Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 178.
    #2901 7 years ago

"Affect" and "effect" improper grammar use has always made me a little agitated. But, most people equate me to wearing my other hat for those that missed it the first time.

41YFDTDRCFL._SL1500__(resized).jpg41YFDTDRCFL._SL1500__(resized).jpg

#2902 7 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Well.... I guess I needed to use the sarcasm flag.

No, I picked up on it. And then ran with it.

#2903 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lithonion:

Straight Shooter in St. Joseph, MO I like the "When it use to work" part of the description. 2500.00
    stjoseph.craigslist.org link

I wonder what's up with the glass that covers *most* of the playfield. Real glass broke so they found a window that sort of fit?

#2904 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

I "too" would like "to" see one or 'two" of these

Et tu?

#2905 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I wonder what's up with the glass that covers *most* of the playfield. Real glass broke so they found a window that sort of fit?

Thats the latest thing in convenience... Ball about to drain? Just slide the glass up and flick it back into play. You can't get that just anywhere, bumps the price by at least 1k by itself.

#2906 7 years ago

Lets get back to the laughs. A $3,000 Fireball. But hey, he wants to make sure know that this is not the cheap crappy arcade version, this is the very rare professional home version.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#2907 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Lets get back to the laughs. A $3,000 Fireball. But hey, he wants to make sure know that this is not the cheap crappy arcade version, this is the very rare professional home version.

I am going to provide a courteous professional email explaining his asking price is roughly 10x its' value, if it works properly.

#2908 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I am going to provide a courteous professional email explaining his asking price is roughly 10x its' value, if it works properly.

Please post his response here if its humorous/thick skulled

#2909 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

This moron described the arcade version in the ad. And is clearly not aware that Bally made thousands of the home model as well. SMDH.

#2910 7 years ago

kansascity.craigslist.org link

$2900 for a Road Kings? It does have a lot of 'original' parts though! And some display problems. Sorry, this game is *never* worth $2900.

#2911 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

kansascity.craigslist.org link
    $2900 for a Road Kings? It does have a lot of 'original' parts though! And some display problems. Sorry, this game is *never* worth $2900.

"Part of Owners Manual is missing"

#2912 7 years ago

Hahaha!

buffalo.craigslist.org link

Star Trek Pro Pinball Machine - $5100

Bought NIB and still looks like I just slid it out of the box.
    Has the Aurich Translite and speaker panel overlay. (still have the originals)
    Changed the backbox T moulding to black and it looks much better. (still have the original)
    Goodie bag is still stapled inside except for the one that the manual was in.
    Price is pretty firm, will consider trades.
    If you are from Pinside the price is $10,000 because most of you suck and your Moderators are even worse, You people have two sets of rules so I have two sets of prices. Live with it you Pricks

#2913 7 years ago

Oh Boy, that should light a fire....LOL

#2914 7 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Hahaha!
    buffalo.craigslist.org link
    Star Trek Pro Pinball Machine - $5100
    Price is pretty firm.

What's that suppose to mean? Firm if you're from Pinside?

#2915 7 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

If you are from Pinside the price is $10,000 because most of you suck and your Moderators are even worse, You people have two sets of rules so I have two sets of prices. Live with it you Pricks

Lol good one

#2916 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Lets get back to the laughs. A $3,000 Fireball.

I'd love to ask him to show me any of the "features" that he lists the game as having. Obviously, he's never really played the game he has or taken a look at the features of the game.

Dave

#2917 7 years ago

Great looking Stern Nascar for sale! Looks like a custom job with the white trim

#2918 7 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

Great looking Stern Nascar for sale! Looks like a custom job with the white trim

LOL! Its a blurry picture of the flyer... Can't even swing a blurry picture of the game itself, tisk tisk.

#2919 7 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

I'd love to ask him to show me any of the "features" that he lists the game as having. Obviously, he's never really played the game he has or taken a look at the features of the game.
    Dave

Well, the home model does have pop bumpers.
    Not hard to see the game does not have a spinning disk.
    I did provide a courtesy email with details regarding inaccuracies with respect.

I have owned both games, although I threw the home model in the trash 25+ years ago, as at the time there was not much information out in the wild on how to repair the boards, and only a couple of did the work (and still do).

#2920 7 years ago

Holy fballs...
    "Queen of the High Seas" must be coming out of the cabinet to give a free BJ between games.
    Especially with that cabinet.
    Maybe its the LEDs.

ebay.com link: BALLY BLACK ROSE PINBALL MACHINE LEDs FREE SHIPPING SEE DETAILS

#2921 7 years ago

Holy fballs...
    "Queen of the High Seas" must be coming out of the cabinet to give a free BJ between games.

Choo Choo Pinball typical retail pricing but will be negotiate.

#2922 7 years ago

Big Indian for sale on Craigslist in my area but whole cabinet and head painted black. Why would someone do that? It ruined the machine

#2923 7 years ago

Ghostbusters LE Pinball Machine - $14000 (walnut creek)

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Stern Ghostbusters LE Pinball Machine
    New in box !

#2924 7 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

New in box !

Ask them how it fits in there with that Monopoly taking up all the room.

Monopoly_Pinball_in_Box_1_(resized).jpgMonopoly_Pinball_in_Box_1_(resized).jpg

#2925 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2926 7 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

New in box !

Reported for immediate scam, blacklist of account, private message of considerate warning, and individual ad marked for removal as prohibited.
    Sometimes diligence and extra effort is needed to protect others.

#2927 7 years ago

Reported for immediate scam, blacklist of account, and individual ad marked for removal as prohibited.
    Sometimes diligence and extra effort is needed to protect others.

And the ad is down. Heh.

#2928 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Ask them how it fits in there with that Monopoly taking up all the room.

Do they honestly think people are that stupid??
    Wait. Don't answer that

#2929 7 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

Do they honestly think people are that stupid??
    Wait. Don't answer that

I think this falls under the "it only takes one idiot" rule.

Maybe they land the perfect storm of stupid.

A non pinhead that wouldn't know that LEs aren't out yet.
    One that wouldn't immediately see that that image had been photoshopped.
    One that REALLY REALLY likes ghostbusters.
    They have a load of disposable income, and are willing to throw it around without looking to see what something should cost.

And of course, they'd have to then be willing to wait for the machine, not questioning why they can't have the one that was shown in the ad.

Now wishing I had responded to the ad saying I'd take it, but only if I could get it immediately.

#2930 7 years ago

Ok this one is just a funny one. Kudos to the seller!

cleveland.craigslist.org link

#2931 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Ok this one is just a funny one.

But......I don't like tea and crumpets....my phone doesn't have the Chinese guy imoji and I have laryngitis so I can't speak in Thor's voice....... crap

#2932 7 years ago

Lol! My favorite line:
    ...taken up a flight of about 12 stairs. Maybe 13. The last one is trying really hard to be a stair but, well, you know. It's really sad.

#2933 7 years ago

Here's an actual "barn find".
    portland.craigslist.org link

Someone's been watching too much American Pickers. He wants $15,000. From the pics it would seem the only thing with any value is the pins, and they look like they've been sitting in the barn (with Oregon rainy winters) for 20 years. I was going to (generously) offer him $3K, but I figured he'd just be insulted.

#2934 7 years ago
    Quoted from padarjohn:

Here's an actual "barn find".
    portland.craigslist.org link
    Someone's been watching too much American Pickers. He wants $15,000. From the pics it would seem the only thing with any value is the pins, and they look like they've been sitting in the barn (with Oregon rainy winters) for 20 years. I was going to (generously) offer him $3K, but I figured he'd just be insulted.

You might not be aware, but those games have been up for sale for well over a year here.
    On CL they were listed for at least the last 8 months.

Many local collectors have offered to buy them and save them, but owner refuses to sell at a reasonable price, thinking they are made of "gold". Reality is they are going to rot where they are, and perhaps the backglasses and playfields may be salvageable someday, but most likely not.
    Such is the life of a pinball collector.

#2935 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Ok this one is just a funny one. Kudos to the seller!

I keep reading this - hilarious.

#2936 7 years ago

Sorry this isnt a pinball ad but it Laughs of CR greatness

1969 Corvette Convertible, was a 350ci 350hp, car was in fire, engine caught on fire. Frame is perfect, convertible top is good, except canvas, bumpers good, engine and trans not included, was a 4-speed, has Title and tag, First $4500 takes it. Call

detroit.craigslist.org link

vette_(resized).jpgvette_(resized).jpg

#2937 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

1969 Corvette Convertible, was a 350ci 350hp, car was in fire, engine caught on fire. Frame is perfect, convertible top is good, except canvas, bumpers good, engine and trans not included, was a 4-speed, has Title and tag, First $4500 takes it. Call

Everyone relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear end. It's only 4500 and probably new rings, mufflers, a little wiring.

#2938 7 years ago

I bought the Vette. Replaced a fuse and now she purrs like a kitten.

#2939 7 years ago

A little miracle-glow and she'll be good as new!

#2940 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Nothing surprises me anymore.
    I think I'll list this on CL!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2941 7 years ago

Not CL but eBay. I saw this looking for some artwork of Cleveland.

ebay.com link: Steph curry AIR after wining final golden state cleveland

#2942 7 years ago
    Quoted from Herm:

Everyone relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear end. It's only 4500 and probably new rings, mufflers, a little wiring.

Ghostbusters is the best movie ever!

#2943 7 years ago

"Hey guys, I got an idea. Let's take this pinball machine we know absolutely nothing about, put it in front of the the crapiest wall we can find in our furniture store and take a dozen photos". Oh, and let us not forget to put a ridiculous price on it.
    G Domino EM $1995.00

#2944 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

"Hey guys, I got an idea. Let's take this pinball machine we know absolutely nothing about, put it in front of the the crapiest wall we can find in our furniture store and take a dozen photos". Oh, and let us not forget to put a ridiculous price on it.
    G Domino EM $1995.00

But they say it's "Priced to sell"

#2945 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

put it in front of the the crapiest wall we can find in our furniture store and take a dozen photos

That's a vintage artisan wall.

#2946 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's a vintage artisan wall.

I was going to say the exact same thing! You beat me to it.

#2947 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

G Domino EM $1995.00

"Vintage condition"=we didn't do shit to it in terms of cleaning/repairs. We just plugged it into an outlet and hope it works enough for us to sell it.

#2948 7 years ago
    Quoted from chucktee:

"Vintage condition"=we didn't do shit to it in terms of cleaning/repairs. We just plugged it into an outlet and hope it works enough for us to sell it.

I actually thought you were talking about the Valpo IN flipper.......my bad

#2949 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

G Domino EM $1995.00

This is called "retro photography" in regards to sales marketing.
    It is actually a very successful means to sell items off the concept of nostalgia.
    It works.
    The game is not in bad condition either, and the price is a "dealer cost" at little over 2X value for the title, which is typical.
    Not sure what most enthusiasts expect out of an EM of this age.
    It is not a "crap" machine.
    The targeted audience for sale is NOT pinball collectors.
    If you understand some of the market idiosyncrasies, it is a little easier to see what happened here.

#2950 7 years ago

No matter what the case, IMO , the dealer overpaid and I think it's a bit overpriced considering it hasn't even been looked at yet. I do agree though, the vintage wall will help the sale to the right audience.

There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.