Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 178.
    #1951 8 years ago

I don't think the pops will work like that lol

#1952 8 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

I don't think the pops will work like that lol

Those are not pop bumpers, just scoring bumpers.

#1953 8 years ago

Oh so I guess they won't be scoring too well then

#1954 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

At least you're not this person:

719d190a568159ed8f80f2deb5997392[1]_(resized).png

Like ForceFlow said, this is horrible, but I have to admit I was LMFAO reading it.

#1955 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I thought that was wrong too, until I looked on IPDB. That is how they're supposed to be! Who' have think it?
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2511&picno=11114

That wasn't the pic I saw. I don't think the rubbers are supposed to keep the ball from hitting the bumper. This looks better.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2511&picno=14991

image-4_(1)_(resized).jpgimage-4_(1)_(resized).jpg

#1956 8 years ago

Well now that I've looked at the flyer, it looks like the seller was correct. Those rubbers do go around the bumper. Weird.

2511f1_(resized).jpg2511f1_(resized).jpg

#1957 8 years ago

The seller is close but not exactly right. The seller has the rubber around the lower post where the flyer isn't like that.

#1958 8 years ago

2 horrible pics and a price that's crazy high. Welcome to CL!

atlanta.craigslist.org link

#1959 8 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

Another upset buyer. lol

RE: Bally KISS Pinball - $2500

"This wacko has been trying to sell this machine for 2 years. He has been as low as $1600 before he "fixed" the board and was trying to sell it for $2100 last year. Now he wants $2500? Check out the white paint on the playfield!

Looks like you are keeping it for another 2 years!"

#1960 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

The seller is close but not exactly right. The seller has the rubber around the lower post where the flyer isn't like that.

Yeah looks like it directly around the bumper.

#1961 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Another upset buyer. lol
    RE: Bally KISS Pinball - $2500
    "This wacko has been trying to sell this machine for 2 years. He has been as low as $1600 before he "fixed" the board and was trying to sell it for $2100 last year. Now he wants $2500? Check out the white paint on the playfield!
    Looks like you are keeping it for another 2 years!"

These guys have been at it for a while now. I think it is 2 guys that have an axe to grind with each other. I actually tried to buy this machine about 3 years ago, but the seller would never send pictures or return calls. I just gave up.

#1962 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

These guys have been at it for a while now. I think it is 2 guys that have an axe to grind with each other. I actually tried to buy this machine about 3 years ago, but the seller would never send pictures or return calls. I just gave up.

Yeah, I've dealt with the seller as well. He actually came to my house after I purchased my first machine and helped me get it working again. I knew nothing about what I was doing. He has a Royal Rumble that I was interested in (still am, actually), but he wants $2500 for it. According to him, he sold it for $3500! I called BS on it as he has listed it several times since making that claim. He's definitely a character, that's for sure.

#1963 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yeah, I've dealt with the seller as well. He actually came to my house after I purchased my first machine and helped me get it working again. I knew nothing about what I was doing. He has a Royal Rumble that I was interested in (still am, actually), but he wants $2500 for it. According to him, he sold it for $3500! I called BS on it as he has listed it several times since making that claim. He's definitely a character, that's for sure.

His name Scott? If so, he is on a couple of the same fb sale groups I'm in. He is....a little rough to work with lol

#1964 8 years ago

Actua

Quoted from Slim64:His name Scott? If so, he is on a couple of the same fb sale groups I'm in. He is....a little rough to work with lol

Actually, I think both guys are named Scott. The seller is in South Elgin and his nemesis is Scott in Algonquin. Yeah, the S. Elgin Scott(selling the KISS) is quite an interesting guy to try and deal with. When I called him about the KISS way back I actually thought he was the Scott from Algonquin. Nope, he made it very clear that they were separate people and he had harsh words for the other guy.

#1965 8 years ago

I called a guy about a Royal Rumble up near Indy but it could have been further north. It could have been this guy. He struck me as a little weird. He didn't have a price listed and asked him what he wanted for it and he said," well what's it worth?" I told him I had no idea because I didn't know what condition it was in. He proceeded to tell me he had sold a lot of machines and had quite a few available. He was a little bit of a salesman.

#1966 8 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these in the $2500-3000 range??

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

#1967 8 years ago

Apparently it's the most collectible machine that there is......Beautifully restored with PF yellowing??

#1968 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these in the $2500-3000 range??

$2,000-$2500 range I'd say. Clearly this guy is hedging his bets that a star wars fan (with the new movie out) is going want it badly enough to pay close to that and the buyer will profit from it. Same thing happened when the blackhawks won last year, guy was trying to sell his Bally Orr pinball (with playfield wear) for $4k.

#1969 8 years ago

I don't know of any fast sports cars that can be had for $2300, maybe without the motor. And that price!!

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#1970 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

$2,000-$2500 range I'd say. Clearly this guy is hedging his bets that a star wars fan (with the new movie out) is going want it badly enough to pay close to that and the buyer will profit from it. Same thing happened when the blackhawks won last year, guy was trying to sell his Bally Orr pinball (with playfield wear) for $4k.

This is exactly what I was thinking

#1971 8 years ago

"i am asking $4,523, or best reasonable offer." Such an oddly specific and way outta ballpark price for this.

"the machine comes stocked with five balls, as is recommended." Wow I wasn't sure that a game like this could play with anything else but glad he has the recommended balls in there.

#1972 8 years ago

"CASH ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS."

What if i only brought goldbars?

#1973 8 years ago

I'll solve the price mystery. This guy is obviously a Micheal Jordan fanatic so he added 23 to the price since that's Jordan's number.

#1974 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I'll solve the price mystery. This guy is obviously a Micheal Jordan fanatic so he added 23 to the price since that's Jordan's number.

As is 45

#1975 8 years ago

And 12, for one game (his #23 jersey was stolen).

#1976 8 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

"i am asking $4,523, or best reasonable offer." Such an oddly specific and way outta ballpark price for this.
    "the machine comes stocked with five balls, as is recommended." Wow I wasn't sure that a game like this could play with anything else but glad he has the recommended balls in there.

He started at $5K to help pay for his new roof! I have a HUO one of these that I have coming up for sale, it will be under $3K. He will shit when he sees me list mine on CL.

#1977 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

He started at $5K to help pay for his new roof! I have a HUO one of these that I have coming up for sale, it will be under $3K. He will shit when he sees me list mine on CL.

I hope he shits before then.

#1979 8 years ago

Well, at least it has the topp...uh....
    ....it has the card dispen.....uh.....
    ...it has the card catc.....uh....
    ...the bulbs were replaced!

#1980 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

It is sort of like online dating sites which specify relationships as "strictly monogamous".
    If you are not monogamous, what exactly does "strictly" mean?
    Nothing.

The best sale term for all CL ads is simply "CASH AND CARRY", if you want your life to be easier.
    You would be amazed at how many people do not understand what these three words mean.
    But, it pushes at least 1/3 of all Christmas fruitcakes out the door.

#1981 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

Not kidding. I had a guy from CL show up about 6 months ago for a Stern Dracula partially populated PF I was getting rid of for $75, and he showed up with rolls of quarters. I wanted to put them in a sock and beat him with them. LOL.

#1982 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Not kidding. I had a guy from CL show up about 6 months ago for a Stern Dracula partially populated PF I was getting rid of for $75, and he showed up with rolls of quarters. I wanted to put them in a sock and beat him with them. LOL.

Heck, I'd use them for league. Now if it was $750 in quarters, that'd be a little ridiculous.

#1983 8 years ago

This one looks like it's been shot at, as well as smoke damage....and it can be all yours for $2k. This is the same clown that has the CF listed for $5k and it also looks like crap.

ebay.com link: BOW AND ARROW PINBALL MACHINE

#1984 8 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

This one looks like it's been shot at, as well as smoke damage....and it can be all yours for $2k. This is the same clown that has the CF listed for $5k and it also looks like crap.
    ebay.com link » Bow And Arrow Pinball Machine

That has to be a joke ad

#1985 8 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

ebay.com link » Bow And Arrow Pinball Machine

I'm curious about the oily spot in the center playfield.

#1986 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That's legal tender. Just sayin'.

#1987 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I'm curious about the oily spot in the center playfield.

Bodily Fluids?

#1988 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Bah - Would just go into my weekly .05-.10-.25 poker game. No big deal.

Lighten up, Francis

#1989 8 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

the one spinner looks nice, and I'm sure it'll clean up well.

#1990 8 years ago

You guys got to see this. The guy needs this sold ASAP!!!

harrisburg.craigslist.org link

#1991 8 years ago

$10k Captain Fantastic on Eblah and he didn't even bother taking pictures of it turned on. Sure, it looks nice...But, it would look a lot better if we could see the lights ! Duh.

ebay.com link: Bally Captain Fantastic Elton John Full Restoration museum Quality

#1992 8 years ago

1995 Bally Who Dunnit Murder Mystery Pinball Machine. Refurbished and bought in 2004. Paid $4000. Not used anymore unfortunately, it's a fun pinball machine! Must pick up. Cash only. Message with questions. Thank you!

It seems like this has been on chi cl for awhile I have no clue why???

#1993 8 years ago

Capt Fantastic even has yellowed rubber. You would think for 10,000 we could get some fresh rubber. Lol

#1995 8 years ago
    Quoted from Freeplay40:

He's baaaaaack...with new menu items..
    spokane.craigslist.org link

Holy. Shit. I'm in the wrong industry.

#1996 8 years ago

Freeplay40 that is some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen. And "it fills up fast". Lol

#1997 8 years ago
    Quoted from Freeplay40:

Lol, that Terry and his shenanigans.

#1998 8 years ago
    Quoted from Freeplay40:

No shasta or lunchmeats? I'm out

#1999 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

No shasta or lunchmeats? I'm out

You are close enough to Woodman's , get your Shasta and lunch meats there! BTW, Shasta cola is a great mixer.

#2000 8 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

Freeplay40 that is some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen. And "it fills up fast". Lol

If you want to see the original posting, check this thread out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lessons-hurry-slots-are-filling-up-fast

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.