Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,876 posts
  • 1,040 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 minutes ago by ManyQuarters
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EK 2  (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    There are 8,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 178.
    #3001 7 years ago

BK2k for 8500? Stop it,just stop it, someone fell down and hit their head!
    Mike

#3002 7 years ago

I like BK2K but not that much. $8500 is a little too rich for my blood....

#3003 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

BK2k for 8500? Stop it,just stop it, someone fell down and hit their head!
    Mike

Well I guess it's not as bad as $100K for a Back to the Future. Still pretty bad, though.

#3004 7 years ago

Bk2k is a cool game. Awesome lights and sounds. Way to right flipper happy though. I only kept it for about a year

#3005 7 years ago

Very nice BK2K, difficult to come by, based on lack of NOS playfields and D1M heat mylar issues.
    This is one is part of the second half of the production run.
    I don't really listen to the "200 plays" part, as this is never true, especially after 26 years.
    In fact when owners do that for sales, it really hurts their credibility.
    The owner will never be able to document that, even if he "hot swapped" the batteries.

I have owned mine since 2000, and it has more than 200 plays since that time, the CL machine looks better than mine from a glance.
    (Recognize any differences on my machine?)

Estimated value for if true documented HUO and purchased NIB is $5500-6000.
    A collector would buy this machine for that price.
    The right "perfect" collector might even push past $6500, but that is pretty desperate, and unlikely.
    If I could really see the playfield, I could tell roughly the number of plays on the machine, but the MagnaSave does look good.

BK2K.jpgBK2K.jpg

#3006 7 years ago

"Home Use Only" my a$$.
    Look at the inserts.
    Cracking, fissures, and insert lifting due to heat from the bulbs.
    Not one, but many, which is a dead giveaway unless an owner left the game on 24 hours a day for weeks.
    Maybe HUO for a couple of years.

http://goo.gl/CnC0Yc

#3007 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Home Use Only" my a$$.
    Look at the inserts.
    Cracking, fissures, and insert lifting due to heat from the bulbs.
    Not one, but many, which is a dead giveaway unless an owner left the game on 24 hours a day for weeks.
    Maybe HUO for a couple of years.
    http://goo.gl/CnC0Yc

Perhaps they used it as a night light? With so few plays, why else would they own a pinball machine?

I think I've put 200 plays on each of my machines within the first month of owning them.

#3008 7 years ago

madison.craigslist.org link

... And politics has reared its ugly head into the utopian world of pinball...

#3009 7 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

Considering Chicago area was/is the main manufacturing hub of pinball and arcade machines, the selection on CL sucks. Very frustrating.
    I've seen more machines on Detroit and even Cincinnati(or somewhere in OH can't remember).

FWIW Seems to be a lot of games on Chicagoland CL right now. Not selling...

#3010 7 years ago

Back to the future $8000

Must be super special

portland.craigslist.org link

#3011 7 years ago
    Quoted from Renegade:

Back to the future $8000
    Must be super special

It's from the future!!

#3012 7 years ago
    Quoted from Renegade:

Back to the future $8000
    Must be super special
    portland.craigslist.org link

In the future, all pinball machines will have prices so high, only a dog can hear them.

#3013 7 years ago

What's this then? Another pinball ransom?! Someone save this pin, before it's too late.

vancouver.craigslist.ca link

#3014 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

What's this then? Another pinball ransom?! Someone save this pin, before it's too late.

HURRY! it's in Surrey!

#3015 7 years ago
    #3016 7 years ago

If person keeps watching the market you will notice certain patterns now across the United States right now.
    European market is completely different.

Due the economy remaining equitable, there are more machines being "brought out of the closet" in rising of secondary market availability, mostly at ridiculous prices that come completely out of left field starting at 2-10x their actual value.
    Non-informed sellers are trying to "cash in" on the craze.
    This is is not being caused by Ebay or any other source directly.
    Some say, "this is not important", but it really is for all future secondary sales of hobbyists.

The resulting action slows sales in the market, as it sometimes take time for individual prices to deflate, if at all.
    If a machine actual sells for anywhere near the asking price, the market inflates upwards again.
    Many time times, the machines just simply "vanish" and go back into storage or their place of business or home.
    The same people say "this is collectible, it MUST be worth this much." (even though it does not work, missing parts, or trashed)

This is a precursor to the market stalling that has happened many times in past, of which the last occurrence was late 2005.
    Notice, I am not stating a "pinball market bubble" as this really does not apply in this hobby.
    I am not projecting an attitude of "doom and gloom" but this coupled with continued price testing of NIB machines, does not afford a healthy outlook on the overall availability of the market in the next couple of years. Eventually, this pushes out the "little fish" and market stalls like a car engine trying to be started again.

I need more data points to draw more definitive directions.
    One of the more direct tipping points to watch is Stern game pricing.
    It is a reflection of the health of the market to consumers.
    NIB games continue to go up in MRSP $500 for new titles (not reruns) every 6-8 months.
    The price ceiling will determine the beginning of the stall, or if games continue to sell at this level.

#3017 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Roller Disco has such a fantastic 70's art package. Hope this gets saved.

#3018 7 years ago

this was posted on The Village BBS thought it was pretty funny so posting it here ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: A guy nearby was advertising 5 pins on craigslist so naturally I call him up.
    Ok first of all most of the games suck from the get go, but the details are the great part.
    A Black Pyramid that is missing the back glass but he replaced it with a sheet of plexi he painted blue.
    A Kings of steel that he crashed his car into in his garage damaging the front and the legs, but he made new legs out of wood and painted them with fluorescent paint.
    A Stern "Pinball" that was missing a bunch of inserts so he fiber glassed PENNIES into the insert holes
    A Williams darling that had a rusty ball in it that wore all the paint off the play field.
    Last of all a Gottlieb Genesis that he won off eBay that he " has to get 4000 dollars" for.
    Unfortunately no pics?.
    Ya gotta love Craigslist!

#3019 7 years ago

I want to see the $4K GTB Genesis.
    I have hated that game for over 30+ years, including the silver doll.

#3020 7 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

"Appraised" at $2,400 but selling for $1,500? With that kind of fade and no play-field pictures? ... Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Shouldn't have made too much fun of this one. I just picked this one up. An older female couple owned this for 30 years. Yes it is faded, but the cabinet is rock solid. Backglass has minor imperfections, has an Alltek MPU in it, and it is a working game.

The $2400 appraisal was from the hack service person who had been repairing this. I certainly didn't pay the $1500, but this one wasn't really a laugher considering the value of these as-is.

This is a restoration machine for me and I may actually do a restore thread on this one.

#3021 7 years ago

Poor OXO. The legs picture is really funny lookin' though.

Probably way too expensive for a playfield with marks on it but doesn't look that that bad if somebody could talk them down big time, too.

"Vintage mid century pinball coffee table - $250 (Bensalem)"

"Vintage pinball coffee table
    Mid century
    Super cool"

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

00D0D_lGwqJJsHT2q_600x450_(resized).jpg00D0D_lGwqJJsHT2q_600x450_(resized).jpg
    00n0n_5IW62owYvHD_600x450_(resized).jpg00n0n_5IW62owYvHD_600x450_(resized).jpg
    00606_7NAu3HlDQ2d_600x450_(resized).jpg00606_7NAu3HlDQ2d_600x450_(resized).jpg

#3022 7 years ago

LOL Tecumseh

#3023 7 years ago

I thought you're supposed to get a discount for buying in bulk. Seems like prices multiplied for this one.

stlouis.craigslist.org link

#3024 7 years ago

I'm seriously contemplating picking this one up!!!!

baltimore.craigslist.org link

#3026 7 years ago

EBAY laugh!

Zizzle Pirates of The Caribbean Pinball Arcade Game **EXTREMELY RARE** $2625.00

ebay.com link: Zizzle Pirates of The Caribbean Pinball Arcade Game EXTREMELY RARE

#3027 7 years ago

The CL prices here in Michigan are getting totally out of bounds. You see ok deals occasionally, but it's getting less frequent. Too many people looking to ebay for pricing. The prices will correct to what people will pay eventually or they'll be sitting on them a long time.

#3028 7 years ago

If it is any hope for new collectors, if you work with good brokers and dealers, all prices are generally negotiable INCLUDING NIB games.
    If they are not, walk the $#!@ away, as that means they are generally not the person you want to deal with overall.
    I can give plenty of good recommendations across the United States.
    This will change again soon within the next 2-5 years, as least for a short respite.

Only private sellers middle names are HIGH represent the sign of the pinball TIMES we live in right now in the hobby.
    Some collectors are smoking serious chronic right now trying to unloaded their overmodded machines, and NOBODY is willing to buy them.
    We are talking $2-4K or MORE.
    Eventually, they ALWAYS sell for a loss.

I keep laughing at an owner in Spokane, WA who has listed every single one of his machines between $6-10K, overmodded with LEDs, powder coating, mirror blades, and other whizbangs which squat continuously in a corner for MONTHS.
    One memorable machine still is his ToM with CV scrolls on top, clearly another $500 right? $8000.
    On the other hand, the same owner has a CV but no scrolls, but has pink powder coating on the entire game. $8500.
    Same person has iceberg white powder coating on a Whitewater, all white mountains, and completely destroyed the entire game with blue LEDs that you cannot see anything on the playfield. $7000, dropped from $8000.
    The rest of his crap is in the $9500 range, and some ridiculously overloaded my eyes are melting.
    He just had way too much invested, and now he realizes he is in SERIOUS debt, and in a pit of despair.

The few that were not outrageously priced, did sell, but that was a long time ago.
    He is trying to cash out, and he is losing BIG, an average of $2-3K on every machine he wasted money on.

Dealers won't even touch these type of games for buy out, as other collectors do not want them.
    Seriously, they DON'T want them at all, and laugh when offered, because it costs more money to bring them back to factory specifications.

#3029 7 years ago

The fugly led jobs are always at least 1k overpriced and I won't give them the time of day as a general rule. Makes for interesting conversations when I do talk to them.

#3030 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I'm seriously contemplating picking this one up!!!!
    baltimore.craigslist.org link

It was $9550 the other day so it is a real bargain now!

#3031 7 years ago

I'm looking to *add* to my collection, and I have cash to do it with, but reality is that those people who think their machine is worth more now than it was when it was NIB, and it's not NIB (sometimes *seriously* so!) are smoking crack.

There's been a crazy amount of bone-smoking going on in this "hobby" the last couple of years. Reality is that these are electro-mechanical devices and they deteriorate. Playfields, plastics, electronics, wiring, mechanicals. If you replace all of the above and it's back to NIB condition then it's worth a NIB price -- at the time it was made!

I've bought two NIB machines and two prototypes. One of the prototypes has some little niggles; it's my Safecracker. I love that machine and will never sell it, but it's.... unique. The other is a No Fear. I also own the two Pin2K games, both bought NIB straight out of the back of the factory dock when I lived in Chicago. My RFM has something like 2500 plays on it, according to the audits, and it's accurate -- the PRISM card hasn't had to have its battery replaced (yet.)

I've had others that have come and gone, and presently one of the "come" is Apollo 13, which I got at a reasonable price. It was pretty screwed up electrically and mechanically, but in terms of playfield and plastics it's in good shape, cabinet is good, translate is fine and it had no acid damage. One TIP122 was blown up (literally blown up) and a few other minor board problems were present, but those were reasonably-easy to fix and it was filthy, so it required a near-complete strip-down, and Sega doesn't make that easy. If you had paid someone to fix all the mechanical and electrical things you'd have been into it for a solid 2-3 days worth of work, or a couple of grand at reasonable labor rates plus parts.

What's that game worth in the market *before* that work? $800, 900 maybe? Yep. What did I pay for it? Guess. It's 100% now mechanically and electrically, I redid the GI and controlled lighting in LED the way I like it, fixed the board, electrical and mechanical issues (of which there were many) and just converted the flipper mechs to Williams baseplates and mechanicals. It now plays *better* than new (for that reason) but it's still not worth more than the NIB price, because it simply isn't better than new on-balance.

You want to try to sell me a half-screwed Addams Family for $4k? Go right ahead and try -- but you're not getting my money. That's more than the NIB price which means it needs to be *better* than new, and you know damn well it's not -- they never are, and on Craigslist that's especially the case.

There's a half-dozen machines I'd pay somewhere close to NIB prices if they're in somewhere close to NIB condition. Addams Family is one of them. One of the others is Funhouse. But look -- I can LED a machine for $100 all day long, the way I want it done, so to me the value in such is zero because the way you did it is probably not the way I want it, which means it's worth zero to me -- and even if it *was* the way I'd like it the value is still small, because the cost of doing it is small. It's that simple when you get down to it.

#3032 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

It was $9550 the other day so it is a real bargain now!

Wow, a $4000 decrease in asking price in just a few days. At this rate the game will be free within a week. (Not holding my breath, however.)

#3033 7 years ago

Oh man. I would LOVE this collection. As the CL ad says, it's "gathering dust" in his warehouse. Now, what would 15 minutes and some Windex have done for the only picture in this ad? C'mon! You have a great collection - spruce it up!

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#3034 7 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Now, what would 15 minutes and some Windex have done for the only picture in this ad?

That's vintage dust. ..Adds $500 to each machine .

#3035 7 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Oh man. I would LOVE this collection. As the CL ad says, it's "gathering dust" in his warehouse. Now, what would 15 minutes and some Windex have done for the only picture in this ad? C'mon! You have a great collection - spruce it up!

Well at least it looks to be in a climate controlled environment

#3036 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Hurry $9950 baltimore.craigslist.org link

Haha I came to offer up this one. Great news though, looks like the price has been SLASHED since your posting. baltimore.craigslist.org link

Only $5950 for this wonderful Hardbody featuring "female bodybuilder Rachel McLish...who became the first Ms Olympia. This model has the scantily clad body builders, not the European version with women in gym clothing!"

Thanks for clarifying.

#3037 7 years ago

Can't believe someone in Nashville area hasn't snatched this!

nashville.craigslist.org link

#3038 7 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

17600n_(resized).jpg17600n_(resized).jpg

#3039 7 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

$20,000 By Christmas !

#3040 7 years ago

This is a good topic I check it through the course of the day to get a laugh

#3041 7 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

The 10 or so ripoff land ads are getting kinda annoying. Thanks

Also think they are too many WTB ads, they should be in separate section.

#3042 7 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

Also think they are too many WTB ads

I'm ok with WTB ads if they are looking for something specific (even 2-3 titles) rather than waiting for a grail pin to just pop up. Just placing a "I'll buy any pinball you have for sale" is clearly someone looking to buy a pin and flip it.

#3043 7 years ago

CAPCOM'S Breakshot pinball machine - $400 (Sturbridge) ??? Someone might understand this, I don't... is there really a machine here ???

worcester.craigslist.org link

#3044 7 years ago

Ho hum, tell us how your pinball guessing games goes if you play his game...

No Fear, $ I'm thinking of a number!

lexington.craigslist.org link

#3045 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

??? Someone might understand this, I don't... is there really a machine here ???

I'm guessing when he went to place the ad, he accidentally copied an excerpt from a novel he's working on.

#3046 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm ok with WTB ads if they are looking for something specific (even 2-3 titles) rather than waiting for a grail pin to just pop up. Just placing a "I'll buy any pinball you have for sale" is clearly someone looking to buy a pin and flip it.

Actually there are multiple ways to discourage this "hard flipper" behavior.
    The difference between a hard and soft flippers, is soft flippers keep the games if they like them, although many still do try to get around $300-500 extra than their sales price to make a few bucks often. I guess you could call this a "finder's fee"? If the machine is exceptional condition that is fine, but normally they are player models, not superb or collector quality.

If a person constantly bombards CL with these ads, you autobot him back with spam selling responses.
    Once his inbox is filled with these, he/she has to constantly change email addresses, which eventually except for the hardcore give up.
    Generally, this takes a couple of months to be effective.

Another method is to go after these types when they say things like "I will buy entire collections", which would never apply unless it was a warehouse raid, which takes time and experience to set up, they do not come out of the blue these days.
    They cannot afford collections of any sort of quality as they are not dealers as cash flow on large collections can be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    I target these people if specifically annoying, as they are the hard flippers.
    I redirect them to my collection pinball owners page, and tell them to "make me an offer to buy me out" coupled with storage for rest of remaining machines.
    You NEVER hear back from them, and if done enough times by multiple collectors, make it difficult for them to approach anyone without continuously changing aliases.
    They start to realize they are being watched, and overwatched by long term collectors trying to help others.
    They get nervous, and options start to dry up.
    Essentially, you run them out of town, but this takes much more time and multiple attempts until they get the message.

Portland and Seattle have their share of both types, but only a few are the type that really need to be shut down.

#3047 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Ho hum, tell us how your pinball guessing games goes if you play his game...
    No Fear, $ I'm thinking of a number!
    lexington.craigslist.org link

1) He needs to learn to NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE A COMPLETE MORON
    2) This is not a job interview to determine salary of "pay scale" a person can buy from regarding a machine
    3) This is not an aunty auction

Enough on this one.

#3048 7 years ago

Would you buy... a pin... from... this... man... ??? This pic made me laugh... Needs caption...

BuyMyPin_(resized).jpgBuyMyPin_(resized).jpg

#3049 7 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

I'm pretty sure we have learned that autographs add at least 5k to the price. just look at that star wars that was on pinside a few years ago lol..

#3050 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Would you buy... a pin... from... this... man... ??? This pic made me laugh... Needs caption...

That's a member on here, Turboderf. he's a great guy and honest to deal with.

There are 8,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.