game in "great" condition!

ebay.com link » High Speed Pinball Machine

#3757 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Here's a good one on ebay. Somebody buy this "wonderful" game in "great" condition!

No, actually its working and is in working condition! Apparently those are two completely different things. lol He maxes out the allowable number of pics, not a single one shows the machine actually working. I'm sold

#3758 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Got to love those dumb-ass listings where the person doesn't even clean the glass before taking the pictures.

#3759 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Whoa with a Buy it Now of only $8,000, this pin is a steal, and from a seller with NO FEEDBACK too, I'm confident this is worth my "cash money", I'm going to give the guy my checking account number now!!

#3760 3 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

That's a good one and about right.

#3761 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Whoa with a Buy it Now of only $8,000, this pin is a steal, and from a seller with NO FEEDBACK!

Wow I totally missed that

#3762 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Did you guys miss the part where not only does the machine talk, but it's the first talking pinball ever? Your loss, I just threw an offer for $4500 so I don't have to deal with all the people in line ahead of me. muahahahaha

It's got a modified sound chip that can say "Gorgar...too...much...money" and "Me...Gorgar...you...sucker".

#3763 3 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

$2K for that crap? About $1800 too high

#3764 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

$2K for that crap? About $1800 too high

But it has NOS banana flippers

#3765 3 years ago

Here's another knee slapper.

#3766 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Here's another knee slapper.

That would probably go nicely right next to the infamous $100K Back to the Future.

#3767 3 years ago

did you see who the seller is? lol

#3768 3 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

did you see who the seller is? lol

fattrain11 Sacramento, California

#3769 3 years ago

If you follow Chicago CL you will understand.

#3770 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

LOL, that ad is just perfect.

#3771 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have only been following the Chicago circus for a few months...some of the best posts I have read. The awards were classic...

#3772 3 years ago

Wow....great price for this home version.
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

#3773 3 years ago

Custom, simplistic, minimalistic cabinet paint job

tulsa.craigslist.org link

#3774 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Oh man, that's so sad.

#3775 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

And a bad player 4 display too!

#3776 3 years ago

What a steal:
    ebay.com link » Star Wars Pinball Machine Leds Huo

#3778 3 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

What a steal:

from the ad:
    “THIS IS A SUPER RARE HOME USE ONLY MACHINE NEVER BEEN ON A COMMERICAL LOCATION 1 OWNER PINBALL ”

Yet: Shows pictures of machine on location

=Priceless

#3779 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

from the ad:
    “THIS IS A SUPER RARE HOME USE ONLY MACHINE NEVER BEEN ON A COMMERICAL LOCATION 1 OWNER PINBALL ”
    =Priceless

Location is a showroom!! They're a retail shop.

#3780 3 years ago

What a steal:

Shipping is also insane. I don't think they want anyone to buy it. It's probably just a way to advertise their business on ebay without having to pay the ebay commission on sale. Someone sees the ad, calls them, and they arrange a sale for $4k or $5k or whatever the real retail price for a very nice DESW is. And if someone DOES happen to buy it? Groovy, baby!

#3781 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Location is a showroom!! They're a retail shop.

I stand corrected. Thank you Poppapin.

You have to admit on first glance with the awful purple paint and neon lights in the pictures it looks like a cheesy arcade / family fun center.

#3782 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

I stand corrected. Thank you Poppapin.
    You have to admit on first glance with the awful purple paint and neon lights in the pictures it looks like a cheesy arcade / family fun center.

Looked at ad again & couldn't believe the price!! WTF Then looked at pics & saw chip on head, sure it's HUO.

#3783 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

from the ad:
    =Priceless

Hey, it's all in caps so it must be legit.

#3784 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Looked at ad again & couldn't believe the price!! WTF Then looked at pics & saw chip on head, sure it's HUO.

I swear that back has been repainted

#3785 3 years ago
    #3786 3 years ago

What a steal:

No surprise here if you know who the seller is

#3787 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

from the ad:
    =Priceless

Those pictures are of his retail showroom

#3788 3 years ago

Choo Choo has been advertising through EBay like this for years. The copied the GRC methodology for sales. Even their warehouse sales are outrageous.

#3789 3 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Choo Choo has been advertising through EBay like this for years. The copied the GRC methodology for sales. Even their warehouse sales are outrageous.

I've purchased from Choo Choo. They're prices are negotiable and I got a fair deal. But it was interesting dealing with Dale nonetheless. Lesson learned was to be paitient and wait to purchase from a pinsider.

#3790 3 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

I've purchased from Choo Choo. They're prices are negotiable and I got a fair deal. But it was interesting dealing with Dale nonetheless. Lesson learned was to be paitient and wait to purchase from a pinsider.

Lets take a moment here to reflect on what has been happening in 2017.
    This will help people understand things in a bigger scope.

Choo Choo prices are not negotiable on everything, it depends on the title and the age of the game.
    If Dale believes the title is worth 3-4X the value, he will not budge.
    The methodology I mentioned is not opinionated, I am providing observations as I watched the Ebay while evaluating market conditions and how things work in this hobby.

There are "marketeers", speculators, dealers, and brokers not considering any person that is a collector, owner, or private restorer.
    The last type are not going to be considered here, nor HEP sources either, as they are specialized.
    Therefore, as I describe, this has nothing to do with private individuals looking to make maximum profit off a game on pure CL ads.

A "marketeer" (a play on words of "musketeer") is a person who lists prices that follow trends and doubles or triples costs on typical selling locations. Many are informed, so this is not an accidental afterthought by any means. This type of person spikes during the "good times".

A speculator is a person who buys a game as low as possible, and then turns and flips the game with no intention of keeping the game, as soon as they can. Once again, this does not consider private owners sitting on NIB games for years, those fall into the category of "marketeer" collectors. Speculators always exist, and also are known simply as "flippers".

This applies to both new and used games.

A dealer is a seller who exclusively sells games for business profit as a lifestyle, and if they are good, they know how to properly restore games, in order to continue to have repeat customers, which is critical in this hobby, especially when the market stalls.
    This is also how they acquire more inventory stock more easily.
    The most successful have been in the business for over 20-30 years, and there are not that many left now (less than a two dozen in the world).
    Collectors continue to buy games during stalls, new owners sell, enthusiasts do not, and operators rarely buy restored games from dealers, they buy from distributors, under the same pretense has the dealers themselves, meaning inventory stock, sometimes with trades between them.
    This is exceptionally important, if an enthusiast wants to know "when to buy, and when to sell" if you know what you are looking at with collector glasses.

A broker is a turn key seller, selling stock at whatever price they believe it can pass, but provide minimal restoration efforts, sometimes incorrectly or taking shortcuts, if they can get away with it. This also is where the "mom and pop" stores get generated during periods of resurgence, which for the time being remains active.

Some operators subsidize into these categories as well, when they dump their old games.

Choo Choo is classified as a broker, meaning if it does not sell it squats in their warehouse because it does not sell, it does not really matter. They recently conducted warehouse auctions again under the same pretense. They would welcome the opportunity to buy quality games from owners, and provide pennies on the dollar, in order to sell them back at increased prices on Ebay or their website.

If owner wants to know when the market "bubble bursts" (which I do not use these words anyway), watch the NIB sales.
    Sales continue to be dropping, as extended games remain unsold, foreign markets cannot afford the games, and operators outright refuse to buy except in mecha regions, with the exception of a handful of titles, and the "special editions" which are going to home owners.

Stern is being untruthful when they state "more than 50% of their games are going overseas", as the buyers are in the USA.
    This is marketING not the markET.

For manufacturers that are building less than 300 games per year, it remains inconsequential for the time being as these are directed to the home market, but eventually are impacted and will close in time.
    More and more games are coming up for sale now in the market as far as choices (from every source, and is a positive), competing against new releases, particularly older titles as every category of people are trying to "cash in" on the pinball craze.
    Dealer prices are currently through the roof, as some simply cannot find games to add to their inventory stock, and must continue to make a profit somehow, coupled with their own greed.

The saddest part of the negative side of a surge is not that prices are affected, but the eventually it is the greed that catches up to those that participated and market implodes upon itself, as more and more games just sit in the mud.
    The "mom and pop" shops close, a few manufacturers remain, and then the whole cycle starts over again in 5-15 years.

If people are curious to know "who owns pinball machines" here is a snapshot of the past 90 days of game serial number submissions at IPSND.
    71% of all submissions were from the USA.
    North America simply has the largest number of collectors, brokers, "marketeers", and dealers in the world.
    This has not changed significantly since the 1980s.
    Not particularly a huge revelation if you understand the market, but has incredible relevance to sale prices.

Serials (resized).png

#3791 3 years ago

They know it doesn't even work!

#3792 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

at least they went the extra mile and claimed that it "might" be a circuit board, rather than a fuse

#3793 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I like how they took photos of a computer monitor that was displaying the game photos, and then posted those to craigslist, instead of just uploading the original photos.

#3794 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

"Must sacrifice" the ad says. Yes, please do....throw it into a volcano to appease the gods.

#3795 3 years ago

gulfport.craigslist.org link

RARE Mortal Kombat "table top pinball", batteries included!

#3797 3 years ago

Classic using the Gramdma card

#3799 3 years ago

I think that's a photo of Ellen Sharpe, Roger's wife and a pinball champ herself.

#3800 3 years ago

Is she a pinball buyer and in Tampa or is someone taking advantage of her pics to get some games?

There are 7633 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 153.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside