5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,909 posts
  • 835 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Diospinball
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,289 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E3D86D96-3789-476A-9FDB-254FC6B0CEBF (resized).jpeg
    CL1 (2) (resized).jpg
    wagon train (resized).jpg
    Pinballmachine (resized).png
    2A618F8D-EAAF-4800-AAB1-92DD4C2EC858 (resized).png
    PinballShark (resized).JPG
    JJP PoC (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.20.28 PM (resized).png
    2F3C666F-28E1-4AE1-AC6C-127FF5D7BEF9 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200112-234317__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-122632_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Poker (resized).png
    1D4A4CEC-033A-416D-87A7-44917CCC8C28 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.16.03 AM (resized).png
    1qi8cf (resized).jpg

There are 6909 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 139.
    #2701 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

atlanta.craigslist.org link

Is that your CL ad or did you just stumble upon it? Funny nonetheless! I've watched that guy's ads for years and followed comments about him on the forums. I'm surprised anyone ever buys from him. Some poor suckers are certainly getting ripped off!

#2702 3 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

Is that your CL ad or did you just stumble upon it? Funny nonetheless! I've watched that guy's ads for years and followed comments about him on the forums. I'm surprised anyone ever buys from him. Some poor suckers are certainly getting ripped off!

not my add Bro just saw it while searching & thought it belonged here

#2703 3 years ago

I had to ask. I would've been impressed because somebody needs to bust his balls!

#2704 3 years ago

Wow these sell for $5-$11000! $6500 all day! Lol And in the top 10 all time list.... I love funhouse but....

image_(resized).png

#2705 3 years ago

stjoseph.craigslist.org link

Pinball machine vintage - $2500

For sale only. No trades.

1 vintage pinball machine.

Straight Shooter

5 cent coin operated.

Does not work.

Back when it did work the coin system was bypassed allowing it to be played for free.

$2500.00

St. Joseph, Mo.

00Z0Z_a935AyZfwrH_600x450_(resized).jpg

#2706 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

atlanta.craigslist.org link

Wow......"Tell us how you really feel"

#2707 3 years ago

saw this on E-BARF: RARE RARE 1975 FAST DRAW Pinball Machine Gottlieb Coin Operated Arcade NR

ebay.com link » Rare Rare 1975 Fast Draw Pinball Machine Gottlieb Coin Operated Arcade Nr

start bid 2000.00
    buy it now $10,000.00 ( dont have to wait for Christmas )

#2708 3 years ago

And I thought the Kiss machine was bad.

#2709 3 years ago

I am still waiting for the owner of the PNW Funhouse to respond to my request where the last Funhouse was sold at $11k based on his experience.

I must have missed a high end restoration with a NOS clearcoat PF swap, or a warehouse NIB raid in the last decade somewhere during my collector lifetime. The highest I have ever seen sold to date publicly was $9500, and that was basically "brand new everything" including new decals, playfield, plastics, ramps, and parts. It was a REALLY nice game.
    Privately, I actually saw one push past $10k, but that was a complete fluke during an even "crazier" period, and another high end personal restoration.

$5k for a Funhouse with cabinet fading, playfield wear, broken plastics, and cracked ramps is a more than stretch.
    The number of Funhouses that "regularly" sell for $6500 is ZERO.

I guess this post constitutes wearing my hat, today.

e8051d8574d8eed5d1f0f0f4e54a1950_(resized).jpg

#2710 3 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I guess this post constitutes wearing my hat, today.

Nice topper though...

#2711 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

saw this on E-BARF: RARE RARE 1975 FAST DRAW Pinball Machine Gottlieb Coin Operated Arcade NR
    ebay.com link » Rare Rare 1975 Fast Draw Pinball Machine Gottlieb Coin Operated Arcade Nr
    start bid 2000.00
    buy it now $10,000.00 ( dont have to wait for Christmas )

You know it's sketchy when the poster uses the "R" word twice in the description.

...$599.99 ... in that condition?
    ebay.com link » Original Vintage 1973 Williams Fun Fest Pinball Machine

#2712 3 years ago

Price is fair nice playfield but the way they folded the head is awsome. They folded it with the head bolts in!
    Also the Feel the power in the ad title is from whirlwind not firepower

ebay.com link » Firepower Pinball Machine Williams 1980 Feel The Power

"The back panel of the backboard and the particle board panel on the back do have some wear at the bottom -- though not readily visible."

cab_(resized).jpg

#2713 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Price is fair nice playfield but the way they folded the head is halirous. They folded it with the head bolts in!
    "The back panel of the backboard and the particle board panel on the back do have some wear at the bottom -- though not readily visible."

Looks like they lost the back box keys.

#2714 3 years ago

Ya its not even the fold down type.

#2715 3 years ago

"FEEL the POWER"...of the crowbar.
    Nice.
    I did not realize people stopped owning power drills these days.
    "Hey man, this backbox won't seem to fold down, can you help me?"
    "No problem, got it covered."
    (Insert Hee Haw song)

YES. WINNER!

#2716 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Ya its not even the fold down type.

A fold down type doesn't exist. Firepower never had back box hinges

#2717 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Price is fair nice playfield but the way they folded the head is awsome. They folded it with the head bolts in!

I like how he states that it's an (official arcade version) Lol. Wonder what he thinks an unofficial one looks like. And that Texas license decal makes it mega rare

#2718 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I can hear that nasty CRRRRRRACK of the splitting plywood in my head right now.

#2719 3 years ago

Those nylon button feet look pristine. Like they've never even touched the ground
    faz

#2720 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I can't believe no one has yet posted a question to the auction like "Why in gods name did you tear the head off the cabinet instead of just removing the bolts?"

#2721 3 years ago

So this may not be quite a laugh exactly but I saw a Road Show on CL listed for $3400

I contacted the seller to ask some questions, and got down to $2900 basically out of the gate, I mentioned to him I was not a flipper and had other games, to which he replied my games were all boat anchors except for my TZ and this road show would be my "2nd funnest".
    I asked some questions, got no answers and after asking for more detailed photos I got none. I let it go.

youngstown.craigslist.org link

This morning I get a text message "2700 come and get it" you can read the rest below...

Was I too difficult? I think that I asked pretty simple questions, especially given that the guy somewhat qualified he was knowledgeable about pins I suppose by knocking my games, The Shadow, Twilight Zone (1st funnest!), Johnny Mnemonic, Family Guy, Jurassic Park, Monopoly, Black Hole.

I wonder if the pin even exists.

If someone ends up with this game let me know how the deal went down.

cl-laugh_(resized).jpg

Also hate dealing with people who do not know the difference between "to" "too" and "two"

#2722 3 years ago

looks like a credit dot in the second pic

#2723 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

So this may not be quite a laugh exactly but I saw a Road Show on CL listed for $3400
    I contacted the seller to ask some questions, and got down to $2900 basically out of the gate, I mentioned to him I was not a flipper and had other games, to which he replied my games were all boat anchors except for my TZ and this road show would be my "2nd funnest".
    I asked some questions, got no answers and after asking for more detailed photos I got none. I let it go.
    This morning I get a text message "2700 come and get it" you can read the rest below...
    Was I too difficult? I think that I asked pretty simple questions, especially given that the guy somewhat qualified he was knowledgeable about pins I suppose by knocking my games, The Shadow, Twilight Zone (1st funnest!), Johnny Mnemonic, Family Guy, Jurassic Park, Monopoly, Black Hole.

Also hate dealing with people who do not know the difference between "to" "too" and "two"

Honestly, I think you went slightly overboard with peppering the guy with questions. Although, requesting photos would be perfectly reasonable.

#2724 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Honestly, I think you went slightly overboard with peppering the guy with questions. Although, requesting photos would be perfectly reasonable.

Perhaps, but the previous conversation left me very uncomfortable to begin with, in combination with him offering to send photos yesterday that never came, I felt like I needed to cover my ass.

Nothing better than driving out an hour to get mugged or worse...

I would post yesterday's exchange with him, it but I had deleted the texts from yesterday before I went to bed.

#2725 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Whoah! I saw this earlier this morning, but I didn't scroll all the way to the end! "Hardly noticeable!"

-dp

#2726 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I like how he states that it's an (official arcade version) Lol. Wonder what he thinks an unofficial one looks like.

th_(resized).jpg

#2727 3 years ago

An unofficial one might look like this:

s-l1600_(resized).jpg

#2728 3 years ago
    Quoted from newpinbin:

And I thought the Kiss machine was bad.

In the interest of not being shitty to fellow Pinsiders, if you want to tell Jay you think he's asking too much for it please do it privately. I play that game all the time and it's really nice. Show a little respect, a lot of work went into that one.

WP_20160423_009_(resized).jpg

#2729 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

lol I think you geeked out on him with all the questions for sure! There's no reason someone can't snap more pics for a possible buyer. Craigslist allows about 24 pictures per ad. Hmmm wonder why, sellers?

#2730 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

This is a good laugh but if this was closer I would jump on it. Been looking for one for a while and they always have damage I can't fix. A cabinet is any easy fix even if it doesn't work the pinball stuff is all doable. Repainting the playfield is outside my skillset and they always seem to be trashed on Firepower.

#2731 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Yea.. $510 would be worth a gamble based on the condition of everything else. wouldn't be a big deal to cut a new piece of wood and drill 4 holes and glue it in.

Quoted from EvanDickson:

I can't believe no one has yet posted a question to the auction like "Why in gods name did you tear the head off the cabinet instead of just removing the bolts?"

Description says they didn't have the keys, hence you can't access the bolts. Of course replacing a $3 lock is a little easier than replacing a chunk of wood. Not like the coinbox has a lock either.

#2732 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLeRiC:

lol I think you geeked out on him with all the questions for sure! There's no reason someone can't snap more pics for a possible buyer. Craigslist allows about 24 pictures per ad. Hmmm wonder why, sellers?

From the conversation the previous evening, he seemed knowledgable, so I figured we could cut through the BS and he could give me a run down on the game prior to making a 2 hour round trip. He sketched me out, after saying he would send pics twice and never doing it, then after I told him I wasn't interested anymore, he hit me up this morning $200 less than the night before. Maybe not a laugh, but seems a bit scammy to me.

#2733 3 years ago

May you all gawk & laugh at my CL ads.

Demolition Man: sfbay.craigslist.org link

Dirty Harry: sfbay.craigslist.org link

20160526_114957-1_(resized).jpg

#2734 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLeRiC:

With an ad like that, I don't think there's anything wrong with tossing him a few questions. Even though there were quite a few, they are certainly reasonable and could all be answered within 5 minutes with a return call after receiving the texts. Judging from the brevity of the seller's texts back to Bos98, the seller seems like an ass. Unfortunately CL is filled with them.

#2735 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Your text came off pretty bad, "my time is valuable" Give me answers or else..., kind of dickish. If I were the seller I would have said about the same.

#2736 3 years ago

I think we all like as many details as we can possibly get as a buyer before committing. Especially if travel time is involved. With that said when selling I often favor the path of least resistance. The 20 questions and a million photographs guys can be a real pain. I'd much rather have someone local just come and look than go through a bunch of back and forth. I don't deal with DMD machines though and I know expectations are generally higher.

#2737 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_in_NC:

Your text came off pretty bad, "my time is valuable" Give me answers or else..., kind of dickish. If I were the seller I would have said about the same.

I won't even deal with a text.
    I don't have a texting phone, and each text I send or receive costs me $.25

#2738 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I think we all like as many details as we can possibly get as a buyer before committing. Especially if travel time is involved. With that said when selling I often favor the path of least resistance. The 20 questions and a million photographs guys can be a real pain. I'd much rather have someone local just come and look than go through a bunch of back and forth. I don't deal with DMD machines though and I know expectations are generally higher.

Problem with the 20 questions/million photograph types is that no matter how many pictures/videos/vouches from others who have played your machine they will still show up and break out the magnifying glass and try to find one imperfection that wasn't identified and then act as if you were trying to deceive them or shake them down for an extra $100. Sheesh, just move along and I'm sure you'll find that CQ example at a bargain price and be the first to respond when it's listed. Amazing that their collection usually ends up being beaters and parts machines.

#2739 3 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Problem with the 20 questions/million photograph types is that no matter how many pictures/videos/vouches from others who have played your machine they will still show up and break out the magnifying glass and try to find one imperfection that wasn't identified and then act as if you were trying to deceive them or shake them down for an extra $100. Sheesh, just move along and I'm sure you'll find that CQ example at a bargain price and be the first to respond when it's listed. Amazing that their collection usually ends up being beaters and parts machines.

As a buyer I have experienced the opposite, guy send me a few pics I was happy we agreed on the price. I had to spread the payment out over a couple days just so I could email transfer the money. Everyday the guy kept sending me pics of new issues and they were the smallest things. When he took the legs off to ship it he noticed the smallest wrinkle and send me a pic to make sure I wasn't pissed. I was actually getting concerned because it seemed like it had a lot of little things wrong with it. I can't imagine how anal and picky some guys must be. I have never sold but if people want to go over every inch with a magnifying glass then expect the me to reduce the price I would laugh. When the pin arrived I was amazed how nice it was, I've seen pictures here of brand new sterns with more issues. I should add the pin was routed and I felt I paid routed price.

#2740 3 years ago

I wish I still had the previous day's conversation. I don't typically play the 20 questions game. It was just sketchy from the start. Got worse and then I was done. When he hit me up this morning unsolicited for $200 below where we stopped the night before I was beyond confused and wasn't making a 2 hour round trip without more information. Not my Typical MO but for whatever reason this guy weirded me out.

If anyone in the Youngstown area wants a Road Show $2700 will apparently take it or you will be in a pit in his basement putting the lotion in the basket.

#2741 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

If anyone in the Youngstown area wants a Road Show $2700 will apparently take it or you will be in a pit in his basement putting the lotion in the basket.

I prefer getting the hose again!

#2742 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

From the conversation the previous evening, he seemed knowledgable, so I figured we could cut through the BS and he could give me a run down on the game prior to making a 2 hour round trip. He sketched me out, after saying he would send pics twice and never doing it, then after I told him I wasn't interested anymore, he hit me up this morning $200 less than the night before. Maybe not a laugh, but seems a bit scammy to me.

It is called "sales phishing" get used to it.
    Many times the seller has no intention of selling the machine (if even owned), and is price testing.
    CL has turned into a pinball auction house now.

The good news is once collectors/sellers know who you are, the BS subsides.
    If buyers are not satisfied, I recommend going to trusted secondary market dealers.
    I can recommended quite a few.
    Stay in the hobby long enough, and all you have to say is "I am looking for...X" and dealers will tell you if he has the condition machine you are looking for without hesitancy AND give you the photos you request.

#2743 3 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This is not true.

If a seller provides good quality photos at the beginning, there are very few questions.

The problems arise when owners think it is a good idea to take photos with the glass on with massive glare, books and papers stacked all over the top of game, or "Tourette syndrome" camera shots.
    If a seller will not let a buyer do a technical inspection, on site, WALK AWAY.
    What most sellers these days take offense about is when you try and professionally and kindly tell them that installing $2000-3000 of mods does not make the game worth more, or false perceptions of value based on Ebay, CL, RGP, WPC Forums, or PinSide.
    Most collectors (not player owners) want mod crap off the game.

Here are examples of actual CL sales and auction photos:

304749_10150410197491617_1218192351_n_(resized).jpg
    383430_10151263899736617_908148138_n_(resized).jpg
    317383_10150485017971617_1173056341_n_(resized).jpg
    481019_10151392796931617_320596285_n_(resized).jpg
    10426320_10152503605751617_6566914527338064102_n_(resized).jpg
    13221763_10154191372996617_2851769661593935615_n_(resized).jpg

#2744 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

I wish I still had the previous day's conversation. I don't typically play the 20 questions game. It was just sketchy from the start. Got worse and then I was done. When he hit me up this morning unsolicited for $200 below where we stopped the night before I was beyond confused and wasn't making a 2 hour round trip without more information. Not my Typical MO but for whatever reason this guy weirded me out.

Of course, another option besides the basket is that you tried to have a 20+ text conversation with a seller that would prefer a phone call. There are a lot types of sellers out there... And some don't like to "converse" via text doesn't mean they want to break out the lotion... Doesn't mean they don't either

#2745 3 years ago
    Quoted from setzkor:

Of course, another option besides the basket is that you tried to have a 20+ text conversation with a seller that would prefer a phone call. There are a lot types of sellers out there... And some don't like to "converse" via text doesn't mean they want to break out the lotion... Doesn't mean they don't either

As long as they drop an auto trader down there I am good.

#2746 3 years ago
    Quoted from setzkor:

Yes but sometimes the shady seller does not want a record as in texts. They would rather have a phone call so later they can say "I told him all about the machine being under water for a week".

#2747 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

As long as they drop an auto trader down there I am good.

If you are going to make deals at least make sure it's an autotrader you haven't read before.

#2748 3 years ago

tampa.craigslist.org link

This was interesting, it took me a few seconds to realize the orientation was off by 90 degrees! I thought, That's a strange place for the controls, you'd be all hunched over, with your face right in the monitor- which seems to be on the front of the cab- Oh! I see now.

Heh.

-dpinball

#2749 3 years ago

waterloo.craigslist.org link

"pinball machines for $500 cash sky jump. Torch.gorgar.airport.Soccer.ok for got the last one ..no i will not take no less all i tuff shape "

I'm guessing responding to this either earns you a chance for several nice project pins, a chance to get robbed, or a chance to put the lotion in the basket. And I can't tell if you should not try to negotiate because he'll fight you, or because he really needs the cash.

#2750 3 years ago

I think I may win a prize... I don't see this posted up here already (sorry if it has been).

Folks, I submit for your review the **EXTREMELY RARE** Zizzle Pirates of The Caribbean:

ebay.com link » Zizzle Pirates Of The Caribbean Pinball Arcade Game Extremely Rare

Only $2,625 UDS along with a minor $583.27 shipping fee. This is a bargain because the same machine is selling for over $6000 at some other place.

It is listed in my home town here, Knoxville, TN. Do I dare make an offer to this seller?

There are 6909 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 139.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside