5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,890 posts
  • 833 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by metal-mods
  • Topic is favorited by 190 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,282 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.20.28 PM (resized).png
    2F3C666F-28E1-4AE1-AC6C-127FF5D7BEF9 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200112-234317__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-122632_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Poker (resized).png
    1D4A4CEC-033A-416D-87A7-44917CCC8C28 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.16.03 AM (resized).png
    1qi8cf (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200101-113037 (resized).png
    6FCE4F7D-244B-44DE-90EA-A8294C3B3E5A (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191230-184904__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-083117__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-081551__01 (resized).jpg
    76B56859-1A01-4C2B-9128-C8DBDBB2F21D (resized).jpeg
    fish tales (resized).jpg

There are 6890 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 138.
    #3151 3 years ago

I was the second caller on the t2
    He sold it to the first guy for $100 already.

#3152 3 years ago
    Quoted from hotwheelerguy:

I was the second caller on the t2

Was there a phone number? I only saw the email contact.

#3153 3 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Was there a phone number? I only saw the email contact.

Yep, phone number is there.

#3154 3 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

How the Hell can he tell if the T2 works or not if you can't see the play-field?

Good deal even if the PF is worn wood.
    PCBs are worth the effort. Dust is a bonus here.

#3155 3 years ago

I simply cannot believe this deal for T2!

I hope it HAS a playfield, LOL. Anyway, hope the buyer is a Pinsider, love to hear the outcome of this take home

#3156 3 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This looks like the game was modified to use the doorbell button as a way to add credits to the game

You're a clever one aren't you?

#3157 3 years ago
    Quoted from sneakerpin:

I simply cannot believe this deal for T2!
    I hope it HAS a playfield, LOL. Anyway, hope the buyer is a Pinsider, love to hear the outcome of this take home

Definitely!! I'd like a closer look under the dirt myself. Hopefully a flipper didn't get it

1 week later
    #3158 3 years ago

Hhhm, someone blew a fuse... made me chuckle... couldn't stand the heat on here?

cfl.craigslist.org link

#3159 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Hhhm, someone blew a fuse... made me chuckle... couldn't stand the heat on here?
    cfl.craigslist.org link

Hahaha.. I saw that and thought of you guys... I wonder who he is.. He's local to me!

-Brian

#3161 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

cfl.craigslist.org link

Seems interesting. What pin are they selling? Medusa?

I wonder if there is a redneck multiball?

#3162 3 years ago

Who wouldn't want to trade a pinball for a huge, clown inflatable that won't provide hours of enjoyment?

chicago.craigslist.org link

#3163 3 years ago
    Quoted from 4meansduck:

Who wouldn't want to trade a pinball for a huge, clown inflatable that won't provide hours of enjoyment?

Gotta love ads like this. There should just a generic one: "Attention suckers, I'll trade my worthless crap for your valuable collectibles".

#3164 3 years ago
    Quoted from 4meansduck:

Can't pinball.
    Clown will eat me.

hqdefault_(resized).jpg

#3165 3 years ago
    Quoted from 4meansduck:

"This would be perfect for an arcade or business to use to get peoples attention and attract new customers."

That will NOT attract new customers. I see that thing and I'ma run the other way fast as f&*k before it eats me.

#3166 3 years ago
    Quoted from 4meansduck:

Actually, "Attention suckers, I am a millennial, and I want something for nothing."

It might go well with my Punchy the Clown, or just to scare burglars away.
    I don't have an "BMX bikes to trade" though.
    I most certainly would not be giving him one of my guns.
    Millennials...
    (I found this in a garage, and I thought I could make a quick buck)

#3167 3 years ago

(I found this in a garage, and I thought I could make a quick buck)

I found this in *my parents* garage, and thought I could make a quick buck. I'm really just helping out my parents though. I am 30 years old and I am still in college. Pay off my $100,000 in student loans before my parents go bankrupt. I'm off to the bar, I'm soooo stressed out... YOLO!

#3168 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I found this in *my parents* garage, and thought I could make a quick buck. I'm really just helping out my parents though. I am 30 years old and I am still in college. Pay off my $100,000 in student loans before my parents go bankrupt. I'm off to the bar, I'm soooo stressed out... YOLO!

Actually, he found it in a basement.
    That is where he lives with his parents.
    More truth, than most realize these days.

#3169 3 years ago

Actually, he found it in a basement.
    That is where he lives with his parents.
    More truth, than most realize these days.

I know plenty of Millenials that don't fit this mold. Most don't in my opinion (being that I'm 35 myself and right at the cutoff), and it sucks they get lumped in with them. But such a unusually high number mooch and just never grow up, feeling entitled to everything. Their parents are really at fault for enabling their behavior. I can only hope my own kids don't try this shit when they get older.

Now back on to crazy CL people. The craziest for me was this dude: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scam-alert-tony-pinball

#3170 3 years ago
    Quoted from 4meansduck:

Quoted from Quint:

Can't pinball.
    Clown will eat me.

Destroy_(resized).jpg

#3171 3 years ago

sfbay.craigslist.org link

The funny part is how this seller didn't think this machine was worth 6K a month ago.

#3172 3 years ago

"Like New" Checkpoint for a cool $4200...

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

While I enjoy the watermark on the first photo, I haven't made it to "you- tube to see all the lights and noises it makes."

#3173 3 years ago

Wow, that looks awful. I don't think I'd give more than $50 for it.

ebay.com link » 1978 Kiss Pinball Machine Cabinet Back Box By Bally Free Shipping

pasted_image_(resized).png

1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg

5_(resized).jpg

3_(resized).jpg

4_(resized).jpg

6_(resized).jpg

9_(resized).jpg

8_(resized).jpg

11_(resized).jpg

10_(resized).jpg

7_(resized).jpg

12_(resized).jpg

#3174 3 years ago

Did they mean $14.95 ?????????

Well here is their base line, $15,195

ebay.com link » Bally Kiss Pinball Machine Full Restore Leds

#3175 3 years ago

That KISS is going to get parted out, I guarantee it.
    It is unrepairable for purposes of restoration requirements, not with the effort.
    Playfield is particularly bad, and the water damage to the cabinet basically means "new cabinet built".
    Not to even mention there is no backglass which will be another $300 minimum.
    You might as well start building a machine from scratch.

#3176 3 years ago

That KISS is going to get parted out, I guarantee it.
    It is unrepairable for purposes of restoration requirements, not with the effort.
    Playfield is particularly bad, and the water damage to the cabinet basically means "new cabinet built".
    Not to even mention there is no backglass which will be another $300 minimum.
    You might as well start building a machine from scratch.

I hate parting machines but you are right. It's missing all of the big 3. playfield, backglass, cabinet

#3177 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I hate parting machines but you are right. It's missing all of the big 3. playfield, backglass, cabinet

Yup. Stick a fork in it. It's done.

#3178 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

from the pinball shoppe:

"Haha! You do realise that if this was a complete rebuild it would be going for about $5400.00, right?
    If if were any other game other than KISS, I'd totally agree with you though!"
    Melissa
    The Pinball Shoppe

#3179 3 years ago

Actually, anyone that has done this level of work, knows this is a bad decision.
    "The Pinball Shoppe" knows too, but are being pintarded again with their greed.
    Fairly common now until the next stall.

You cannot recoup your labor costs to repair this machine.
    Most seasoned restorers will understand this period.

$45/hour X400 hours(minimum)=$18K
    If anyone wants to charge $5400 for a restoring a game of this magnitude of current condition, I say "go for it".

Start with finding a proper backglass, and another cabinet that is not falling apart and belt sand it.
    Alternatively, build a new cabinet from scratch.
    Re Stencil and paint.
    Well you have an empty husk.
    They find a $800-1200 playfield that is not trashed and swap it out.
    All boards need recertified, reworked, and repaired.
    All other wires and cabling needs fixed.
    All aspects of the transformer need potentially repaired.

"Haha", most would rather treasure their time.
    This is a piece of trash, which should get parted out to save another machine, or thrown off a roof.
    If this is believe to be so valuable, someone should buy the game for $1500.
    I mean hey, you get free shipping right?
    Have I seen worse?
    Of course, but this is not a classic car frame.

My guess is the game will fall apart before it arrives to the buyer...

#3180 3 years ago

I bought my KISS in roughly similar condition, although it did have legs and power up (GI only when I bought it).... But backglass was missing, playfield was badly worn (but complete) and cabinet was rough (not water damaged but had physical damage and pieces missing)...

So comprable but probably slightly better condition (I did have it playing within 15 minutes of getting it home).... I bought that for 200... Maybe 3 years ago. No way I would have touched it for much more than that then or now... At 1400, I want what their having lol.

But yeah, no accounting of hours I put into it... Backglass, playfield leveling prep and overlay, cab repair prep and paint, plastics, coil driver and lamp driver repairs, many burnt coils, new displays, so much dirt to clean and metal to polish, etc etc... She's nowhere near perfect but looks and plays great now... happy to have saved her from being just parts.

On the preorder for CPR's KISS playfield so i suppose a swap is in my future (some years from now)

#3181 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wow, that looks awful. I don't think I'd give more than $50 for it.
    ebay.com link » 1978 Kiss Pinball Machine Cabinet Back Box By Bally Free Shipping

I was thinking $149.50 just for parts until I saw the water damage and rust.
    Edit: just realized the head and the lower cabinet are two different machines. The fade doesn't match.

#3182 3 years ago

Edit: just realized the head and the lower cabinet are two different machines. The fade doesn't match.

My thoughts exactly, 2 different machines.

#3183 3 years ago

This was probably the parts machine for the restored Kiss they were selling.

#3184 3 years ago

Actually, anyone that has done this level of work, knows this is a bad decision.
    "The Pinball Shoppe" knows too, but are being pintarded again with their greed.
    Fairly common now until the next stall.
    You cannot recoup your labor costs to repair this machine.
    Most seasoned restorers will understand this period.
    $45/hour X400 hours(minimum)=$18K
    If anyone wants to charge $5400 for a restoring a game of this magnitude of current condition, I say "go for it".
    Start with finding a proper backglass, and another cabinet that is not falling apart and belt sand it.
    Alternatively, build a new cabinet from scratch.
    Re Stencil and paint.
    Well you have an empty husk.
    They find a $800-1200 playfield that is not trashed and swap it out.
    All boards need recertified, reworked, and repaired.
    All other wires and cabling needs fixed.
    All aspects of the transformer need potentially repaired.
    "Haha", most would rather treasure their time.
    This is a piece of trash, which should get parted out to save another machine, or thrown off a roof.
    If this is believe to be so valuable, someone should buy the game for $1500.
    I mean hey, you get free shipping right?
    Have I seen worse?
    Of course, but this is not a classic car frame.
    My guess is the game will fall apart before it arrives to the buyer...

Agree with this assessment. If it was worth the effort they would have restored it themselves. Kiss is one of the few games that would be worth at least trying to polish up no matter how big a turd it is because there will most likely be someone willing to buy it but this example no way José-part this puppy out and get what you can for it. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $200-300 at the most ( the boards, displays, wiring, & playfield parts should be worth that much) and that's being generous.

#3185 3 years ago
    Quoted from chucktee:

Agree with this assessment. If it was worth the effort they would have restored it themselves. Kiss is one of the few games that would be worth at least trying to polish up no matter how big a turd it is because there will most likely be someone willing to buy it but this example no way José-part this puppy out and get what you can for it. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $200-300 at the most ( the boards, displays, wiring, & playfield parts should be worth that much) and that's being generous.

Take another look at the backbox. Battery corrosion on the MPU, rust on the transformer assembly, something burned on the lamp driver and corrosion on all the other boards. Maybe ( and it's a stretch) some of the parts under the play field are salvageable, but even they show some rust and missing parts.

#3186 3 years ago

hartford.craigslist.org link

$500 seems a little steep

#3187 3 years ago

Sounds like the sale of this dirty T2 fell through. The guy emailed me out of the blue last night and said it was still available. He asked what I'd pay for it and I told him I'd take a chance at $1000, assuming it didn't look as bad on the inside. He said the minimum he'd take is $2250, because "they seem to sell restored on eBay for $3000-8000".... I told him to email in in a month when it was still available.

3d349b3dd448c97fe7b94f2586ee88b29ee92b79.png_(resized).jpg

#3188 3 years ago

So he went from asking $100, to now thinking it's max value is $8,000?! That's insane.

I missed out on a Dr Who not long ago. He was originally asking $800 and I said I'd buy it and he replied "Never mind on that price. $1600 now. Sold anyway." I didn't even respond to him.

And my most recent purchase was a Firepower. He said "I've seen them go for $3,000 on eBay", but I told him that the condition that it's in, you'll be lucky to get anything for it. So he took $100.

#3189 3 years ago

Every single time I email a Craig's list seller about a game and they don't reply after the ad has been taken down, I email them a couple days later and say if the game is still available, I'll give them $1000 over what their original ask is, just to mess with them.

#3190 3 years ago

If it's any consequence, there are still good people out there.

I just closed a deal for another T2 in collector near HUO condition for $2400.
    He "saved" the machine for me after over 2+ months of being taken down off CL.
    I did not even realize the machine was still for sale as it had been so long.
    Essentially, he left the country on business and this was at his summer vacation ocean home.
    When he returned he called me.

I picked it up yesterday, and it was not only as described, but he did not want more money, since I was direct with him upfront, as the game has not yet been restored.

#3191 3 years ago

If it's any consequence, there are still good people out there.
    I just closed a deal for another T2 in collector near HUO condition for $2400.
    He "saved" the machine for me after over 2+ months of being taken down off CL.
    I did not even realize the machine was still for sale as it had been so long.
    Essentially, he left the country on business and this was at his summer vacation ocean home.
    When he returned he called me.
    I picked it up yesterday, and it was not only as described, but he did not want more money, since I was direct with him upfront, as the game has not yet been restored.

You'd think a "collector near HUO" game would really just need a detailed shop job... not any kind of "restoration". Of course it matters how liberally one uses the term "restored".

#3192 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

You'd think a "collector near HUO" game would really just need a detailed shop job... not any kind of "restoration". Of course it matters how liberally one uses the term "restored".

Well, in the case of the direct machine I was describing, you are correct.

These games do exist, contrary to opinions of others.

Much of what I own now is HUO/NIB/Prototype or Sample direct from factory games.

The photo of T2 "dusty" was not the machine I was referring.

The only thing that this machine needs is a rubber ring kit and waxing. DMD was BRIGHT, brand new, boards bright green.
    Gun handle bright chrome.

100% functional, which was shocking.

A little corrosional indications from salt air, but nothing of terrible concern, as the gentlemen ran a proper dehumidifier and air purifier.

In this case the owner had bought the game NIB for the house in late 1991, paperwork, manuals, goodie bag, etc were still in the cashbox. He has paid a tech a couple times to replace batteries, service, and replace bulbs. Came to the home without hasp option, coin mechs still US brand new.

Game sat in the corner of the house away from windows for 25 years.

The last time the batteries were changed was 2008!

However, the tech has put on a homemade remote battery pack and heavy duty set call batteries.

He knew his job.

He determined his asking price, based on what paid at the time + shipping, which is not that far off market value in 1991/92.

I will post pictures next week on the "finds" thread. The game is unloaded in my garage. I don't have room to permanently set it up.

"Dilligence rewards the pinball collector."

I am going to sell my other T2, as this is the REAL game I have looking for to replace one I sold 10+ years ago.

#3193 3 years ago

Well, in the case of the direct machine I was describing, you are correct.
    These games do exist, contrary to opinions of others.
    Much of what I own now is HUO/NIB/Prototype or Sample direct from factory games.
    The photo of T2 "dusty" was not the machine I was referring.
    The only thing that this machine needs is a rubber ring kit and waxing. DMD was BRIGHT, brand new, boards bright green.
    Gun handle bright chrome.
    100% functional, which was shocking.
    A little corrosional indications from salt air, but nothing of terrible concern, as the gentlemen ran a proper dehumidifier and air purifier.
    In this case the owner had bought the game NIB for the house in late 1991, paperwork, manuals, goodie bag, etc were still in the cashbox. He has paid a tech a couple times to replace batteries, service, and replace bulbs. Came to the home without hasp option, coin mechs still US brand new.
    Game sat in the corner of the house away from windows for 25 years.
    The last time the batteries were changed was 2008!
    However, the tech has put on a homemade remote battery pack and heavy duty set call batteries.
    He knew his job.
    He determined his asking price, based on what paid at the time + shipping, which is not that far off market value in 1991/92.
    I will post pictures next week on the "finds" thread. The game is unloaded in my garage. I don't have room to permanently set it up.
    "Dilligence rewards the pinball collector."
    I am going to sell my other T2, as this is the REAL game I have looking for to replace one I sold 10+ years ago.

Am I supposed to laugh at this? It is in the laughs thread. Good Find.

#3194 3 years ago

It's a nice custom job....but is it really worth it?
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

#3195 3 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

They go on and on about all the hand drawn/no photoshop playfield then not one picture of the playfield?

#3196 3 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

They go on and on about all the hand drawn/no photoshop playfield then not one picture of the playfield?

I agree. Would really like to see the artwork and layout. Can't afford $10k but still curious

#3197 3 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

He has a link to Photobucket right in the description.... http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/lobertje/library/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20Custom%20Pinball
    Pretty nice actually and i would guess at $10,000 he is losing money but thats pinball for ya.

#3198 3 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

I was thinking of getting an interflip dragon

#3199 3 years ago

It is gorgeous and probably worth 10k. It is sinful to do that to a NIB Dragon though.

#3200 3 years ago
    Quoted from 4meansduck:

Halloween's coming. It just needs to be put in the center of a horror corn maze next to a gimp and a chain and an open human sized box.

There are 6890 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 138.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside