Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,871 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 minutes ago by Threetreys
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 178.
    #3501 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone is fed up....
    reading.craigslist.org link

Wanted ads are annoying. Especially if they aren't specific to a machine. You want a pinball machine for a good deal? Join the crowd.

#3502 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone is fed up....

I'm confused... can people just delete other people's ads on that thing?

#3503 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone is fed up....

Wanted ad posted.

#3504 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone is fed up....

Lmao.

#3505 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I'm confused... can people just delete other people's ads on that thing?

Theoretically yes but practically no. You can "flag" an ad. It takes a number of flags from what the software perceives as different users to remove an ad. The number it takes is variable based on region, category, and sometimes local situations on a particular CL board.

#3506 7 years ago

I know there are flippers who do these ads but when I first started this is how I found games (want ad) and still have them. Pickings are thin where I'm at and you hardly ever see a game local to me so I used them and was able to actually purchase some games that would have never been listed.

#3507 7 years ago

The most amazing thing to me is the quality of "pinball wanted" posts that we get here in New England. Bad spelling, horrible grammar and vague statements make me wonder if anyone serious ever responds. They remind me of those "I buy homes for cash" handwritten signs people stick in the ground at intersections. Who responds?

#3508 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Wanted ad posted.

In case it gets deleted...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3509 7 years ago

Haha!

#3510 7 years ago

Once upon a time Craigslist was pretty cool and you could find some decent things there....

My therory is some politicians thought... hey, smart people use the internet and the internet is pretty smart, lets make it so that every moron has access, then they can be smart too... well.... now the internet is dumb, thanks a lot guys.

#3511 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone is fed up....

My CL wanted ad (which is still listed) is how I came up with the majority of the machines I have...I don't see a problem with it.
    Someone answers my ad with a pinball machine they have for sale and either I can afford their price or I can't.
    If I can't, I tell them what I can afford and either they accept my offer or they don't.
    Am I effen people or what?

#3512 7 years ago
    Quoted from bronco-jon:

My CL wanted ad (which is still listed) is how I came up with the majority of the machines I have...I don't see a problem with it.
    Someone answers my ad with a pinball machine they have for sale and either I can afford their price or I can't.
    If I can't, I tell them what I can afford and either they accept my offer or they don't.
    Am I effen people or what?

I totally agree. I post want ads on CL on and off throughout the year and have had decent luck with them. I go a step further and If I can handle the price they are asking, I am very honest with them about what the market will bear on their machine, and suggest they take several good pics of their machine and post it on CL themselves.

I recently had a collector pissed off at me because I would not buy his STTNG machine for what he perceived to be its "real value". He told me that if I did not want to by his machine then I should just remove my ad and stop wasting everyone's time. Newsflash, if I want to pay full boat for a pin I will go on pinside or ebay.

Wanted listings on Craigslist are pretty much for the buyer to:
    -to find a person ignorant of the value of their machine and willing to sell it for much less.
    -to find semi local pin they can see up close and personal.

for the seller:
    -to find a local hassle-free way to sell a pin fast.
    -to get paid in cash immediately.
    -to avoid needing to establish a ebay sellers account.

#3513 7 years ago

The obvious question is why not just list it on CL yourself instead of responding to a CL pinball wanted ad.

TRY IT!

It is amazing the number of jackass questions you will receive selling a pinball machine on CL.

-Did you sell your pinball machine yet?
    You answer no, and never hear another word from them.

-Will you trade my two shitty EM machines (that need a "little" work to get going) for your working popular Solid State Pinball.

-Are you driving to (wherever the hell they live) area any time soon?

-Will you ship this to me?
    Sounds fine, but this is typically a waste of time contacting a freight delivery company for a quote. Then delivering the quote to the prospective buyer only to told by them how much cheaper their other pinball they had freighted to them (which was farther away) cost them. And then is that quote price delivered to my house??? (Yeah, the truck will back right up to the loading dock you had built on the side of your house)

-I can't get way from my job until Sunday, can you hold it for me?

-I can pay you a deposit for this now but I am not driving through you area until next month.

and my favorite is "Do you deliver?"

"Do you deliver" means, they do not want to pay for the machine until you drive it to their home, unload it, set it up for them and let them play it. At which point the haggling of price will begin.

I literally had a guy do this to me last month. He said he wanted my pinball machine "for sure", but he needed it delivered. I told him fine. I would need wire transfer to my bank or postal money order, in return he (of course) offered paypal. I told him that I would only accept a non-refundable form of payment (i.e. one that he could not charge back).

He then told me that he would never buy a pinball machine without playing it first. So basically the jackass was expecting me to drive it to his house so I could unload it, set it up his his house, and he could play it first and then decide if he did or did not want to buy it.

Un- F'ing believable.

#3514 7 years ago

Ebarf Laugh Ghostbusters LE NIB $11,995.00
    just $3200 over MSRP

#3515 7 years ago

**Bally Capt. Fantastic Elton John Pinball Machine** - $3000

detroit.craigslist.org link

We have a Bally Capt. Fantastic Elton John pinball machine for sale. It has been completely reconditioned and is fully functional. Please feel free to swing by and check it out or call for more details. Wise Buys Resale & Consignment Shop

#3516 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

**Bally Capt. Fantastic Elton John Pinball Machine** - $3000
    detroit.craigslist.org link
    We have a Bally Capt. Fantastic Elton John pinball machine for sale. It has been completely reconditioned and is fully functional. Please feel free to swing by and check it out or call for more details. Wise Buys Resale & Consignment Shop

Is that the X rated backglass?

#3517 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Is that the X rated backglass?

Looks like it.

#3519 7 years ago

One thing Captain Fantastic has going for it is reminding the next generation that Elton John used to be cool and hip and sexy... something I myself did not realize until seeing Cap. F. and looking up more about his past.

Growing up I just thought he was gross and old... probably the same reaction kids today have to the current incarnation of Madonna.

But yeah, way overpriced.

#3520 7 years ago

It's a great pin, and I know a collector that paid $1800 for his. $3000 is high but it is in a retail location

#3521 7 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

...probably the same reaction kids today have to the current incarnation of Madonna...

So what's wrong with Madonna? She refuses to grow up and is living in the past. Something a lot of us do!

#3522 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

So what's wrong with Madonna? She refuses to grow up and is living in the past. Something a lot of us do!

Ditto that!!!

#3523 7 years ago

ToucanF16 and metalkatt I appreciate and agree with your comments, nevertheless you may find yourself agreeing with some of what Camille Paglia (whose full response is included in the linked article below) has written.

Please note Paglia was one of her earliest fans and defenders in the 80s and 90s!

"The number one issue in Madonna’s current path of self-destruction is her embarrassing inability to deal with aging. She has failed to study the example of her great role model, Marlene Dietrich, who retained her class and style to the end. Madonna keeps chasing after youth, humiliating herself with vulgar displays, like the horrendously trashy, buttock-baring outfit she wore to the Metropolitan Museum of Art Gala in May.

She has become a cringe-making pastiche of ratty blonde hair extensions and artificially swollen cheeks, obscuring the magnificent classic bone structure that made her one of the most photogenic celebrities of the 1990s. In her struggles to stay relevant, Madonna has debased herself with adolescent, pitifully inept Instagrams that cannot compete with Rihanna’s brilliant work in that genre."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4029528/Feminist-Camille-Paglia-hits-Madonna-s-claims-rebuffed-female-peers-start-career.html#ixzz4TUpmQb00

#3524 7 years ago

Hello Fellas

Ok. I can add something here I found numerous. This seller is including a "Rare" operations Manual for a Demo Man. I feel pretty good now as I have something "rare"!! Lol

IMG_4987 (resized).PNGIMG_4987 (resized).PNG

#3525 7 years ago

More importantly @GPS, how do you feel about Madonna?

#3526 7 years ago

The DM ad is funny, but the price is actually ok.

#3528 7 years ago

That's awesome.

#3529 7 years ago

Ok, that one's pretty funny. I guess someone has gotten beaten to the punch one to many times, lol

#3530 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok, that one's pretty funny. I guess someone has gotten beaten to the punch one to many times, lol

Yeah, but now he owns a Jumping Jack. A half victory at best.

#3531 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Hello Fellas
    Ok. I can add something here I found numerous. This seller is including a "Rare" operations Manual for a Demo Man. I feel pretty good now as I have something "rare"!! Lol

That map is by The Pinball Shoppe unless that's where entering in North Olmsted's zipcode generically shows as the location. I wonder if this ad is them, that sure isn't a retail price that they're known for though.

#3532 7 years ago

Pinball Arcade Machines 4 plus Foosball Table...

Rodeo Shooting Gallery, Royal Flush Pinball, Magnotron Pinball, Flip Flop Pinball and a Imperial Butcher Block Foosball Table. All have been sold recently for $15,740.00 I looking for $9.995 total, CASH,

4 arcade (resized).jpg4 arcade (resized).jpg

#3534 7 years ago

you can be a savvy buyer & save $1000.00 below Ebay price

#3535 7 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

you can be a savvy buyer & save $1000.00 below Ebay price

Yeah, but that is a great price on that machine!

#3536 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Yeah, but that is a great price on that machine!

I agree completely!! .... I just found humor in the ebay price comparison

#3537 7 years ago

Some Ebay sellers are a laugh too.
    Q1: What is with the blinders? they seem to be way out of position. Do they work? how is the display? are there any line or columns out? can you post pictures of the boards in the back box? is there any corrosion from battery leakage on the main board? and burnt connectors on the power supply board?

Reply to list of questions:These are all the pictures I have - It is in clean condition

Q2: I asked define "clean condition"
    2nd reply: "All I know is it plays well."

There were 4 pictures of a Tommy with no power on.
    Never seen blinders like this...

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#3538 7 years ago

spacecoast.craigslist.org link

I keep seeing these references to somehow, this crappy Brunswick "Alive" is in someway related to Elvis Presley?! He'd FREAK if he knew someone mistook this for a likeness of him!!

And $4,000?? Even if you inflated the 1970s dollars that this sold for originally, at what? Maybe $750 retail? at the usual 4x 70s inflation, it's only $3k... But Brunswick games didn't exactly appreciate in value. Heh.

-B

#3539 7 years ago
    Quoted from bdPinball:

spacecoast.craigslist.org link
    I keep seeing these references to somehow, this crappy Brunswick "Alive" is in someway related to Elvis Presley?! He'd FREAK if he knew someone mistook this for a likeness of him!!
    And $4,000?? Even if you inflated the 1970s dollars that this sold for originally, at what? Maybe $750 retail? at the usual 4x 70s inflation, it's only $3k... But Brunswick games didn't exactly appreciate in value. Heh.
    -B

ouch (resized).jpgouch (resized).jpg

#3542 7 years ago

I like how under condition it says new!!

#3543 7 years ago

Well new BMWs go for $50-100k so I imagine selling any old car for half of that is a deal. Lol

#3544 7 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Well new BMWs go for $50-100k so I imagine selling any old car for half of that is a deal. Lol

Sounds reasonable

#3545 7 years ago

Wheres the rim shot, when you need one.

#3546 7 years ago

Makes me cry I sold my outer space way to cheap. I never knew it was worth half the price of a new game even at half the price of a game at 5k it would be to much

#3547 7 years ago

I know this is ebarf, but deserves to be posted. Marx River Boat $999.00

ebay.com link: VINTAGE ANTIQUE MARX RIVERBOAT ELECTRIC PIN BALL GAME 1964 RARE WORKING Louis

Works like a charm. Lights up and keeps score. Very nice collectors shape. Museum quality Don't miss out on this rare piece

#3548 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

I know this is ebarf, but deserves to be posted. Marx River Boat $999.00
    ebay.com link » Very nice collectors shape. Museum quality Don't miss out on this rare piece

It certainly is ebarf! What is that guy smokin'?

#3549 7 years ago

Well, well, well - what do we have here??? Anyone following the "upcoming games for sale" debacle that consumed 100's of posts and multiple threads getting shut down will appreciate this one:

harrisburg.craigslist.org link

Pinball Machines For Sale Shortly (Carlisle PA)

We have decided to sell off most of our pinball machine collection as well as a good many project machines starting sometime in Mid January. I am just putting this post up to let my past customers as well as others from the area know we will be selling off dozens of solid state pinball machines as well as a few EM pinball machines shortly.

At this point please do not email for additional information. I'll be posting each machine one at a time as we have time starting sometime towards the middle of January.

On the average prices will be near or slight less than current market value - this is not going to be a "fire sale". It is just time to lighten the load a little and move our lives in a different direction.

There are 8,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.