5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,889 posts
  • 833 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 minutes ago by Happy81724
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,282 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.20.28 PM (resized).png
    2F3C666F-28E1-4AE1-AC6C-127FF5D7BEF9 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200112-234317__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-122632_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Poker (resized).png
    1D4A4CEC-033A-416D-87A7-44917CCC8C28 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.16.03 AM (resized).png
    1qi8cf (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200101-113037 (resized).png
    6FCE4F7D-244B-44DE-90EA-A8294C3B3E5A (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191230-184904__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-083117__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-081551__01 (resized).jpg
    76B56859-1A01-4C2B-9128-C8DBDBB2F21D (resized).jpeg
    fish tales (resized).jpg

There are 6889 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 138.
    #2451 3 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Given a bit of time, the local collector community will accomplish shutting him down and blacklist him to protect buyers. The word is already been circulated, and there methods to eliminate the problem legitimately, as legally it is difficult to prove what is occurring. I do not use names on PinSide.

Someone has begun outing him on a few of the pinball pages on Facebook a few hours ago.

#2452 3 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

This guy is still at it. Selling other peoples machines he does not own for rediculous prices. ebay.com link » Vintage Original 1983 Firepower Ii Pinball Machine Williams Arcade Man Cave

Link says...........This listing was ended because the item is no longer available. It was never available,lol

#2453 3 years ago

longisland.craigslist.org link

1977 gottlieb pinball machine RARE VULCAN!!! - $3000

Selling a gottlied pinball machine. Beautiful wood work. No chips on glass. Machine turns on but doesn't have game play. All sound seem to be working fine.

$3000 or best offer. Local pick up

pasted_image_(resized).png

#2454 3 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

"Gladiator one is worth 8,000. It is in great condition, all lights and actions work. Vintage pinball that can we played with by kids without being damaged

Dirty Harry is 5,000 because one of the 4 flippers doesn't work(2 upper and two lower). It also has one spot that we blocked off cuz the ball gets stuck. Still works great and would only be a couple bucks to fix those two things. Has the gun handle as a ball shooter and is really detailed

open to negotiation but cash only"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what a deal, he knocked some of the price off dirty harry because there's a flipper issue. Where are these people getting these prices? seriously!

#2455 3 years ago

That gladiators is dirty as hell too!

#2456 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Dirty Harry is 5,000 because one of the 4 flippers doesn't work(2 upper and two lower). It also has one spot that we blocked off cuz the ball gets stuck. Still works great and would only be a couple bucks to fix those two things. Has the gun handle as a ball shooter and is really detailed
    open to negotiation but cash only"

hmmmm, I guess my 4th flipper on dirty harry hasn't been working either lately.....

#2457 3 years ago

This morning Gladiators was at $10,000 and Dirty Harry was at $8,000.

#2458 3 years ago

I paid 800 for my gladiators, in much better shape, sounds like i have a good investment!

#2460 3 years ago

I like how the fix is only a couple bucks but the machine is 5,000 lol

#2461 3 years ago

Down to $4000 each! Lol

#2462 3 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

Down to $4000 each! Lol

....and now $3k each. Free by morning??

#2463 3 years ago

Now they are up on ebay. 10k starting bid.

ebay.com link » Pinball Machines

#2464 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Did you READ the description???? "all lights and actions work" .....
    That's totally worth a price bump
    faz

#2466 3 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

sandiego.craigslist.org link

Ooooo..."SPECIAL OFFER". I'd better act now!

#2467 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

No, $6k starting bid, and it's for both machines now. Zero feedback too. He lives in the next town from me, I should stop by his house and slap some sense into him.

#2468 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, $6k starting bid, and it's for both machines now. Zero feedback too. He lives in the next town from me, I should stop by his house and slap some sense into him.

Wow, an easy fix that adds 3k in value. Nothing against sellers who want to sell a game with problems, but it always cracks me up how some sellers downplay the issues, how easy it is to fix, etc.

#2469 3 years ago

"CB Charlie pinball machine wanted"

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

I've never seen a wanted ad for a Wonder Wizard game.

#2470 3 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

"CB Charlie pinball machine wanted"
    " target="_blank">cincinnati.craigslist.org link
    I've never seen a wanted ad for a Wonder Wizard game.

Well, to be fair, C B Charlie is the Medieval Madness of Wonder Wizard pins...

#2473 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

panamacity.craigslist.org link

Copied for posterity:

Hand crafted pinball machine - $2900

One of a kind hand crafted pinball machine u will not find another one like this serious buyers only

#2474 3 years ago

I'll just leave this here...

newyork.craigslist.org link

SE-CL_(resized).jpg

#2475 3 years ago

I really wish there was a photo of this one.

RARE!!! Sitdown 8 ball Pinball machine $8500

"I have probably the rarest pinball machine you will ever see or find ......... Just like arcades have upright and sitdown versions...... This is a sitdown pinball.... Neatest thing you'll ever see........ Never get tired standing and playing pinball again. Sit on the floor and play or relax in a bean bag chair and play..... This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Has no legs, may have come from an arcade for children or midgets or something...... It's neat and a great for playing comfort......"

I am sure this is rare since it is getting pretty hard to find those "midget" arcades anymore.

poconos.craigslist.org link

#2476 3 years ago
    Quoted from dpqrm:

I really wish there was a photo of this one.
    RARE!!! Sitdown 8 ball Pinball machine $8500
    "I have probably the rarest pinball machine you will ever see or find ......... Just like arcades have upright and sitdown versions...... This is a sitdown pinball.... Neatest thing you'll ever see........ Never get tired standing and playing pinball again. Sit on the floor and play or relax in a bean bag chair and play..... This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Has no legs, may have come from an arcade for children or midgets or something...... It's neat and a great for playing comfort......"
    I am sure this is rare since it is getting pretty hard to find those "midget" arcades anymore.
    poconos.craigslist.org link

"Just like arcades have upright and sitdown versions"

Y'know... like you commonly see in every arcade.

I'm dying to see a photo of this machine.

#2477 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

SE-CL_(resized).jpg

I don't blame the guy. I've been seeing that toy pop up at the same price for *months*. It's been pretty annoying.

#2478 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Copied for posterity:

Hand crafted pinball machine - $2900

One of a kind hand crafted pinball machine u will not find another one like this serious buyers only

that's neat.. Not $2900 neat, but neat.

#2479 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't blame the guy.

Yeah me neither! Here I thought it was the same CL ad alert again until I noticed the "GOOD GOD MAKE IT STOP" part afterwards. I about died laughing.

#2481 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Don't you just love these A$$ Hats who join Pinside just to sell a game. If he spent a little time actually reading the forum, he may not look like such a tool.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/31774

I don't see anything wrong with this market ad, or the seller.
    How is a person that does not read the forum a tool?
    Thousands lurk, but NEVER post, due to PinSide shenanigans drama.
    Many of the most experienced members in the pinball hobby, rarely post for this exact reason.
    If they do, post number in many cases is very low.

Ad wording is specific, photos are detailed, large, and clear, and price is negotiable as stated, which is more than I can say for most half arsed ads on Ebay, CL, PinSide, and every other sale, broker, or consignment website on the internet.
    Backglass looks good, cabinet is average, playfield is well above average for age, plastics excellent.
    If it legitimate (and truthful) it will probably sell, at whatever price.
    Exactly how many games do you have anyway that look like this after 40 years?
    Maybe all of your EMs, maybe none.

It does not make a new member who posts once an "a$$ hat", especially if they are very direct upfront for a market.
    The machine is still available for sale in some manner, or would you rather it be on Ebay or PinSide as an Ebay announcement?

#2482 3 years ago

Ok, so I had a poor post. Move on.

#2483 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

SE-CL_(resized).jpg

Good grief...the original listing keeps being listed every two days. It's getting really annoying.

#2484 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good grief...the original listing keeps being listed every two days. It's getting really annoying.

A friend of mine bought one of these at a garage sale for 20 bucks or so. And it was working!
    It's good fun for kids.

#2485 3 years ago

Great pictures of the playfield and glass!
    longisland.craigslist.org link

Pic_(resized).png

#2486 3 years ago

WYSIWYG... there is no glass, BG, PF, Scoring motor, legs... it's just a beat up cab with scratched up artwork.

oh... and a coin door that had every child in Long Island rub their grubby hands all over it for 40 years.

NOT a marketing genius!
    faz

#2487 3 years ago

Well, here's the laugh on this one. I sold a game just like this here in Omaha to a guy named "Mike" for $200.00. I think I bought it for $100.00, shopped it out, bought a new playing field glass, got everything working (it was a bugger because three coils were burnt out and shorting things) and now this ad shows up. I'm not saying it's the same one, but you be the judge!

omaha.craigslist.org link

Here's a picture of the one that I sold....I'm pretty sure it's the same machine. I know I took a loss on the sale, but I really just wanted it out of the house and in a good home....so much for that! HA!

PC302972_(resized).JPG

#2488 3 years ago

Wow, talk about getting a kick in the nuts after taking a loss. That kind of stuff ruins it for everyone. I definitely think it's the exact same game, name matches & everything. How this guy can live with himself, I have no idea. If I came into a deal like that, I would have to split the profits with who I bought it from if I ended up selling for a high dollar somehow. I'd like to keep building my pinball karma.

The CL link had some extra characters on it, I fixed that for you. omaha.craigslist.org link

#2489 3 years ago

When I buy games from folks, I usually ask them to hang on to my number in case they have/find any more games for sale.

This one time, I had a guy call me saying he found an atari game for $500. I said no, that was too much for a non-working Atari game and asked if he would go $250. He said no, he couldn't do that, but he could do $400. So, suspecting that something was up, I did a couple minutes of searching, found the original craigslist ad listing the game for $200. All they guy said was "sorry, just trying to make a buck" I ended up grabbing the game from the person who posted the craigslist ad for a little less than $200 since the owner just wanted it gone.

#2490 3 years ago

Ouch ForceFlow...that's nuts!

sevenrites - it's really no big deal. I sent the guy a email just to ask him if he accidentally added a "0". Be interesting what his responds will be...offended or apologetic! I'm guessing no responds....oh well. He must like the game that much, because he's going to be keeping it for a while at that price!

#2491 3 years ago

Haha, yea still... It hurts a bit to see that. I don't mind passing off a good deal but I'd prefer to see it go to someone less fortunate or well off and not some capitalist flipping extortionist pig. He should just eBay it if he wants to keep the extra zero, then he'll at least be in similar company there. I tried calling the number and got no answer. I was going to ask if it came with a pristine collection of vintage silver coins in the coin box.

#2492 3 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

Well, here's the laugh on this one. I sold a game just like this here in Omaha to a guy named "Mike" for $200.00. I think I bought it for $100.00, shopped it out, bought a new playing field glass, got everything working (it was a bugger because three coils were burnt out and shorting things) and now this ad shows up. I'm not saying it's the same one, but you be the judge!
    omaha.craigslist.org link
    Here's a picture of the one that I sold....I'm pretty sure it's the same machine. I know I took a loss on the sale, but I really just wanted it out of the house and in a good home....so much for that! HA!
    PC302972_(resized).JPG

FWIW, I *think* it's coincidence, and not the same machine. Yours has a dark patch in the woodgrain at the bottom left of the front of the backbox which is not there on the $2000 one.

$200 seems like a crazy good deal, and massively underpriced.
    $2000 seems like a crazy bad deal, and massively overpriced.

#2493 3 years ago

Boring standard overpriced Hurricane:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

"This Pin is shopped and completely gone through by our expert staff."

Screen_Shot_2016-03-17_at_1.39.41_PM_(resized).png

Experts that missed the credit dot.

Oh, and if you visit the sales page on their website - they have a few pictures of tables. Granted - they don't actually say that they have these particular tables for sale, but one of these things is not like the other.

http://www.summitamusement.com/sales/

#2494 3 years ago

Bally's Embryon for $1K.
    Nice condition with all original paint.
    Just the backglass

embryonBackglass.jpg

#2495 3 years ago

3k. Really?

Screenshot_2016-03-17-22-54-33.png

#2496 3 years ago

dayton.craigslist.org link

It's a 1961 Williams Skill Ball - the backglass photo looks like a screenshot from Pinside, but the playfield photo is actually a 1958 Williams Gusher (photo gleaned from the IPDB). The third photo is just a flyer.

The ad says that he couldn't get his own photos to load, but all pinball playfields are the same, right?

Screen_Shot_2016-03-18_at_11.32.48_AM_(resized).png

#2497 3 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Bally's Embryon for $1K.
    Nice condition with all original paint.
    Just the backglass

I told him he was no way gonna get that price without the machine too.
    Mike

#2498 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

This sale escalated quickly.. He's already down to $3700 for both machines (gladiator and dirty harry). Still a little high, but if he adjusted his pricing that quick, wonder what he would really take for either
    chicago.craigslist.org link

"Gladiator is in perfect condition. All lights and actions work and colors are still great. Worth $1,500

Dirty Harry pinball machine could bring 3,000 easy but one flipper(1of 4) and action are broken. I got it looked at by a restoration company and it is only a 250 dollar fix. Id rather try to sell it than fix it. Selling it for $2,200

Open to negotiation on both prices but only cash offers "

#2499 3 years ago

I know this is technically a CL thread, but this was just too "WTF" funny.
    ebay.com link » 1981 Centaur By Bally
    It's in my city, but I don't know the seller.

"The playfield , back glass is in mint condition. For those who don’t know pinball the playfield has swirls which adds to the greatness of this game".
    Contradict yourself much? Or maybe I just have a different opinion on the definition of MINT.

#2500 3 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

this was just too "WTF" funny

"Since storage the MPU has acid damage and no longer works. Hate to part with but I have enough on my plate"

Wow, $4k STARTING bid for an unshopped centaur with CPU damage. In the history of the pinball price guide, a centaur has never sold for more than $4,300 and I would imagine it would be a really nice one.

There are 6889 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 138.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside