5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,209 posts
  • 871 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Md2020
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,357 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9D616C24-0A82-485E-9FF1-BE7E7EEB5999 (resized).png
    246F8775-69A3-4C6B-A773-591617380512 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200523-094148_Chrome (resized).jpg
    06A1F416-6879-4389-AC0F-F2D83F07DCD6 (resized).png
    2020-05-20 16.43.20 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 10.35.38 AM (resized).png
    image-6 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200517-104220_1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200517-104158_1 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 8.59.38 PM (resized).png
    A05BCA56-902D-495A-B173-A0F2D86CE6EC (resized).png
    CE8C82AD-3CE9-4F8B-BF87-9FABA686D84E (resized).png
    Jokerz  (resized).png
    C03CCA94-C0DA-45DD-BB42-AE23C6E49F7A (resized).png
    95953564_3022334181146250_1531934110572871680_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 7209 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 145.
    #2101 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Bally Fireball $1500
    Umm it's a home version
    tucson.craigslist.org link

Wait but they bought it new in 73 or 74. They are the original owner.

#2102 4 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Wait but they bought it new in 73 or 74. They are the original owner.

and was not made untill 1976

#2103 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Bally Fireball $1500
    Umm it's a home version

Well you have to give the guy points for providing lots of pictures at least.

#2104 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Bally Fireball $1500
    Umm it's a home version

At least the owner says its a home version.
    9 out 10 times, owners say "Fireball" and hope people come running with cash.
    Especially when no photos are listed.

The game looks to be in SUPERB+ collector quality condition.
    Somebody just posted "HUO 50 year old machines rarely exist".
    I stated this is more common than people realize, so this is a good example.
    Getting close...

#2105 4 years ago

Nothing much inside the home version....just 6 solenoid coils under playfield....and of course, no spinning disc!!
    Fifteen hundreds for a low low quality pinball? Ha!
    01616_hUimiFAgarP_600x450_(resized).jpg
    00m0m_iqKnIgOBLY2_600x450_(resized).jpg

#2106 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Drop whatever you're doing....now you can finally upgrade your old worn ball, this guy's got a 1 1/16" chrome plated steel pinball for only 5 bucks. Where else are you gonna find a replacement ball? I envy the guy who gets this ball first, and pity all you other suckas who will have to keep your old, pitted ball to play with. And it's 5 dollars FIRM, no lowballers!! He's got mouths to feed! As the ad states, "well worth it!"
    delaware.craigslist.org link

That guy's ad is constantly posted, feel like emailing him to ask him if he could hook me up with 5 balls. That's what my machine takes.!!

#2107 4 years ago

I think we all need to collaborate and start a bidding war for this guys one ball lol

#2108 4 years ago

Everyone needs to flag this post, i just got the nastiest response from this guy. newjersey.craigslist.org link
    Made him an honest offer of $2300. This guy is obviously dealer scum. What an asshole.

#2109 4 years ago

Nice Playboy here. Looks like play field has been waxed and a high resolution backglass photo give you a good idea of condition. On my way so don't beat me to it!

atlanta.craigslist.org link

#2111 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Everyone needs to flag this post, i just got the nastiest response from this guy. " target="_blank">newjersey.craigslist.org link
    Made him an honest offer of $2300. This guy is obviously dealer scum. What an asshole.

Your post was made 3 hours ago and the link is already dead. Heh.

#2112 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Wow!
    indianapolis.craigslist.org link

I second that. Hopefully someone offers her more than $2k for that one.

#2113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I second that. Hopefully someone offers her more than $2k for that one.

No pics is always fishy.

If it actually exists, there is no way it sells for $2k.

#2114 4 years ago
    Quoted from KennyL:

Your post was made 3 hours ago and the link is already dead. Heh.

It's still up. The link was malformed in the earlier post. Here it is:

newjersey.craigslist.org link

#2115 4 years ago

is a Bally Playboy really worth $4000.00 ?

#2116 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Are there 12 thousand quarters in the cash box?

#2117 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

No pics is always fishy.
    If it actually exists, there is no way it sells for $2k.

It's untelling. Probably someone playing a joke but you never know. Sometimes people just need cash.

#2118 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Only if it were an absolutely flawless restoration would you be qualified to ask that price. People asking $2K+ for worn out & faded examples are OUT OF THEIR MINDS. Nobody is paying that. They produced over 18000 of these machines, one of the largest in history. They do pop up for less from time to time for the patient. I am waiting to find one myself.

#2119 4 years ago

Nice monster bash. Batteries lick some ass?

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#2120 4 years ago

I purchased a monster Bash from another operator years ago and it appears they took pretty good care of it. I never had this one on route, I bought it and stored it ever since. it worked when I bought it in fact I took it right off location and it still works fine. The only thing I could see that was obviously wrong with it is the battery holder needs to be replaced.One of the batteries lick some ass in but it does not appear to have damaged the board at all.there is a small amount of wear around the cickout hole which could be covered with the cliffy protector. I noticed one string of general illumination lights did not come on. The display looks perfect, I installed new balls and new legs and levelers. Because the batteries were polled I did not have a log of errors. All of the solenoids function properly. Lamps and flashers mostly work probably burned out bulbs. One flipper is sticky. It looks like a transistor was replaced on the solenoid driver board at one time. Other than that the boards look great. Now what you've all been waiting for the price tag. I said that it won't be cheap and it isn't, but this is a hard to find game and I believe all cleaned up would be worth in today's market about $9000 or more. My asking price at this time is $8500. If nobody buys it then I'll know that I'm too high! If I have a person that would like to buy it I would require a $500 nonrefundable deposit and the balance would need to be paid within 60 days. I will deliver for free on either of my trips to Denver and Kansas City or Des Moines at Easter time. If I make the trip to Minneapolis around Easter I would deliver there for free also. I will be glad to take any additional pictures craigslist will only let me put so many on my ad. Until someone commits to it anyone is welcome to come and look at itand play it in person in Kearney Nebraska. It will be at a different location than all of the other machines so it is not a preview to see everything else. I want to keep this as fair as possible and I am not turning it into a bidding contest. I would have done eBay except for there are so many hassles involved with shipping fees etc. I would prefer to sell the machines locally, we operated games for over 20 years and done home sales the entire time and have many satisfied customers. I will shop this machine out and guarantee everything for an additional $500. For this price it is sold as-is. Please email with any questions. Thank you!

Quoted from RVH:

Autocorrect fail, maybe?

#2121 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Autocorrect fail, maybe?

Yeah but made me laugh.

#2122 4 years ago

I'd be more inclined to pay up for "batteries that lick ass" than for an acid damaged board... Sounds much better

#2123 4 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

I just want to know what auto-correct changes "leaked some acid" to "lick some ass"?

#2124 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I just want to know what auto-correct changes "leaked some acid" to "lick some ass"?

You aren't well versed in the world of auto-correct fails, are you? lol http://www.autocorrectfail.org/

#2125 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's still up. The link was malformed in the earlier post. Here it is:

FLAG IT!! LOL newjersey.craigslist.org link

#2126 4 years ago
    Quoted from KennyL:

You aren't well versed in the world of auto-correct fails, are you?

I guess not. Read through a few pages. Pretty funny stuff.

#2127 4 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

That MB can not be legit because the pictures are not taken in a driveway with a white garage door behind it.

#2128 4 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Nice monster bash.

Anybody that actually takes photos of the circuit boards (granted they are small), and the photos are legitimate generally means the owner has at least some idea of the interest of pinball collectors.
    I give a small amount of credence here, as the machine does like to be in good shape.
    Notice, I said "good" shape, not "excellent or superb" shape, because the drac hole and inserts are a little off.
    A little high in my opinion, but what "Top 10" machine is not on CL?

#2130 4 years ago

pretty sure it's the same guy with the monster bash

#2131 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

It is the same guy. I emailed him to see what his inventory was like to see if he had any titles I'm looking for and said to read the ad and he would put one up every day... cause it's too hard to just list what your going to be selling for the next 2 weeks . He just put a No Fear up for 2 grand yesterday so yeah I think his monster bash is high but he's reasonable with the last one he put out.

#2132 4 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

It is the same guy. I emailed him to see what his inventory was like to see if he had any titles I'm looking for and said to read the ad and he would put one up every day... cause it's too hard to just list what your going to be selling for the next 2 weeks . He just put a No Fear up for 2 grand yesterday so yeah I think his monster bash is high but he's reasonable with the last one he put out.

His inital post, since deleted had all of the titles about 12 total. Here is a link to a subsequent one that has an image of them and others in the garage...

Some good stuff, AFM, AF, ToM, the MB...but as he mentions, don't expect a deal. He seems to know the value and is going to price accordingly. Although, with the acid damage on both listed thus far as a red flag, I am concerned on how well these were maintained on route. Unfortunately (for me anyway) it seems the games are in Nebraska, and not available to see without a nice roadtrip...

#2133 4 years ago

that's a sweet stash, would love to find them around here - that's for sure !

Quoted from cavalier88z24:

#2134 4 years ago

The monster bash was funny because the original post said the batteries licked some ass. It was a spell check auto correct error that probally should have said leaked some acid.
    It was corrected the next day.
    I'm pretty sure the game was ledgit, just the mistaken wording had me giggling for about a day that's all.
    ForceFlow posted a copy of it post #2120

#2135 4 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

Best part
    "$2000 for 1 or all 3 (in other words to the strokes WILL NOT SEPARATE)"

#2136 4 years ago
    Quoted from setzkor:

His inital post, since deleted had all of the titles about 12 total. Here is a link to a subsequent one that has an image of them and others in the garage...
    Some good stuff, AFM, AF, ToM, the MB...but as he mentions, don't expect a deal. He seems to know the value and is going to price accordingly. Although, with the acid damage on both listed thus far as a red flag, I am concerned on how well these were maintained on route. Unfortunately (for me anyway) it seems the games are in Nebraska, and not available to see without a nice roadtrip...

Yeah he said he would be able to deliver a machine to MPLS around easter but then I saw this "If I have a person that would like to buy it I would require a $500 nonrefundable deposit and the balance would need to be paid within 60 days."

So that's def a red flag unless someone could back the guy up and back his credibility.

#2137 4 years ago

Don't forget taxes will be added. Would you throw in a bag to cover that hideous backglass?
    dayton.craigslist.org link

#2138 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Don't forget taxes will be added. Would you throw in a bag to cover that hideous backglass?
    dayton.craigslist.org link

backglass doesn't look terrible for the title it is, and he has to charge tax because it's clearly a retail business. He doesn't however need to charge 4x the price it's worth.

#2139 4 years ago

Now I see what you guys are talking about. Pretty crazy people out there wanting more what their stuff is worth. So glad I joined this forum before I got deeper into this hobby / past time. Any game that I find that I would like to buy I will consult with you guys. I feel like I have an "ace" in the hole.

#2140 4 years ago

This guy here is selling a bunch of pinball machines. Not sure if any of you seen the ad? I haven't checked all of the threads on the post. None of these interest me, but how far off on the price(s) is he?

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#2141 4 years ago

I think this one deserves a laugh right? Bally Wizard $3400! I know its a business, but still isn't it a tad too high?

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#2142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

I think this one deserves a laugh right? Bally Wizard $3400! I know its a business, but still isn't it a tad too high?

I just saw a Pinball Wizard on American Pickers. The guy said it was a rare version with some differences in the backglass (regarding the snake buckle and hand location?). I suppose he might have been full of it. I can't find anything about it.

#2143 4 years ago

I know Captain Fantastic has some differences with the rollovers, back glass, specials light cover and some escaped with signed signatures, but with all that how much does that increase the actual value of the machine?

#2144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

I know Captain Fantastic has some differences with the rollovers, back glass, specials light cover and some escaped with signed signatures, but with all that how much does that increase the actual value of the machine?

Not Captain Fantastic, but they were speaking of a Bally Wizard. As far as the Captain Fantastic you mention, it depends on the features for the most part. For example, the no stars machine (uncensored) should fetch slightly more, maybe a few hundreds - not thousands. Same goes for most verified signature games. People get really over the top sometimes when they think they have something. Rare does not automatically make it extremely valuable, just like the supposedly "rare" Marilyn Taxi...every fool automatically thinks they have a 3 grand game.

#2145 4 years ago

So realistically a CF just an average game and everything works what would be fair asking price? Verses one with the uncesored back glass? I'm not going to ask the value of one with signatures because I seriously doubt I would come across one. As far as the different color rollovers etc that could easily be changed by the owner. I'm sure you can purchase the roll over and white specials cover?

#2146 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Not Captain Fantastic, but they were speaking of a Bally Wizard. As far as the Captain Fantastic you mention, it depends on the features for the most part. For example, the no stars machine (uncensored) should fetch slightly more, maybe a few hundreds - not thousands. Same goes for most verified signature games. People get really over the top sometimes when they think they have something. Rare does not automatically make it extremely valuable, just like the supposedly "rare" Marilyn Taxi...every fool automatically thinks they have a 3 grand game.

Personally, I think pretty much every CF I've seen was overpriced. I think it only fetches more than most other EMs of the period because of the theme.

#2147 4 years ago

$900 - 1000 maybe or slightly more or less for a CF if its a clean game maybe on a high side

#2148 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

chicago.craigslist.org link
    Best part
    "$2000 for 1 or all 3 (in other words to the strokes WILL NOT SEPARATE)"

This has been on chi cl for over a year now. some peepz don't get the hint................ they have way overpriced an item. Heck he should pay me to pick this garbage up, I can use firewood

#2149 4 years ago

Hmmm, should I save up a five hundred dollars more for a NIB Game of Thrones Pro? Naww...I'm tired of waiting! I'm getting this instead!

seattle.craigslist.org link

#2150 4 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

Hmmm, should I save up a five hundred dollars more for a NIB Game of Thrones Pro? Naww...I'm tired of waiting! I'm getting this instead!
    seattle.craigslist.org link

Or you can buy this KISS pinball for $5995

ventura.craigslist.org link

There are 7209 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside