(Topic ID: 99830)

More Craigslist laughs.

By wayout440

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9321 (resized).png
    image_2024-03-14_213052593.png
    image_2024-03-14_192715726.png
    image_2024-03-14_192145689.png

There are 8,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 177.
    #2651 7 years ago

13K?!?! What the WHAT!?!

#2652 7 years ago

Makes Kanedas sound like a bargain

#2653 7 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

More rubber dinosaur!!!

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

I contacted this guy and asked what he meant by "fully restored" (spoiler alert, he means "shopped"). I also asked what he was looking to get for the game. He responded that he isn't expecting full retail as he doesn't want to "gouge" anyone but encouraged me to enter a bid. Hmm, another craigslist auction. I was also told that he had at least 7 people interested so I'd better put my bid in soon. Uh-huh, that's why it's still for sale. I told him I don't play the "guess what number I'm thinking" game...

I wish sellers would just put a price on their game and be done with it. If they really want to auction it off then go to Ebay.

Dave

#2654 7 years ago

Aside from the $13K, my favorite part of the GBLE ad is "come and get it." I guess the guy is posting from the future.

#2655 7 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Here's one that just popped up. So, uhh, what's wrong with this picture?

Just a little inconvenient if you blow a fuse...

#2656 7 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

More rubber dinosaur!!!
    milwaukee.craigslist.org link

70705.jpg70705.jpg

John, the kind of control you're attempting simply is... it's not possible. If there is one thing the history of toppers has taught us it's that they will not be contained. Toppers break free, they expand to new territories and crash through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is.

#2657 7 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Here's one that just popped up. So, uhh, what's wrong with this picture?

That conduit and switch bank work is awful.

#2658 7 years ago

It's happening again....
    70705_(resized).jpg70705_(resized).jpg

#2659 7 years ago

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Original Kiss Pinball Machine - $6000 (Limerick)

Original Kiss Pinball Machine, excellent condition. Brand new play field. Both play fields are included. $6000.00 obo

Looks nice....but the price

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#2660 7 years ago

GBLE pre-order RESALE.

"I am smoke, and my name is high."

Guaranteed somebody is going to buy the game, albeit as long as they are willing to wait, this is not a scam, probably around the $10-11k mark, due to current hype.

Market insanity continues, no one should complain about future game purchases, if this practice is supported.

#2661 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They had one of these here that was listed at $10,000 and it didn't even work!

#2662 7 years ago

$400 for a working target alpha, good price.. but
    chicago.craigslist.org link

The bad:
    No legs, no leg bolts, no head bolts, no keys (both head and coin door are locked), no manual.

The medium:
    Untested, but can't imagine that it works.

The good:
    Considering prices of pins these days, this is cheap!

Asking $400 or best reasonable offer.

So in other words, I plugged it in and it didn't do anything. Even if I knew what I was doing, I have no keys to get inside (nor will you). But hey, this is cheap since everyone else is asking a lot of money.

#2663 7 years ago

I thought the description on this one was amusing:

nh.craigslist.org link

#2664 7 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

nh.craigslist.org link

How much does a new multiplayer card run these days?

#2665 7 years ago

One of these looks to have sold last week on ebay for $5500 for some reason

#2666 7 years ago

nh.craigslist.org link

They cut the wires? Ugh

#2667 7 years ago

Ebay instead of CL this time, I realize, but I just have to share for "pinball collector education".

"Marvel Comics Trifecta"
    http://tinyurl.com/jctgmmb

Two out of three are "NEW OUT OF THE BOX", which could mean virtually anything, home use, routed, display models, etc.
    BTW, this term is newest addition to pinball sales vernacular, which is irritating the $@!# out of me now, badly.

The last machine is in "excellent condition", but repaired (which also could mean anything).
    "All original" does not man jack $#!@, and jack left the building.

$19,995 ---> $6665.00 each + shipping (not included) for the three machines.
    NIB cost for used pro edition (or equivalent in the case of SM) machines, but please correct me if wrong, as three out of four photos are stock images for evaluation, and are completely useless.

Don't be "stuck on stupid" new collectors, keep your wallets in your pants.
    Just don't do it.
    Give dealers like this the middle finger, and don't let the market to continue to artificially inflate.

"Friends don't let friends buy overpriced pinball machines."

#2668 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's a pinsider's machine (JRobinso99) and it's on location at Pincrossing in Linfield. It's had a full playfield replacement (I was there that night) and converted to the German art all around. He had been asking $5K for it previously and I would assume he's willing to negotiate. It's without a doubt the nicest Bally KISS I've ever seen; if I didn't prefer the evil lightning SS artwork, I'd probably be considering it.

#2669 7 years ago

buffalo.craigslist.org link

PINBALL ARCADE- WILLING TO TRADE EXOTIC PET WITH DISABILITY FOR PINBALL - $1 (Eastside buffalo) hide this posting
    looking to trade my exotic pet with minor disabilitys for pinball and or arcade game.

about my pet, his name is Stanley and he's a kangaroo,(no he doesn't have a pouch) we named him Stanley after the Stanley steamer commercial, he has intestinal issues and needs hourly attention from caregiver, it's just time to give the steamer a new home. will provide additional details for new owner and interested individuals, not a good family pet!

a little about Stanley, he's a brown kangaroo and you'll probably want to pet and hug him up but I wouldn't due to unpredictable aggressive behavior, he kicks hard and it can hurt real bad. just look and don't touch. Willing to trade for arcade games or just about anything.

we have about 4 months of adult sized diapers that will go with Stanley. he's a great kangaroo and is looking for a great new home.

#2670 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

we have about 4 months of adult sized diapers that will go with Stanley.

oh my god i'm in tears, this is too funny.

#2671 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

we have about 4 months of adult sized diapers that will go with Stanley. he's a great kangaroo and is looking for a great new home.

Oh no, I put the money in the diaper, and the diaper on the kangaroo!

#2672 7 years ago

One of the best parts about pinball is you don't have to feed them, clean up after them, and you can always turn them off whenever you want. Same things goes for exotic birds like Mountain Macaws.
    I wonder how the $#@! you get the diapers on the kangaroo?

#2673 7 years ago

that kangaroo was probably Spokane pinball lessons carl's love pet he bought for patty J before she escaped his basement with all his warm Shasta and meat sandwiches! (for those who don't remember search pinside for "Spokane Carl" if you want a genuinely fukked up gift to your funny bone from CL)

#2674 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

PINBALL ARCADE- WILLING TO TRADE EXOTIC PET WITH DISABILITY FOR PINBALL - $1 (Eastside buffalo) hide this posting
    looking to trade my exotic pet with minor disabilitys for pinball and or arcade game.
    about my pet, his name is Stanley and he's a kangaroo,

There's a great trade for you, a pinball machine in exchange for a kick in the ass and diarrhea on your floor. I would message them but it seems someone else always beats me to these great CL deals before I can respond.

#2675 7 years ago

At work and cracking up laughing,ya just can't make these stories up!
    Mike

#2676 7 years ago

just sent this to my co workers and were all laughing really hard right now. This just made my day.

#2677 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

about my pet, his name is Stanley and he's a kangaroo,(no he doesn't have a pouch) we named him Stanley after the Stanley steamer commercial, he has intestinal issues and needs hourly attention from caregiver, it's just time to give the steamer a new home. will provide additional details for new owner and interested individuals, not a good family pet!
    a little about Stanley, he's a brown kangaroo and you'll probably want to pet and hug him up but I wouldn't due to unpredictable aggressive behavior, he kicks hard and it can hurt real bad. just look and don't touch. Willing to trade for arcade games or just about anything.

Wonder if they'd be interested in this.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#2678 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

That's got to be a BS ad.

#2679 7 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

That's got to be a BS ad.

It's clearly a KS ad. Please try to pay attention.

#2680 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Las Vegas Pinball Machine

Only $555 for a Mattel Las Vegas!

best part about it:

"Selling my good old Mattel Las Vegas pinball machine. Its working fine except:
    - not counting points
    - no sound"

You Sir, have a much different definition of "fine" than I do.

#2681 7 years ago
    Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

ebay.com link » Las Vegas Pinball Machine
    Only $555 for a Mattel Las Vegas!
    best part about it:
    "Selling my good old Mattel Las Vegas pinball machine. Its working fine except:
    - not counting points
    - no sound"
    You Sir, have a much different definition of "fine" than I do.

At least the owner is honest, even if it is oversightive of the obvious. I never have cared for the word "fine", because generally it means it's not, unless we are talking about Cabernet, Merlot, or Pinot.

#2682 7 years ago

"This is the only pinball machine ever made by Mattel. "

and there is a good reason why

#2683 7 years ago

What a joke! Over 6k for a crummy Stern Indiana Jones table. I hate it when un-knowledgeable pinball sellers look at Ebay to gage their price.

No tattoos deals?

sandiego.craigslist.org link

Stern Indiana Jones Pinball Machine - Mint Condition - Rare

Indiana Jones pinball by Stern Pinball combines musical selections from the first 3 movies and ties them together with an original theme for the pinball game; most sound effects in the game were taken from or based on actual movie sound effects.

Similar one being sold on eBay for $6,500.
    ebay.com link: itm

$6,250 Cash only. OBO
    No Paypal or tattoos deals.
    Local meet only, No shipping.
    show contact info Call or text for more info

#2684 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

What a joke! Over 6k for a crummy Stern Indiana Jones table. I hate it when un-knowledgeable pinball sellers look at Ebay to gage their price.
    No tattoos deals?
    sandiego.craigslist.org link
    Stern Indiana Jones Pinball Machine - Mint Condition - Rare
    Indiana Jones pinball by Stern Pinball combines musical selections from the first 3 movies and ties them together with an original theme for the pinball game; most sound effects in the game were taken from or based on actual movie sound effects.
    Similar one being sold on eBay for $6,500.
    ebay.com link
    $6,250 Cash only. OBO
    No Paypal or tattoos deals.
    Local meet only, No shipping.
    show contact info Call or text for more info

Dealer/broker/distributor prices versus privates sales are two animals of completely different colored stripes.
    Ebay is the worst of the sources.
    Quality condition is not necessarily improved, but there is expectation between each.
    I recently inquired about another "mint" game on CL, so I will see what happens.
    I am not busting chops or low ball, just keeping things in check, with intent to buy.
    Unfortunately, most do not know the difference, and for all the attempts to allow people to understand that it is not about "price police", it is just about quality to value.

New wave of pinball deals, tattoo offers, $#!@ I am getting old.
    I thought it was just everything else, like motorcycles, cars, home appliances, and even pets...

#2685 7 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

westky.craigslist.org link
    "DO NOT PHONE TEXT ME" !!!!! It will be deleted immediately not even read ! Of course 1 0r 2 of you fkn retards will do it anyway !

Yeah - I texted him.

#2686 7 years ago

nh.craigslist.org link

Good thing he labeled the wires!!

#2687 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

Yeah - I texted him.

HE LIED! He read my message and just called me!

This gentleman is a HOOT!

He is a 74 year old man named Charlie, cancer survivor, and all around great guy. He bought that pinball machine from a tavern 30 years ago to keep the neighborhood kids out of trouble.

Although he was kind of pissed when he called me (He asked me "do I know you" and "why in the hell would you send me a message like that"... at least he stopped short of actually calling me a retard.

We talked for a half hour. What an awesome guy - he made my night!

Please don't text him like my smart ass did (and I told him I did it to tease him) - his phone receives but does not send texts - and I tell you - what a character this guy is!

That's what I really love about this hobby - really great people - even ones with crazy Craigslist ads... (I submitted his to to "Craigslist's best of")

Oh - btw in case you are interested in his Falstaff machine - (priced a bit too steep for me) he said that it used to work - but when he went out to the building where it is and turned it on today - it didnt' come on. Probably just a fuse or something.

#2688 7 years ago

This is a new, easy, troubleshooting technique.....instead of replacing a fuse, has anyone ever tried "tightening the wires"?

Non-working Gauntlet Legends Arcade Machine. (Project) $200.00(obo) Cash only. You will need to be able to remove from the house and haul away. Has damage to exterior of left side. Machine powers on but then turns off. I think it just needs some wires tightened up and should work fine. Need gone ASAP!! Today if possible!!! See machine details below:

#2689 7 years ago

Am I CRAZY or is a Zizzle NOT worth $600+?!?!?!!?

Screen_Shot_2016-05-19_at_9.43.38_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-19_at_9.43.38_AM_(resized).png

#2690 7 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Shill bidding I'm sure.

#2691 7 years ago
    Quoted from John_in_NC:

Shill bidding I'm sure.

Wouldn't that be.......shizzle bidding?

#2692 7 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

But look at that LCD scoring screen.....it's lit orange like a mini DMD. Adds $100 right there for sure.

#2693 7 years ago

STAR TREK {THE NEXT GENERATION PINBALL} - $9000

detroit.craigslist.org link

#2694 7 years ago

That ok, another seller just posted an old high end MM restoration that was advertised for $23k to try and pump up personal sales of his current machines.

It did not sell for that amount either even with its NOS clearcoated playfield swap out.

#2695 7 years ago

Again its Epay but I thought it was funny. Notice the seller does not mention how the Pin works. I am guessing not 100%. You don't have to get past the first pic. What is with the coil stop?!

ebay.com link: Simpsons Pinball Party

#2696 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

It's clearly a KS ad. Please try to pay attention.

HaHaHa

#2698 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

10K by Christmas!

The price is good... he just had his finger too long on the "9" key. $799.99.

Pretty good price for a nice "rare" game. Also, i think it's cool of the guy to throw in a pair of white gloves for only $4.99 (those pesky decimal points). I love playing pinball in white gloves. Keeps the cheeto powder off the flipper buttons
    faz

#2699 7 years ago

"Crazy Balls" on Etsy.
    Homemade pinball machine made out of teak and recycled garbage.
    "Electricity is unecessary for pinball".

Only $3600.

"Prepare to be disappointed and underwhelmed".

I made this same type of machine when I was ten in my father's woodshop. I used pine though instead of expensive hardwood.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/255392645/handmade-wooden-pinball-table?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pinball&ref=sr_gallery_19

There are 8,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 177.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.