Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 178.
    #2201 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

chicago.craigslist.org link
    Lethal Weapon
    One weak picture and this description.
    "Asking only $3,350. Great deal considering the price on other Data East machines currently on CL."

I saw there was a recent explosion of DE games recently. BTTF was over $4k and so was TFTC if I'm not mistaken.

Shoot, maybe I should post my RoboCop. Might be up to $10k by Christmas at this rate.

#2202 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Saw this yesterday
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

First you get the money... then you get the pinballs... then you get... no. It pretty much stops at the second thing.

#2203 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

First you get the money... then you get the pinballs... then you get... no. It pretty much stops at the second thing.

Nice Tony Montana reference, but you could actually get some beer too! Or maybe "then you get the mods"

#2204 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I emailed this guy, asked why he's selling in 2 cities 5 hours apart:

I actually did email this guy and seriously asked if he would take $1800 to $2k + shipping costs, and he responded "You do not know pinball verie well, this game is wotrh much more then that." (his spelling)

I should have just emailed and asked if he would sell me the game if I promised to make a donation to the "Save the Clock Tower" fund. Some of these sellers don't deserve to have pins in their possession.

Biff_(resized).jpgBiff_(resized).jpg

#2205 8 years ago

austin.craigslist.org link

"Purchased in early 90's and only played inside house."

#2206 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Damn it!....I'm only looking for one that's been played strictly outside, or preferably sitting on a porch for 10 years. Moving on.

#2207 8 years ago

Didn't know BTTF was a $5K game now...rare at only 3,000 made

#2208 8 years ago

It was definitely worth $5k...if Doc Brown threw it in the car and took it back to Hill Valley in 1955. I've actually seen people asking quite a bit for a BTTF since the movie's anniversary last October. Still a joke for a DE game, well...at least this one.

#2209 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

"Asking only $3,350. Great deal considering the price on other Data East machines currently on CL."

Well hey, that's all the confirmation I need. I'm buying that sucker right now!

I bought LW3 3 years ago for $1100, flipped it for $1200 and broke even. That guy is going to be waiting a while to even get a response much less a serious offer.

#2210 8 years ago

What? See this before it gets flagged.

#2211 8 years ago

Ad text for when it gets removed:

Pinball Lessons!!

Are you tired of constantly draining your balls at the arcade? Do you want to excel and realize your full potential? Sign up for my pinball lessons, hurry slots are filling fast.

Learn my patent pending two finger tap technique. Let me put my hands on your hips and show you how to nudge with no tilts. I have two of the top 200 pinball machines of all time according to ipdb, shaq attack and hurricane set on only 25 cents a play in addition to my fee. That's cheap!

All lessons include a sandwich made with Safeway select deli meat and a Shasta soda. You cannot have the Pepsi, that is for my step brother frank and he used to be a marine and can rip a mans throat out with his feet. So don't try it.

I am available from 12pm to 7pm Monday through Thursday except from 3 to 4pm because that's when Maury is on and my step mom doesn't want any noise at that time.

Absolutely no women due to a lying liar named PattyJ!!!!!!!

Email please first with the best time to call back and be sure you are by the phone. I have to walk down to the 7-11 to use the pay phone there and I don't want to waist my money.

-Carl

#2213 8 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

All lessons include a sandwich made with Safeway select deli meat and a Shasta soda. You cannot have the Pepsi, that is for my step brother frank and he used to be a marine and can rip a mans throat out with his feet. So don't try it.

I've seen it so many times, but I LMFAO every time I read the ad, or the others posted in the past.

#2214 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinHill:

What? See this before it gets flagged.

That's crazy! ...just think, that's probably somebody here on Pinside

#2215 8 years ago

austin.craigslist.org link

Y'know how sometimes when it's a nice day out and you'll want to take your 350lb pinball machine into the back yard and play a few games? Every game is better in the bright sunlight on uneven turf with the feel of grass under your bare feet.

#2216 8 years ago

or mud between your toes

#2217 8 years ago

a TSPPLE? Oh limited to 5900...

Stern Pinball THE SIMPSONS PINBALL PARTY Limited Edition Original Part - $7000 (Agoura Hills)
    losangeles.craigslist.org link

•safety tips
    •prohibited items
    •product recalls
    •avoiding scams

www.consign.la

Limited to only 5,900 ever made- this iconic game has had one owner only, gently used and carefully stored. All ORIGINAL parts- not refurb. only serviced by licensed Game Doctor Owner.

Video of similar game in play:

The object of THE SIMPSONS/PINBALL PARTY™ is to help the citizens of Springfield to party like there's no tomorrow. The game features a talking-moving Homer head and Bart on a skateboard attached to a captive ball feature, as well as Itchy & Scratchy drop targets and Comic Book Guy. The garage door in THE SIMPSONS' house leads to the second playfield level which features a dot matrix color television, a monorail that transports the ball across the playfield and a couch that when filled with three pinballs starts multi-ball.

The Simpsons Pinball Party is based on the animated sitcom The Simpsons. The game is said to feature one of the most complex rule sheets that has ever been designed for a pinball machine featuring the ability to stack various modes and multi-balls on top of each other. Reaching the "Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode" requires an unusually large number of shots and only a few people have ever reached it.

LOCAL PICK UP ONLY- NO SHIPPING.

Manufacturer Stern Pinball
    Release date 2003
    System Stern WhiteStar
    Design Keith P. Johnson, Joe Balcer
    Programming Keith P. Johnson, Dwight Sullivan
    Artwork Kevin O'Connor, Margaret Hudson
    Mechanics Wesley Chang, Ray Tanzer
    Music Dan Forden
    Sound Chris Granner
    Voices Dan Castellaneta, Nancy Cartwright, Hank Azaria
    Production run 5,900 (approximate)
    •do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

#2220 8 years ago

Didn't know BTTF was a $5K game now...rare at only 3,000 made

Needs to add "Very collectable, very rare. Will sell fast!"

#2221 8 years ago
    Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

" target="_blank">detroit.craigslist.org link

Wow $13000 for STTNG! What a deal. "SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY THANK YOU."

#2222 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waterpolo12:

Hey buddy back off i saw it first!

#2223 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waterpolo12:

Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Hey buddy back off i saw it first!

I think this ad is for the STTNG remake preorder, and he just used a stock photo.

Even if it were, this guy's pin would still be double the price.

#2225 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Love the pic. It's like he's disgusted that this is happening.

#2226 8 years ago

I think it looks like he's the one that made it up

#2227 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waterpolo12:

I want the stuff the guy in Waterford is smoking!

but he may accept $10,750 and make you think your getting a deal!

#2228 8 years ago

Some guy on craigslist wants $10,500 for an MMR with washed out inserts.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#2229 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I want the stuff the guy in Waterford is smoking!
    but he may accept $10,750 and make you think your getting a deal!

He obviously meant to post a BBB and give a great deal.

#2230 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Some guy on craigslist wants $10,500 for an MMR with washed out inserts.
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Four parts:

1) "I am broke and I know I will need the money fast, because I should not have bought the machine in the first place, and realize my mistake way too late".

2) "As a new collector, I believe that any game should automatically be worth more than I originally bought it even though I took it out of the box and played the crap out of it and it is not an original WMS machine."

"It's collectible (reproduction)."
    So is a petified dinosaur turd, folks, but pay whatever you think it is worth.

3) "I am sure nobody will check to see that game can still be ordered NIB, if patient, even though PinSide says people always do significant research on the internet first..."

4)"I know the price is high, because I felt the need to mention price police in my ad, but am too stupid to realize that people will recognize this when reading my description."

#2231 8 years ago

5) "I'm selling this one so I can upgrade to the $13,000 one with readable inserts and without slinshot damage"

#2232 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

5) "I'm selling this one so I can upgrade to the $13,000 one with readable inserts and without slinshot damage"

To quote an old posting.
    "MMRs are better than the original."
    This has too be correct, right?
    I mean new collectors say it is true, so it must completely be accurate.

"I'm a believer, I have been reborn"!

#2233 8 years ago

1976 Captain Fantastic Pinball - $2550 (Brooklyn, Mi)
    detroit.craigslist.org link

And I thought $1595 for one in Ohio was a bit high.

#2234 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"MMRs are better than the original."

Aren't they?

#2235 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Aren't they?

"I will keep my original."
    To each their own.

#2236 8 years ago

Maybe that's why he's selling this one for so much. He wants to upgrade to an original!

#2237 8 years ago

What the heck!!!?!?

stjoseph.craigslist.org link

00R0R_4oNqMqVazr7_600x450_(resized).jpg00R0R_4oNqMqVazr7_600x450_(resized).jpg

00a0a_ePcZXz85fhl_600x450_(resized).jpg00a0a_ePcZXz85fhl_600x450_(resized).jpg

#2238 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

What the heck!!!?!?

It looks like the paint job on that Galaxy was done on Uranus.

#2239 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

What the heck!!!?!?

Didn't even take the legs off to do that atrocity.

#2240 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

What the heck!!!?!?

"Pimp my ride".
    Lettering non-special order from Michaels.
    Homey graffiti paint job included at no extra cost.

#2241 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

What the heck!!!?!?
    stjoseph.craigslist.org link

00R0R_4oNqMqVazr7_600x450_(resized).jpg00a0a_ePcZXz85fhl_600x450_(resized).jpg

Oh wow. If I were buying that, I'd def redo the sides. Still, it's a fun game (it was one of my first), and it looks to be in good shape, shite paint job aside. If they're asking 750, you can probably get it for less, and that would be a great buy.

#2242 8 years ago

I searched Pinball Lessons on Craigslist and found this ad? I thought it was funny. I don't know where Potter is at? I guess he offers references so he has some clients? LOL

amarillo.craigslist.org link

I'm offering pinball lessons to those who would like to improve their ability to play this fun yet at times difficult game. It takes a lot of concentration, but most of all you need the skills and agility like a monkey to be able to keep the ball in play and know the dynamics behind each shot and how the ball reacts within the realm of the playfield. Certain variables are in involved. I can teach you everything you need to know because for all practical purposes I am a pinball wizard. I have a list of references I can offer you so you can check my credentials and Howard Anderson who runs the local arcade and pinball hall in my town knows of my skill and ability. I do offer discounts to seniors and students between the ages of 18-24 because I know money is hard to come by. Again if you are interested in becoming a real wizard like Tommy you can be there very soon.

$35 for an hour or buy a block of 6 lesson for $100

Trades welcomed

BTW - I also wax the playfield of my pinball games. I have several here to play most electronics ones.

Randall
    •do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

#2243 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Pimp my ride".
    Lettering non-special order from Michaels.
    Homey graffiti paint job included at no extra cost.

Too bad they don't have a program that covers restoring pinballs machines to their original condition. I think it would actually be pretty cool.

#2244 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Well hey, that's all the confirmation I need. I'm buying that sucker right now!
    I bought LW3 3 years ago for $1100, flipped it for $1200 and broke even. That guy is going to be waiting a while to even get a response much less a serious offer.

Don't look now! It is priced to sell at $2,950! Wont last long at this price!

#2245 8 years ago

houston.craigslist.org link

"Bally Addams Family Pinball machine in excellent/mint condition. Brand new play field and all new LEDs. Cabinet in great shape! A must have! Call for more details."

Apparently wear around the flipper buttons is still considered mint

#2246 8 years ago

boston.craigslist.org link

""Was 100% shopped when I bought it from a dealer 17 yrs ago""

#2247 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

It is cheaper for a nicer machine than I just posted.

I like this quote on the ad "Wont last..... email me an offer."

#2248 8 years ago

Apparently wear around the flipper buttons is still considered mint

Hey now, what were you expecting for $11,000?

#2249 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

This one has popped up more than once.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tq=17+years&tu

#2250 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Oh wow. If I were buying that, I'd def redo the sides. Still, it's a fun game (it was one of my first), and it looks to be in good shape, shite paint job aside. If they're asking 750, you can probably get it for less, and that would be a great buy.

You might be able to remove the spray paint with Motsenbocker's paint remover without harming the original paint underneath.

I would certainly offer as little as possible, considering the seller "ruined" it.

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.