Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 178.
    #2601 7 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

So can anyone identify what game it's from?

That looks like a Gottlieb upper arch with its serial number sticker in the corner. That coil bracket makes me think it's an 80's title.

#2604 7 years ago
    Quoted from rockeeraccoon:

Who Dunnit - $4,000
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Quoted from wantdataeast:

I turned a decent one down(with only a few minor issues) for $800 last year.

You are nuts! If you turn done down for $800. It's a $2500 pin.

#2605 7 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

You are nuts! If you turn done down for $800. It's a $2500 pin.

My go to source on any pin that I have never played is Todd Tuckey TNT amusement YouTube videos. I had never played "Whodunit" I watched his video and was not very impressed with the game, Todd did not seem too impressed either.

I am at 14 pins right now and have room for 4 so... also, I have about 8 project pins in the mix, I guess I could have picked it up to trade but that would have been my only motivation. I do not mind leaving a pin for the next guy if I am not too excited doubt it. Maybe it found a home with someone that would appreciate it more.

#2606 7 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

I do not mind leaving a pin for the next guy if I am not too excited doubt it. Maybe it found a home with someone that would appreciate it more.

Love this!

#2607 7 years ago

westky.craigslist.org link

"DO NOT PHONE TEXT ME" !!!!! It will be deleted immediately not even read ! Of course 1 0r 2 of you fkn retards will do it anyway !

#2608 7 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

"DO NOT PHONE TEXT ME" !!!!! It will be deleted immediately not even read ! Of course 1 0r 2 of you fkn retards will do it anyway !

Sounds like an invitation for everybody to send him a text. Hope his phone isn't set on vibrate.

#2609 7 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

"We live in a modern world".
    People text for work, business, and sales.
    Why the hell allow your phone number to be included in the ad anyway if you do not want it to be in first place? People have CL options, but I guess some people have refused to learn to read (or spell). Failure of the USA education system in example.

#2610 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"We live in a modern world".
    People text for work, business, and sales.
    Why the hell allow your phone number to be included in the ad anyway if you do not want it to be in first place? People have CL options, but I guess some people have refused to learn to read (or spell). Failure of the USA education system in example.

I prefer email for ads. That way I can respond to them on my own terms and arrange a call/meeting time, rather than be interrupted at all hours of the day and night.

#2611 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I prefer email for ads. That way I can respond to them on my own terms and arrange a call/meeting time, rather than be interrupted at all hours of the day and night.

I don't disagree at all, if that is a preference, it has less interruptions and helps weed out "tire kickers".
    Pricing levels is not an effective method, as that brings in more scammers if the asking price is high.

However, email is still an EXCLUSIVE option for contact on CL.
    All they have to do is allow only the anonymous email system, and not allow random phone calls.
    Problem solved.

If an owner wants a "fast sale" the other method works better, but is going to require sorting through some issues.

#2612 7 years ago

PSA: Anyone looking for one of those "hard to find" Jr. Monopoly? It's a replica of the large Monopoly!

spokane.craigslist.org link

jrmonopoly_(resized).jpgjrmonopoly_(resized).jpg

#2613 7 years ago

Is it just me or does this one seem priced a little to high?

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#2614 7 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Nor certain it's book value but probably. Working pinball machine as the only description doesn't help either. Under 1000 my guess.

#2615 7 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

dollars or pesos ?

#2616 7 years ago
    Quoted from Herm:

Nor certain it's book value but probably. Working pinball machine as the only description doesn't help either. Under 1000 my guess.

I have a really nice El Dorado, but there is no way i could get $5,000.0 for it.

#2617 7 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

In one of his other ads, he's selling his house for $1.

#2618 7 years ago

NOT SELLING SEPERATE GAMES MAKE OFFER ON ENTIRE LOT.............. Yeah........good luck with that especially asking retail and higher pricing. I don't know anyone who'd pay $4,600 for a Haunted House.

frederick.craigslist.org link

#2619 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

NOT SELLING SEPERATE GAMES MAKE OFFER ON ENTIRE LOT.............. Yeah........good luck with that especially asking retail and higher pricing. I don't know anyone who'd pay $4,600 for a Haunted House.

If he's selling them as a lot why the Hell does he have individual prices?!? And 2800 for Close Encounters? For that price it better be an EM (and still priced lower).

#2620 7 years ago

If he's selling them as a lot why the Hell does he have individual prices?!? And 2800 for Close Encounters? For that price it better be an EM (and still priced lower).

Pin zipperheads don't think when they write. He has already sold machines out of his "lot" sale, and "broke his own rules". I seriously doubt many of these machines are full restorations or "mint". It sometimes comes down to moronic sales pitches.

#2621 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

TOTAL LIST PRICE $78,125 Now who has that kind of cash?

#2622 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Doesn't your average craigslist peruser have $80k burning a hole in their pocket?

#2623 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

You would be surprised right now.
    New collectors drop over $90k in less than 6-12 months. Of course, they then sell it all less than 2 years later.

#2624 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

$100k by Christmas!

#2625 7 years ago

Ok, I have to know...do people really fall for this crap? What D-bag!!

ebay.com link: Sea Wolf Arcade Game

Translation...it doesn't work, but I am not going to tell you that!

#2626 7 years ago

I offered $75 for this one, seller responded it was appraised for $700.
    Sure it was.
    waco.craigslist.org link

#2627 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Sure it was.

It's possible it was appraised at that value but what makes him think he can sell it for three times what it was appraised at?

Dave

#2628 7 years ago

Sure it was.
    waco.craigslist.org link

That city's name is pronounced "Wacko" right?

#2630 7 years ago

;^)Non disclosure agreement ....... taking a page from O'l Jpop

#2631 7 years ago

New game: take a drink every time the word "invention" shows up in the listing.

#2632 7 years ago

Mbaumle every time i see you post i cant help but think that youre making the same face as your avatar. You smug bastard!

#2633 7 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

miami.craigslist.org link

"Great and fun invention for children and adult. A great game similar to pinball machine. But the difference is that this game is A UNIQUE INVENTION. This fun game comes from France and is going to hit the market soon. Buy this invention and you will make a hefty revenue for life. The inventor is a well known French inventor who is bringing his last invention to America. Email us and we will give you important information and a non disclosure agreement. Thank you. "

... Sounds legit ...

#2634 7 years ago

"Great and fun invention for children and adult. A great game similar to pinball machine. But the difference is that this game is A UNIQUE INVENTION. This fun game comes from France and is going to hit the market soon. Buy this invention and you will make a hefty revenue for life. The inventor is a well known French inventor who is bringing his last invention to America. Email us and we will give you important information and a non disclosure agreement. Thank you. "
    ... Sounds legit ...

It's totally this. Get in on the ground floor now, while you still have a chance!

cup-and-ball_(resized).jpgcup-and-ball_(resized).jpg

#2635 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Ok, I have to know...do people really fall for this crap? What D-bag!!
    ebay.com link » Sea Wolf Arcade Game
    Translation...it doesn't work, but I am not going to tell you that!

Looking at that machine I think it was out to sea, then chewed on by a wolf. Awful.

#2636 7 years ago

I really like this game (yeah the laugh can get old) but are they really going for this much now? Seems pricey... but maybe I'm just out of the loop.

york.craigslist.org link

#2637 7 years ago
    Quoted from GonzosNose:

I really like this game (yeah the laugh can get old) but are they really going for this much now?

I have yet to see one in the past couple years for sale under $3k at least around PA

#2638 7 years ago

Sure it was.
    waco.craigslist.org link

And I'm sure that they can provide the documentation for said appraisal of course.

#2639 7 years ago

If anyones looking to spend just shy of $4000 on a Diner based on three poorly lit photos and one glass on playfield shot, this one's for you.
    columbus.craigslist.org link

#2640 7 years ago

FUNHOUSE PINBALL MACHINE. MUST SEE! TOP 10 ALL TIME LIST!!! - $4995
    http://tinyurl.com/zg3e4jp
    Average example, various wear, faded cabinet.

Quote: "I have seen these machines sell for $5000-$11,000. Most of them for about $6500."
    No, this is propagated fairy tale by new collectors, and not reality.
    This is another example of artificial inflation that is hurting the secondary market.
    Non-informed sellers reading to many nonsense articles and Ebay.

I want to see the $11k Funhouse, it better be a high end restoration with a NOS playfield or the game is NIB.

#2641 7 years ago
    Quoted from lmsybiatb:

If anyones looking to spend just shy of $4000 on a Diner based on three poorly lit photos and one glass on playfield shot, this one's for you.
    columbus.craigslist.org link

looks to be this guy... please tell me he isn't a pinsider?
    http://www.ascendrealtyoregon.com/cgi-bin/real?pge=brokerage&agent=dougroake&title=

#2642 7 years ago

Here's one that just popped up. So, uhh, what's wrong with this picture?

00O0O_2wJlFeimT8r_600x450_(resized).jpg00O0O_2wJlFeimT8r_600x450_(resized).jpg

#2643 7 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

So, uhh, what's wrong with this picture?

Funny, what a perfect match...bowling and poker...what's wrong with that?

#2644 7 years ago

300 Black Jacks..

#2646 7 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Here's one that just popped up. So, uhh, what's wrong with this picture?

Carpet does not match the curtains

Quoted from aahgo:

More rubber dinosaur!!!

There's a pinball machine in there somewhere...

#2647 7 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

More rubber dinosaur!!!
    milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Another example of modding gone completely wrong.
    Dinosaurs protruding from every pinball orifice.
    "RAHHRRRR!"

"Serious inquiries only!".

"Pinball Mod Hall of Fame" inductee today, congratulations lucky owner, you have made pinball history with your toy chest.

#2648 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zarklin:

Right with ya there! I picked the wrong time to get into this hobby

Me too!
    Just paid 3k CAN$ for an EBD with decals on the cabinet...had to have it though, so not complaining...love the game!
    oh and btw... first post on PinSide!

#2649 7 years ago
    Quoted from tominator:

Me too!
    Just paid 3k CAN$ for an EBD with decals on the cabinet...had to have it though, so not complaining...love the game!
    oh and btw... first post on PinSide!

There is no "right time" in this hobby.
    If you wait around 5 years the market at the current rate will stall again, and prices will drop mostly due to the overabundance of modded games that nobody wants or can afford and manufacturers that price test until buyers choke.
    However, it will not make the hobby more affordable overall in the long run, as "classics" will continue to rise.
    If a person wants "good games", they are out there at acceptable prices, a collector justs has to put on their "big game hunter" hat, and be willing to learn and how to fix games.
    You can still buy hundreds of early SS and EMs for less than $500.
    HUNDREDS.

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/53?hl=zarklin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.