Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,860 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Foxxstone_80
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 178.
    #3701 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I think the pic is foreign. Check out those outlets.

Good eye. Looks like the image was pulled from here:

http://www.indeks.ba/preduzece/Prodaja_FLIPERA.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3702 7 years ago

I wonder if she's giving away the Foos ball table too!

#3703 7 years ago

How about a Gae of Thrones for $7?
    raleigh.craigslist.org link

#3704 7 years ago
    Quoted from Catalyze:

How about a Gae of Thrones for $7?
    raleigh.craigslist.org link

Lol...thats that happilymarried05 guy, or whatever his name is

#3705 7 years ago

"Riding the pinball market tidal wave."

This early bagatelle style was built in 1939, not 1942.
    One of the first games to actually start having a 'backglass', score reels (well not exactly if you understand the history), and a knocker.
    No legitimate pricing information, if you understand these very early EMs.
    Actual value is less than $450, as this is not even the same category as a collectible wood rail.
    Asking price is over 6X the market value.

A couple additional photos included of what you get for the electrics for $3000.
    The game does not work.
    I hope the buyer understands very basic electrical connections, as it would not be entirely the hard to fix, once you actually clean the game.
    Score reels might turn to dust when they starting turning though...(paper joke inserted)

More games to follow.
    Things are getting really stupid in the PNW.
    Why do I care?
    Read the next post to understand.
    This is not exclusive regarding pricing.

Bally Royal (resized).jpgBally Royal (resized).jpg
    00F0F_1A6A93yw4DR_1200x900 (resized).jpg00F0F_1A6A93yw4DR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    00L0L_7YwqRE9yVVm_1200x900 (resized).jpg00L0L_7YwqRE9yVVm_1200x900 (resized).jpg

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

#3706 7 years ago

"Continuing the pinball market insanity."

This is actually a fairly rare unique 1964 game now, as it the original "mini golf" game developed by Williams.
    Classified in the pitch and bat category.
    It is succeeded by the electronic version many years later by Bromley's Little Pro.
    HOWEVER, even in collector condition, it is only worth around $1500, and that is HIGH for this game.
    You can find a Little Pro for under $1000, although rare with less than 250 made in comparison, and it has a LOT more features.
    Keep in mind I really like these games as well.

This game is going to squat in the mud for a while.
    Do you think this game is worth $5000?
    All sorts of goodness arriving in the market now, as tax time approaches.

"Pinball education is the key to success. I don't care what costs people buy their games for overall, but I do want owners to get their money and value. There are so many examples of owners overpaying for games only to be disgruntled and getting out of the hobby after their first purchase, especially when the game does not work properly. Another reason why I am called 'The Black Knight' as I protect new owners and collectors."

- TBK

Mini Golf (resized).jpgMini Golf (resized).jpg
    00h0h_jAlgjEo1cIP_1200x900 (resized).jpg00h0h_jAlgjEo1cIP_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    00W0W_3IA40Mi3h6_1200x900 (resized).jpg00W0W_3IA40Mi3h6_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    00000_7GWYtpVdvKG_1200x900 (resized).jpg00000_7GWYtpVdvKG_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#3707 7 years ago

Mini Golf is a very desirable EM arcade. It seems every time one comes up for sale on Craigslist someone on Pinside's jaw drops. Pinball people generally don't understand the EM arcade market. It's a whole other animal. $5000 for this example may be a bit high but they do sell in that range.

Here's one listed for $4800.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41695

This one with an ok repaint and chipped lockdown bar sold at auction for $3500
    https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/40838481_multi-coin-william-mini-golf-pinball-machine

There was one on Mr. Pinball about a year or so ago listed at $800. Like any game you can occasionally find one at a great price. There was another that had a $2000 BIN a couple years ago. I was considering that one but it didn't last long.

http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/3181/prices

Here's a recent one. Looks decent, not crazy about the repaint.
    ebay.com link: Mini Golf by Williams Pinball

#3708 7 years ago

Yes, Mini Golf is desirable, I never disagreed.
    I bought one that I placed in storage ($2K), even though I reside in a region where prices are anywhere from 1.5-2X higher than worldwide price averages.
    I also probably will buy TWO Little Pros (one working and one for parts) for $1700, next month.
    But, you can buy 2 1/2 Mini Golfs for $5000.
    The number of EMs that fetch $5000 are zero except those that are fully restored to very specific collectors and a handful of prototypes and samples.
    This game is not fully restored, but is working.

These reason this game gets attention is most people do not know what the game is similar to many steam shovel, whirlybird, and other crane style games from the 1950s-60s. Fortune Teller games can also go sky high, predominantly due to the restoration efforts and required reproduction parts. Unrestored, most games values of this era are less than 40% of a retail price, particularly since many are missing unobtainable parts that have to be remachined.

#3709 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The number of EMs that fetch $5000 are zero except those that are fully restored to very specific collectors and a handful of prototypes and samples.

Unrestored Genco Basketball. Sold for $6500. Not uncommon but very collectible.
    ebay.com link: 1954 Genco Two Player Basketball

#3710 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Another reason why I am called 'The Black Knight' as I protect new owners and collectors."
    - TBK

Gee, I thought it stood for TBK = The Burger King

#3711 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Unrestored Genco Basketball. Sold for $6500. Not uncommon but very collectible.
    ebay.com link » 1954 Genco Two Player Basketball

Ebay has never been a reliable price market evaluation, ever.
    Even during its original days in the 1990s before certain price hikes.
    Now, it is just a festering bloated pile of overpriced garbage, filled with "rubber ring kits", and a tiny percentage of gold nuggets and new buyers getting into price wars.
    Particularly during inflated market periods such as the current time.
    That is how buyers/sellers get into trouble, especially when buyers flake on paying, in the famous, "I made a mistake on my bid".
    Shill bidders are also a big problem.
    It happens constantly, ask dealers and seasoned buyers of parts online.
    Ebay is a good way for sellers to get advertising for their websites and businesses, and then have negotiated real sales behind closed doors.
    Nothing wrong with that, except for the Ebay listing fees.
    What people ask and what people pay are too different animals.
    Long term collectors do not pay this kind of money anyway for this title due to lack of rarity.
    If they do, they are not very informed or care.

If someone believes an unrestored '54 Genco is worth that much, more power to the people.
    Whom am I to argue about some else's "holy grail"?

If someone really wants one, I can probably find a Genco basketball from network resources for the same asking price in working exceptionally restored condition. I would need between 1-3 months, no charge. The buyer just has to be ready to pay when the offer comes up, which is another substantial problem due to the fickleness of buyers who change their mind constantly.
    "Shiny."

That one you mentioned needs a serious overhaul, especially since it was missing parts.
    "Tarnished."

#3713 7 years ago

Hah!

#3714 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Quality WTB ads:

Hopefully you can see the humor and what is going on. If not, Top Doller started first, years ago. People are tired of it, hence the other ads poking fun at it. Here's another one that was posted a while ago making fun of Top Doller.

LOWEST DOLLER (resized).JPGLOWEST DOLLER (resized).JPG

#3715 7 years ago

Well, if any collector wants to due the community a huge service, the "protecting" goes in two directions.
    Both for buyers and sellers.

I have a tendency to help non-collectors evaluate their machines offline for a proper fair price before they put it up for sale. I am not looking for any benefit, "first dibs", or even always want another pinball machine.

I do not contact CL posters on correction (not exclusive to pricing) of their ads, as that is their personal business, not mine, although I actually do sometimes get people pinging me locally from online sources.

For example, we have two EBD up for sale right now.
    Both are listed for over $3000.
    Neither is fully restored.
    One in not even working.
    But, both are the incorrect stated versions of the title.
    One EBD states it is the 1981 version, when it is the 1984.
    The other EBD states that it is the 1982 version, when it is the 1981.
    People generally do not know what they have in some cases.
    In this particular case it makes a large difference in price, even before evaluating the games.

Remember it is not about the price of an item, but what you get for your money.

If collectors can help others, it keeps the alley cats and cockroach flippers away from their heckling, although they can try, and be disarmed.

It is pretty rampant now here in Portland in one of the final "mechas" of the pinball universe.
    It is like a person who offered to trade his boa constrictor to me for a pinball machine, "Portlandia" at its finest.
    I simply responded with, "What am I going to do with a live snake?"

Recently, I did converse to a widow who had several machines, but she knew I was friends with another person, and asked for advice first. It does happen. The games were sold privately to another collector, I just pointed the way.

#3717 7 years ago

inlandempire.craigslist.org link
    Blackout pinball game. Manufactured by Williams in the 80's. 4 player. Audio. Xlnt condition.
    Plays well. Reconditioned. Coin op bypassed. $875. Call / Text / E-mail
    00H0H_aVDIx8oDt7y_600x450 (resized).jpg00H0H_aVDIx8oDt7y_600x450 (resized).jpg

Excellent condition?? Reconditioned???

#3718 7 years ago

Back glass looks nice from a distance.

#3719 7 years ago

Try not to flood his inbox, but now you can get a High Speed for only $4,500!! And its been waxed!
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

#3720 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kratogen:

now you can get a High Speed for only $4,500!

Oh wait..not "high on speed"

#3721 7 years ago

I'll take the blackout with custom cab over highly priced high speed

#3722 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

inlandempire.craigslist.org link
    Blackout pinball game. Manufactured by Williams in the 80's. 4 player. Audio. Xlnt condition.
    Plays well. Reconditioned. Coin op bypassed. $875. Call / Text / E-mail

I'd like a Blackout. $875 sounds good, but THAT ONE ...

What the actual F***?!?

#3723 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Looks like it was reconditioned with shoe polish. "Now go home and get your f--king shine box!"

#3725 7 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

tampa.craigslist.org link

WOW, that is a good one!
    Gave me a good guffaw this morning

#3726 7 years ago

Best one ever.

#3727 7 years ago

$12,000 Monster Bash
    Looks nice but not $12k nice.
    austin.craigslist.org link
    1998 Monster Bash Pinball Machine. Excellent Condition. Universal Monsters themed pinball. Rare and extremely collectable.

Modification includes
    -Pinball Pro speakers kit and base speaker
    -Cliffy scoop hole (Mosh Pit) protector
    -Leg protectors to protect artwork on the cabinet
    -New legs
    -New playfield glass.
    -Shopped with white rubber & red flipper rubber
    -Sling shot plastic protectors (clear plastic fender washers)

Playfield excellent condition as evidence by no drac track wear or creature hole wear.

#3728 7 years ago

Reposted for posterity

#3729 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Reposted for posterity

Maybe it's a Black Hole!

#3730 7 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Maybe it's a Black Hole!

Black Knght?

#3731 7 years ago

Ad says older new Stern so I'm guessing spider man black

#3732 7 years ago

Funhouse guy still asking too much with the wooden coin door. Why doesnt he learn? Or replace the god damn coin door?
    madison.craigslist.org link

#3733 7 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Funhouse guy still asking too much with the wooden coin door. Why doesnt he learn? Or replace the god damn coin door?
    madison.craigslist.org link

Has anyone gone to see it in person? Like maybe it's mint except for the goofball coin door.

#3734 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Has anyone gone to see it in person? Like maybe it's mint except for the goofball coin door.

I went and took a look. Game was OK. Their kitchen really freaked me out though.

kitchen (resized).jpgkitchen (resized).jpg

#3735 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I went and took a look. Game was OK. Their kitchen really freaked me out though.

Looks like it is HUO?!?

Still kinda pricey for a unique fixer upper, in THAT neighborhood...
    But doesn't everyone have 3 mortgages these days?
    Oh wait, that would only apply for a GB pin.
    Sorry.

#3736 7 years ago

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Thats hilarious!

#3737 7 years ago

How about an Evel Knievel for $2,899? Hmmm... I can't for the life of me figure out why there are no bids.

ebay.com link: Evel Knievel Pinball Machine Original Vintage

#3738 7 years ago

What did the Kitchen Shooter Lane look like!?!

#3739 7 years ago

Not CL, but what an interesting description... Gonna be tough to sell a pinball machine if your ad doesn't use the word 'pinball'

Maybe the longer description at least has the machine title?? Nope. GLWS!

20170220_213019 (resized).png20170220_213019 (resized).png

20170220_212935 (resized).png20170220_212935 (resized).png

#3740 7 years ago

ebay.com link: PARTY ZONE pinball by Bally

Will need new rubbers and a cleaning...with what a sandblaster it looks like it's been lovingly stored in the swimming pool lol, the rust on the speaker grills are a bonus! lol I just want to offer him $300!

#3741 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

Home use only, naturally.

Cliffy'd since day one.

#3742 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

There's no groove.

#3743 7 years ago

This is the funniest post I've ever seen here. I'm at a restaurant on lunch and I'm laughing so hard (quietly) I'm in tears. I have tears rolling down my cheeks. Classic! Thank you for that.

#3744 7 years ago

Always annoyed seeing people post zizzles or pachinko machines, but this was a new one philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#3746 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Always annoyed seeing people post zizzles or pachinko machines, but this was a new one philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Wow, that is a funny craigslist post ROFL

#3747 7 years ago

mobile.craigslist.org link

I don't know how to embed the link into this post - first time I've tried. Anyhow, wow! Just a little fade and peeling on the backglass.

#3749 7 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

mobile.craigslist.org link
    I don't know how to embed the link into this post - first time I've tried. Anyhow, wow! Just a little fade and peeling on the backglass.

Wow, there's nothing left on that backglass

#3750 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wow, there's nothing left on that backglass

I'ts been censored !

There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/75?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.