Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,861 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by joeaf
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 178.
    #2001 8 years ago

hey guys... I'm new to this forum well I haven't been on in awhile. How do you know what a fair price is for any pinball machine? Is there a guide or rule of thumb that you should follow? I love to play pinball, but don't know much more beyond that.

Thanks for your help,

Dan

#2002 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

hey guys... I'm new to this forum well I haven't been on in awhile. How do you know what a fair price is for any pinball machine? Is there a guide or rule of thumb that you should follow? I love to play pinball, but don't know much more beyond that.
    Thanks for your help,
    Dan

Prices vary from game to game and depend upon condition. Stick around a while, and you'll start to get a feel for it.

If there is a particular game you're thinking about buying, post a price check thread.

#2003 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

Thanks for your help,
    Dan

I've used this as one point of reference. This guy has been tracking Ebay sales (actual sales price.....not desired price) for years. Go to the site then give it a few seconds and then scroll down. Most machines are listed with historical average sales as well as average current sales.

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay112315.htm

#2004 8 years ago

I tried to post a thread but couldn't do it? I can respond to threads but can't post? It as though I don't have those options. I have "preview post", but not "send post"

#2005 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

I tried to post a thread but couldn't do it? I can respond to threads but can't post? It as though I don't have those options. I have "preview post", but not "send post"

Do you have this option on your screen?

Screenshot_2016-01-10-08-35-48-1_(resized).jpgScreenshot_2016-01-10-08-35-48-1_(resized).jpg

#2006 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

How do you know what a fair price is for any pinball machine? Is there a guide or rule of thumb that you should follow?

First rule of thumb: If it shows up in this thread and we are laughing at it, then it is not a fair price.
    You can start a "Price Check" thread for any specific games you run across. Just remember that everyone has their own opinions. What's reasonable for some is not for others. Some sellers are way out in left field though. So they end up here getting laughed at....................

#2007 8 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

These never get old.

#2008 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

What's reasonable for some is not for others.

Some prices are unreasonable at any level, unless the games are being shipped from the moon.

#2009 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

These never get old.

FUNNY! I guess he didn't like what he saw? There's so much way overpriced stuff on cl here it's almost normal

#2010 8 years ago

It just been shopped 3 years ago... It's perfect and way too much lol

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2011 8 years ago

Wow I saw this as number 2 pin of all time in my early find on Craigslist with a expensive price tag but look at the price on this one.

#2012 8 years ago

#2013 8 years ago

I know medieval madness is rare and expensive but with the remakes out did the price jump up 3-4000?

#2014 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

It just been shopped 3 years ago... It's perfect and way too much lol

image_(resized).png

I'm glad the price is only firm for two weeks, then he'll be open to negotiations and you can properly get it for less. Sure is something I'd state in my ad.

#2015 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Wow I saw this as number 2 pin of all time in my early find on Craigslist with a expensive price tag but look at the price on this one.

image_(resized).png

Cool. I've never seen the black and white cabinet artwork version before.

#2016 8 years ago

monroe.craigslist.org link

Somebody will get an AC/Dc for $1366. Odd price...maybe he forgot a zero somewhere.

#2017 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

monroe.craigslist.org link
    Somebody will get an AC/Dc for $1366. Odd price...maybe he forgot a zero somewhere.

It's a scam. It was posted about 10 times in my four hour radius CL search. Each time a different random price. Lol

#2018 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

I know medieval madness is rare and expensive but with the remakes out did the price jump up 3-4000?

image_(resized).png

If an original MM is a true collectors example, it will command $12k or more.
    That is life now, new collectors drove the market to the moon, due to ignorance.
    Brokers and resellers compensated prices to cash in just like what happened in 1999-2002 when it really took off.
    Reality is a $7k increase in 16 years starting from NIB for a "hot title" is not anywhere near as bad a other collectibles with "moving parts".
    Some hit the roof in less than 10 years.

#2019 8 years ago

greenville.craigslist.org link

Adult Dvds
    82 Dvds some are duplicates all are original and about half are still in plastic

would like to sell or trade interested in pinball machines etc

What a great deal !!!!

#2020 8 years ago

Rubber gloves and hazmat suit included?

#2021 8 years ago

My adult entertainment, as well as my pins, are set to free play

#2022 8 years ago

Maybe this one has been listed before - but I find it sort of humorous:
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

NEW Authentic Louis Vuitton Executive Briefcase (Trade or Cash)

#2023 8 years ago

Whoa expensive. Lol

#2024 8 years ago

Not pinball, but still entertaining. Someone is offering used birthday cards. At least the price is free.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-hobbies-craft/charlottetown-pei/used-birthday-cards/1132507591?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#2026 8 years ago

Sign me up lol

#2027 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Sign me up lol

image_(resized).png

I've never heard of the pin "arcade pinball machine" and IPDB is not showing anything. Help? Anyone?

*sarcasm*

#2028 8 years ago
    Quoted from KennyL:

I've never heard of the pin "arcade pinball machine" and IPDB is not showing anything. Help? Anyone?

If it's going on ebay for 2500-3500, it's gotta be a sweet machine. I'm gonna guess the extra parts is a rubber kit he still hasn't installed yet, and a box of spare incandescent bulbs

#2029 8 years ago

$3500 EM Magnotron

#2030 8 years ago

$2400 1990 Riverboat

#2031 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

$2400 1990 Riverboat

"This machine can be seen at The Laughing Cat Antiques Shop "

Guess we all know why the Cat is Laughing!

#2032 8 years ago

Bally wizzard $2300. Cash only, bring hundreds!

#2033 8 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Bally wizzard $2300. Cash only, bring hundreds!

I'd bring five of those $100's

#2034 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

$2400 1990 Riverboat

Not unreasonable if in superb condition. This particular machine has a number of hard to find game specific parts including the plastic ramps, and some of the "toys". Low production reduces the percentage to find one in this type of condition.

#2035 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Not unreasonable if in superb condition. This particular machine has a number of hard to find game specific parts including the plastic ramps, and some of the "toys". Low production reduces the percentage to find one in this type of condition.

If you can find a diamond plated one it is even rarer. Even those aren't guaranteed to be nice. I have a dp riverboat gambler but all of the inserts have peeled off. Not worn off but I guess the paint didn't stick.

#2036 8 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

If you can find a diamond plated one it is even rarer. Even those aren't guaranteed to be nice. I have a dp riverboat gambler but all of the inserts have peeled off. Not worn off but I guess the paint didn't stick.

Good point.
    Estimated around 500 were DP.
    There is one sitting in Seattle right now that was NIB/HUO. Still listed at a little over $2700. No space for the machine, and not really my niche. Likes the main theme and interaction though.

#2037 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

$2400 1990 Riverboat

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Not unreasonable if in superb condition.

Fattdirks sat for a little while at $1400 before he sold it, and it was very nice.

#2038 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Fattdirks sat for a little while at $1400 before he sold it, and it was very nice.

It is one of those games I wouldn't have even looked twice at before playing I actually played it. I always figured fair price was $14-1500 in decent shape with a nice DP model going closer to $17-1800. But I am also in a pinball wasteland with a limited market

#2039 8 years ago

Amazingly overpriced lol

#2040 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Amazingly overpriced lol

It is "Spiderman Fever" right now due to "Stern Shenanigans". The seller was smarter than most. The game will likely sell quickly.

#2041 8 years ago

Anybody who is familiar with "Stern Shenanigans" knows the difference between the 1980 and the newer spiderman so this will not sell quickly if ever.

The seller may have done a quick search for spiderman pinball and didn't realize there was a newer version which seems unbelievable but I don't see another explanation for their pricing.

#2042 8 years ago
    Quoted from helicopter:

but I don't see another explanation for their pricing.

Go to Ebay, 3 games sitting out there at over $2500, with the most at $3995. Not restos either. However, search the sold listings and the largest one: $730. Amazing Spiderman is not a $3500 game, folks!

It's the "pickers and pawnstars" disease I tell ya, many out there just looking at somebody elses insane asking price.

#2043 8 years ago

Vintage Nishijin Deluxe Super Pachinko Pinball Machine - $200

detroit.craigslist.org link

pachinko_(resized).jpgpachinko_(resized).jpg

#2044 8 years ago

That pachinko has been posted and reposted since craigslist went live in detroit metro dudes never gonna give up. Same goes for the dude who wants to trade him wammo blowgun for a dmd pin.

#2045 8 years ago

This gets bumped to the top of Eastern CT on CL about every other day. A Big Deal for $1200. I'm just going to flag it everytime I see it now.
    newlondon.craigslist.org link

bigdeal_(resized).jpgbigdeal_(resized).jpg

#2046 8 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This gets bumped to the top of Eastern CT on CL about every other day. A Big Deal for $1200. I'm just going to flag it everytime I see it now.
    newlondon.craigslist.org link

bigdeal_(resized).jpg

Why flag it?

#2047 8 years ago

Because I'm tired of looking at it. It hasn't moved at all at this price. The Op just keeps bumping it to the top of the list.

#2048 8 years ago

and it smells like a scam

#2049 8 years ago

I agree. Is the seller doing something wrong?

#2050 8 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Because I'm tired of looking at it. It hasn't moved at all at this price. The Op just keeps bumping it to the top of the list.

That is no reason to flag him/her. They can ask whatever they want for their machine, and bump it whenever they want.

There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.