5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,905 posts
  • 834 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by jeffmd72
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,288 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CL1 (2) (resized).jpg
    wagon train (resized).jpg
    Pinballmachine (resized).png
    2A618F8D-EAAF-4800-AAB1-92DD4C2EC858 (resized).png
    PinballShark (resized).JPG
    JJP PoC (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.20.28 PM (resized).png
    2F3C666F-28E1-4AE1-AC6C-127FF5D7BEF9 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200112-234317__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-122632_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Poker (resized).png
    1D4A4CEC-033A-416D-87A7-44917CCC8C28 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.16.03 AM (resized).png
    1qi8cf (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200101-113037 (resized).png

There are 6905 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 139.
    #1801 4 years ago

reno.craigslist.org link

Antique Gottlieb Top Card Pinball Standing Game Machine, has newly placed
    rubbers for game bells, hardly used, made in August 1974, very heavy..$3000
    Note: a refurbished one was sold in Bend, OR for $3250...goes for
    $2000 - $4500 normally refurbished

#1802 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Antique Gottlieb Top Card Pinball Standing Game Machine

They can take 3 pictures of the machine but not 1 of the playfield?

#1803 4 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Just found this listed at 1 AM Saturday morning:
    Cactus Canyon pinball collectible - $5000, atlanta.craigslist.org link
    I have a true huo Cactus Canyon mint condition no issues at all. cash only moving need out of house asap. email me and i will call you back thanks. DR Mike Smith I have three other pinballs i need gone as well. Medieval Madness, Twilight Zone, Monster Bash all in perfect order i will let all 4 pins go for a cash deal at $18,000 cash firm.
    Sent him email with my phone number, he called. He said he had them all mint. I said I was ready to pick up and had the money. I said anytime I do a cash transaction of over $5,000 I have the sheriff there. He then hung up on me, imagine that. I figure the odds of a person that has only those 4 machines, and does not know people in the hobby to take them at that price is probably over a billion to one. I am sure most of you are not aware that Atlanta Georgia was #1 in the nation for mortgage fraud for about 10 years straight.

Holy cow. Does seem to be a bona fide robbery attempt targeting pinheads. Vaguely sophisticated effort, too. Crazy.

#1804 4 years ago
    Quoted from Droptargets:

They can take 3 pictures of the machine but not 1 of the playfield?

But hey, how about that custom topper?

00A0A_iVf5DrBrhyR_600x450.jpg

#1805 4 years ago

I know this is eBay, but look at this garbage. They should be ashamed.ebay.com link » White Pinball Rubber Rings And A Free Assortment Of Used 47 Light Bulbs

#1807 4 years ago

It looks like it will crumble into powder before you even open the plastic bag!

#1808 4 years ago
    Quoted from Droptargets:

I know this is eBay, but look at this garbage. They should be ashamed.ebay.com link ยป White Pinball Rubber Rings And A Free Assortment Of Used 47 Light Bulbs

On the bright side, there is a remarkably good set of pictures in the listing. You can see every little detail in the rubbers and bulbs.

#1809 4 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

But hey, how about that custom topper?

I really like good pinball toppers, but in this case all I think about is someone's mom calling, "Clean your ROOM!"

#1810 4 years ago

Here are a couple. First up top card for three grand, what a deal. And eightball is nice but I didn't know it was the #2 pin of all time. Lol when I wrote him to say he is mistaken, I was told to look it up myself "mr know it all". What he is talking about is the third pic. Tried to explain but.... Lmao

image.png

image_1.png

image_2.png

#1811 4 years ago

Oops was already posted. All well time to laugh at it again.

#1812 4 years ago
    Quoted from charliex:

*only* $150
    losangeles.craigslist.org link

"This is a beautiful pinball machine back glass. Great to frame and mount etc. "
    00Q0Q_hePwxZu7Qf4_600x450.jpg

LOL

#1813 4 years ago

"This was a beautiful pinball machine back glass."

Fixed that for you.

#1814 4 years ago

I dunno, I'd hang that on my wall. As an art piece, it's actually not terrible at all.

#1815 4 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

I dunno, I'd hang that on my wall. As an art piece, it's actually not terrible at all.

for $150?

#1817 4 years ago

I actually prefer the fact that they are both brand new... I guess the early 90's still pass as brand new up in Michigan?

#1818 4 years ago
    Quoted from aalucero:

paid $7000 ea haha

Sure he did... And if he did, why would he admit he's that dumb?

#1819 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Here are a couple. First up top card for three grand, what a deal. And eightball is nice but I didn't know it was the #2 pin of all time. Lol when I wrote him to say he is mistaken, I was told to look it up myself "mr know it all". What he is talking about is the third pic. Tried to explain but.... Lmao

It's called "social inbreeding", and its rampant. I guess people do not know what "ranked on a scale" means versus "position of popularity"

#1820 4 years ago

Im sure someone wants to jump on this deal !! Some people's children. prescott.craigslist.org link

#1821 4 years ago
    Quoted from aalucero:

paid $7000 ea haha

I guess that buyer would have benefitted from some "price policing" (see other thread about whether price policing is good or bad).

Dave

#1822 4 years ago
    Quoted from FXR:

Im sure someone wants to jump on this deal !! Some people's children. prescott.craigslist.org link

Two year old pictures?

#1823 4 years ago

image.png

image_1.png

#1824 4 years ago
    #1825 4 years ago

I guess he thought it was worth thousands more 2 seconds later and didn't take down the original post? Lol

image.png

#1826 4 years ago

PayPal is excepted, one of a kind...Museum quality Addams Family pinball - $58650 (Denville) $100K by Christmas

newjersey.craigslist.org link

#1827 4 years ago

Good news! All games produced before 1977 are now considered collectible antiques!

wilmington.craigslist.org link

This is a 1972 Williams Pin Ball Machine. Works perfect, all lights and bumpers replaced two years ago. Wood cabinet which shows a little wear for a 40 year old machine. This machine is considered a collectible antique because was manufactured prior to 1977.

#1828 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

PayPal is excepted, one of a kind...Museum quality Addams Family pinball - $58650 (Denville) $100K by Christmas

"Paypal is expected"

If I was selling something for $60k, I would expect lawyer's and escrow, not paypal.

#1829 4 years ago

Really, "accepting" PayPal on Craigslist is pretty well a red flag anyways. That's pretty laughable. I don't think anyone would fall for that, but never underestimate the stupidity of people. I have found eBay listings before selling tickets to meet your past self whenever time travel becomes possible. There were paragraphs and paragraphs of writing basically covering them from actually having to produce results. It was comical and they were actually selling.

#1830 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Those aren't even photos of a real Addams Family pin, that's 3rdaxis' 3-d model:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-taf/page/4

#1831 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Other than the fact this ad is a complete scam with no real photos, the tip off is simple.
    A person who does not know the difference (and spelling) between "excepted" and "accepted", is clearly an uneducated con artist with a poor understanding of the English language or a hillbilly.
    Anybody that would use PayPal for a $60k payment is an even bigger fool.

Either way, stupid people should not breed.

#1832 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

PayPal is excepted

If paypal is excepted, then how shall I pay? Also nice catch on the rendering, how dumb does this person think people are? Maybe he doesn't even understand the concept of 3d rendering, found the image on a google search, and thought to himself "ooh, that looks very clean, I use this photo"

#1833 4 years ago

Oh I see this guy dropped his price by 10 G's. If he drops the price by another grand he just might move it. prescott.craigslist.org link

#1834 4 years ago

Here we go cabinet fade, no pics, and firm in the price. Not as bad as others but up there.

image.png

#1835 4 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Other than the fact this ad is a complete scam with no real photos, the tip off is simple.
    A person who does not know the difference (and spelling) between "excepted" and "accepted", is clearly an uneducated con artist with a poor understanding of the English language or a hillbilly.

I've read before that con artists do this intentionally. The broken language and mis-spellings thing. It's like those spam emails. They're looking to attract in the less intelligent/more gullible people, since those kinds of people will be easier to con out of money.

#1836 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

If paypal is excepted, then how shall I pay? Also nice catch on the rendering, how dumb does this person think people are? Maybe he doesn't even understand the concept of 3d rendering, found the image on a google search, and thought to himself "ooh, that looks very clean, I use this photo"

Could just be laziness. I make 3d pinball models for the 3dArcade MAME frontend, and several times I've found legit restorers/sellers using the screenshots of my models on their websites instead of photos of the actual machines they have restored & for sale. I can't fathom why, they're not fooling anyone, and if they were decent restorers then they should want to show off their work (maybe I just answered my own question there).

#1838 4 years ago

This is ad is from Vince from Pinball911/Video Game 911 in Denville. He's had this TAF up for a long time trying to get top dollar. I bought an LOTR from him several years ago and had him do some work on my TOTAN. RUN AWAY AS FAST AND AS FAR AS YOU CAN!

#1839 4 years ago

Unfortunately, right now that IS the going rate for a Tron LE.
    Not saying I agree, but that is very close to being accurate based on demand, since almost all were NIB/HUO purchases.
    New collectors, just flipping games to try to get some extra profit from their purchase or distributors which gobble up this title from owners and hold it for increase in market value.
    It still has all the "goodies" as well, as it should, including the certificate of authenticity which can be verified by Stern with the serial number.

It WILL sell.

#1840 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

This is an add i posted. Good catch on the spelling error I have been selling a lot of tools on Craigslist and was getting so tired of the scammers so i decided to post this bogus add to troll them. Has been working like a charm. Glad i could give you guys a laugh and no, i didn't find these 3d renderings on Google, I made them myself

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-taf

#1841 4 years ago

TAF_RENDER_19.jpg
    Untitled6.jpg
    Untitled5.jpg

TAF_RENDER_38.jpg

Untitled9.jpg

Untitled7.jpg

bulbs.jpg

#1842 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

This is an add i posted.

Well I stand corrected (unless you are Vince). Followed your 3D TAF thread in the past. Stellar work.

#1843 4 years ago

This kind of irritates me, especially since I would love a project of this. All kinds of work needed but asking a mint condition price. Arrrrgh!!

akroncanton.craigslist.org link

#1844 4 years ago
    Quoted from S37VEN:

Well I stand corrected (unless you are Vince). Followed your 3D TAF thread in the past. Stellar work.

Lol you know Vince from Videogames 911? Guy is such a tool. Thanks, it was a lot of fun to make.

#1845 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

All kinds of work needed

Apparently "everything works" does not mean that everything works.

#1846 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Lol you know Vince from Videogames 911? Guy is such a tool. Thanks, it was a lot of fun to make.

I second the tool comment. No scruples and his reputation is horrible.

#1847 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

I second the tool comment. No scruples and his reputation is horrible.

I know i used to work with him sort of when i had a pinball repair and sales business next door. The guy is such a snake. I couldn't stand the way he treated people. How may i ask do you know him?

#1848 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

I know i used to work with him sort of when i had a pinball repair and sales business next door. The guy is such a snake. I couldn't stand the way he treated people. How may i ask do you know him?

He did repairs for me, I made that mistake....

#1849 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

I actually just checked out the aforesaid TAF on 911s website.
    There are REAL photos of the machine on the website.
    Describes the machine as "mint" HUO.
    The inserts and inlanes have wear, and are clearly visible in the photos.
    The ramp lane is worse than the mansion though.
    There really is no actually good shots to be able to evaluate the machine as most are "close ups".
    I pointed this out on the business chat.
    Not cool as an old collector...

#1850 4 years ago

I actually just checked out the aforesaid TAF on 911s website.
    There are REAL photos of the machine on the website.
    Describes the machine as "mint" HUO.
    The inserts and inlanes have wear, and are clearly visible in the photos.
    The ramp lane is worse than the mansion though.
    There really is no actually good shots to be able to evaluate the machine as most are "close ups".
    I pointed this out on the business chat.
    Not cool as an old collector...

lol, that used to be my machine. Its by no means "mint". If i told you what i have been through with this asshole and his partners you would not believe it. Its amazing how many poor reviews his company has on Yelp or any other review blog. And the funny thing is, the one or two "good" reviews that are posted are personal friends of his making it up. Guy is such a loser.

There are 6905 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 139.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside