Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,860 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by Foxxstone_80
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 178.
    #1751 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You too can own your very own SWTNG machine...
    dallas.craigslist.org link
    Just in time for Christmas - this Star Wars Next Generation Pinball Machine is in great condition.
    Operating Manual included.
    One of only 11,728 of these machines manufactured and distributed all over the world, this is truly an amazing machine.
    Serious purchasers only, please.

I did not realize that Star Wars starred Sir Patrick Stewart.

#1752 8 years ago

He clearly went to IPDB to get the units manufacturered. And doesn't seem to be a typo. Must be a joke...

#1753 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mateo777:

$7000????!
    Old=rare=expensive. I wonder what the real worth of this machine is?

I just got an email from him, he sold it to someone for $300. Too bad it wasn't me. I'm not far away.

#1754 8 years ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Yeah, and the hooker downtown is "almost a virgin."

#1755 8 years ago

The most politically incorrect CL ad I have seen so far. I was hesitant to post this because it's so ridiculous and was wondering if anyone else spotted this ad. I had to flag it.

Screenshot_2015-11-11-13-26-53.pngScreenshot_2015-11-11-13-26-53.png

#1757 8 years ago

Arcade machine repairing nuns? That's a first. I have to admit, I like the concept. But I'd guess this is a scam.

#1758 8 years ago

My guess the post is a parody of someone else trying to get free machines on CL. I think it is hilarious, others may find it offensive. Whatever the objective was, it seems to have worked because here we are sharing it and discussing it.

#1759 8 years ago
    Quoted from falco:

Arcade machine repairing nuns?

I would watch that show.

#1760 8 years ago

I would watch the hell out of it. I bet they'd wear army boots too.

#1761 8 years ago

Has anyone ever got this message from CL?

Your IP address is blocked.

#1762 8 years ago

This IP has been automatically blocked.
    If you have questions, please email: [email protected]

#1763 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Never saw that one before. If someone binged your IP address though, make sure all your virus and scamware software is up to date.

#1764 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Unfortunately, most internet users have dynamic IP addresses (crappy simple description - IP addresses tell other computers who/where you are on the Internet). That means that the address you have now could have been used by some spammer or criminal or other scumbag not too long ago. The only thing you can do about it really is to get rid of that address. Go here:

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

And note the address it gives you - four numbers separated by dots. Now, turn off your modem/router, and go out for the evening. When you get back, turn it on, and visit that page again. See if the number has changed (it may, or may not). If it has, you're likely to be all good. You might find your internet provider can make sure you get a new one, too.

#1765 8 years ago

Yikes!

waterloo.craigslist.org link

"Have 6-7pinball machines some work.some don't lost my storage a 1@1/2 years ago..dint have no place for them to go so had to stay out side under big tarps..and in the mean time i had got sick...colon.cancer.. and it was winter time..so l could move them..and had no one that could..so they are still under the tarps...and make me sick every time i wall by them ..because..2 years ago was offered 2,800 and dint take it..i no there not worth that now..still worth something...so dont waist..MY TIME OK...THANK YOU... dont remember what all are..gorgar..sky jump.airport..soccer...torch ??p.s and no $500 for all will not work . and no the pinballs dint get wet or raind on "

#1766 8 years ago

So

Quoted from Overphase:Yikes!
    "Have 6-7pinball machines some work.some don't... "

So, is it six or seven machines?

#1767 8 years ago
    Quoted from Overphase:

Yikes!
    " target="_blank">waterloo.craigslist.org link
    "Have 6-7pinball machines some work.some don't lost my storage a 1@1/2 years ago..dint have no place for them to go so had to stay out side under big tarps..and in the mean time i had got sick...colon.cancer.. and it was winter time..so l could move them..and had no one that could..so they are still under the tarps...and make me sick every time i wall by them ..because..2 years ago was offered 2,800 and dint take it..i no there not worth that now..still worth something...so dont waist..MY TIME OK...THANK YOU... dont remember what all are..gorgar..sky jump.airport..soccer...torch ??p.s and no $500 for all will not work . and no the pinballs dint get wet or raind on "

He used another device (phone?) to take pictures of the LCD display on his digital camera, amazing!

#1768 8 years ago

WOW! Some people. Do people like this think pinball collectors are that desperate for pins? How about I give you a blank check and you fill in the amount of what you think they are worth. AND....they are not even sure what they have let alone a few good pictures. But, it would be just my luck that these pins are all in Mint condition, being stored under a tarp and all.

Quoted from ToucanF16:So, is it six or seven machines?

#1769 8 years ago
    Quoted from Overphase:

Yikes!

This nut job was all over CL with this group of junk in 2014..... $2800 was a gift if he could have gotten that.

#1770 8 years ago
    Quoted from Overphase:

Yikes!

that's a joke, right? Please tell me that's a joke and this person isn't that uneducated and ignorant.

#1771 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This nut job was all over CL with this group of junk in 2014..... $2800 was a gift if he could have gotten that.

Last year I was interested in buying these machines when the price finally got down to $1600 (and they were still being stored indoors). All I ever got was the seller's voice mail, and she wouldn't return my calls. It's sad to hear that these machines are rusting away outdoors.

#1772 8 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

WOW! Some people. Do people like this think pinball collectors are that desperate for pins

There remains a guy on Portland CL that retains 10+ ads stating he will buy any pinball machine between $500-1500, so the answer is a resounding yes. PNW collectors are still counting the ads, pretty soon he is going to get shut down repeatedly for spam.

#1773 8 years ago

Just seen this on CL and had to share.

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

I've got some pinball machines here for sale.

I typically prey on people who don't know what they have, and lowball them so I get them for less than 25% of what they're worth. Then I rub my stank ass body sweat and grease from my slick hair all over the play field and polish 'em up. I call that shopping. That's what we do in my homeland. Who cares about my green card, I'm a used car salesman full time just trying to find new avenues to rip people off in.

Oh, once these games are what I consider to be "great condition!!!" I then tack on a markup that prices these things a good 30-50% over what the high end retail should be on a museum quality piece.

Did I mention I am buff and lift weights? I get roid rage when you bastards flag my ads. One day I'll run you over with my Porsche when I find you.

Email us for a full up to date list of Pinball Machines and LED bulbs. Coming soon, find me on RipoffReport.com and a retail store for pinball parts and video games in Feasterville PA .

#1774 8 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Just seen this on CL and had to share.
    " target="_blank">philadelphia.craigslist.org link
    I've got some pinball machines here for sale.
    I typically prey on people who don't know what they have, and lowball them so I get them for less than 25% of what they're worth. Then I rub my stank ass body sweat and grease from my slick hair all over the play field and polish 'em up. I call that shopping. That's what we do in my homeland. Who cares about my green card, I'm a used car salesman full time just trying to find new avenues to rip people off in.
    Oh, once these games are what I consider to be "great condition!!!" I then tack on a markup that prices these things a good 30-50% over what the high end retail should be on a museum quality piece.
    Did I mention I am buff and lift weights? I get roid rage when you bastards flag my ads. One day I'll run you over with my Porsche when I find you.
    Email us for a full up to date list of Pinball Machines and LED bulbs. Coming soon, find me on RipoffReport.com and a retail store for pinball parts and video games in Feasterville PA .

There was another PA post a couple days ago claiming lightsout pinball was ripping people off. Sounds like someone had an axe to grind, just like this ad.

#1775 8 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link

Wow dude i can make out all the details with your stellar pic!

#1776 8 years ago
    Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

detroit.craigslist.org link

I think that might be dirt on the glass.

#1777 8 years ago

1980 Bally Circus, $3864

atlanta.craigslist.org link

Somewhere it is "Listed as one of the top 50 most wanted pinball machines (#3)" ???

#1778 8 years ago

Someone on the Boston CL has been posting a "pinball machines wanted" ad over and over again for weeks.

Someone else just posted a response: boston.craigslist.org link

Re__Pinball_Machines_Wanted.jpgRe__Pinball_Machines_Wanted.jpg

#1779 8 years ago

This is great reading

#1780 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

1980 Bally Circus, $3864
    atlanta.craigslist.org link
    Somewhere it is "Listed as one of the top 50 most wanted pinball machines (#3)" ???

Maybe someone should send him this.
    image.pngimage.png

#1781 8 years ago

Ok not a CL ad but a response to my CL ad for my Xenon I sold on CL. The guy wanted me to trade my Xenon plus cash for a Bally Rolling Stones project game. He wanted $2200 for it. Here was his response:

Â Â Mine is a project though complete. It has a great playfield with a little wear around the top arch that can be sanded and cleared. It has a decent backglass and has all the boards. The cabinet does need a new paintjob and stencils are available.

Â Â There is one that just sold on ebay that has a trashed playfield and comes with a mylar replacement. Mine is worth more that that one as is. It sold for $2650 and it needs new pf and a paint job.

Â Â Â Other restored RS go anywhere from $4000 up to $9000.

Â Â Â The one I have is a good, easy winter project that could payoff big time before spring arrives, depending on speed of refurbishment.

#1782 8 years ago

I'd love to buy a RS, but when you can get so many other Paul Faris masterpieces for much less, it just doesn't make sense.

#1783 8 years ago

Is bally rolling stones really up there with Bally KISS money?

#1784 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Is bally Rolling Stones really up there with Bally KISS money?

No it's not. Passed on several in the $500 project range. This one just sold on ebay with a Ted Nugent for $999.00

ebay.com link: itm

#1785 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone on the Boston CL has been posting a "pinball machines wanted" ad over and over again for weeks.
    Someone else just posted a response: boston.craigslist.org link

Re__Pinball_Machines_Wanted.jpg

I am going to post this on Portland CL in response to the same type of ads here.

#1787 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

7k GNR .. hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

7.9k, actually.

#1788 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

7.9k, actually.

"Axl plastic was cracked in half but is secured in place and looks good."

I was wondering why the price was so low.

#1789 8 years ago
    Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

" target="_blank">detroit.craigslist.org link

Surprisingly, this was bought by someone on Pinside, and it looks 1000% better than the picture on C/L.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paul-bunyan-restore Look at post #15.

#1790 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

7k GNR .. hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

10K by Christmas

#1791 8 years ago

Here's a good one:

The ad writes "1977 williams hoy tip pinball machine for sale was the very last solid state pinball machine williams,made only 4900 made, I'm good condition the painted back glass is,peeling I found,one on eBay for 275 no I haven't purchased it
    the pinball machine is a,rare find and you won't find this model anyware" [sic].

#1792 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Here's a good one:
    The ad writes "1977 williams hoy tip pinball machine for sale was the very last solid state pinball machine williams,made only 4900 made, I'm good condition the painted back glass is,peeling I found,one on eBay for 275 no I haven't purchased it
    the pinball machine is a,rare find and you won't find this model anyware" [sic].

I bet what makes it so rare is having the flippers aligned in such a manner. Probably the LE version.

Hot Tip.jpgHot Tip.jpg

#1793 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Here's a good one:

The English proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure is terrible.
    "I'm good condition", is he the pinball machine?
    Even trying to "sell" he did not "buy" the machine, I am not sure why.
    The seller was able to look up information on IPDB though.
    Shows proof that the internet is melting people's minds.

#1794 8 years ago

Just found this listed at 1 AM Saturday morning:

cactus canyon pinball collectible - $5000, atlanta.craigslist.org link

I have a true huo cactus canyon mint condition no issues at all. cash only moving need out of house asap. email me and i will call you back thanks. DR Mike Smith I have three other pinballs i need gone as well. medieval madness, twilight zone, monster bash all in perfect order i will let all 4 pins go for a cash deal at $18,000 cash firm.

Sent him email with my phone number, he called. He said he had them all mint. I said I was ready to pick up and had the money. I said anytime I do a cash transaction of over $5,000 I have the sheriff there. He then hung up on me, imagine that. I figure the odds of a person that has only those 4 machines, and does not know people in the hobby to take them at that price is probably over a billion to one. I am sure most of you are not aware that Atlanta Georgia was #1 in the nation for mortgage fraud for about 10 years straight.

#1795 8 years ago

"Dr. Mike Smith", but doesnt use capital letters or punctuation think i will pass on this one

#1796 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The English proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure is terrible......
    The seller was able to look up information on IPDB though.

He also doesn't have reading comprehension skills either. All 6 of my machines are Williams, all solid state, and all made after 1977. So I'm guessing IPDB doesn't say solid state. EM maybe.

#1797 8 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Just found this listed at 1 AM Saturday morning:
    Cactus Canyon pinball collectible - $5000, atlanta.craigslist.org link
    I have a true huo Cactus Canyon mint condition no issues at all. cash only moving need out of house asap. email me and i will call you back thanks. DR Mike Smith I have three other pinballs i need gone as well. Medieval Madness, Twilight Zone, Monster Bash all in perfect order i will let all 4 pins go for a cash deal at $18,000 cash firm.
    Sent him email with my phone number, he called. He said he had them all mint. I said I was ready to pick up and had the money. I said anytime I do a cash transaction of over $5,000 I have the sheriff there. He then hung up on me, imagine that. I figure the odds of a person that has only those 4 machines, and does not know people in the hobby to take them at that price is probably over a billion to one. I am sure most of you are not aware that Atlanta Georgia was #1 in the nation for mortgage fraud for about 10 years straight.

It's fake. I was curious and did a reverse image search and that picture came off a French classified ads site.

#1798 8 years ago

$3500 T2. Does anything else need to be said?
    hartford.craigslist.org link

Maybe Arnie's John Hancock is hidden somewhere under the playfield...What's special is when I asked for higher resolution pictures I got a couple distant blurry photos with a couple stock photos updated on the listing. Oh and the price went up $500 from the original $3000.

#1799 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeWarp1:

$3500 T2. Does anything else need to be said?
    " target="_blank">hartford.craigslist.org link
    Maybe Arnie's John Hancock is hidden somewhere under the playfield...What's special is when I asked for higher resolution pictures I got a couple distant blurry photos with a couple stock photos updated on the listing. Oh and the price went up $500 from the original $3000.

Fire Glass? Is that the new term for "Tempered Glass"?

There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.