Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 178.
    #151 9 years ago

Hmmmmm....One of these things doesn't belong......can you spot it??

akroncanton.craigslist.org link

#152 9 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Hmmmmm....One of these things doesn't belong......can you spot it??
    akroncanton.craigslist.org link

Oh nurse.......

#154 9 years ago

And Abra-Ca-Dabra, the playfield has magically changed!

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Something wrong here...
    shreveport.craigslist.org link

hilarious!
    I was just about to write, "You are whining about a worn cab for $600?"... and then I saw it.
    -mof

#156 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

That's half price off GRC's!

And TNT amusements if you count their ridiculous warranty plan...

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Something wrong here...
    shreveport.craigslist.org link

LOL

scoring is only partially working as the number counter for player one counts ones, but does not advance the 10's appropriately. The 10's and 100's counters work,,,,,,

hmmmmm?????? could it be it has an entirely different game in there causing issues lol.

#158 9 years ago

"This is not a full size machine that you see in arcades it's a little smaller."

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#159 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

"This is not a full size machine that you see in arcades it's a little smaller."
    philadelphia.craigslist.org link

...a "LITTLE" smaller? (read caps as sarcasm).

#160 9 years ago

"been sitting in a barn for years"... a steal at $4K

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#161 9 years ago

Here's a new one "Museum Quality", which I guess means apron rust, cabinet fade and ball drop wear at the fish, who knows what else with the crappy pics.

seattle.craigslist.org link

#162 9 years ago

Looks like someone ruined a perfectly good whitewater

denver.craigslist.org link

#163 9 years ago

I just gonna hazard a guess that Disney could sue the pants off of them for copyright issues.

#164 9 years ago
    Quoted from witty:

Looks like someone ruined a perfectly good whitewater

I hope that's just photoshopped.

#165 9 years ago

$4K for a nice Getaway, sure thing, buddy !
    -mof

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#166 9 years ago

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

$350 cash tonight for the right pinball machine - $350 (murietta)

Looking for a pinball machine from the 90's. ramps, etc.. Has to be 100% working. thanks

wow...he is willing to go up to $350 for a 90's machine that works 100%

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

inlandempire.craigslist.org link
    Looking for a pinball machine from the 90's. ramps, etc.. Has to be 100% working. thanks

wow...he is willing to go up to $350 for a 90's machine that works 100%

What's stopping you from posting one right now willing to pay $351???

Eh??? Make us proud!

-mof

#168 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I think I could scrape together up to $500 for a machine like this that is only 90% working. Any sellers?

#170 9 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

I think I could scrape together up to $500 for a machine like this that is only 90% working. Any sellers?

LOL. Specifically 90s and has to be working. I wouldn't flag it...more like good luck to you if someone responds at all.

When I see the wanted posts like this that are not so specific I want to flag 'em though. Often they are listed right alongside of valid for sale posts (purposefully overlooked, I'm sure) "Hey buddy, there's machines around you for sale right now...contact those folks like the rest of us, o.k.?" Now when they are looking for specific titles I will let those slide, and most of the time they are not even looking for what I am looking for anyway. If the wanted post is very generic and says "I just want to buy your broken pinball machine" - We'll, you probably should be flagged then.

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

check out this awesome pinball table, only 325$!

I like the idea. Not so much on the price.

#172 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

$4K for a nice Getaway, sure thing, buddy !
    -mof

He needs that kind of cash to buy a better camera for when he scams, uh "sells" that other pin.

#173 9 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

He needs that kind of cash to buy a better camera for when he scams, uh "sells" that other pin.

Guy an known flipper? I don't see many ads out of Menlo park. That price is astronomical.

#174 9 years ago

I thought I had seen everything ebay has to offer: until I ran across this gem.

No pictures....good condition...needs a flipper....otherwise GREAT condition ????!!!!!???

Priced at 4,495.00. lets start at 1,100.

ebay.com link: pinball machine fish tail

#175 9 years ago
    Quoted from pardue:

No pictures....good condition...needs a flipper....otherwise GREAT condition ????!!!!!???
    ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Fish Tail

Sounds Legit.

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from pardue:

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Fish Tail

And joined Ebay yesterday! What could be better?

#177 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

And joined Ebay yesterday! What could be better?

LOL !
    -mof

#178 9 years ago

Laughs aside, here's a deadly story involving Craigslist:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/20/saudi-student-killed/17635787/

Ad sadly, this is only a sample of murders connected with Craigslist.

#179 9 years ago

dayton.craigslist.org link

Is there any playfield art left on this thing? haha. But it is 36 years old, so How could you expect the playfield to be in better condition? My 44 year old EM is NIB condition compared to this thing.

#180 9 years ago

This guys has been constantly posting this and reducing the price. I want to give him $3 to stop but I know it won't work:

raleigh.craigslist.org link

#181 9 years ago

And here's another of my favorites. His first ad for this EM for parts machine stated that he only bought it to steal parts out of because they are impossible to find. Well now that can be your problem for only $100. In this ad he also goes on to link to random ebay auctions for SS parts machines that haven't sold just to show you what a good deal it is!

wilmington.craigslist.org link

#182 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

And here's another of my favorites. His first ad for this EM for parts machine stated that he only bought it to steal parts out of because they are impossible to find. Well now that can be your problem for only $100. In this ad he also goes on to link to random ebay auctions for SS parts machines that haven't sold just to show you what a good deal it is!

At least he has 17 good photos with close ups for that POS... so many people on CL list machines for 4k+ with one blurry whole game photo from 18 feet away

#183 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

I love how he says $125 or $100, like anyone would just opt to give him $25 extra for no reason.

#184 9 years ago

I think the 25 extra is if you don't pay with cash. Like a check or paypal.

#185 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

At least he has 17 good photos with close ups for that POS... so many people on CL list machines for 4k+ with one blurry whole game photo from 18 feet away

That's true. His original ad only had a couple blurry pictures, mostly from the side, and didn't even mention the name of the game. Each time it is reposted there is more info, so I guess it could be worse.

#186 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Sounds like a reasonable deal if you are close... that 5" bell alone will sell for at least 1/2 of the asking price. I would buy it if I were closer..

#187 9 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Sounds like a reasonable deal if you are close... that 5" bell alone will sell for at least 1/2 of the asking price. I would buy it if I were closer..

I'd agree. I would love to find a $100 disaster like this nearby for a long term project.

#188 9 years ago

hmmm. did the ball get stuck behind that dangling broken rubber, perhaps?

Nice playfield condition though.

charlotte.craigslist.org link

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from kirkgun:

That means they don't know how the playfield glass is removed.. a good sign, means that they have not messed with the guts.

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

That means they don't know how the playfield glass is removed.. a good sign, means that they have not messed with the guts.

And probably never opened the back box either… That’s not so good.

#191 9 years ago
    Quoted from kirkgun:

Yup, only slight wear on playfield!! LOL

#192 9 years ago
    Quoted from kirkgun:

That ball is supposed to be there, it's a captive ball on a Stern Stampede.

#193 9 years ago

Not craigslist, but still completely rediculous nonetheless:

ebay.com link: VINTAGE PINBALL MACHINE SPARE PART CHROMED STEEL BALL

A rusty, used ball for $20 on ebay. With $18 shipping.

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

This guys has been constantly posting this and reducing the price. I want to give him $3 to stop but I know it won't work:
    raleigh.craigslist.org link

Call him up and ask if the playfield is "Diamond Plated, has Any mods, or if a color DMD display has been put in aftermarket.

#195 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not craigslist, but still completely rediculous nonetheless:
    ebay.com link » Vintage Pinball Machine Spare Part Chromed Steel Ball
    A rusty, used ball for $20 on ebay. With $18 shipping.

Wow...I'm sitting on a gold mine

#196 9 years ago

Post edited by ForceFlow: nevermind, the ebay link was broken, now it's fixed

#197 9 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

And probably never opened the back box either… That’s not so good.

Good, yes! It's an EM ... no batteries. I really prefer a game that no neophyte has screwed with.

#198 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Glad he made sure to tell everyone that it still has 2 of the balls. They must be irreplaceable.

#199 9 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I have always enjoyed this one:
    Whitewater pinball (RESTORED) $7650
    " target="_blank">chicago.craigslist.org link
    Thanks for all the wonderful pics of this restored game at a super high price!

Posting expired.

Quoted from kirkgun:

This one has caused me to click a few times (I can never remember what it is from the title).
    Disappointed every time.
    I don't know why I should be disappointed, after all, it has all the bells and whistles. Really? All the whistles? Must be a good deal then.

page not found

#200 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Posting expired.

page not found

Those ads were posted over a month ago. I'm not surprised they're gone now.

There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.