Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 178.
    #2501 8 years ago

Up untill 2013 Centar sold for around $1500. And that's Ebay prices. And now it demands a value of 4k? I don't get it. Why would anyone pay that much for a pinball machine that looks like it belongs in Judas Priest's closet? lol God awfull ugly.

#2502 8 years ago

Someone want to tell the guy from Lake Bluff/IL that his RBION isn't going to sell for 5k? Would be nice to see some new pins for sale on craigslist besides these ones that aren't selling.

#2503 8 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

I know this is technically a CL thread, but this was just too "WTF" funny.
    ebay.com link » 1981 Centaur By Bally
    It's in my city, but I don't know the seller.
    "The playfield , back glass is in mint condition. For those who don’t know pinball the playfield has swirls which adds to the greatness of this game".
    Contradict yourself much? Or maybe I just have a different opinion on the definition of MINT.

Yeah, that wear mark behind the left flipper helps maintain that "Mint" condition rating.

#2504 8 years ago

Too good to be true...and long gone.
    I hope somebody here grabbed them!
    allentown.craigslist.org link

1_(resized).png1_(resized).png

2_(resized).png2_(resized).png

3_(resized).png3_(resized).png

#2505 8 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

Someone want to tell the guy from Lake Bluff/IL that his RBION isn't going to sell for 5k? Would be nice to see some new pins for sale on craigslist besides these ones that aren't selling.

This guy has one for sale at the same price: annarbor.craigslist.org link

RBION_(resized).JPGRBION_(resized).JPG

#2506 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Too good to be true...and long gone.
    I hope somebody here grabbed them!

1_(resized).png2_(resized).png3_(resized).png

What are the odds it's the same machine?

#2507 8 years ago

This Space Jam has been on and off on CL for awhile. It's price has always been inflated at $4523, so I didn't bother looking. I started looking at the pics today though thinking maybe this could be a HUO machine. The guy had other MJ collectibles around it and I thought it was plausible. Boy was I wrong. Check out the wear on the backboards of the bball goals, the saucer, and the dirty playfield. Yikes.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#2508 8 years ago

Sorry if this is a repost.....but this guy man. Why is he insisting that everything he has is pristine?? And who has the urge to ever own three Playboys at once, and since when has any of the Playboy's been hot, highly sought after, and highly collectible??

ebay.com link: benecasanova1

#2509 8 years ago

So you can spend 7k on a pin but not buy or own a camera to take pics,And how do you have wear already on a 2014 pin?

baltimore.craigslist.org link

#2510 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

how do you have wear already on a 2014 pin?

AMH has a lot of ball pops, I have divoting on my playfield.

#2511 8 years ago

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Gilligan's Island $3100

Is this funny?

#2512 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Sorry if this is a repost.....but this guy man. Why is he insisting that everything he has is pristine?? And who has the urge to ever own three Playboys at once, and since when has any of the Playboy's been hot, highly sought after, and highly collectible??
    ebay.com link

And who is the autograph of? Hef?

#2513 8 years ago

Hell- I'm looking for a '78 Playboy cause the color scheme I think is awesome and it just reeks of the 70's an era I love, but the prices are ridiculous right now for whatever reason I have no clue.

#2514 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgoodspeed:

Hell- I'm looking for a '78 Playboy cause the color scheme I think is awesome and it just reeks of the 70's an era I love, but the prices are ridiculous right now for whatever reason I have no clue.

What are looking to pay for a '78 Playboy? ....or should I say, What is a decent one worth?

#2515 8 years ago

Found this amusing. Sorry pinside not cooperating with clickable link.

wv.craigslist.org/bfs/5427678799.html

tallest1_(resized).jpgtallest1_(resized).jpg

tallest2_(resized).jpgtallest2_(resized).jpg

#2517 8 years ago

That price!!! And it's not like it's a Gold CPR. I guess he doesn't know that preorder has already started and they are about to be back in production

ebay.com link: Whirlwind Pinball Reproduction Playfield

#2518 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

That price!!! And it's not like it's a Gold CPR. I guess he doesn't know that preorder has already started and they are about to be back in production
    ebay.com link » Whirlwind Pinball Reproduction Playfield

On the contrary, he probably does know and is trying to sell this for buck$$$ before the new ones are available.

#2519 8 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

On the contrary, he probably does know and is trying to sell this for buck$$$ before the new ones are available.

I'd much rather save $600 and wait lol

#2521 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Is this reasonable? phoenix.craigslist.org link

Wow, that's more than double what they are worth. And T2 rare? Seriously? It's one of the most produced pinball machines of all time, they made 15K+ of them.

#2522 8 years ago
    Quoted from bronco-jon:

What are looking to pay for a '78 Playboy? ....or should I say, What is a decent one worth?

Depends what the definition of decent is. If you say one with little to no wear, working and nice backglass - you start to hit collector prices a bit, since nice originals are difficult to find. Since these have parts and such to be made restorable, even blown out ones are sought after. Personally, I think if the machine is functionally broken, has anywhere near a decent glass, and has anything above a whitewood for a playfield, I would be ready to pay around $1000.

People out there pricing blown out ones at the collector prices and using the words "nice original" are ridiculous - and those games sit.

Now this one is a decent machine and looks like a nice original. If the seller is willing to negotiate on it they might sell. I think the advertised price is about twice what people are willing to pay, and $3500 is about the price for immaculate fully restored games.

cleveland.craigslist.org link

#2523 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Is this reasonable? phoenix.craigslist.org link

$10,250
    "I've left some room for you to do some customizing and resale"
    " Terminator plays fine, the other two play, but have glitches."

one picture of the machines, no close ups, 4 pictures of arcade machines he also wants to sell. Maybe you can talk him down to $10,000.

#2524 8 years ago

In his defense, it is 3 machines he's selling for 10K not just terminator.

#2525 8 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

In his defense, it is 3 machines he's selling for 10K not just terminator.

They're still way above market price--especially for routed games with issues and (probably) hacks.

#2526 8 years ago

sfbay.craigslist.org link

$3350 for the Mata Hari. Here's the important parts of the Ad:

1977 Bally Mata Hari pinball machine ....plays great $3,350. The machine is located in San Jose ca.

The rest is all pulled from the arcade museum

#2527 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

$3350 for the Mata Hari. Here's the important parts of the Ad:
    1977 Bally Mata Hari pinball machine ....plays great $3,350. The machine is located in San Jose ca.
    The rest is all pulled from the arcade museum

Pictures don't jive either. Each picture is in a different location / has different things / has different price and instruction cards.

#2528 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Pictures don't jive either. Each picture is in a different location / has different things / has different price and instruction cards.

The photos came from IPDB.

#2529 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Gilligan's Island $3100
    Is this funny?

Not as funny as this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32762

#2530 8 years ago

Check out all the FS ads--must be California prices or something...

#2531 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Check out all the FS ads--must be California prices or something...

Yeah right!!! There is a long history there. Things were much nicer when he was in hiding for a while... I see he's back at it.

#2532 8 years ago

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

I have 5 pinball machines 1 bally amigo 1 Williams dealer choice works 90 % real clean 3 Gottlieb pinball machines one jack in the box and one jumping jack and one surf champ all will need some work on them to get them 100 % working so they are all projects selling all for $2500.00 OBO
    I am selling these as a lot deal to the best offer or i will sell you one or two of them text for price

#2533 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

inlandempire.craigslist.org link
    I have 5 pinball machines 1 bally amigo 1 Williams dealer choice works 90 % real clean 3 Gottlieb pinball machines one jack in the box and one jumping jack and one surf champ all will need some work on them to get them 100 % working so they are all projects selling all for $2500.00 OBO
    I am selling these as a lot deal to the best offer or i will sell you one or two of them text for price

That doesn't look so bad. The machines appear to be in pretty good shape.

#2534 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Ya obviously a collector that doesn't want to give away his games for free and it looks like he has a lot more cool stuff in that garage. $500 per game on those titles doesn't sound too bad. Not a steal but hardly out of the ball park price range.

#2535 8 years ago

Dealer selling a 1977 D Gottlieb Bronco Pinball Machine with pictures of a modern Stern Mpu and driver board? Must have been some upgrade lol.
    newjersey.craigslist.org link

#2536 8 years ago

Happy April Fools' Day: Seinfeld pinball for sale!

seinfeld-pinball_(resized).pngseinfeld-pinball_(resized).png

#2537 8 years ago

I guess it is April fools day!

detroit.craigslist.org link

#2538 8 years ago

funny thing is that picture is from the arcade controls site it was a Virtual pin and the next in the series shows it from a different angle and it was an empty cabinet at that point.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=111201.0

bbb_(resized).jpgbbb_(resized).jpg

#2539 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Quoted from davideokills:

Ya obviously a collector that doesn't want to give away his games for free and it looks like he has a lot more cool stuff in that garage. $500 per game on those titles doesn't sound too bad. Not a steal but hardly out of the ball park price range.

fair enough but here is his updated ad...evidently if you buy them all it will cost more than individual purchase...

I have 5 pinball machines 1 bally amigo 1 Williams dealer choice works 90 % real clean 3 Gottlieb pinball machines one jack in the box and one jumping jack and one surf champ all will need some work on them to get them 100 % working so they are all projects but work some what just need contact cleaning.
    Surf champ $750.00
    Jack in the box $450.00
    Jumping jack $350.00
    Dealer choice $375.00
    Amigo $250.00
    Sell all for $2200.00 firm

#2540 8 years ago

Austin TX area 1977 Stern Stampede $3000. austin.craigslist.org link
    Was listed hours earlier for $1600, at this rate it will be over $10k before dark.

#2541 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

fair enough but here is his updated ad...evidently if you buy them all it will cost more than individual purchase...
    I have 5 pinball machines 1 bally amigo 1 Williams dealer choice works 90 % real clean 3 Gottlieb pinball machines one jack in the box and one jumping jack and one surf champ all will need some work on them to get them 100 % working so they are all projects but work some what just need contact cleaning.
    Surf champ $750.00
    Jack in the box $450.00
    Jumping jack $350.00
    Dealer choice $375.00
    Amigo $250.00
    Sell all for $2200.00 firm

I want to make sure I am not missing something here. If someone were to buy them all as a package deal, it costs them $25 more?

Man, the deals are getting tougher!

Nevermind

#2542 8 years ago

The CL ad was flagged & taken down very quickly so I didn't get a chance to link/copy it, but on Friday some dude in NYC listed an NBA Fastbreak for free to whoever texted him the best haiku poem.

#2543 8 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

The CL ad was flagged & taken down very quickly so I didn't get a chance to link/copy it, but on Friday some dude in NYC listed an NBA Fastbreak for free to whoever texted him the best haiku poem.

Friday was April fools day after all. I saw two ads for free de Star Wars machines to the first to show up. Lol.

#2544 8 years ago

$950 taxi sounds like a great deal...
    milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Playfield is worn see pics."
    Works good but one pop bumper doesn't pop and the contacts on a couple of the drop down targets need to be cleaned"

Looking closely at the playfield, either it's water logged (there's spots on the glass), or someone pulled the mylar and left all the residue behind (and took part of the paint with it). Possibly a good project, potentially a LOT of work.

#2545 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

$950 taxi sounds like a great deal...
    " target="_blank">milwaukee.craigslist.org link
    Playfield is worn see pics."
    Works good but one pop bumper doesn't pop and the contacts on a couple of the drop down targets need to be cleaned"
    Looking closely at the playfield, either it's water logged (there's spots on the glass), or someone pulled the mylar and left all the residue behind (and took part of the paint with it). Possibly a good project, potentially a LOT of work.

I see what you're saying there. Maybe it's a little bit high for its condition, but realize that if the game was in better condition, or they did some of the work to bring it there, they'd probably be asking double that or more. Taxi is a hot property at present. If they are willing to negotiate a little down from that opening price, it should sell.

#2546 8 years ago

The actual bingo machine is the LAST photo, but the ad context combined with the photo was still quite funny.
    "before flippers" really gave me a laugh.
    Everything imaginable beforehand including anvils, wigs, lazy boys, cuckoo clocks, and couches.
    This was not meant as an April Fool's joke, just the seller reused everything from other ads.

Untitled-1_(resized).jpgUntitled-1_(resized).jpg

#2547 8 years ago

$2,000 Strato-Flite. Claims HUO. Cabinet says otherwise and no pics of playfield.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#2548 8 years ago

$75,000 Back To The Future on eBay...
    ebay.com link: itm

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2549 8 years ago

how about an Monte Carlo for $895...oh wait, that's just for a backglass
    sandiego.craigslist.org link
    I have a Bally Monte Carlo pinball machine backglass in near perfect condition that I purchased 25 years ago in Germany.
    If you are looking for a near perfect backglass for your restoration project or just for a very cool piece of art to hang in your game room or office, this is it.

For more information on the piece and the pricing of specimens depending on condition you might want to check out some of the links below:

For detailed information on the Bally Monte Carlo pinball machine:
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1621

Info on a German company selling it (website in English):
    http://www.pinball-shop.de/product_info.php?ea_sub=1342&m=shop&p_id=930&ea=1&language=en

Info on a US company selling it:

http://www.thepinballcompany.com/highendrestorations.aspx

If you are interested, I am happy to send you more detailed photos to document the condition.
    I am asking $ 895.00 but will entertain reasonable offers.

Thanks for looking.

#2550 8 years ago
    Quoted from rsmag9:

$75,000 Back To The Future on eBay...
    ebay.com link

image_(resized).png

Yeah, that's been covered already. At one point the guy was asking $100K.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-holy-grail-of-pinballs

There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.