Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,860 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Foxxstone_80
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 178.
    #2301 8 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

This really pisses me off... And its warped.
    ebay.com link » Williams Firepower Pinball Machine Used Slingshot Plastic

He also shows that it is warped. so he's not hiding a thing

#2302 8 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

</blockq

#2303 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

And he would tell you to GTFO. Pretty simple, actually.

I was going to respond something similar but chose not to lol. If he didn't take $1200 I'm not quite sure why he would take $800. A lot of time I find it best to tell unrealistic sellers that we are just too far apart. I offer nice words and some advice and bid them farewell. Half of the time they call back and offer the game for a lot less after it doesn't sell. However, if you guys find the "hey d-bag, you have your garbage way over priced. Sell it to me for peanuts!!" Method to be better then so be it I guess. Lol

#2304 8 years ago

I bought a plastic from him. He does gut machines, but I needed a plastic part and he had it.

#2305 8 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I offer nice words and some advice and bid them farewell.

I started this route. He was actually a really really nice guy. We chatted about the game, how much he and his kids love it, and how much we as enthusiasts respect and love it, and I had a very nice conversation telling him that this game isn't worth as much as he thought it was. He told me that he was trying to scare off the lowballers (understandable), and that he was willing to negotiate. I tried to explain to him the process of a restoration, and how much work it'll take to bring this game up to even an average players game, and he seemed totally cool. I offered what I thought was a more than fair deal, and he broke down and refused. He said he had other buyers lined up to pay "much more" than that. I bid him a very pleasant farewell, and I left. I was more mad that I had to drive 1.5 hours on the traffic laden NJ Turnpike to get to the guys place than anything else.

My takeaway, it was negotiation practice for me.

#2306 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I started this route. He was actually a really really nice guy. We chatted about the game, how much he and his kids love it, and how much we as enthusiasts respect and love it, and I had a very nice conversation telling him that this game isn't worth as much as he thought it was. He told me that he was trying to scare off the lowballers (understandable), and that he was willing to negotiate. I tried to explain to him the process of a restoration, and how much work it'll take to bring this game up to even an average players game, and he seemed totally cool. I offered what I thought was a more than fair deal, and he broke down and refused. He said he had other buyers lined up to pay "much more" than that. I bid him a very pleasant farewell, and I left. I was more mad that I had to drive 1.5 hours on the traffic laden NJ Turnpike to get to the guys place than anything else.
    My takeaway, it was negotiation practice for me.

See. That's a reasonable response. He wants more than you were willing to give. No big deal. There will be more pins for sale lol. That's not like saying here's X amount, take it or leave it, your game is junk lol.

I also hate the Pawn Stars, lets point out all the flaws and tell you how bad your stuff is approach. It's ok to point out some of the problems but in the end I'll price it for whatever I want. If I don't sell oh well. People who are overly critical I quit dealing with quickly.

#2307 8 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

The plastic or the seller?

#2308 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

And he would tell you to GTFO. Pretty simple, actually.

Hahaha...wouldn't be such a "fun house" then, would it?

#2309 8 years ago

I think aside from the fact that the sellers have no idea what their game is worth and ask a ridiculous amount, but I feel most of it has to do with their "sentimental" value the game has for them, which there is no value in sentimental value. I know there is a pinball blue book. I'm sure having the current edition handy when negotiating a price it might help. Just my two cents

#2310 8 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted here, but here ya go, LOL.
    That CL ad should narrow the title down oh - to what - several thousand?
    (Maybe teh description of 'hard wood with a veneer' should help!).

wheeling.craigslist.org link

#2312 8 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

" CALLS ONLY....Sorry We Do Not Communicate Through Texting

I have a late 60's to early 70's pinball machine.

This IS NOT china, taiwan, or hong kong junk... solid hard wood was actually used for the framing and then a veneer was applied to the face of it.

Tripple chrome plated on base metal trim/castings/moldings, and so not the CHEAP plastic that manufactures learned how to put a CHEAP chrome plating on.

This is the table top model that measures (will update soon)

Missing the key for the lock but can still be opened.

Would have listed it on Ebay and been sold in less than a week but because of the size and weight of these, people don't want to pay the high costs of shipping and so is available for LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY

Will upload pictures and more information soon since we're still trying to do some research on it and need to recharge the batteries for our camera.

Will accept reasonable offers

Located near Knoxville between Steubenville Ohio 43952 and Toronto Ohio 43964 off of State Rt. 213

If interested please call 7Four0 3Four6 6ZeroFour9

CALLS ONLY...Sorry we DO NOT communicate through texting and if no answer, please leave a message and we will call you back asap ) "

Wait, a Late 60's Early 70's table top pin? That's got to narrow it down.

Maybe it's one of these:
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4022&picno=3061

#2313 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Will upload pictures and more information soon since we're still trying to do some research on it and need to recharge the batteries for our camera.

A heavy tabletop model = it's missing it's legs. Sounds like a dream. "We're still trying to do some research" = "I didn't see one on eBay for $10,000 and now I don't know where else to look..."

And need to recharge the batteries for our camera? These days they could've done that in the time it took to type the ad, at least enough to snap a few shots. This poster is either a really old person....or a moron. Why is the ad written like they're angry about something...or just proud of a heavy duty American-built product?

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

CALLS ONLY...Sorry we DO NOT communicate through texting and if no answer, please leave a message and we will call you back asap ) "

And they don't communicate via text...but they know to use emoji's and smiley faces using characters? I absolutely have to see a pic of this game!!

#2314 8 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

And going back, the ad has been up for over a month. They must have a really slow charger, on top of superb research skills.

#2316 8 years ago

anyone read mr pinball classifieds this morning?

Evel Knevel Home Model, 1977 Bally: 2000
    Beautiful machine. Works all the way and is in immaculate shape. Very rare home model without a coin door and slightly smaller than a normal pin. Believed that Bally only made 50 or so of these due to Evel having some bad publicity right at the time of production and they ceased building them. This one is simply gorgeous. Has one wear spot in front of the slingshot. Call, email or text.

Now evel knievel home model is rare and worth 2k? Also BS about both them only making 50 home models, if that were the case I wouldn't see them every month on craigslist.

#2317 8 years ago

altoona.craigslist.org link
    Very descriptive and in the US!

#2318 8 years ago

I thought the pointless line of "it's been HOU since 20XX" line was bad but now:
    "new out of box" (weren't they all at one point) "with less than 1000 plays" (must mean 999), wtf ???
    atlanta.craigslist.org link
    2015_Stern___KISS___pinball_machine_-NEW_OUT_OF_BOX_2016-02-12_07-54-42_(resized).png2015_Stern___KISS___pinball_machine_-NEW_OUT_OF_BOX_2016-02-12_07-54-42_(resized).png

Who is the target for stupid lines like that??

I guess its time to list my 02 Tacoma at 2015 retail prices as "brand new right off the showroom with less than 110,000 miles"

#2319 8 years ago

You missed his NASCAR ad. It is new out of box, less than 50 plays and only 10 years old!

atlanta.craigslist.org link

Tom is a legend in ATL and the southeast.

#2320 8 years ago

I love this ad.
    The description reads "Cabinet has been enhanced by local artist and an original 18x24 oil painting, on canvas, "THE AWAKENING" has been mounted on the rear panel"

worcester.craigslist.org link

painting_(resized).jpgpainting_(resized).jpg

#2321 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

I love this ad "SOUND STAGE PINBALL MACHINE"
    The description reads "Cabinet has been enhanced by local artist and an original 18x24 oil painting, on canvas, "THE AWAKENING" has been mounted on the rear panel"
    worcester.craigslist.org link

painting_(resized).jpg

Hahah. I guess that's what you do when you don't like someone's artwork.

"Hey Joe, I made this painting just for you!"
    "Uhh... gee... thanks Frank, it's great. Really. "
    "You like it?"
    "Uhh, yeah. I'm going to display it right here, behind my pinball machine. It'll face away from the room to protect it from UV. And I'll nail it AND glue it in place, to protect it from falling onto the hard floor."
    "Sweet, thanks man!"

#2322 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Hahah. I guess that's what you do when you don't like someone's artwork.
    "Hey Joe, I made this painting just for you!"
    "Uhh... gee... thanks Frank, it's great. Really. "
    "You like it?"
    "Uhh, yeah. I'm going to display it right here, behind my pinball machine. It'll face away from the room to protect it from UV. And I'll nail it AND glue it in place, to protect it from falling onto the hard floor."
    "Sweet, thanks man!"

My first thought was that the machine was placed in front of a window so the painting could be seen from the outside, but I like your explanation better.

#2323 8 years ago

longisland.craigslist.org link

Kiss pinball machine (Deer oark)

I am selling my 1978 Bally kiss pinball machine. Needs some work... When restored they just for as much as $9000 on eBay. I am asking $2950.... Thanks for looking.

The playfield is completely blown out in the middle
    pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#2324 8 years ago

I found this in my neck of the woods in Orange County, California

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#2325 8 years ago
    #2326 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

What about this one
    inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Damn only 100 DH's ever made. Better get that one while you can!

#2327 8 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Damn only 100 DH's ever made. Better get that one while you can!

Seller claims it is a "sample" with drop target in safe house

I think it should have been the warehouse

they made 4248 games total

#2328 8 years ago

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

I emailed them. Not kidding. They want $1900 for the Spanish Eyes. As a courtesy, I sent them a picture of the 2015 Mr. Pinball price guide showing them the game isn't worth more than $450. I couldn't stop laughing that they listed the SE for more than the Fire. Some people on CL are too much.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2329 8 years ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Doozie, fully restored? Only $3700!!!

Screenshot_2016-02-14-12-14-16_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-02-14-12-14-16_(resized).png

#2330 8 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Screenshot_2016-02-14-12-14-16_(resized).png

I won't waste the time...but I so badly would love to email this guy and point out not only his ridiculously exorbitant price, but all the misstatements in his ad. "Electrode Magnet game", "made a temple of all graphics", there are way too many to bother retyping. And it's fully restored but has old yellow rubbers on it?

#2331 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I won't waste the time...but I so badly would love to email this guy and point out not only his ridiculously exorbitant price, but all the misstatements in his ad. "Electrode Magnet game", "made a temple of all graphics", there are way too many to bother retyping. And it's fully restored but has old yellow rubbers on it?

on top of that He claims that DAFFIE was made for Australia! and it is the ADD-A-BALL version.

#2332 8 years ago

Doozie now just $1700
    Same pictures and text.

#2333 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Doozie now just $1700
    Same pictures and text.

Haha thats funny. I offered him $650 and he said he would do $1000. Which seems pretty close to fair. I just think there are sooooo many people out there not nessesarily being greedy but always thinking there is a chump out there that will but it not that that isn't true. But it seems pinball has generaly been going up and up has the supply gets thinner and thinner which makes sense.

#2334 8 years ago

Spirit of 76 Pinball Machine RARE - $1250 (Apple Valley)

PRODUCTION 10,300 = SERIOUSLY RARE???

#2335 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Spirit of 76 Pinball Machine RARE - $1250 (Apple Valley)
    PRODUCTION 10,300 = SERIOUSLY RARE???

So what would be a fair price. He's about an hour away from me

#2336 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

I have the two player version of it, Pioneer, and I have $1000 in it, so he really isn't that far off in price. IMO
    Looks super clean

#2337 8 years ago

Isn't there another pinball machine that's similar but I think it has a bumper that pops up in between the flippers to keep the ball from draining. It's 76 something??

#2338 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Seller claims it is a "sample" with drop target in safe house
    I think it should have been the warehouse
    they made 4248 games total

I bought the pinbot from this guy a few weeks ago( you can see the cab of it in one of the DH pics) and looked at this DH and he also has a Tommy For sale...nice guy but the DH and tommy are not as nice as he claims

#2339 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

I've come across quite a few Spirit of 76 pins...ranging from $350 to $750. And they were in very good condition. The fact remains, as stated, they made a boatload of those games so they are all over the place.

#2340 8 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Hey, it's an Electrode Magnet!

#2341 8 years ago

misread

#2342 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

Isn't there another pinball machine that's similar but I think it has a bumper that pops up in between the flippers to keep the ball from draining. It's 76 something??

Early production Bally Freedom EM.

#2343 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Black Knight pinball machine toy

This BK2000 pin has been relisted over and over again. I think I first saw it listed for around $275, and it has been steadily dropping in price to where it sits at $165 at the moment.

Get it while it's hot!

#2344 8 years ago

That one looks home use only.

#2345 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This BK2000 pin has been relisted over and over again. I think I first saw it listed for around $275, and it has been steadily dropping in price to where it sits at $165 at the moment.
    Get it while it's hot!

I think that thing is actually pretty cool!!! I haven't seen them around that often either.

Quoted from o-din:

That one looks home use only.

Less than 49,999 plays!!! I think I'd rather have this than some of the home use models of real pins that are out there.

#2346 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

ebay.com link » Black Knight Pinball Machine Toy
    Get it while it's hot!

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

Well it is listed as a "TOY"

#2347 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

ebay.com link » Black Knight Pinball Machine Toy
    Get it while it's hot!

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

Meh. I need a better pic of the shooter lane before I bite.

#2348 8 years ago

$6,000 Chicago Bears machine. Market price on this one must be up after that stellar season performance this year.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#2349 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

$6,000 Chicago Bears machine. Market price on this one must be up after that stellar season performance this year.

Do you think he'd take $5500? Sometimes I like to offer these guys something close to their asking price and laugh when they turn it down. Or if they bit tell them you'll be right out to pick it up after you finish eating dinner.

#2350 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Free to Jay Cutler as long as he leaves town with it.

There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.