5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,624 posts
  • 799 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by PinJim
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,213 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8D3087D6-5DB5-4CFD-B13B-848580BA1E80 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2019-10-19-10-04-29 (resized).png
    Slugfest (resized).JPG
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    pin (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    Capture2 (resized).JPG
    Untitled (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191013-071900_eBay (resized).jpg
    94F55A19-FBEC-4503-8258-19F3769B8008 (resized).png
    1D37A32E-93E3-4C68-ACB3-72FABA63A831 (resized).png
    E0C46CF9-9873-47CA-B43D-1EB2C46F83D9 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191006-151513 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191006-151427 (resized).jpg
    CL reply (resized).jpg
    Spiderman (resized).JPG

There are 6624 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 133.
    #2551 3 years ago

So... This is a scam, right?

chicago.craigslist.org link

Screen_Shot_2016-04-07_at_2.10.03_PM_(resized).png

#2552 3 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Yup. Adding an obfuscated email address right in the ad instead of entering it normally like everyone else does is a big tip-off. I just saw a similar ad also pop up in New Hampshire.

#2553 3 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Yes...they try to get you to use the email they provide (always a gmail) instead of the CL link....internet pfishing
    EDIT:Forceflow always 27 seconds ahead of me...

#2554 3 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Up untill 2013 Centar sold for around $1500. And that's Ebay prices. And now it demands a value of 4k? I don't get it. Why would anyone pay that much for a pinball machine that looks like it belongs in Judas Priest's closet? lol God awfull ugly.

A little history, roll the clock back just a little further...

Trendiness and creation of replacement PCBs.
    Same thing happened with other machines like Fathom in the early 2000s.
    Most Early Ballys prior to creation of Alltek and other parts commanded prices well below $1000, around $300-500.
    People were "lost souls" due to battery damage, transistor replacements, or power supply failure.

How many collectors have played Centaur and listened to the reverb board (which most did not work or were missing, unless rebuilt or replaced with the new upgraded board)?
    How many collectors have achieved multiball on this game or scored the full "Queen's Chamber"?
    It has some unique features, and is quite a tough game overall.
    It has hovered around the sub 2 grand level for really nice ones ever since.
    Art is subjective, but time is the overall evaluator just like Van Gogh, Michelangelo, or Da Vinci.
    The backglass, plastics, and playfield have not been reproduced for an unknown reason.

The resurgence happened after the collector price spike of WMS closure, and people went looking for cheaper machines as the late model SS became unaffordable too many.
    They also discovered these games did not "suck".
    The same thing is happening again, just like every other "revival" over the past 50 years.

Once people realized you could fix them and CJH released his guides, things started to really get "stuck on stupid".

Fully restored EBDs have sold for as high as $8k with NOS PF, and restenciled cabinets.
    Really nice examples are easily in the $4k range, and this goes with some of the other fundamental Classic Bally machines as well.
    Most brokers and dealers will not touch these era of games now, like EMs because they do not know how to properly fix them, and they cannot make the profit margins of later model games.

No one has too agree but the latest CPR listed run of EBD PFs closed in 6 hours, faster than the sold out status of GBLE.
    Quite impressive, considering the playfields will not be available for nearly a year, in comparison to release of GB.
    Patience is a virtue for some.

There is a detailed answer.

#2555 3 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Another plot....

bakersfield.craigslist.org link

Williams "Jive Time" Pinball Machine. 70's style in its original state. These early models are classics. It was cleaned and bulbs replaced recently. It works great! I don't have the room for it anymore.
    Rarely used it Charissalansky[a][t]gma ldcom

#2556 3 years ago

Seller smoking his own crack on Ebay.

It does not matter how nice the game is or its "rarity", Spirit is not at this level yet.
    He is around $8k high, if everything is "perfect".
    If he included his motorcycle, it might be adequate.
    Cabinet looks shiny though, it was a repaint.

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Spirit Pinball Machine

#2557 3 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Seller smoking his own crack on Ebay.
    It does not matter how nice the game is or its "rarity", Spirit is not at this level yet.
    He is around $8k high, if everything is "perfect".
    If he included his motorcycle, it might be adequate.
    Cabinet looks shiny though, it was a repaint.
    ebay.com link » Gottlieb Spirit Pinball Machine

Read a little deeper, the cabinet is decals

#2558 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Read a little deeper, the cabinet is decals

I did not really feel like completing the full reading after baseline $14k, so yes I did not catch that addendum.
    Decals are not helping the seller in this case, nor is the touched up backglass, but at least the seller is honest.
    The scales don't quite balance out yet.

#2559 3 years ago

I am still shocked at how !much machines are going for. Really stinks if you are trying to build a collection. Beat to crap route machines for top dollar in unrestored condition.

#2560 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ky8530:

I am still shocked at how !much machines are going for. Really stinks if you are trying to build a collection. Beat to crap route machines for top dollar in unrestored condition.

Right with ya there! I picked the wrong time to get into this hobby

#2561 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ky8530:

They don't sell for what they advertise at. Worn out playfield It's got a lot going for it, but not anywhere near that price
    ebay.com link » Xenon Pinball Fully Working And Ready To Take Your Quarters One At A Time

#2562 3 years ago

Scam or joke I guess. "Don't mess with me ill sell it to Rick". Filled with typos and lower case letter "i"...sheesh.

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Back To The Future Holy Grail Of Pinballs Coinop Mike J Fox

#2563 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Scam or joke I guess. "Don't mess with me ill sell it to Rick". Filled with typos and lower case letter "i"...sheesh.
    ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Back To The Future Holy Grail Of Pinballs Coinop Mike J Fox

Not news. There's even a topic on it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-holy-grail-of-pinballs

#2564 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Rick Who?

#2565 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zarklin:

Right with ya there! I picked the wrong time to get into this hobby

If hobbyists avoid "instant gratification", they will acquire what is "holy grailed".
    I heard this exact statement in 1990, 1999, 2002, and 2005.
    Those were just a few milestone periods based on different sets of industry circumstances.
    There are plenty of good prospects, if a collector is patient.

If collectors only want NIB games, well, options are going to be limited.
    I cannot do anything about those circumstances.

#2566 3 years ago

My guess is PPS to whom he does not know anyway.

The guy remains an Ebay troll who keeps smoking too much of his own chronic.
    Others have tried the same tactics over the years to generate interest, but they end up making an a$$ of themselves and eventually disappear plying their trade in other collectibles.
    We have a Ebay person similar in my region right now, we are trying to "run out of town" before he shanks anymore unknowing new collectors.
    We keep shutting down his auctions due to outright conditions of fraud as he is misrepresenting things he does not own.
    Prices are not this ridiculous however.

#2567 3 years ago

I was thinking that he was referring to Rick from the Pawn Stars show

#2568 3 years ago

If hobbyists avoid "instant gratification", they will acquire what is "holy grailed".
    I heard this exact statement in 1990, 1999, 2002, and 2005.
    Those were just a few milestone periods based on different sets of industry circumstances.
    There are plenty of good prospects, if a collector is patient.
    If collectors only want NIB games, well, options are going to be limited.
    I cannot do anything about those circumstances.

I agree with instant gratification being a problem. I see it to a greater extent with video games.

It goes in waves. You get a surge of folks taking it up and either getting had because of the need for instant gratification or buying everything in sight for the same reason. Eventually they learn their lesson or get out entirely. Then there's those just in it to flip everything.

I see both hobbies being very competitive when it comes to getting deals. You really need to be on your game. But at least with pins you're generally limited to compete in your region since shipping isn't always an option or practical.

As far as nib goes I find it silly to keep something that's intended to be played boxed up. But overall median prices have increased with most hobbies from these eras. Just my 2 cents worth.

#2569 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Yes, you are absolutely right.
    I hope the seller does not decide to get into the paint sniffing again.
    His prices go up and down like a rollercoaster.

#2570 3 years ago

Magic Town $3495.00 ???? I'm afraid to ask the package price.

#2571 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I saw this one too. I sent a message to the guy asking for more information on what makes it the holy grail of pinball. Can't wait to see what he responds with

#2572 3 years ago

The guy remains an Ebay troll who keeps smoking too much of his own chronic.
    Others have tried the same tactics over the years to generate interest, but they end up making an a$$ of themselves and eventually disappear plying their trade in other collectibles.
    We have a Ebay person similar in my region right now, we are trying to "run out of town" before he shanks anymore unknowing new collectors.
    We keep shutting down his auctions due to outright conditions of fraud as he is misrepresenting things he does not own.
    Prices are not this ridiculous however.

This guy is 10 minutes from me. Would love to go see the machine and see what he says in person.

#2573 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

This guy is 10 minutes from me. Would love to go see the machine and see what he says in person.

Let us know what the game really looks like. Please take photos (you do have to ask permission though). If he does not own the machine, we can finally shut this down and end the controversy.
    I have actually spooked people with a camera in the past, and it is useful on deterrence of scammers and thieves. Technical inspection in site is another good added method, when you ask for the coin door key, and immediately proceed to remove the lockbar and PF glass without hesitation or thought.

#2574 3 years ago

someone doesn't know what a model number is:

ebay.com link » Pinbot Pinball Williams Classic Led And Pinscore Upgrades Low 549 Will Ship

relevant text: Pinbot Pinball Williams Classic LED and Pinscore Upgrades, Low # 549 Will Ship

This 1986 super popular classic by Williams has an incredibly low seriel number, 549 of only 12415 made

1 week later
    #2575 3 years ago

eastidaho.craigslist.org link

All the way from Eastern Idaho.

#2576 3 years ago

$2750 for a PIN-BOT.
    dallas.craigslist.org link

tmp_19475-Screenshot_2016-04-23-21-32-49-329211479.png

#2577 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

$2750 for a PIN-BOT. You Can't go wrong...

Except it's way overpriced (even with new score boards)

#2578 3 years ago

1970s vintage pinball machine - works! - $200 (ann arbor)

Working 1970s Demolition Derby table-top pinball machine. A barn-find, it works and is playable. Display back is cracked and missing one piece. Could use a new rubber kit (20 on ebay and very easy to install).

detroit.craigslist.org link

demo_(resized).jpg

#2579 3 years ago

I can understand scammers luring people in with attractive titles like Addams Family or Xenon but... Pat Hand? The game that Norm Clark himself said was his least favorite of his own designs? Too funny.

toledo.craigslist.org link

Screen_Shot_2016-04-26_at_8.23.08_AM_(resized).png

#2580 3 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I can understand scammers luring people in with attractive titles like Addams Family or Xenon but... Pat Hand? The game that Norm Clark himself said was his least favorite of his own designs? Too funny.
    toledo.craigslist.org link

Screen_Shot_2016-04-26_at_8.23.08_AM_(resized).png

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psa-fake-craigslist-ads-in-multiple-cities/

#2582 3 years ago
    Quoted from rockeeraccoon:

Who Dunnit - $4,000

"Probably the best pinball i have ever owned and played".
    "Rare pinball and the price keeps going up. Ebay around 5k for these pinballs."
    So why sell it? Is not this machine an "investment"?
    (I am a "pinball zipperhead" hear me roar)

#2583 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I wonder how Rick (Harrison) feels about this guy using his image to sell his stuff?

BTTF_Rick_(resized).jpgFortune_teller_(resized).jpg

#2584 3 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I wonder how Rick (Harrison) feels about this guy using his image to sell his stuff?
    BTTF_Rick_(resized).jpgFortune_teller_(resized).jpg

I am sure he doesn't know about it LOL

#2585 3 years ago

He'd call his friend who's an expert on the unlicensed usage of images.

#2586 3 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

He'd call his friend who's an expert on the unlicensed usage of images.

First someone would have to let Rick know about this ...

https://twitter.com/GoldSilverPawn

BTTF_Rick.jpg

Fortune_teller.jpg

#2587 3 years ago
    Quoted from rockeeraccoon:

Who Dunnit - $4,000
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

I turned a decent one down(with only a few minor issues) for $800 last year.

#2588 3 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

I turned a decent one down(with only a few minor issues) for $800 last year.

I wouldn't turn one down for $800. Working wpc board sets make up most of that cost

#2589 3 years ago

This has to be a scam!

omaha.craigslist.org link

Pretty well it was a F-14 Tomcat for $120.00 with this description:
    Amazing Rare Williams F-14 Pinball Machine in great shape and working well.

Not sure what the deal is here, but they leave no email, but if you look over at the manufacture on the right side, you can see the persons email: tadeswirth@gmail.com

So I send "her" an email and this Kelly Macallan at hanfaschingnnm@yahoo.com says this:
    "I'm sorry to say i sold this to another guy. But i wont hide where i got it from. I picked up 2 brand new ones for under $70 from b*******.com
    It's very easy to win. The trick is to bid only when the counter hits 4 seconds.

Best regards,
    Kelly"

So there's the secret guys...solid state games are going for sale for $70.00!
    I don't think so....

#2590 3 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

I picked up 2 brand new ones for under $70 from beepenny.com

2 brand new 30 year old pins, what are the chances?!

#2591 3 years ago

I know! I thought maybe it was some old lady that accidentally typed in $120.00 and meant $1200.00.....so I sent the email and after I got that back, I knew I've been had! Time to turn up my "firewall"!

#2592 3 years ago

Yes, it's a scam. We're keeping a list of them https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psa-fake-craigslist-ads-in-multiple-cities
    If you can post a screenshot and a link to the ads when they come up we can get them flagged quicker.

#2594 3 years ago
    Quoted from Svendtube:

orlando.craigslist.org link
    no lowballers

I am saving this photo and caption and uploading it elsewhere.
    Funny fake ad though, with two flippers and a ball glued to the old cow manure playfield.

#2595 3 years ago

I am saving this photo and caption and uploading it elsewhere.
    Funny fake ad though, with two flippers and a ball glued to the old cow manure playfield.

Here it is, what a steal at only $300!

20160429_105014_(resized).png

#2596 3 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Here it is, what a steal at only $300!

"Vintage" my friend.... "Vintage"!
    faz

#2597 3 years ago
    Quoted from Svendtube:

no lowballers

I am thinking about sending him this:

Dear Sir, I saw your "future gem" of a play field on Craigslist and notice the line "parts or restoration" Would you consider parting it out? I would be interest in the 2 pounds of dirt on the play field. I am considering growing a potted plant. Please let me know.

#2598 3 years ago

So can anyone identify what game it's from?

#2599 3 years ago
    Quoted from Svendtube:

no lowballers

WHAT THE PHUCK?!? $300? Somebody tell me what raw drugs is this fool on to even post an ad like that!!!

#2600 3 years ago

That coil looks good!

There are 6624 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 133.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside