4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,387 posts
  • 772 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Mitch
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,118 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190620-070933_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190620-070914_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190617_165224834_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpg
    arcade fail (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20190616-081344_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-081325_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190611-231525_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190608-104032_Chrome (resized).jpg
    stern (resized).jpg
    race time (resized).JPG
    gigi (resized).jpg
    hit run (resized).JPG
    Gulf Stream (resized).JPG
    B926F381-0007-4B73-8154-D6373EEB9B07 (resized).png
    why (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20190529-210728_Chrome (resized).jpg

There are 6387 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 128.
    #3401 2 years ago

$2800 on northern Michigan CL for a far out EM. His mind is the only thing far out.

#3402 2 years ago

Here's one from the bargain bin:
    chicago cubs pinball machine - $19000 (coconut creek)
    Gottlieb & co. 1985. only pinball machine approved by major league baseball. my machine for 20 years.
    miami.craigslist.org link

At that price it will stay yours for at least another 20 years.

#3403 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

Here's one from the bargain bin:
    chicago cubs pinball machine - $19000 (coconut creek)
    Gottlieb & co. 1985. only pinball machine approved by major league baseball. my machine for 20 years.
    At that price it will stay yours for at least another 20 years.

One of these popped up near Boston a few days ago for $100. It was gone in a hot second.

#3404 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

One of these popped up near Boston a few days ago for $100. It was gone in a hot second.

I live in Massachusetts and i tried to buy it 3 hours after it was posted. It was sold

#3405 2 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I live in Massachusetts and i tried to buy it 3 hours after it was posted. It was sold

You pretty much have to respond within the first 10 minutes...and sometimes even that is too late.

#3406 2 years ago

I downloaded an app to notify me when a listing with the word Pinball goes up and I am still often too late, lol.

#3407 2 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I downloaded an app to notify me when a listing with the word Pinball goes up and I am still often too late, lol.

Careful with those apps--sometimes craiglist bans your IP for pinging the site too frequently.

#3408 2 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

You don't need an app, CL will offer to set up an alert for any search you perform. You'll get an email as fast as your provider can deliver it to you.
    Easy to set up - Perform a search, click the "save search" link to the right of the search box that appears at the top of the CL results page. You'll be taken to your CL account page. Check the box if you want to set an alert.

PinsideCLsearch (resized).jpg

#3409 2 years ago

From a recent CL ad, price is right, but god damn this is ugly.
    I would have to strip all the crap off the game.

00303_d8FPPJqgurN_1200x900 (resized).jpg

Pinball Powdercoating SOPA (resized).jpg

#3410 2 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

From a recent CL ad, price is right, but god damn this is ugly.
    I would have to strip all the crap off the game.

Looks like someone took the trim off Ghostbusters and stuck it on TAF.

#3411 2 years ago

The same guy has the following on Columbus Craigslist:
    Medieval Madness $10,000
    Totan $9000
    Twilight Zone $8500
    Pirates of the Caribbean $5500
    All of the ads mention that they make a great Christmas gift.

#3412 2 years ago

Click on this, and ask yourself if you'd pay $7K-$9Kfor it (and read the full description).
    https://issuu.com/vaneatongalleries/docs/souvenirsofdisneylandissuu2/141?e=15511873/40210916

1 week later
    #3413 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Click on this, and ask yourself if you'd pay $7K-$9Kfor it (and read the full description).
    https://issuu.com/vaneatongalleries/docs/souvenirsofdisneylandissuu2/141?e=15511873/40210916

Umm.... iew.

#3414 2 years ago

I recently saw data east simpsons on craigslist for $5900....cant seem to track it down. Perhaps it was a typo and was suppose to be $1900.

#3416 2 years ago
    Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

I recently saw data east simpsons on craigslist for $5900....cant seem to track it down. Perhaps it was a typo and was suppose to be $1900.

Perhaps they had a HUO Stern Party Pinball with a couple grand cash stuffed in the goodie bag?

#3418 2 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

fortmyers.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).png

#3419 2 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

fortmyers.craigslist.org link

prodimage (resized).jpg

#3420 2 years ago

I just noticed a CL ad for a Mini Cycle. Sure enough, I think it's one I sold a few years ago for $175- the planking on the playfield looks the same, and the backglass looked perfect, just like mine did. Now, its listed for $900.

Maybe I'm just ranting and should not be attached to a machine that I sold, but really, $900? If he gets it, I'm going to feel like I left a lot of cash on the table, and wonder who got taken advantage of. I just hope they have lots of cash and its not a big deal to them. Rant complete.

#3421 2 years ago

(Don't worry, he won't!)

#3422 2 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Perhaps they had a HUO Stern Party Pinball with a couple grand cash stuffed in the goodie bag?

I found it, and it went up.....

craigslist (resized).PNG

#3423 2 years ago

dallas.craigslist.org link

Bally Kiss for $4,650. Comes with worn playfield and faded cab. What a steal!

#3424 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

seller claims "Always maintained and recent service including new lights, rubber kit, targets flippers and ball."
    which explains the playfield paint being worn off.

#3425 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

I see them frequently posted in my area for $3500-$4000. These sellers are delusional.

#3426 2 years ago

I just did a recent assessment of the PNW CL ads across the region from Seattle to Bend and all the way out past Spokane.
    This is a multiple metro region with Seattle, SEATAC, Oympia, Tacoma, Yakima, Spokane, Bend, and may other smaller cities combined.
    A lot of locations packed into a corridor.

Out of a little more than 108 current ads, over 25% were WTB ads, and the rest of these same entries were duplicates of the same ad.
    This did not count "garbage" ads that were asking for pinball machines in trade for items like boats, tractors?, ATVs, cars, and hot tubs.
    This did not count toys related to pinball.
    This also did not even consider the ads for "expert pinball repair", of which are nearly ALL bait ads for flippers as well.
    There are only a handful of "experts" here in this region, and they don't need CL for solicitation. They are overloaded with work.
    Counting all these together, we are looking at well over 65-70% of all ads in over a 250 mile circular region in many metro areas being complete and utter bullshit.

I actually pinged a WTB: Eight Ball Deluxe buyer (last week I think?), pointed him to the photos and details of my fully restored game, and said feel free to make an offer.
    The ad stated "he was a serious buyer, had full cash, and is not a dealer, will consider all machines restored or not"
    Guess what? No response.
    I was not particularly surprised or disappointed.
    Just another flipper, trying to troll for "deals" and try and get a cheap game.
    He took one look at the game and I am sure he said, uh oh, this is not garden variety garbage trash.
    You really cannot help anyone these days without somebody trying to fish hook and gut you, and then you have to call them out.
    I am not talking about lowballing either, that is oversimplifying.

Some of the best ads are "I will buy entire collections, please send details", but they could never afford to buy out anybody, because they cannot afford to pay their own current rent or even have enough money for groceries. Absolutely, positively, NEVER given them your information, unless you like having your home broken into via a reverse address search.

CL remains a total waste of time, space, and effort for anyone out here anyway.
    I do still try to help others, so they don't get taken for a ride.
    Be cautious.
    There are very few "fair deals", but we all still look anyway periodically.
    Work your private contacts, or make some.
    The worst part is some legitimate for sale machine ads get taken down immediately and tagged as illegal, so flippers can try and monopolize a purchase sale and prevent others from seeing the the ad from unsuspecting sellers.
    It is so rampant now, I am glad I don't need to start in this hobby, as if I was a new I might actually be frustrated.

"Craigslist, the cockroach breeding ground corner of society, all feeding together at the same place and time."

#3427 2 years ago

Sad but true... pins on fleaBay are also often ridiculously priced.... although with patience and caution it can still be fruitful.

I had a very nice KISS on craigslist for what I felt was a very fair price (about half the price of the lowest price KISS wreck on fleaBay). There never were any serious buyers but one who had inquired asked again after I let the ad expire. We kept in touch over the next couple months and edventually he bought it. We drove up, met him and his family and had a great time visiting too.

Unfortunately this is probably the exception to the rule, but I'm always hopeful.

#3429 2 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

A little pricey for me

Ouch!!

#3431 2 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

CL remains a total waste of time, space, and effort for anyone out here anyway.

I couldn't agree more. I know other collectors who spend so much time on local forums asking whether "anyone heard from the guy selling X" and trying to chase down deals that may not even be real. And they freely admit to spending lots of time chasing deals they never get and fighting with sellers and other collectors to outbid each other and still often get nothing.

I'm a different breed of person (I value my time far more than my cash). I would rather do a deal with a fellow collector that won't sell it out from under me or flake on me even if I have to pay a little more.

Competing for craigslist deals (or using CL in general) is a waste of time and potentially dangerous. I'm long over it personally...

To each their own though! I'm willing to bet 99 out of 100 Pinsiders check CL daily. If it makes them happy so be it.

#3432 2 years ago

The final correspondence from an overseas scammer (he is a "battalion commander" located overseas who will pay extra $ if I accept PayPal):

"Hello Harry,

Your PayPal address, thatsweetspot@undermyballs.org is not a valid PayPal account. Do you have another... Etc.

Good fun.

#3433 2 years ago

Competing for craigslist deals (or using CL in general) is a waste of time and potentially dangerous.

The only good news is usually I can identify the seller fairly quickly, if legitimate.
    CL is dangerous, not just to your safety, but to your collection.
    Pinball machines are "hot commodities" being stolen right now.
    I would never invite a potential buyer to my private storage warehouse where I store my projects and restorations to sell a game.
    That is a HUGE no no.
    It is questionable, I would even invite a buyer to my house to sell a game either, unless it has already been negotiated.
    They sure as #$@! see I have an alarm system signs.

If a prospective buyer sees an ad with no price, WALK THE $#@! AWAY.
    Listen to me here, new collectors, please.
    It is either a flipper, scammer, troller, market price tester, or CL auctioneer bullshit.
    You will beat your head into a brick wall, or simply put yourself at risk personally.
    There is no bartering in buying pinball machines, either the game is legit or it is not.
    Take a knowledgeable collector with you to inspect the damn game.
    Ask for help, if needed.

Generally, pinball collectors post on another forums, locations, people already know them, not necessarily on PinSide.
    The internet is not a vacuum anymore like it was in the early 90s.
    It makes the process very quick, but every once on a full moon, something unusual occurs.
    Not often anymore, but when people know you are a "pinball collector" they actually come to you for help.
    Either to sell what they have, or offer it to you first, out of direct trust.
    Keeps the scammers and flippers at bay, sometimes...

Owners should realize that not everything in their basement is American Pickers "rusty gold".
    It is just not the case, regardless of the current conditions of the market.
    In some cases, the games sit until the person goes to their grave, and relatives end up cleaning their mess.
    Sometimes they are hoarders, sometimes not, but the end state is always the same.

We have an outdoor unprotected garage full of games in Portland, OR that has been up for sale on CL off and on for over 2+ years.
    Buyer wanted over $20K for the games, and they were in really rough shape, and only 5-6? were pinball machines.
    Now the games are worth even less, flaking, rotting, and rusting from two more years in the elements here.
    The backglasses and playfields might be salvageable, but not for long.

#3434 2 years ago

**ROLLER COASTER TYCOON PINBALL MACHINE - EXCELLENT CONDITION!**

akroncanton.craigslist.org link

...$4200

#3435 2 years ago

CL is currently the biggest classified site by volume. It's also free. It's no more risky to use than your local newspaper classified ads were, or the regional papers like Autotrader, Thrifty Nickel, American Classifieds, et. al.

If you're not performing your due diligence by knowing who you're dealing with before meeting it's irrelevant what medium you're using to find the deal.

#3436 2 years ago

What do you do when you have an extra Barracora backglass and a Pharaoh without a backglass? You put them together and invent a new game, Pharracora!

ebay.com link » Pharoah Pinball Classic

Great deal for the collector who has a Pharaoh backglass without a game and a Barracora game sans backglass. Kill two birds with one stone.

#3437 2 years ago

You missed the best part of the listing:

"This pinball has a back glass from a Barracora game the pharoh was broked "

faz

#3438 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

You missed the best part of the listing:
    "This pinball has a back glass from a Barracora game the pharoh was broked "
    faz

The seller took pinball broker lessons from Gorgar.
    "Me Gorgar, sell you."

Continual modern examples of the failure of today's education system.
    It actually is getting rather hard to read many ads today, not considering any of the normal choice of descriptive verbs.
    Borked would have been funnier.

#3439 2 years ago

austin.craigslist.org link
    Asking $3200
    1973 Williams "Fun Fest" Pinball Machine, 4 Player.

#3440 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Asking $3200

Wow, it even comes with keys!

#3441 2 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

Wow, it even comes with keys!

Hopefully they start a car somewhere for that price!

#3442 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Asking $3200

Just go several hundred miles east and you can get one for $2250.00 in Marietta Georgia. This one even has pictures:

ebay.com link » Williams Funfest 1973 Vintage Pinball Machine

#3443 2 years ago

craigslist deals (or using CL in general) is a waste of time and potentially dangerous. I'm long over it personally...... to bet 99 out of 100 Pinsiders check CL daily. If it makes them happy so be it.

There is something to be said for buying from someone on this, or other local boards. For the most part, I think people that come on these type of boards are more knowledgeable than people that isolate. I just bought a pin from a guy I met off CL, he was selling it out a comic book store in Orlando, so for this one anyway, I felt better about meeting this guy knowing nothing about him, at least I could tell my Girlfriend that I went to the X Mall in Orlando -- And that was the last they ever saw of him!!

Seriously though, hanging out on this, or any Pinball tech oriented board, and asking questions makes you a more knowledgeable pinhead, so in short I've had better experiences dealing with folks I met through this, or another local board, as opposed to someone you'll meet on CraigsList.

Anyway, for supposedly being in the business for 15 years, this guy could USE to hang out on this board and learn from some of our knowledgeable advisors.. acebathound quench dothedoo lovef2k roygbev vid1900 and oh so many more. You guys are great.

-Brian

#3444 2 years ago

"very nice bow and arrow pinball machine old antiques needs some work." ($600)

00j0j_7VG2IZ9FBz1_1200x900.jpg

#3445 2 years ago

This was worth a laugh. Is this guy a newbie trying to get his first pin, or is he a CL cut-throat pin-SOB who mis-represents what/who he is.

orlando.craigslist.org link

-B

#3446 2 years ago

About a month ago there was a bally bon voyage for free on snj Craigslist an hour later it was 500 keep in mind it was a decent project now it's down to 350 the 500 post said sorry I did not know how much it was worth but someone told me blah blah blah.

#3447 2 years ago
    Quoted from bdPinball:

This was worth a laugh. Is this guy a newbie trying to get his first pin, or is he a CL cut-throat pin-SOB who mis-represents what/who he is.
    -B

pasted_image (resized).png

#3448 2 years ago

Working or not working? Proper equipment? Cash waiting? Seems like a pro fishing for some deals, lol. Nice touch with the "looking for Christmas cheer" part.

#3449 2 years ago

"nice backglass"

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

00505_4ElLvZtyOr5_600x450 (resized).jpg

#3450 2 years ago
    Quoted from bdPinball:

-B

answer, CL cut-throat pin-SOB who mis-represents what/who he is

There are 6387 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 128.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside