Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,861 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by joeaf
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 178.
    #1701 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of the people in this hobby. I know, I know. You'll say it was just an expression and that you weren't serious about shooting someone, but still. Is there any reason to take it to this level?
    I was in another thread where a guy talked about a CL experience he had where a woman tell him she would sell him her game, but when he arrived someone else was there and was already loading it up into their truck. He said he still has dreams of "hacking that b**ch up".
    Come on guys. Don't forget to take your meds! It's just a hobby.

Sanity has nothing to do with it unfortunately.
    Most people never stick around long enough to learn much of anything before they move onto their next fad.
    The is the way of the world now.
    Instant gratification, and throw away electronics.

Let me reiterate some insight for the masses.

After 25+ years collecting you WILL feel differently.
    The predominance of most people is short lived in this hobby, and when they want to "unload" they do and "anything goes".
    This goes for operators too!
    I berate people I meet that try this kind of stuff.
    I have no problem doing it in public either to humiliate them.
    They are taking advantage of other people's ignorance, and they will be subjected to correction if possible by knowledgeable people.
    Sellers HATE me when I am used as a buying agent to provide a value estimate in person for purchase and technical evaluation.
    Many times the seller will retort with things like, "my machine is worth TWICE that value"!
    I then turn the potential buyer and say TWO WORDS, "Walk away."
    I actually have had sellers threaten to assault me after I said THOSE WORDS.
    And you say I am violent?
    Hardly.

This has no relevance in auctions, except when photos are doctored, reused, or fraudulent.
    If a person wants to take a chance on a "sight unseen" pinball machine be sold by an individual with no background from their home, that is THEIR RISK. They cannot comeback later and say "I was robbed".
    Stupid people should never breed.
    Everybody makes mistakes in life, but this defies normal common sense.

This has nothing of relevance about sales of "first come, first serve" by individuals either.
    NOBODY should expect a person to stand with their thumb up their a$$ waiting for somebody to "come back and buy the machine".
    Why?
    Because people are fickle, flighty, and change their minds constantly (ie unreliable).
    If a person feels "cheated" because they did not get their first, this just another example of the above problems.

These are the realities of life.

"To the victor goes the spoils, be fast, and bring cash" (TBK, 2000)

#1702 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Sanity has nothing to do with it unfortunately.
    Most people never stick around long enough to learn much of anything before they move onto their next fad.
    The is the way of the world now.
    Instant gratification, and throw away electronics.
    Let me reiterate some insight for the masses.
    After 25+ years collecting you WILL feel differently.
    The predominance of most people is short lived in this hobby, and when they want to "unload" they do and "anything goes".
    This goes for operators too!
    I berate people I meet that try this kind of stuff.
    I have no problem doing it in public either to humiliate them.
    They are taking advantage of other people's ignorance, and they will be subjected to correction if possible by knowledgeable people.
    Sellers HATE me when I am used as a buying agent to provide a value estimate in person for purchase and technical evaluation.
    Many times the seller will retort with things like, "my machine is worth TWICE that value"!
    I then turn the potential buyer and say TWO WORDS, "Walk away."
    I actually have had sellers threaten to assault me after I said THOSE WORDS.
    And you say I am violent?
    Hardly.
    This has no relevance in auctions, except when photos are doctored, reused, or fraudulent.
    If a person wants to take a chance on a "sight unseen" pinball machine be sold by an individual with no background from their home, that is THEIR RISK. They cannot comeback later and say "I was robbed".
    Stupid people should never breed.
    Everybody makes mistakes in life, but this defies normal common sense.
    This has nothing of relevance about sales of "first come, first serve" by individuals either.
    NOBODY should expect a person to stand with their thumb up their a$$ waiting for somebody to "come back and buy the machine".
    Why?
    Because people are fickle, flighty, and change their minds constantly (ie unreliable).
    If a person feels "cheated" because they did not get their first, this just another example of the above problems.
    These are the realities of life.
    "To the victor goes the spoils, be fast, and bring cash" (TBK, 2000)

Do you live under power lines?

#1703 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Chuckles is now trying to pull the same sh*t on Ebay, check it out:
    ebay.com link » Arcade And Pinball Entire Collection

and chuckles reply to a question to his Ebay posting
    "Hey Mr Sarcasm,

List 4 pics of each game? Are you serious? Buyers in this range that buy collectionds usally come and inspect them in person. You are welcome to do that any time you wish.
    You cant sell high end stuff like a $80,000 collection like this on craigslist. most of those users are really low end"

#1704 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Now he's selling a CD of photos.

#1705 8 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

The high asking price is to cover YouTube video production costs! It's retail, just offer a lower price, everything is negotiable!
    » YouTube video

Actually, it is fee avoidance. In the comic book world, the unwritten rule is, "If I'm asking a ridiculous price, contact me outside of ebay and I'll give you the real price. Oh, and by the way, here's my store name, address and (sometimes) phone number." Listing fees are the best-spent advertising money ever.

#1706 8 years ago

Flagged on Craigslist.... Flagged on Ebarf... Whats next??? Barret-Jackson, Mecum or Christies ??

#1707 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

That ended pretty quick. He must have sold them all - lol.

So he wants to sell $80,000 worth of games but can't be bothered to post any pictures?

#1708 8 years ago

This guy needs to stop using his daughter and wife in his videos and photos.

ebay.com link: itm

Maybe you'd like a poster?

#1709 8 years ago

Oh this is too much lol, It's the human condition to be a complete and total buffoon lol!

#1710 8 years ago

Saw some people earlier in this thread wondering about the kind of people who fall for some of the broken english scammers and thought I'd post a recent experience I had at work.

I discovered an email chain from a woman I worked with to someone selling a puppy. He was giving them away because for free because he just moved to Australia and his flat didn't allow pets,but she had to pay his lawyer in Nigeria $500 for transportation costs. His lawyers were in between moving offices so she was told to pay the money through western union direct to the lawyer.

There was one email that was written up to look like it came from a professional dog shipping company that looked like it was done in the 90's big bolded garish coloured text with each letter done in different colours and the likes, I remember the dog's health was listed as "proper" on a fake checklist. Large parts made no sense and were just broken english.

Her last reply before I told her to not pay or contact them again was that she was going to find a western union branch to wire them the money and she was begging him to hold on to the puppy until she could get to one.

So some people do fall for these kind of things.

#1711 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

ebay.com link
    Maybe you'd like a poster?

I will say it again, "Anything for a buck."
    Maybe it will be a collector item in 20 years.

I never realized he had such a fan club.
    He did sell five of these, most likely to his relatives. (Insert dueling banjos here)

Here is something GOOD to hang on your wall, and it's well done and tasteful as well.

The most impressive part is the cosplay, because the outfit took a lot of work and matches the game perefectly. It's too bad most will not appreciate the artist photo more than the woman herself.

janine_pinball1.jpgjanine_pinball1.jpg

#1712 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Do you live under power lines?

Do you feel insulted or would you like assistance?
    Intensity comes with my personality after spending a full career in the military. It's natural, and motivating.

#1713 8 years ago

I will say it again, "Anything for a buck."
    Maybe it will be a collector item in 20 years.
    I never realized he had such a fan club.
    He did sell five of these, most likely to his relatives. (Insert dueling banjos here)
    Here is something GOOD to hang on your wall, and it's well done and tasteful as well.
    The most impressive part is the cosplay, because the outfit took a lot of work and matches the game perefectly. It's too bad most will not appreciate the artist photo more than the woman herself.
    janine_pinball1.jpg

Yummmm

#1714 8 years ago

Do you feel insulted or would you like assistance?
    Intensity comes with my personality after spending a full career in the military. It's natural, and motivating.

It also comes with psychosis, there is nothing natural about a desire to berate and humiliate people publicly. Deep breaths man, that stress and shit will kill you.

#1715 8 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link
    "This is a 1972 era Gottlieb Wildlife Pin Ball Machine in good working condition. The machine will reset to 1 or 2 players but will not light up for credits. The glass covering the playing area was lost in its recent move. The only thing wrong I see is 1 spring direction control is not sitting in the right place" $1995
    00707_9zadqepIunA_600x450[1].jpg00707_9zadqepIunA_600x450[1].jpg

Who are these people?
    "My pinball machine has issues, has no playfield glass (so likely very dirty playfield), but hey wont' you give me top dollar?"
    Also "good working condition" seems to contradict the rest of the description. I'm willing to bet the steel backbox cover is missing too (not just removed for photos).

#1716 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It also comes with psychosis, there is nothing natural about a desire to berate and humiliate people publicly. Deep breaths man, that stress and shit will kill you.

I never stated I "enjoyed" doing such actions. That is sadistic. What I do know is human beings DO NOT learn unless are consequences. Otherwise, unscrupulous sellers just keep trying to burn new collectors. I do my part to protect against these actions.

#1717 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Who are these people?

The definition here is called, "Rabid ignorance and disgraceful unwillingness to admit the proper truth"

(ie person who clearly lies)

VERY EXPENSIVE EM pinball machine, especially for a title that is virtually unknown.
    I guess he likes playing the machine without the glass off, but the reality check is he knows the machine does not even work properly, and wants to unload the machine as quickly as possible.

#1718 8 years ago

I never stated I "enjoyed" doing such actions. That is sadistic. What I do know is human beings DO NOT learn unless are consequences. Otherwise, unscrupulous sellers just keep trying to burn new collectors. I do my part to protect against these actions.

It is strange that you have such strong beliefs in how human beings learn, your taking the price police to a whole new level. A willingness to berate and humiliate someone over the price of a pinball machine, I agree that is sadistic and if you don't enjoy it why are you doing it?

#1719 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

A willingness to berate and humiliate someone over the price of a pinball machine, I agree that is sadistic and if you don't enjoy it why are you doing it?

It's not strange if you spent the first half of your life in a military career. It's engrained as a part of moral values. I detest those that try to take advantage of others in any shape and form.

People learn from PAIN, not pleasure, or they just keep doing the same bad things over and over again.
    You can think about it as some "hellraiser" analogy if you will.

It's not about price, it's about condition, functionality, and cost together. I am not the "price police", I am one of those collectors that help others to get into the hobby but try to ensure they DO NOT have an immediate bad taste in their mouth and quit before the start, because of bad sellers burned their house to the ground, after stealing everything not nailed down, and then came back later after the fire to sift through the ashes.

I am sure you would have appreciated having this support at some point.

A person should get what they pay for every time.

As I already stated, I do this to protect others, as many people will not do it, out of lack of concern or care. No different than when I protected the rights of others for different reasons at another time in my life. Canadians, Brits, Frenchies, Germans, it does not matter.

Did you know that most insurance companies do not recognize the existence of pinball machine appraisers?
    Guess what they are wrong about this as well, although auctioneers enjoy trying to make people believe otherwise.

#1720 8 years ago

It's not strange if you spent the first half of your life in a military career. It's engrained as a part of moral values. I detest those that try to take advantage of others in any shape and form.
    It's not about price, it's about condition, functionality, and cost together. I am not the "price police", I am one of those collectors that help others to get into the hobby but they DO NOT have an immediate bad taste in their mouth and quit before the start, because of bad sellers.
    I am sure you would have appreciated having this at some point.
    A person should get what they pay for.
    As I already stated, I do this to protect others, as many people will not do it, out of lack of concern or care. No different than when I protected the rights of others for different reasons at another time in my life.
    Did you know that most insurance companies did not recognize the existence of pinball machine appraisers?

I disagree with you on almost every level so we will just have to agree to disagree.

#1721 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I disagree with you on almost every level so we will just have to agree to disagree.

Fair enough.
    Mutual respect in opinion is always appreciated.

#1722 8 years ago

lexington.craigslist.org link

"It's a Christmas miracle!!!! You've been looking for that special gift for that special someone, look no further. Here's your chance to own your very own WORKING Doodle Bug pinball machine!!! That's right, I said a "working Doodle Bug" pinball machine. Read that last statement again to make sure that your eyes aren't deceiving you. This classic beauty from the early 1970's needs a new home...yours! Don't wait and get Scrooged. Buy this machine or you'll be crying tears of regret all winter."

There you go folks... for a mere $800 all your Christmas wishes come true!

#1723 8 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

"It's a Christmas miracle!!!! You've been looking for that special gift for that special someone, look no further. Here's your chance to own your very own WORKING Doodle Bug pinball machine!!! That's right, I said a "working Doodle Bug" pinball machine. Read that last statement again to make sure that your eyes aren't deceiving you. This classic beauty from the early 1970's needs a new home...yours! Don't wait and get Scrooged. Buy this machine or you'll be crying tears of regret all winter."

I like the "homie" fine print disclaimer part at the end.
    That was entertaining.

#1724 8 years ago

" target="_blank">lexington.craigslist.org link

Man I was all excited to buy this and make all my wishes come true, but then I read the fine print and he says he wants to be paid in cash only; old Halloween candy is not accepted unfortunately.

#1725 8 years ago

And it's not even shopped, it's currently being routed at a dry cleaners and you only get to test it out if you're polite :-0

#1726 8 years ago

louisville.craigslist.org link

I love this ad. It has one picture of the flippers. It says rarely used even though in the one picture there is actually a little paint loss. It doesn't tell the name, just "Pinball machine." It's $2000.

I imagine it could be a person that doesn't know they have a Swinger/Fun-Fest EM that's worth around $500 and maybe you could talk some sense into them. It's probably not worth it though.

#1727 8 years ago

reply x prohibited[?] Posted: about an hour ago ◀ prev ▲ next ▶ print
    1950's Gotlieb pinball macchine - $7000 (Coral Springs,Fl)
    image 1pasted_image.pngpasted_image.png
    image 1image 2image 3

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    1039 NW5 ct
    (google map)

condition: good
    make / manufacturer: Gotlieb
    model name / number: Dodge City
    size / dimensions: 29x69x22

safety tips
    prohibited items
    product recalls
    avoiding scams
    This is a 60 year old pinball machine that is all flat spring relays. Asking $7000.00 or best reasonable offer. You must pick-up and ship.
    it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    post id: 5325961921 posted: about an hour ago updated: about an hour ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]

pasted_image.pngpasted_image.png

#1728 8 years ago

Wow, hope he meant $700

#1729 8 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

image 1pasted_image.png
    image 1image 2image 3
    1039 NW5 ct
    (google map)

safety tips
    prohibited items
    product recalls
    avoiding scams
    This is a 60 year old pinball machine that is all flat spring relays. Asking $7000.00 or best reasonable offer. You must pick-up and ship.
    post id: 5325961921 posted: about an hour ago updated: about an hour ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]
    pasted_image.png

$7000????!
    Old=rare=expensive. I wonder what the real worth of this machine is?

#1730 8 years ago

I tried to post a pic of the mildewed playfield but couldn't get it to load into the post.

#1731 8 years ago

Bally Orr powerplay, playfield wear in sections, only $3500

#1732 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mateo777:

$7000????!
    Old=rare=expensive. I wonder what the real worth of this machine is?

Mr. Pinball 2015 price guide has the value listed at $675. So yeah, hopefully the guy accidentally typed an extra zero there....but I doubt it.

#1733 8 years ago

Was looking for this dodge city in FL and came across this. Almost all of the prices in Florida are outrageous. We would have to start a whole new thread just for those nuts down there. $2000 trashed Aztec.

fortmyers.craigslist.org link

#1734 8 years ago

So specific!

"Will consider trades for the following:

Late model pinball machines (1990 and later), Timeshare in Aruba at Surf club or Ocean club for months of Jan-April"

#1735 8 years ago

boston.craigslist.org link

(GOLD in capitals, 100% shopped 17 years ago, add cool features and most importantly will make you money in the future)

This TAF pinball is a collectors edition. Has several GOLD features. GOLD CASE , GOLD PROMS. The GOLD case and back are so more desirable than the ugly blue. Was 100% shopped when I bought it from a dealer 17 yrs ago. Has had very light use in my game room since then. Has a couple extras. Playfield in EXCELLENT shape. But is ready to be restored and add some cool features and this WILL make you $ in the future. Kids want to trade for a Bubble hockey? Wont last..... email me an offer. I have a pickup so can deliver and help setup if within 2 hours of Boston.

#1736 8 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

image 1pasted_image.png
    image 1image 2image 3
    1039 NW5 ct
    (google map)
    safety tips
    prohibited items
    product recalls
    avoiding scams
    pasted_image.png

Quoted from poppapin:

Wow, hope he meant $700

Probably did mean $7000 ... got have funds to keep that crack habit going.

#1737 8 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

(GOLD in capitals, 100% shopped 17 years ago, add cool features and most importantly will make you money in the future)
    This TAF pinball is a collectors edition. Has several GOLD features. GOLD CASE , GOLD PROMS. The GOLD case and back are so more desirable than the ugly blue. Was 100% shopped when I bought it from a dealer 17 yrs ago. Has had very light use in my game room since then. Has a couple extras. Playfield in EXCELLENT shape. But is ready to be restored and add some cool features and this WILL make you $ in the future. Kids want to trade for a Bubble hockey? Wont last..... email me an offer. I have a pickup so can deliver and help setup if within 2 hours of Boston.

Trade for a bubble hockey would have been a pretty sweet deal.

#1738 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

th.jpgth.jpg

#1739 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Yeah can't you get really nice stick hockey games for $500 lol. Sounds like a steal to me.

#1740 8 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

This TAF pinball is a collectors edition. Has several GOLD features

I thought all TAF were made of REAL GOLD! (Special Edition of otherwise)

At least that is what the general population thinks overall, pinball collector or not.

Planetary needs to reproduce this game someday and make loosen its waistband by about 10 notches.
    Many TAF ARE blown out, and need new playfields and cabinets from being routed and moved so much.

#1741 8 years ago

quite possibly the highest price I've ever seen for an Alive machine

#1742 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

So specific!
    "Will consider trades for the following:
    Late model pinball machines (1990 and later), Timeshare in Aruba at Surf club or Ocean club for months of Jan-April"

He specifically wants to trade the expensive engagement ring for a late model pinball machine. Sounds like at least he has some of his priorities in order.

#1743 8 years ago

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

You always seem too late for these deals. Hope it was a fraud.

#1744 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tachammer:

You always seem too late for these deals. Hope it was a fraud.

Well, the pictures are actually a set, both machines in the same basement together. And a quick search on tineye for a couple of them didn't show that they were grabbed from somewhere else. I think that was a legit ad.

#1745 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Well, the pictures are actually a set, both machines in the same basement together. And a quick search on tineye for a couple of them didn't show that they were grabbed from somewhere else. I think that was a legit ad. I'm kind of happy for whoever got those, in a very jealous way.

That was supposed to be an edit, not a new post. But it seems I can't delete it, so now I'm repeating myself. :p

#1746 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Well, the pictures are actually a set, both machines in the same basement together. And a quick search on tineye for a couple of them didn't show that they were grabbed from somewhere else. I think that was a legit ad.

I agree, a legit ad. I would bet anything same buyer got the pair for no more than $6k.

For someone that likely bought them from a route back in the day for $1200-$1500 each, I am sure he was thrilled to double his money and have enjoyed the games for the past 20 years.

#1747 8 years ago

Not Craigslist, but still pretty funny. Mario characters? On a Playboy?!?

ebay.com link: link

#1748 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Not Craigslist, but still pretty funny. Mario characters? On a Playboy?!?
    ebay.com link

Link no workie.

#1749 8 years ago

You too can own your very own SWTNG machine...

dallas.craigslist.org link

Just in time for Christmas - this Star Wars Next Generation Pinball Machine is in great condition.

Operating Manual included.

One of only 11,728 of these machines manufactured and distributed all over the world, this is truly an amazing machine.

Serious purchasers only, please.

#1750 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

One of only 11,728 of these machines manufactured and distributed all over the world...

Wow, that's certainly a rare bird!

There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.