Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,873 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 178.
    #1351 8 years ago

What a steal!

columbiamo.craigslist.org link

I am selling an antique "vintage" Japanese pinball machine. The "Pachinko" game is most easily described as the pinball game. Although, it's original purpose was to create a way to gamble in a country that had otherwise outlawed the sport. They are each uniquely designed and created individually. The one I have is in great condition although it needs the steel balls replaced. They were missing when I acquired it. I am asking $ 700.00 a bargain considering they can easily be sold for $1000 and up. This money is needed to go towards transportation so I can get back and forth to work. I would be open to trading it for a scooter / moped something that I don't need to insure or tag. Be realistic and dont insult my intelligence plz. If you are interested and would like further information in regards to this exceptionally unique game plz feel free to call or text anytime. thanks for your interest.

#1352 8 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

" target="_blank">columbus.craigslist.org link
    F-14 - $2600
    If these keep going up in price, maybe I'll be able to trade mine for a $5000 Congo. Granted this F-14 looks nicer than mine because of the insert stickers.

The guy can't even put up a link for a video of a F-14 Tomcat pin and tells you to Google it! Sounds like he wants you to watch video of some one elses game.

#1353 8 years ago

"These old pinball machines sell for 6K and up!"

He's practically GIVING it away!

houston.craigslist.org link

gorgar.jpggorgar.jpg

#1354 8 years ago
    Quoted from Okarcades:

" target="_blank">sd.craigslist.org link
    F-14 $2500 I emailed the guy he said he has never waxed it

Quoted from Geocab:

" target="_blank">columbus.craigslist.org link
    F-14 - $2600
    If these keep going up in price, maybe I'll be able to trade mine for a $5000 Congo. Granted this F-14 looks nicer than mine because of the insert stickers.

wichitafalls.craigslist.org link

Apparently, $2500 IS the new going rate for F-14 Tomcat. Lookout Congo! There's a new (old) kid in town!

f14tomcat.jpgf14tomcat.jpg

#1355 8 years ago
    Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

gorgar.jpg

He's sitting on a goldmine!

#1357 8 years ago
    Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

gorgar.jpg

Quoted from ForceFlow:

He's sitting on a goldmine!

To bad he didn't post pictures of the acctual game he has and posted stock photos instead.

#1358 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

To bad he didn't post pictures of the acctual game he has and posted stock photos instead.

Pfft...what for? They're all the same anyway.

#1359 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Here is a guy set firm in his beliefs!

He's been firm in his beliefs for about 2 years now. At least he isn't lying when he says that this isn't a must sell situation. Frankly, it's a no sell situation. He should get together with the guy that has the 2 cocktail games he's been trying to sell for the last several years. Maybe they could work out a swap or something.

#1360 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

What a steal!
    columbiamo.craigslist.org link
    I am selling an antique "vintage" Japanese pinball machine. The "Pachinko" game is most easily described as the pinball game. Although, it's original purpose was to create a way to gamble in a country that had otherwise outlawed the sport. They are each uniquely designed and created individually. The one I have is in great condition although it needs the steel balls replaced. They were missing when I acquired it. I am asking $ 700.00 a bargain considering they can easily be sold for $1000 and up. This money is needed to go towards transportation so I can get back and forth to work. I would be open to trading it for a scooter / moped something that I don't need to insure or tag. Be realistic and dont insult my intelligence plz. If you are interested and would like further information in regards to this exceptionally unique game plz feel free to call or text anytime. thanks for your interest.

I read this one when it showed up on CL the other day. It made me slightly nauseated. Such a clueless individual.

#1361 8 years ago

"open to trading it for a scooter / moped something that I don't need to insure or tag. Be realistic and dont insult my intelligence plz."

......as he insults yours.

#1362 8 years ago

Austin Powers for $9500 anyone?

tampa.craigslist.org link

For sale I have a special edition Austin Powers Pinball Machine. I am the only owner and I bought it new 14 years ago. It is a "Special Edition" in that it is gold plated and signed by Stern himself (the only pinball manufacturer left in the world, to my understanding).

They only made 10 of these special editions and mine is #3, as you can see in one of the pics posted above. It looks and plays great. The sound bites are fantastic with tons of actual quotes from the movies and the play itself is super fun, as you get to shoot into Fat Bastards toilet, a time machine, at Mini-Me and of course Austin himself.

If you're a fan of the Austin Powers movies and/or pinball machines and have been looking for something super special to put into your man-cave that will bring you years of enjoyment, both visually and play-wise, this is for you.

As I mentioned, this special edition is one of only 10 made in EXISTENCE. I have seen AP machines up for sale before, but NEVER one of these special editions, so don't delay...buy it NOW while you have the chance, because I'm betting you're never going to see another one of these come on the market again!

#1363 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I hate when people post any game for sale and use the stock photos, or even worse, the flyer. Then again, there are some people out in the world that still use 1994 Motorola flip phones. Hopefully he takes the money he makes off the game and buys either a camera or an updated cell, or some common sense.

#1364 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I hate when people post any game for sale and use the stock photos, or even worse, the flyer. Then again, there are some people out in the world that still use 1994 Motorola flip phones. Hopefully he takes the money he makes off the game and buys either a camera or an updated cell, or some common sense.

Flip Phone? I just got a new family plan with these really cheap.
    o-80S-BRICK-PHONES-570.jpgo-80S-BRICK-PHONES-570.jpg

#1367 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

syracuse.craigslist.org link

Pin ball machine - $21750 (cicero)

Gottlieb Monte Carlo pin ball michine. Works well. Comes with instruction manual.
    Cash on pick up only.

00i0i_b0DY8Cg1GWq_600x450.jpg00i0i_b0DY8Cg1GWq_600x450.jpg

Looks like there's a few extra numbers in the price....

#1368 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

00i0i_b0DY8Cg1GWq_600x450.jpg

just got off the phone. beat him down to eighteen thousand dollars

#1369 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If extra digits, the question is do you think he wants $2,175, or $1,750? Both prices would be ridiculous for that game. But then again, it does have a functioning roulette wheel!!! Unless Rob takes it for $18k...

#1370 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Quoted from rcbrown316:

$10K by Christmas?

#1371 8 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

o-80S-BRICK-PHONES-570.jpg

And I think those phones are legen......wait for it......dary. They must be a blast to text on. Ahhh...the good old days. Luckily I was too young to have the pleasure of using one of those bad boys. Thank God.

#1372 8 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

o-80S-BRICK-PHONES-570.jpg

Funny part is, phones started getting smaller, now they're getting larger again.

#1373 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The reason must be that the instruction manual is included. Those things get lost pretty easily.

#1374 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

I offered him two Congos. Both signed by Michael Crichton!!

Waiting for his response...

#1375 8 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

The reason must be that the instruction manual is included. Those things get lost pretty easily.

Well, they are almost unobtanium.

#1376 8 years ago

Maybe he's selling a refurb'd Chevy Monte Carlo SS...and accidently posted a pic of the pinball game.

#1377 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

If extra digits, the question is do you think he wants $2,175, or $1,750? Both prices would be ridiculous for that game. But then again, it does have a functioning roulette wheel!!! Unless Rob takes it for $18k...

$217.50 - I think he forgot the decimal

#1379 8 years ago

Wow! I'm at a loss for words.

#1380 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Gotta love the ads that taunt the ads.
    -mof
    stlouis.craigslist.org link

I can't view Craigslist at work anymore. Care to copy & paste?

#1381 8 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

I can't view Craigslist at work anymore. Care to copy & paste?

"The original ad is a hoax, this is the same guy that posts pinballs at good to great prices then will not respond to emails. He did this to an Indiana Jones not long ago and I'm sure others I missed. It must be great to have no life other than to post stuff so people can respond and you can laugh, i guess thats what you do?? And I was kidding, you must have no life at all. so sad"

YOU MUST HAVE NO LIFE AT ALL!!!
    LOL

#1382 8 years ago

At least the game play is not affected when it is worn to the wood!
    cleveland.craigslist.org link

#1383 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Here's the title: Flash Gordon Pinball Machine - $1350 (Mentor)

He'll probably get it. At that price + a CPR playfield it's still in the active price range. At 1k it'd be gone already. IMHO

#1385 8 years ago
    Quoted from scokes:

kansascity.craigslist.org link
    think I'll pass.

He is asking 1200 and says he wont even let you plug it in.....

#1386 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Here's the title: Flash Gordon Pinball Machine - $1350 (Mentor)
    He'll probably get it. At that price + a CPR playfield it's still in the active price range. At 1k it'd be gone already. IMHO

I would have to agree, it seems I wasn't thorough in doing my homework Didn't know there was a CPR playfield for this game. Carry on.

#1387 8 years ago
    Quoted from scokes:

" target="_blank">kansascity.craigslist.org link
    think I'll pass.

"whats in pictures is what I have and that's all"

So I guess that means no front legs either?

#1388 8 years ago
    Quoted from scokes:

kansascity.craigslist.org link
    think I'll pass.

What's with the duct tape on machines lately?

#1389 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Quoted from wayout440:

I would have to agree, it seems I wasn't thorough in doing my homework Didn't know there was a CPR playfield for this game. Carry on.

And the cabinet doesn't look too bad. At least the seller posted a lot of pictures.

#1390 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Didn't know there was a CPR playfield for this game. Carry on.

Didn't see anything on CPR's site about this playfield.

#1391 8 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Didn't see anything on CPR's site about this playfield.

They came out in mid-2012, and are most likely all sold out, so they aren't listed on the site.

The photo gallery: http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo106.html

#1392 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I have to agree with your original post... still seems high to me. I helped my brother in law pick one up with a similar condition playfield last year. It also had some broken wires and a drop target bank had to be fixed, but he only paid $650 for it.

#1393 8 years ago

I love this thread....keep'em coming!

#1394 8 years ago

The Chicago craigslist is always good for a laugh or two. Here's one: chicago.craigslist.org link

Here's the text from this one:

This Big Indian pinball machine is in fair condition. This classic vintage pinball machine is super cool. It has beautiful American Indian artwork that may be frowned upon by today's PC standards. Overall the unit is sturdy and intact and lights up. It will be the center piece of any room or man-cave, you will be the envy of all your friends and neighbors.

Manufactured by D. Gottlieb & Co. in Northlake, Illinois in 1974.

NOT SURE IF MACHINE FUNCTIONS PROPERLY IT LIGHTS UP BEAUTIFULLY

Please include your phone number when responding to this ad.

3K or best offer

He's not sure if it works but man it sure looks good when it's lit up - that's got to be worth $3k, right? Of course, he does say or best offer so I'm sure he won't be offended when someone offers him $200.

There's also a guy selling a Delta Queen. Here's one of the listings: chicago.craigslist.org link

The problem is he has it listed 3 times with 3 different prices. One has it for $950, one has it for $888 and in the other he claims he has an offer of $550 so if you want it, you have to beat that price. This thing has been for sale for months. If I were him I'd take that $550 and skedaddle.

#1395 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

What's with the duct tape on machines lately?

Didn't you hear...duct tape is the new mod to have. I like the Gorilla tape mod myself. It is much stronger and really peels of the artwork in a fashionable way. Makes the game more collectible IMHO.

#1396 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

He is asking 1200 and says he wont even let you plug it in.....

Why on earth would you want to plug it in? All you really need is the game title, but this guy was nice enough to give you a description plus pictures! Well I don't put up with nitpicky buyers. You pay before you touch is what I always say.

#1397 8 years ago

So... I don't know the whole story but it appears two guys are fighting over craigslist. I was just looking for project pin the other day and stumbled on this. There are yo momma jokes and other middle school style insults.

nh.craigslist.org link
    nh.craigslist.org link
    nh.craigslist.org link
    nh.craigslist.org link

#1398 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

So... I don't know the whole story but it appears two guys are fighting over craigslist. I was just looking for project pin the other day and stumbled on this. There are yo momma jokes and other middle school style insults.
    " target="_blank">nh.craigslist.org link
    nh.craigslist.org link

That has got to be a few of the weirdest posts on CL I have ever seen. What the hell are those two thinking? And do they even have a pinball machine they're selling? LOL. I wish I had that much free time on my hands that I could circuitously make fake ads about nothing.

#1399 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That has got to be a few of the weirdest posts on CL I have ever seen. What the hell are those two thinking? And do they even have a pinball machine they're selling? LOL. I wish I had that much free time on my hands that I could circuitously make fake ads about nothing.

Kinda feel like posting to the NH craigslist and adding fuel to the fire.

#1400 8 years ago

So im sure everyone seen the latest pinball bash on my SF craigslist add for Monster Bash. So this coward is
    Daniel peirce.
    Anyone know his pinside screen name? I've tried to contact him to ask "how I've wronged him" but he won't even crawl out from under his rock to respond. The only contact I ever had with him was to buy his Shadow.
    I offered a PP deposite for him to hold it and he said not to worry. Later that same day he listed it and sold it. I called him a lier and that his word was garbage and he has no hornor. I felt i was correct in saying that and still do. And this is how he gets back at me for telling him the truth.

There are 8,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.