Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 178.
    #3451 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"very nice bow and arrow pinball machine old antiques needs some work." ($600)

Ha, looks nice enough to me!

#3452 7 years ago
    Quoted from bdPinball:

This was worth a laugh. Is this guy a newbie trying to get his first pin, or is he a CL cut-throat pin-SOB who mis-represents what/who he is.

The simple proper term is "flipper".

#3453 7 years ago

He also has the exact same post with a different photo in Miami.

#3454 7 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Working or not working? Proper equipment? Cash waiting? Seems like a pro fishing for some deals, lol. Nice touch with the "looking for Christmas cheer" part.

"Flipper"
    A lot of bottom feeders right now in the hobby.
    None of them are "Mr. Fix It".
    Their special skills are hooking and gutting.

#3455 7 years ago

"Flipper"
    A lot of bottom feeders right now in the hobby.
    None of them are "Mr. Fix It".
    Their special skills are hooking and gutting.

The majority of posts right now in my area are "looking to buy" or wierd posts for things like new trucks for $1500 that come up when you search for Pinball. It's quickly becoming a waste of time.

#3456 7 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

The majority of posts right now in my area are "looking to buy" or wierd posts for things like new trucks for $1500 that come up when you search for Pinball. It's quickly becoming a waste of time.

Yeah. I don't know who is applying the filters and searching for bogus ads or whatever, but there is all KINDS of bull$h1t posted on there, and apparently there are no consequences for repeated "offenses," so yeah, even ignoring such ads, they keep posting them again and again!

A New post - about 50 of them is for an oxygen concentrator. Well, I guess who cares if grandpa can breathe or not? We need a Simpson's Pinball machine!

orlando.craigslist.org link

-Brian

#3457 7 years ago
    Quoted from bdPinball:

...Well, I guess who cares if grandpa can breathe or not? We need a Simpson's Pinball machine!
    orlando.craigslist.org link
    -Brian

Yeah, Who cares about grandpa!

#3458 7 years ago

Screenshot_2016-12-01-06-43-48 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-12-01-06-43-48 (resized).png

#3459 7 years ago

D.GOTTLIEB CO 1964 WORLDS FAIR PINBALL - $2800
    knoxville.craigslist.org link

For $2800, has the decency to hose the dust off before taking photos.

01414_2vFgJCVzUxz_1200x900 (resized).jpg01414_2vFgJCVzUxz_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00A0A_joZFFMv268T_1200x900 (resized).jpg00A0A_joZFFMv268T_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00e0e_jwnTncyBTnK_1200x900 (resized).jpg00e0e_jwnTncyBTnK_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#3460 7 years ago

But that dust is from 1964 worlds fair -- it's actually half his asking price at least by itself! The machine that comes with it is practically just a bonus!!!

#3461 7 years ago

Sigh...more bonkers CL prices

#3462 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sigh...more bonkers CL prices

It's not just the bonkers CL prices, it's also the bonkers continual relisting of the same item at the same price for months if not years on end. There is a Captain Fantastic in my area that has been posted for $2500 for well over a year and a half. Every month it gets renewed. At what point do you think someone would finally figure out that it isn't ever going to sell for $2500 ? I guess they figure if they keep listing it forever then inflation or the market will finally catch up to their price.

#3463 7 years ago

When 11 coats of clear just isn't enough. The machine looks very well done, I just thought the clearcoat overkill was entertaining. That said, anyone want to start a pinball themed punk band? Clearcoat Overkill sounds like a cool name.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1221053022&utm_source=alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_alerts

SYDNEY CROSBY PINBALL MACHINE IS ONE OF A KIND. 12 COATS OF CLEARCOAT OVER THE AMAZING AIRBRUSH ARTISTS WORK.
    IF YOUR A FAN ?
    THAN THIS IS A MUST .
    FAST ACTION AND GREAT SOUNDS, A BEAUTIFUL MACHINE
    SHIPPING IS VERY CHEAP

#3464 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

When 11 coats of clear just isn't enough. The machine looks very well done, I just thought the clearcoat overkill was entertaining.

HA! I saw this one pop into my inbox earlier today too. Its a re-skin of an early Bally SS, but which game?

#3465 7 years ago
    Quoted from MeEtc:

HA! I saw this one pop into my inbox earlier today too. Its a re-skin of an early Bally SS, but which game?

Star Trek

#3466 7 years ago

ah. wrong star trek on the link, but yes i see it.

#3467 7 years ago

Wh20 listed at 2500$. My guess is the offers started coming in and the seller quickly modified his posting (without removing the original "firm" price).

2016-12-01_12-30-11 (resized).jpg2016-12-01_12-30-11 (resized).jpg

#3468 7 years ago
    Quoted from Archon9000:

Wh20 listed at 2500$. My guess is the offers started coming in and the seller quickly modified his posting (without removing the original "firm" price).

The famous Craigslist "auction".
    Put on your horse jockey outfit, and get out your whip.

#3469 7 years ago
    Quoted from Archon9000:

That's funny! Should reply with, "I'll give full asking price" and leave out the number.

#3470 7 years ago

For Christ sakes, give this thing away to someone..

scranton.craigslist.org link

#3471 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

scranton.craigslist.org link

They should pay to have that removed.

#3472 7 years ago

I agree with you.

#3473 7 years ago

Ditto. They should offer $300 to have it hauled off; it can't be in good shape given its present location (going by pictures in the ad).

#3474 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Another moooooo...barn find.

wareh06 (resized).jpgwareh06 (resized).jpg

#3475 7 years ago

Yuck

You almost need to hose that one down.

#3476 7 years ago

What the...? Tell me somebody isn't trying to sell that. I know times are hard for some folks but really now...

#3477 7 years ago
    Quoted from chucktee:

What the...? Tell me somebody isn't trying to sell that. I know times are hard for some folks but really now...

I will find some more fun photos from my CL archive.
    Yes, all the games I ever list or show were/are for sale.
    Some of them are outright absurd.

I am still looking for the photo for the Nip-It in the cow pasture covered with manure after the playfield glass broke.
    It was flat on the ground, no legs.
    That was funny.
    $350 OBO.
    I salvaged the backglass, but the rest of the game was trashed.
    Amazing how well those early EM Bally backglasses hold up.
    This one was face down in the backbox, which was the only reason it survived.
    I took it home for $50 (the whole backbox), and told the guy to get his tractor and a hook chain to pull the rest out of the mud, because I was not going back into the field to dig through to see what was left.

acow (resized).jpgacow (resized).jpg

#3478 7 years ago

It is comical what some people would try and sell....., what is it about people? Do they feel they have to get as much money as they can out of everything.Is there something inside them that will not allow them to give something away? I really don't think it's because they are that hard up for money.

#3479 7 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

D.GOTTLIEB CO 1964 WORLDS FAIR PINBALL - $2800
    knoxville.craigslist.org link
    For $2800, has the decency to hose the dust off before taking photos.

This guy is nuts. I paid less than $700 for mine in beautiful condition.

#3480 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3481 7 years ago

If this was a TSPP it would make more sense....

ebay.com link: itm

#3482 7 years ago

I would take it for cheap just for the spare parts!

#3483 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

ebay.com link

ebay.com link: Simpsons Pinball Machine Data East Arcade Coin Operated 1990

And another one complete with yellowed cabinet, lifting inserts, head damage, kick out and outer lane wear

#3484 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

ebay.com link

"Simpsons Pinball Marchine"?

eBay (resized).pngeBay (resized).png

#3485 7 years ago

'Fess up, how many of you clicked on this CL post, just on the one-in-a-million chance that it was actually a Big Bang Bar? I know I did.
    westernmass.craigslist.org link

#3486 7 years ago

I'm thinking this used to be one of those pinball prize dispensing games... now its very confusing.

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#3487 7 years ago

"not sure if it works"

huntington.craigslist.org link

01616_lLT7YQwqVUo_600x450 (resized).jpg01616_lLT7YQwqVUo_600x450 (resized).jpg

#3488 7 years ago

Uh... I would say no.

#3489 7 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

"not sure if it works"

Wow, that's the worst I've ever seen that wasn't set on fire. Actually, scratch that. It may be that this one could be improved by setting it on fire.

#3490 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Wow, that's the worst I've ever seen that wasn't set on fire. Actually, scratch that. It may be that this one could be improved by setting it on fire.

Guessing he doesn't have the front legs. Unreal what people try to sell.

#3491 7 years ago

I still can't believe xTheblacknightx paid $50 for a backbox in a cow pasture. It wasn't even in its natural habitat. It's like saying, "you can buy the car for $200 if you can get off the bottom of the lake."
    The guy should have given you the damn thing and planted a row of corn in its place. The one above should read, "free to a good home, parts machine."

#3492 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

I still can't believe xTheblacknightx paid $50 for a backbox in a cow pasture. It wasn't even in its natural habitat. It's like saying, "you can buy the car for $200 if you can get off the bottom of the lake."
    The guy should have given you the damn thing and planted a row of corn in its place. The one above should read, "free to a good home, parts machine."

Parts is parts.
    You can never have too many spare parts stashed away.

#3493 7 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

Guessing he doesn't have the front legs. Unreal what people try to sell.

What good would the front legs do when there's nothing for them to bolt on to? The entire front portion of the cabinet is missing.

#3494 7 years ago

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

This Fireball Home Edition is - wait for it - HUO. It's also legal for home use in all 50 states!

#3495 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

washingtondc.craigslist.org link
    This Fireball Home Edition is - wait for it - HUO. It's also legal for home use in all 50 states!

Perfect working? I see the right flipper is working really well!

#3496 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

There is a ball cradled on the flipper, pic was taken during playing a game.

#3497 7 years ago

"not sure if it works"

Quoted from Travish:

Uh... I would say no.

Plug her in and find out.

#3498 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Quoted from 0geist0:

There is a ball cradled on the flipper, pic was taken during playing a game.

The flipper is also down in another picture.

#3499 7 years ago

"not sure if it works"

Looks like it was just shopped with some new rubbers just forgot to refurb cabinet and the coin door is there and there's a leg to the right bolted to something which one of you gurus can identify what that maybe?

#3500 7 years ago

Someone is fed up....

reading.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.