Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,861 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by joeaf
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 178.
    #51 9 years ago

seattle.craigslist.org link

If you drive an hour from Seattle you can pick up these. They have been re-posted for like a year now.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I have always enjoyed this one:
    Whitewater pinball (RESTORED) $7650
    " target="_blank">chicago.craigslist.org link
    Thanks for all the wonderful pics of this restored game at a super high price!

Agreed...I've seen that ad many, many times. At least take the time to show us what we might be getting for the money. I think I saw a response to that ad one time where the poster said "who the hell is Keller?" I thought that was pretty funny.

Dave

#53 9 years ago

You guys think you have it rough with that $500 freedom of '76? That's a steal in my area. Here's what people think their pins are worth in the San Francisco Bay Area.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

This one is great: charlotte.craigslist.org link
    Some go for $6-24,000!

Looks like it just dropped from $1000 to $800. At this rate, it will probably take a few weeks to get to the "real" price.

And he removed the part about it being worth $6k.

Pirates of the Caribbean dead mans chest pinball machine! Yes it works and all lights light up and everything. I have a lil kid now and don't really have the room anymore. I told myself I would NEVER get rid of it but more important things are going in my life now and now it can be yours. I am only asking 800

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I have always enjoyed this one:

Whitewater pinball (RESTORED) $7650
    chicago.craigslist.org link

Thanks for all the wonderful pics of this restored game at a super high price!

I swore his price did go down to $6750 at one point, not sure why he's decided to go back up $1k, especially since the ad has literally been up there for 2-1/2 years:
    http://bestofcraigpinball.blogspot.com/2014/01/keller-h20-is-back-price-lowered.html

While Keller "appears" to do similiar restoration as HEP, he's still asking too much. Clearly this owner overpaid and is going to wait his entire life to get what he paid for it.

#58 9 years ago

holy crap movingpictures , that's funny lmfao !

#59 9 years ago

roanoke.craigslist.org link

(NOTE: This is heavy so I'll have to hire an extra hand to help deliver it.)

Storage units in the background for the win!

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

(NOTE: This is heavy so I'll have to hire an extra hand to help deliver it.)

That playfield and backglass look good (backglass is usually roached in that title). A little cabinet paint and some metal polishing and that wedgehead would clean up nicely. I don't know about $2500, but I'd give that a go for $200 if it were working, but the whole (pinball sitting at storage so I can't plug it in, it's sold as-is) says it all.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

" target="_blank">roanoke.craigslist.org link

What will it cost if you move it yourself?

Also, bwuh?

Cash only, if you ask for my personal paypal and or mailing address information I will report you to homeland security for internet fraud.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Cash only, if you ask for my personal paypal and or mailing address information I will report you to homeland security for internet fraud.

Someone should dick with him, say you're from nigeria and you need this pinball right away, I can send paypal funds immediately
    "Call/text Charlie (540) 519-0662"

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

He's obviously behind in his rent.

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Someone should dick with him,

Done !

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

That playfield and backglass look good

I couldn't agree more, and concur with 100% of your post, but I have a Big Guns that looks near mint. And it's much newer & totally heavier than Jack in the Box. $$$$$

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

just look at the pictures of this dungeon of terror

That is pretty creepy. The alien statue might be cool in other circumstances.

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

A little cabinet paint and some metal polishing and that wedgehead would clean up nicely.

Maybe. This is not a wedge head tho.

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from kirkgun:

This one has caused me to click a few times (I can never remember what it is from the title).
    Disappointed every time.

This one has faked me out more than once:
    cnj.craigslist.org link

Title is "Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball machine vintage - $450"

What an awesome deal! Let's check it out!

"EIGHT BALL DELUXE PINBALL BY BALLY BACKGLASS"

#70 9 years ago

longisland.craigslist.org link

This guys back with the same two overpriced "excellent" condition machines.

I offered him fair prices for both almost four months ago.

#71 9 years ago

This one's hilarious. $12,500 for a 20 year old machine machine that cost around $4000 new. With the headline
    "just been reduced to"

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This one's hilarious. $12,500 for a 20 year old machine machine that cost around $4000 new. With the headline
    "just been reduced to"

And I am sure that's not a photo of the actual machine, but rather one from the internet.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

And I am sure that's not a photo of the actual machine, but rather one from the internet.

Yep, it's a photo of one of treasure cove's restoration project photos, not actually a photo of the machine as-is by the seller.

#74 9 years ago
    #75 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And the rebuttal...
    inlandempire.craigslist.org link

I love when people point out ridiculous CL ads with another CL posting...would love to see the expression on the medieval seller when he saw the rebuttal post right above his...

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

May have to go check this one this weekend *snicker*-not that far from me; be good for a laugh (or two)....

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

Must see it to appreciate.....the tar coated cab and how many people have smoked around this thing.

#78 9 years ago

This ad will NEVER die. I'm tempted to give him "10 dollors" and then proceed to stomp on it into a thousand plastic pieces so I never see it on CL again.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

This ad will NEVER die. I'm tempted to give him "10 dollors" and then proceed to stomp on it into a thousand plastic pieces so I never see it on CL again.

Hahaha...

2 tips:

1. When you do a craigslist search, add as many "NOT"s as you can... (minus sign = not)
    2. Use "asterisk" as a way to say (anything ending up to here, remove)

search:

pinball -193* -194* -195* -196* -"plug in" -etc -etc -etc

Gets rid off all the "grandpa-mode" EM machines from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s that I don't care about

-mof

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I love when people point out ridiculous CL ads with another CL posting...would love to see the expression on the medieval seller when he saw the rebuttal post right above his...

I don't.

I hate that crap. It just serves to clutter CL even further with more crap. Do these people really think they are doing some kind of community service or something? Those posts are just as bad, if not worse, than the ad that they are responding to.

Caveat Emptor.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I don't.
    I hate that crap. It just serves to clutter CL even further with more crap. Do these people really think they are doing some kind of community service or something? Those posts are just as bad, if not worse, than the ad that they are responding to.
    Caveat Emptor.

Disagree. All depends on the post.

I've seen 2-3 really useful ones in the last year that gave useful hints to other prospectors:

"The machines were kept outside in a shed with rats and a leaky roof, do not waste your time looking at these"

As for the ones where people complain about some aspect of the seller's character or their price? I agree those are not always helpful.

-mof

#82 9 years ago

losangeles.craigslist.org link

$3,000

up for sale the amazing spiderman pinball machine only 7,625 made 1980 . it needs a little repair work .the score board lights work but the play board dont they flicked of and on last time i plug it in .also needs new flippers/ rubber band contacts , rings, fuses ,ect i have the key too open it also great little project to restore its in pretty great shape for its year 7.5 /10 theres one on ebay for $3,599.00

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Disagree. All depends on the post.
    I've seen 2-3 really useful ones in the last year that gave useful hints to other prospectors:
    "The machines were kept outside in a shed with rats and a leaky roof, do not waste your time looking at these"
    As for the ones where people complain about some aspect of the seller's character or their price? I agree those are not always helpful.
    -mof

Oh, I agree completely with the example that you gave! Hell yes, if someone else already went to see it and described something like that, that's helpful.

But that's not the example that was posted here.

#84 9 years ago

a few rebuttal posts don't clutter up CL, most make me laugh...
    what clutters up CL is companies like Urban Americana who post dozens of crappy items up for sale every day and put 100s of keywords at the bottom(including "pinball") so the come up with generals search queries

Ripley's Believe It Or Not Pinball - $3699 (Los Angeles) pic map video gaming - by owner

Sep 17 - Three tier wood and glass doors bookcase - Wood frame with glass doors - $1495 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Primitive Pie Safe - wood - $495 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Vintage Lucite Swag Lamp - hanging - $245 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Mid-century modern set of six chairs - metal and wood - $495 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - AKAI 910 Stereo Receiver - 1973 Stereo Wars - $279 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Thomsen's Candies Buggy/Carriage/Cart doors - wood - 1905 - $495 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Mid-century, brown leather chair - $1200 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - 19th Century French Painting - Portrait - $2000 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Industrial/medical/lab metal table - stainless steel - $199 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Industrial wood, workbench - $465 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Industrial, metal stools - pair - $230 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Gray sofa/couch/chaise lounge - Gladmir/Kagan style - $750 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Stickley Oak Bench - circa 1910 - $1895 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Gustav Stickley - oak chair - original - $1200 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Industrial wood and metal frame bench - $165 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Score Keepers metal scoreboard - folding - $345 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Wood City of Los Angeles sign - $345 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Industrial steel bookcase - $1290 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Mid-Century, chest of drawers - $595 (Urban Americana - Long Beach ) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Early 1900s Eastlake Hutch & Secretary Desk - $1100 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Pair of Don Loper Midcentury Table Lamps - $175 (long beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Western, wagonwheel chair, 1950s - $399 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - JBL floor standing, theatre/stereo speakers, pair - $1650 (Urban Americana - Long Beach) pic map antiques - by dealer

Sep 17 - Vintage Medical Cabinet - $725 (Urban Americana - Long Beach
    Sep 17 - Brand New Avengers Pinball Machine - $3295 (Fullerton) pic map video gaming - by dealer

#85 9 years ago

Report them. It's basically spam at that point. They're using CL as their storefront, and it's kind of an abuse of the system.

Yeah, ads that list keywords that have nothing to do with the item being sold annoy me too.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Report them. It's basically spam at that point. They're using CL as their storefront, and it's kind of an abuse of the system.
    Yeah, ads that list keywords that have nothing to do with the item being sold annoy me too.

here is there list of keywords...rat bastards

Vintage, urban, industrial, chic, shabby chic, antique, recycled, re-purposed, used, furniture, housewares, interior design, decor, interior design, reclaimed, crate, textiles, rugs, nursery, drought tolerant succulents, lighting, hutches, tables, chairs, cabinets, boxes, lights, signs, books, bottles, cameras, records, turntables, stereos, lamp shades, plants, paintings, posters, pillows, racks, book cases, letters, leather goods, sporting goods, fans, ladders, wood, Stickley, garden, trees, benches, stools, bookcases, boots, clothes, dresses, wedding, metal, boat, Mid-century, modern, Danish, barnwood, porcelain signs, advertising, photos, frames, shrubs, Long Beach, design, wicker, sunglasses, kitchen, pottery, pinball, games, gaming, carnival, rock, jazz, blues, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, Bauer, McCoy, Hager, glassware, glass, decorations, gifts, Monterey, California, phones, radios, prints, bowls, cans, containers, props, sets, landscapes, movie, movie lighting, classic, consignment, vendors, wall hangings, office, home, yard, garden, couches, end tables, hutches

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

This one is great: " target="_blank">charlotte.craigslist.org link
    Some go for $6-24,000!

That is the most egregious ad I've seen in a long time.

#88 9 years ago

Jurassic Park Pinball *****GREAT DEAL***** - $3750 (Belmont)

nh.craigslist.org link

Re: Jurassic Park Pinball *****Great Deal***** - $3750 (loserville)
    You call this a "great deal"? You should be ashamed of yourself.

nh.craigslist.org link

#89 9 years ago

Jurassic Park Pinball *****GREAT DEAL***** - $3750 (Belmont)
    nh.craigslist.org link
    Re: Jurassic Park Pinball *****Great Deal***** - $3750 (loserville)
    nh.craigslist.org link

I want those JP apron cards though. Where did they come from?

#90 9 years ago
    #91 9 years ago

Laser Ball for $4k LOL
    burlington.craigslist.org link

Now if this doesn't make our Laser Ball seem like a steal I don't know what will lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-elvis-touchdown-laser-ball-flip-a-card-lucky-ace#post-1899907

#92 9 years ago

Here's a beauty - 1974 Dolphin. "Lost interest and need the space". What he forgot to mention is that he also lost all the paint on the backglass along with his interest!

rockford.craigslist.org link

#93 9 years ago

Jurassic Park Pinball *****GREAT DEAL***** - $3750 (Belmont)nh.craigslist.org link Re: Jurassic Park Pinball *****Great Deal***** - $3750 (loserville)

That does look like a nice JP though. It is now $3250 so maybe the CL shaming the sell worked a bit.

#94 9 years ago

This has been up for over a year. I've emailed him several times in the past that I'll mail him $10 if he throws it away and permanently deletes the post. So far he hasn't got the hint.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

That does look like a nice JP though. It is now $3250 so maybe the CL shaming the sell worked a bit.

apparently not enough because he's still double of what he should be.

#96 9 years ago

Just saw this listing. Person's asking $25 for a box... annarbor.craigslist.org link

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Just saw this listing. Person's asking $25 for a box... annarbor.craigslist.org link

A bargain, considering someone else was asking $200 for an empty box a while back.

#98 9 years ago

nice box!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #100 9 years ago
    Quoted from u2sean:

Here's a beauty - 1974 Dolphin. "Lost interest and need the space". What he forgot to mention is that he also lost all the paint on the backglass along with his interest!
    rockford.craigslist.org link

But, it comes with a "tune up kit"....

There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.