(Topic ID: 99830)

More Craigslist laughs.

By wayout440

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9321 (resized).png
    image_2024-03-14_213052593.png
    image_2024-03-14_192715726.png
    image_2024-03-14_192145689.png

There are 8,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 177.
    #2151 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

Or you can buy this KISS pinball for $5995
    ventura.craigslist.org link

"A RARE PUECE OF AMERICAN ROCK N' ROL HISTORY"

#2152 8 years ago

Perfect working condition, except the dim middle digits on the displays.

#2153 8 years ago

I knew they were up there

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#2154 8 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Perfect working condition, except the dim middle digits on the displays.

Obviously, something isn't in "perfect working condition" when they have to tag an exception onto that. That's probably not the only thing wrong, either.

#2155 8 years ago

this guy wants to trade some toys for pins...
    losangeles.craigslist.org link

00N0N_j7YkCf7g1E7_600x450_(resized).jpg00N0N_j7YkCf7g1E7_600x450_(resized).jpg
    Im looking to trade my he man and skelator with battlecat & panthor never been open original from early 80's for a pinball machine e-mail only

#2156 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

losangeles.craigslist.org link
    00N0N_j7YkCf7g1E7_600x450_(resized).jpg
    Im looking to trade my he man and skelator with battlecat & panthor never been open original from early 80's for a pinball machine e-mail only

Neat...I've never seen he-man figures in the original boxes.

#2157 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Hard to find High Speed that needs repairs, only $3000
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

This kind of stuff always cracks me up. Only $200 to be fully up and running? If you're asking such a ridiculous amount, then why not spend that and get it 'perfect'? I get that some people don't have the money, time, or desire to fix up a machine before selling, but as a buyer I'd assume the worst.

Also, especially looking at the front coin door picture, hardly great condition.

I wonder how many of these people actually sell machines at these prices??

#2158 8 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

This kind of stuff always cracks me up. Only $200 to be fully up and running? If you're asking such a ridiculous amount, then why not spend that and get it 'perfect'? I get that some people don't have the money, time, or desire to fix up a machine before selling, but as a buyer I'd assume the worst.
    Also, especially looking at the front coin door picture, hardly great condition.
    I wonder how many of these people actually sell machines at these prices??

None of them do, unless it's where two fools met? The one that is selling it and that one that bought it. Again where two fools met. LOL

#2159 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

" target="_blank">losangeles.craigslist.org link
    00N0N_j7YkCf7g1E7_600x450_(resized).jpg

He's smoking crack or something...LOL

#2160 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

Or you can buy this KISS pinball for $5995
    ventura.craigslist.org link

Fade included.

#2161 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Amazingly overpriced lol

image_(resized

My spider-sense is tingling on this one....that would be a reasonable price (maybe) if it were a HER. Not reasonable for what that one looks like. And the Stern Dracula listed earlier...you think a guy that owns a collectibles store would know to keep a pinball game out of direct sunlight...especially one depicting a vampire.

#2162 8 years ago

dallas.craigslist.org link

Gorgar for $1500 HUO since 1982 "Back glass in excellent condition; playing field in good condition; over all in excellent condition. As with any pinball machines of this age it is expected to have a few minor issues."

How do you have an overall excellent condition game with a "good condition" playfield?

#2163 8 years ago
    Quoted from tadowhere:

This has been on chi cl for over a year now. some peepz don't get the hint................ they have way overpriced an item. Heck he should pay me to pick this garbage up, I can use firewood

Lol Yeah...I saw it a few months ago or so...but I cant remember the other funny line he had in there. Something about don't even think you're getting the Ms Pacman for $200

#2164 8 years ago

The one thing this posting and additional threads does very well is kill overpriced and ridiculous ads.
    Not always 100% effective, but enough to make a difference.
    Mission accomplished.

#2165 8 years ago

I know that this about Craigslist listings, but it seems for whatever reason I can't post a new thread like the rest of you and I talked to the webmaster and he can't figure it out so I am doomed I guess? Attached are some pictures of my Topcard Pinball. I've had it about 7 years now and really enjoy it. I actually bought a real Junker for around $200 and on the drive home I got a call from a friend of mine who was selling his Topcard, so yes I bought it. I took the best parts from both machines and made one and sold the other Junker and got my money back. I grew up on this game and always loved racking up the games. I love that knock. My favorite shot is trapping the ball on either flipper and shooting it to the opposite lane when "Specials" is lit and scoring two quick games. I always try to exchange the ball from flipper to the next trying to see how many times I can do it.

Anyway I have too much in it to sale it and I doubt I ever will. Too much meaning I had to pay someone to work on it when I first got it and of course it cost me over the time I had it, but it was worth it. I would like to eventfully learn how to make the repairs myself. The game isn't worth much as it is. I would say $500-600 maybe on a good day, but like I said I love playing so its worth it to me to hang on to it.

So my question to all of you is this? Should I invest in a full top to bottom restoration on the machine or just keep it well maintained and leave everything original condition? I wish I had some advance skills to do the work myself, but I don't which is why I would like to learn the basics.

What would a full restoration cost and what company would you guys suggest?

Again my apologies for posting here on this thread, but I don't have the access on my account to start a new thread. It seems I can only respond to existing threads.

Dan

PS: Whats wrong with the instructions on the game card? Do you see it?

20151031_132912_(resized).jpg20151031_132912_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133214_(resized).jpg20151031_133214_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133240_(resized).jpg20151031_133240_(resized).jpg
    20151031_132933_(resized).jpg20151031_132933_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133248_(resized).jpg20151031_133248_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133221_(resized).jpg20151031_133221_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133227_(resized).jpg20151031_133227_(resized).jpg

20151031_133203_(resized).jpg20151031_133203_(resized).jpg

#2166 8 years ago

No need to restore this machine, but you need to clean and wax that playfield.

Keep it clean, keep it waxed, and here you go.

http://www.pinrepair.com/

follow these guides and you will do just fine.

#2167 8 years ago

St louis CL:

Back to the Future Pinball machine - $4800
    image 1
    condition: good

Operational and in good condition: Back to the Future Pinball Machine

#2168 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

No need to restore this machine, but you need to clean and wax that playfield.
    Keep it clean, keep it waxed, and here you go.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/
    follow these guides and you will do just fine.

Thought it looked pretty dirty too. A bit of novus #2 & some good old Johnson's paste wax will do the trick.

#2169 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

I know that this about Craigslist listings, but it seems for whatever reason I can't post a new thread like the rest of you and I talked to the webmaster and he can't figure it out so I am doomed I guess? Attached are some pictures of my Topcard Pinball. I've had it about 7 years now and really enjoy it. I actually bought a real Junker for around $200 and on the drive home I got a call from a friend of mine who was selling his Topcard, so yes I bought it. I took the best parts from both machines and made one and sold the other Junker and got my money back. I grew up on this game and always loved racking up the games. I love that knock. My favorite shot is trapping the ball on either flipper and shooting it to the opposite lane when "Specials" is lit and scoring two quick games. I always try to exchange the ball from flipper to the next trying to see how many times I can do it.
    Anyway I have too much in it to sale it and I doubt I ever will. Too much meaning I had to pay someone to work on it when I first got it and of course it cost me over the time I had it, but it was worth it. I would like to eventfully learn how to make the repairs myself. The game isn't worth much as it is. I would say $500-600 maybe on a good day, but like I said I love playing so its worth it to me to hang on to it.
    So my question to all of you is this? Should I invest in a full top to bottom restoration on the machine or just keep it well maintained and leave everything original condition? I wish I had some advance skills to do the work myself, but I don't which is why I would like to learn the basics.
    What would a full restoration cost and what company would you guys suggest?
    Again my apologies for posting here on this thread, but I don't have the access on my account to start a new thread. It seems I can only respond to existing threads.
    Dan
    PS: Whats wrong with the instructions on the game card? Do you see it?
    20151031_132912_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133214_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133240_(resized).jpg
    20151031_132933_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133248_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133221_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133227_(resized).jpg
    20151031_133203_(resized).jpg

That playfield will clean up beautifully with a little magic eraser and a few coats of wax.
    No need to do a full blow restore.

#2170 8 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

That playfield will clean up beautifully with a little magic eraser and a few coats of wax.
    No need to do a full blow restore.

Thanks!

#2171 8 years ago

The Amazing Spiderman listed at $1500. "this is the Amazing Spider Man pinball machine in the 1980s the body is in good condition however the game does not work I'm looking for 1800 or best offer call Byron"

#2172 8 years ago

mrs pacman machine, time warp pinball machine, williams world cup - $700

"I have a mrs pacman machine, a time warp pinball machine, and a williams world cup soccer pinball machine for sale. I am in frisco texas. call or text me if interested at"

Has been on Craigslist for 6 days...hmmm. Time for everyone to call asking for all three machines for $700?

#2173 8 years ago

Twin Win in Atl. Stupid price and needs a lot of work but had three nice rusty balls!

The worst part is its on my wish list. Guy won't get to a reasonable price. Said a fully restored machine is worth 2500. Told him it would take more than 2500 to get it restored.

atlanta.craigslist.org link

#2174 8 years ago

kiss pinball machine by bally - $4000

Hi I have a very nice Kiss Pinball Machine by Bally. Its in excellent condition. Every thing works amazing. Asking $4000. I will also consider some trades. We are Interested in A Walking Dead Pro, Metallica Pro, Twilight Zone, and Mid Evil Madness. Thank You

detroit.craigslist.org link

BTW No pictures posted

#2175 8 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Twin Win in Atl. Stupid price and needs a lot of work but had three nice rusty balls!
    The worst part is its on my wish list. Guy won't get to a reasonable price. Said a fully restored machine is worth 2500. Told him it would take more than 2500 to get it restored.
    atlanta.craigslist.org link

What a shame...not a game you come across all that often, and it looks to be in pretty decent shape. Always tough to see a game come up that you've been looking for, but unreasonably priced and it just can't happen. Just a little patina, but some like that unless you're doing a full resto including sanding/repainting. I would stick with him though and call him again in a week or two. He's never going to sell the game at that price, so he should have it for a little while, then should be willing to knock the price down.

I have to say I get tired of people selling games in mediocre to horrible condition, and then when you inquire, they tell you what a fully restored game sells for. It's like, "No shit...and you're game isn't restored." The sad - you miss out on a game you've been looking for, and these people are usually non-hobbyists who have absolutely no idea of the amount of money and time that go into a full resto, or what you have to pay someone to do it.

#2176 8 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

St louis CL:
    Back to the Future Pinball machine - $4800
    image 1
    condition: good
    Operational and in good condition: Back to the Future Pinball Machine

Yeah. That one blows my mind. I could almost get a NIB Stern for that. I wonder if the guy bought it at Amini's and thinks their prices are the standard.

#2177 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Hi I have a very nice Kiss Pinball Machine by Bally. Its in excellent condition. Every thing works amazing. Asking $4000. I will also consider some trades. We are Interested in A Walking Dead Pro, Metallica Pro, Twilight Zone, and Mid Evil Madness. Thank You
    " target="_blank">detroit.craigslist.org link
    BTW No pictures posted

Mid evil madness. As opposed to Max Evil Madness or Minimal Evil madness.

#2178 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

detroit.craigslist.org link

Why doesn't he just ask to trade the crappy old bally game for the modern Stern kiss while he's at it? Clearly he keeps up with the latest pinball releases.

#2179 8 years ago

Just an FYI I finally figured out how to post. "Add Topic" aka "Post"

#2180 8 years ago

Excellent quality but a bit over priced in my book

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2181 8 years ago

I might be mistaken but I believe they're bought this pin on Craigslist less than two months ago and now are selling for a thousand more. Lol

#2182 8 years ago

#2183 8 years ago

#2184 8 years ago

Closer than most lol

#2185 8 years ago

I told them the HUO and fully shopped would be worth more than one that sat up in the playboy club getting banged around with drinks spilled on it. Also the HUO is a bit overpriced and has been sitting awhile. Of course I was told I did not know what I was talking about. Lol

#2186 8 years ago

Same city two different people with a rare steal, both sitting for awhile. lol

#2187 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

I told them the HUO and fully shopped would be worth more than one that sat up in the playboy club getting banged around with drinks spilled on it

I love people that can't spell in ads (without a dought?) he meant doubt, but dought is manhood so I guess it's without manhood? Any of the 3 playboy pinballs are a hard sell because many collectors have kids and the wives aren't real keen about having any of those titles in the house.

#2188 8 years ago

Buy now, and you can have a pinball "READY FOR XMASS" (only like 330 days til Christmas, better get on 'er!)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1122840645&utm_source=alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_alerts

"GLADIATORS
    TAXI
    JACKBOT
    ALL FULLY RECONDITIONED
    READY FOR XMASS
    SHIPPING IS VERY CHEAP
    CALL 613 561 6711 OR 613 484 5043"

#2189 8 years ago

The way I look at it they are stuck with them unless they find some fool to buy them. I agree if you are going to place an ad learn to spell. I think several of us should call the guy and offer him more money than what he's asking, but never show and see if he bumps the price just on the number of calls he got. LOL

#2190 8 years ago

I also love the CL ads where the seller has an attitude. Something like this....

"Don't even think about contacting me if you offer less than $500!! I also will not take checks so don't even bother if that's what you have!"

Is it so hard to type this?

"$500 firm. Cash only."

#2191 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

image_(resized).png
    Jurassic Park pin

If it really is nice, it's not that absurd of a start. He didn't say all offers will be refused. Another seller listed a HUO within the past year for $2,800-$3,200 and it had a few interested parties. I bought my JP last summer and watched several decent condition machines sell for between $2,300-$2,600. Sure, people will say they wouldn't blink until JP came up for $2k or less, but any broken plastics are likely unavailable, if the T-Rex has issues that can be an expensive fix. I remember JP was a $1,500 machine all day every day a few years ago, but it is a title that is going up a bit in price. Most listed would probably be less than collector quality since it was a good earner back in its day.

#2192 8 years ago

Apparently, BTTF is worth a lot more than I thought. When you use the cubs winning the world series as your sales pitch you know you're really pushing it.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#2193 8 years ago
    Quoted from helicopter:

Apparently, BTTF is worth a lot more than I thought. When you use the cubs winning the world series as your sales pitch you know you're really pushing it.

I emailed this guy, asked why he's selling in 2 cities 5 hours apart:
    stlouis.craigslist.org link

#2194 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

stlouis.craigslist.org link

5 hours is nothing when you've got a Delorean time machine.

#2195 8 years ago

Game of Thrones pinball machine - $5000

I am looking to buy a Game of Thrones pinball machine.

Do you have one for sale?

#2196 8 years ago

Hey guys- you seen the pictures I posted of my Topcard game. In your honest opinion what would be a fair and reasonable price for it? I don't want to be one of these guys you laugh at on Craigslist.

#2197 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

You should have asked why he's asking 4 times more than it's worth.

#2198 8 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I also love the CL ads where the seller has an attitude. Something like this....
    "Don't even think about contacting me if you offer less than $500!! I also will not take checks so don't even bother if that's what you have!"
    Is it so hard to type this?
    "$500 firm. Cash only."

Simpler answer, yes.
    Mostly because buyers do not actually read anything NOT IN BIG LETTERS without lots of !!!!

Additionally, the world is full of people that should not breed anyway.
    Look at PinSide.

#2200 8 years ago

Lethal Weapon

One weak picture and this description.

"Asking only $3,350. Great deal considering the price on other Data East machines currently on CL."

There are 8,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 177.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.