Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 178.
    #1001 9 years ago

How bout this one... its rare! 4 cement blocks holding it up though.... wtf

wausau.craigslist.org link

#1002 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

" target="_blank">philadelphia.craigslist.org link

"Some" wear? Yikes...it's more than just some...

00x0x_39Fdy5ouoCT_600x450.jpg

You know, I saws this picture when you first posted it, and just realized:

The wear on the playfield is so bad, I didn't notice the lights are on, but the playfield display is blank!

#1003 9 years ago

Wow, lots of laughs! Just broke the 1000 replies mark!

#1004 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1005 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bbismuth:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

wow... that pirates is priced to move

#1006 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

southjersey.craigslist.org link
    00w0w_1xoqWbGwzQe_600x450.jpg
    "pinball machine - $250 (national park)
    as is not sure whats wrong with it 250 call I do not answer emails show contact info future flash"
    I think I know what is wrong with this one.

That is such a huge pet peeve for me - when people can things pinball machines that are clearly not pinball machines.

#1007 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bbismuth:

"Please call with any questions."

I have a few.

#1008 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bbismuth:

Yea I have one WTF ,that should be sold already

#1009 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Not CL but pretty funny. Check out that sweet back glass lol

#1010 8 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

... DAFQ?

#1011 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

" target="_blank">humboldt.craigslist.org link
    starwars-destroyer-1.jpg
    Imperial II-class Star Destroyer (Mad River)
    Selling a slightly used Imperial II-class Star Destroyer.
    Previously (slightly) owned by a navigator of a spice freighter, this vessel has been sitting on my moisture farm and needs to be removed before next year's harvest. I just haven't had time to give this classic the attention it deserves and my loss is some-one else's gain!
    1,600 meters in length this bad boy has a maximum atmospheric speed of 975 km/h and an acceleration of >2,300 g. It's got a Class 2 hyper-drive system still in working order with a backup Class 8. SFS I-a2b solar ionization reactor is in good to excellent shape. KDY Destroyer-I ion engine turns over on the first try but may need a new serpentine belt.
    As you can see by the picture provided, the deflector shield generator domes are intact. That is a state of the art ISD-72x.
    Fully equipped with LeGrange targeting computers, heavy ion cannons, Phylon Q7 tractor beam projectors, leather bucket seats, and a 15 disc cd changer.
    36,000 tons of cargo capacity, this beauty was ran with a crew of 37,085 but you can pull it off with a minimum of 5,000 leaving you plenty of room to pack in a few extra AT-AT walkers, TIE starfighters, prefabricated garrison bases, Lambda-class shuttles, yards of soil, spool after spool of pipe, and jet skis.
    This superstructure is perfect for long road trips with the family, discovering new galaxies, picking up girls for dates, and general destruction of your enemies. Have you ever seen what a Star Destroyer can do to the surface of an unshielded planet? Stones run like water and sand turns to glass. With just a little TLC, this baby can be good as new.
    Brand new this beauty of the skies runs at about 145,670,000 credits, but do to some carbon scoring I can be flexible on the price. Realistically, I just need it removed from my property, so all offers or trades will be considered. Make me an offer, no mind tricks.
    First come, first serve basis. You are responsible for towing.
    do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

The future is going to be awesome.

#1012 8 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Is that black stuff construction paper?

No wonder they want so much. That's a unique mod.

#1013 8 years ago

I'm thrilled to see an A-List title so close but really!

stockton.craigslist.org link

Star Trek The Next Generation Pinball Machine - $7500 (Stockton, CA)

1993 Star Trek The Next Generation Pinball Machine For Sale:

Everything is already done or added to this machine. Buy it, Load it, Take it home, and Turn it on!

This is a great example of the number 3 pinball out of the top 10 Solid State pinball machines in the world written by The Internet Pinball Database website.

MODS:Romulon Ship Mod w/ LED's, Borg Man Mod w/ Laser Cannon, Klingon Ship Mod w/ LED's, Star Ship Enterprise Mod w/LED's, New style Laser Cannons w/ new cannon covers, and pop bumper Mod Cover under Beta ramp.

New play field plastics with plastic protection barriers, new Coin Door, New Black Legs, Gold Leg Bolts, New Leg Levelers, Black Leg Cabinet Protectors, New Borg Ship, Pro Speakers w/ Bass speaker Upgrade, All new Ramps(Alpha, BETA, and Delta) including Stickers, new Manta ramps protectors, New Coin Door, New Coin Box, New Coin Registers, all new ribbon cables, New Ball Trough Transmitter and Receiver Boards, new flipper board, new DMD Board, new DMD Plasma screen, New 16 Opto Board, new Mirror Glazed Pinballs, new playfield glass and more. Can prove with receipts.

I have rebuilt pop bumpers, updated CPU prom, replaced all lighting with LED and incandescent bulbs, replaced all bad solenoids and bad sleeves, rebuilt all flippers, new rubbers and cleaned and waxed... Game is completely operational. Play field and Cabinet are in great condition.

This price is Firm! PLEASE, NO LOW BALLERS! Not in a hurry to sell. These games start selling at $4900 in original condition and that's not including any problems or worn out conditions. By the time you repair and upgrade your machine the way you want it, you would have this much money into it, maybe more. I'm saving you the headaches and the wasted time and money having someone fix it and upgrade it for you.

#1014 8 years ago

Not craigslist, but quite deserving of a good laugh...

ebay.com link: Double Dragon coin op arcade game

Double Dragon arcade - $2,795

Ya know, because there are no cigarette burns after all...

#1015 8 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Yikes.
    Imagine what he wants for the pins in the background.

#1016 8 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Not craigslist, but quite deserving of a good laugh...
    ebay.com link » Double Dragon Coin Op Arcade Game
    Ya know, because there are no cigarette burns after all...

The original arcade is basically unplayable. This is like the first game with massive frame rate issues. All the knock offs that came after it gained popularity are much better. If you haven't played this since back in the day you'll laugh at how bad it is.

#1017 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

The original arcade is basically unplayable. This is like the first game with massive frame rate issues. All the knock offs that came after it gained popularity are much better. If you haven't played this since back in the day you'll laugh at how bad it is.

Yep, I used to own one. The controls are sluggish. Lots of glitches. As far as side-scrolling beat 'em ups go, i've always preferred Final Fight.

#1018 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bbismuth:

Purchased from Amini's Galleria? Errrr... Not something to brag about.

#1019 8 years ago

More power to this guy if he can find someone willing to trade, and believe his values...

chicago.craigslist.org link

And in case it's gone by time you see it, here's the text:

Hello,

Completely restored, upgraded,and. shopped pins with a ton of extra parts, labor and work put into them. Willing to trade both for an AC/DC pro:

TMNT - new rottendog pwr supply, $250 in cointaker LEDs top and bottom and head, perfect backglass, perfectpl ayfield, body good, new rubbers, balls, locks, leg levelers, keg protectors, flipper and front assemblies rebuilt, many extra parts $1800 value pin with $400 in extra parts i am including also $2200 total value

Stern 2001 Striker Xtreme - LEDs top and bottom, fully shopped, rebuilt assemblies, new drop targets, ball, stickers, rubbers, balls, legs, levelers, leg protectors, custom stern side rails, coin bix, key fob, relays, lane guides, etc. $2400 value $3950+ on ebay)

Trade bith fir an AC/DC pro - currently 4200-4400 light home use only used avg.

Anyone want to trad this dude?

Dave

#1020 8 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

More power to this guy if he can find someone willing to trade, and believe his values...
    Hello,
    Completely restored, upgraded,and. shopped pins with a ton of extra parts, labor and work put into them. Willing to trade both for an AC/DC pro:
    TMNT - new rottendog pwr supply, $250 in cointaker LEDs top and bottom and head, perfect backglass, perfectpl ayfield, body good, new rubbers, balls, locks, leg levelers, keg protectors, flipper and front assemblies rebuilt, many extra parts $1800 value pin with $400 in extra parts i am including also $2200 total value
    Stern 2001 Striker Xtreme - LEDs top and bottom, fully shopped, rebuilt assemblies, new drop targets, ball, stickers, rubbers, balls, legs, levelers, leg protectors, custom stern side rails, coin bix, key fob, relays, lane guides, etc. $2400 value $3950+ on ebay)
    Dave

"light home use only used avg."

Huh?

#1021 8 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Hello,
    Dave

I saw that this morning and thought he may have been smoking a little too much of the medical marijuana. Striker Extreme is a god awful game and worth about $1500 TOPS with LEDS. I have never played a TMNT because I hate TMNT, so I have no clues as to how it plays.

He may get some responses, but not of the kind he is looking for. Chicago CL is ruthless.

#1022 8 years ago

I like how he lists "key fob" as a selling point.

#1023 8 years ago

But the game is worth 3950 on e bay....

#1024 8 years ago

Fair description and price, but got to love the cabinet and this write up: sfbay.craigslist.org link

00707_2Lx0D1yJovN_600x450.jpg00707_2Lx0D1yJovN_600x450.jpg

"This particular machine is somewhat rough. If you're looking for an inexpensive solid-state pinball machine, this is great; if you're looking for a machine to restore, this isn't the one. There is playfield wear, the cabinet has been repainted, and the back cabinet has been repaired from some sort of impact. However, in its favor, the previous owner installed an LED lighting kit, and the hard-to-find central plastic ramp is intact. Most importantly, everything does work, though a couple of the score displays are getting weak.

What the heck. It's a working pinball machine!"

#1025 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Fair description and price, but got to love the cabinet and this write up: " target="_blank">sfbay.craigslist.org link
    00707_2Lx0D1yJovN_600x450.jpg
    "This particular machine is somewhat rough. If you're looking for an inexpensive solid-state pinball machine, this is great; if you're looking for a machine to restore, this isn't the one. There is playfield wear, the cabinet has been repainted, and the back cabinet has been repaired from some sort of impact. However, in its favor, the previous owner installed an LED lighting kit, and the hard-to-find central plastic ramp is intact. Most importantly, everything does work, though a couple of the score displays are getting weak.
    What the heck. It's a working pinball machine!"

What the actual F*** happend to that back box?!? Did someone try to lower it without removing the bolts?

#1026 8 years ago

The cabinet repaint is actually kind of nice. It could have been a lot worse.

Of course the original paint would have been really easy to reproduce with a basic stencil.

#1027 8 years ago

Saw this on Ebay

ebay.com link: Data East Pinball Shooter Button Housing Plastic R Bullwinkle WWF Star Trek

Talk about a mark-up. Those usually sell for under $20, when people have them.

#1028 8 years ago

Man, there's no shortage of ridiculousness on craigslist. Here's another:

annarbor.craigslist.org link

And in case it's gone (doubtful) before you can see it, here's the ad:

Very rare find in Detroit Michigan 1978 Brunswick ALIVE Pinball Machine:

Alive Description
    This Game was made while Elvis was still alive and Brunswick couldn't get the rights to call it Elvis so they used an image of a Elvis look alike with a Afro which Tom Jones wore at the time. Both Artists were popular at the time.

Brunswick, the Alive maker, released 19 different machines in our database under this trade name, starting in 1931.

Other machines made by Brunswick during the time period Alive was produced include Aspen, Circus, Super Star, Block-A-Shot, Air Handball, Astro Hockey, and Karate.
    Alive - KLOV/IAM 5 Point User Score: 4.05 (1 vote)
    Personal Impressions Score: 4.60

Overall 'Like': 5.00
    Fun (Social): 5.00
    Fun (Solo): 5.00
    Collector Desire: 3.00 Technical Impressions Score: 3.50

Gameplay: 5.00
    Graphics: 5.00
    Originality: 2.00
    Sound/Music: 2.00

Personal Impressions and Technical Impressions each account for half of the total score. Within the Personal Impressions category, "Like" carries a little more weight than the other factors.

Cabinet Style Weights and Measures
    Type
    Upright/Standard

VAPS Arcade/Coin-Op Alive Census
    There are 8,159 members of the Vintage Arcade Preservation Society, 6,772 whom participate in our arcade census project of games owned, wanted, or for sale. Census data currently includes 108,049 machines (5,111 unique titles).

Scarce - There are 3 known instances of this machine owned by Alive collectors who are active members. Of these, 3 of them are original dedicated machines

Wanted - No active members have added this machine to their wish list.

This game ranks a 0 on a scale out of 100 (100 = most often seen, 1=least common) in popularity based on census ownership records.

He's asking $3999 for this "rare" game that ranks a 0 (the only truthful thing in this ad).

Dave

#1029 8 years ago

$39.99. That's a pretty good deal for a pinball themed end table.

#1030 8 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Man, there's no shortage of ridiculousness on craigslist. Here's another:
    " target="_blank">annarbor.craigslist.org link
    And in case it's gone (doubtful) before you can see it, here's the ad:
    Very rare find in Detroit Michigan 1978 Brunswick ALIVE Pinball Machine:
    Alive Description
    This Game was made while Elvis was still alive...

... so rare it came out the year AFTER Elvis died.

#1031 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

... so rare it came out the year AFTER Elvis died.

Or maybe he knows that Elvis is still alive and well.

#1033 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

sfbay.craigslist.org link
    WTF APRON
    bahhahaha
    -mof
    BK.png

Haha. Close enough.

#1034 8 years ago

Hah nice apron, perhaps he's one of those people who just sell things and have minimal to no clue. For all we know he thinks it's the copyright date on it.

#1035 8 years ago

columbus.craigslist.org link

I'd trade for a pinball if I had that too. Good luck to him!

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 10.44.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-06 at 10.44.09 PM.png
    #1036 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

I'd trade for a pinball if I had that too. Good luck to him!

Oh chicago has that beat, this guy wants to trade carpet padding for a pinball:

Or perhaps a 1995 buick riveria with a bad transmission, a flat tire with 130k miles?

#1037 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

sfbay.craigslist.org link
    WTF APRON
    bahhahaha
    -mof
    BK.png (Click image to enlarge)

Nice catch! You think someone that went to the trouble of getting a new backglass, clearcoating the playfield, etc... would notice that was the wrong apron!

#1038 8 years ago

YOu know what's interesting? The amount of people who are looking to trade for "booms" or "bangs" or "firing pins" or something like that. I can say BANG all day if you'll give me that machine........

#1039 8 years ago

The problem with the concrete deer is it isn't cuddly enough. How about a stuffed giraffe?

00T0T_jE5lpvutETC_600x450.jpg00T0T_jE5lpvutETC_600x450.jpg
    2 vintage steiff giraffs, momma about 2+ft baby 18 in, steiffs, purchased in 1965, can send pics to your cell, like new condition, had them since new, asking $400, make reasonable cash offer or trade / barter....arcade games, pinball machine, dart board, trailer, car dolly, tires and wheels, rims, generator, let me know what you have

portland.craigslist.org link

Not into cuddly stuffed animals? Rrrrawr!

00J0J_7IwFr1YnqgN_600x450.jpg00J0J_7IwFr1YnqgN_600x450.jpg
    3/4 Mount Taxidermy Black Bear in great condition, I have the original receipt from the taxidermy showing the cost of $1170. It was stuffed in 2006 and has had a good home since then. Nice claws and face work. looking to sell or trade.

Looking to trade for: 6" Gold dredge, 4x4 van in good condition, Taxidermy pieces, Legal Ivory, Native Artifacts, Nice Golf Cart, Sea Kayak, Nice Wood Canoe, Scrimshaw, Pinball / Arcade Machine, Cash, Something Interested? Let me know what you have I am happy to take a look and will respond quickly.

Thanks Flynn

portland.craigslist.org link

#1040 8 years ago

Rolling Stones pinball, no not the new one, the one from 1980.

phoenix.craigslist.org link

Worn out paint, old machine, but hey, only $3500!

#1041 8 years ago

On the Dallas Tx CL now:
    "Vintage pinball machine that is missing top glass and needs a little tweaking to function"

It took me a while to notice it was missing a bit more than just the top glass.

Alan

00h0h_jAAzKDncy9n_600x450.jpg00h0h_jAAzKDncy9n_600x450.jpg
    #1042 8 years ago
    Quoted from P2K:

On the Dallas Tx CL now:
    "Vintage pinball machine that is missing top glass and needs a little tweaking to function"
    Alan

00h0h_jAAzKDncy9n_600x450.jpg

W O W
    -mof

#1043 8 years ago
    Quoted from P2K:

On the Dallas Tx CL now:
    Alan

It's for air flow. Those things get hot, you know

#1044 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's for air flow. Those things get hot, you know

Good point.
    -mof

#1045 8 years ago

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

The part about contacting the guy is the real kicker.

I have two Pinball Machines for sale, I have had them and taken care of them for the past 21 years. Both are in good working order and have recently had all bumpers replaced and internal boards have been restored professionally within 3 years. They just dont get used anymore and are taking up space and need to go reasonable offers accepted but dont bother low balling me I have had these for 20 years whats another month.

The cyclone machine is missing 1 sticker that is easily available or you can print yourself and apply to ferris wheel. It features Ronald and Nancy Reagan in the front seat of the roller coaster. This machine is in good working order and can be coin operated if you want We are asking $2000 or best realistic offer for this machine. I paid $1200 to have it completely gone through and new bumpers and a custom motherboard made for it 3 years ago.

Lethal Weapon 3 With danny Glover and Mel Gibson was also completely gone through all new bumpers and solenoids were replaced as needed and this machine is also in great working order We are asking $2000 or best realistic offer for this machine as well.

Any questions or to try them please call or email the contact information, please include email address and put Pinball machines for sale in the subject line or we wont respond and it will be instantly deleted. Scammers go away I know your game and will not respond, but will happily forward your information to the FBI internet fraud task force

Thanks for looking

#1046 8 years ago

I don't really blame him

#1047 8 years ago
    Quoted from P2K:

On the Dallas Tx CL now:
    Alan

Haha wow.... surprised it's still holding together.

#1048 8 years ago

austin.craigslist.org link

This has GOT to be a troll posting..

#1049 8 years ago

Here's a good one...

dayton.craigslist.org link

#1050 8 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's a good one...
    dayton.craigslist.org link

"nothing wrong plugged in can see it working"

OH GREAT TAKE MY MONEY NOW PLEASE WHAT A DEAL.

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.