Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,859 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Atari1977
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 178.
    #8351 1 year ago

I had a Kiss and I really didn't like it at all sold it with in a week after getting it lol not a fun pin

#8352 1 year ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

I had a Kiss and I really didn't like it at all sold it with in a week after getting it lol not a fun pin

I said the same thing about Evel Knievel before I sold it. It had the best artwork for that era, imo. But, I just didn't like the play of it. KISS I like better, mostly because of nostalgia. I played the **** out of one in high school, back in the early 80's. I like the artwork, as well. But it's not $5k+ imo. Guess that'll be my kids' inheritance.

#8353 1 year ago
    Quoted from illudiumQ36:

I said the same thing about Evel Knievel before I sold it. It had the best artwork for that era, imo. But, I just didn't like the play of it. KISS I like better, mostly because of nostalgia. I played the **** out of one in high school, back in the early 80's. I like the artwork, as well. But it's not $5k+ imo. Guess that'll be my kids' inheritance.

Yes not at 5k there's no way even when I payed 2k that was too much at the time for what it is and yes it will be your kids inheritance for sure

#8354 1 year ago

Star Wars????

5075E19E-7BAE-44A1-B868-3C11657E7807 (resized).jpeg5075E19E-7BAE-44A1-B868-3C11657E7807 (resized).jpeg
    #8355 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

Dibs.
    albuquerque.craigslist.org link

I wish folks would save screen shots and share. The links always are gone and then the post is useless…….

#8356 1 year ago

ebay.com link: itm

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 9.57.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-09 at 9.57.37 PM (resized).png
    #8357 1 year ago

HEAVY METAL
    but... but... but wait it is 79/300 special editions from 2020 !!!
    And the playfield layout is the same as Stern's Star Wars home edition, make it SO Special

#8358 1 year ago

Bit of a more positive laugh - that's an incredible autograph!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

https://www.facebook.com/groups/958426214184968/permalink/5855014247859449/?sale_post_id=5855014247859449

3 weeks later
    #8359 1 year ago

18% Buyer's Premium, ouch! Probably have to add sales tax, too.

Screenshot (151) (resized).pngScreenshot (151) (resized).pngScreenshot (153) (resized).pngScreenshot (153) (resized).pngScreenshot (155) (resized).pngScreenshot (155) (resized).png
    #8360 1 year ago
    Quoted from illudiumQ36:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was there anything special about it?

#8361 1 year ago
    Quoted from illudiumQ36:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It does say the buyers premium is included in that price. Not a total kick in the balls. Just a glancing blow.

#8362 1 year ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

It does say the buyers premium is included in that price. Not a total kick in the balls. Just a glancing blow.

It appears to me, to be in average, unrestored condition. Seems kinda high, even when you subtract the commission. Par for the course these days, I guess.

#8363 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Was there anything special about it?

Not that I can tell.

The auction company was pretty far off in its estimate of the value - $5-10k "conservatively" (their quote).

#8364 1 year ago
    Quoted from illudiumQ36:

It appears to me, to be in average, unrestored condition. Seems kinda high, even when you subtract the commission. Par for the course these days, I guess.

Definitely on the high end. Some poor fellow probably seen this, got excited because he always wanted a Kiss, checked prices on Ebay, and figured they are going for 8k and he got it at half price.

1 week later
    #8365 1 year ago

I'm not sure if this is funny anymore or just sad. This guy has had these ads up for years. Y.E.A.R.S. They have keywords about pinball at the bottom (which used to ask for a partial trade for a pinball. Seriously!)

There are always multiple that all have different prices, and if you were to click on the link...the price is even higher from the title.

I'm just not sure what the point is...

Screenshot_20220811-065821-861 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220811-065821-861 (resized).png
    #8366 1 year ago
    BDFE3E79-B319-40A4-A0C4-F65C69CFC091 (resized).pngBDFE3E79-B319-40A4-A0C4-F65C69CFC091 (resized).png
    #8367 1 year ago

Lol, I wonder if they understand the irony of "It's like a time warp machine"? Really? like it has banana flippers? oh you just mean it is like in amazing condition.

I mean.. clearly the home model is essentially HUO, so this missed out on that keyword.

#8368 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

Lol, I wonder if they understand the irony of "It's like a time warp machine"? Really? like it has banana flippers? oh you just mean it is like in amazing condition.
    I mean.. clearly the home model is essentially HUO, so this missed out on that keyword.

Amazing condition because it's only been played a few dozen times.

#8369 1 year ago

Oooohhhh the bulbs are “vintage“. That must be worth 2k

#8370 1 year ago

I think what makes it "very sought after" is the topper. Game play sucks.

1 week later
    #8371 1 year ago
    Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Not CL, but check out this Haunted House steal on eBay for only $12,500 ... best part is one of the pop bumper caps came from Black Hole!
    [quoted image]

I kindly asked him if I could see more photos and it devolved quickly.

"Wondering if you can show or send me photos of the boards inside the head and under the playfield. Thank you!"

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 5.06.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-22 at 5.06.10 PM (resized).png

This one is a good argument why eBay should not allow free listings.

#8372 1 year ago

@sparky672, what he meant was, I don't want to sell to someone who knows what they're talking about and knows that this game isn't worth anywhere near what I'm asking...Ebay allows these "free" ads because they're hoping someone overpays for this game because they get 10% of the take

Dave

#8373 1 year ago
    Quoted from sparky672:I kindly asked him if I could see more photos and it devolved quickly.

Was this a dick move, my inquiry to this seller:

"Can show or send me photos of the circuit boards inside the head and under the playfield. Thank you!"

I'll let you know if I get a response.

#8374 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Was this a dick move, my inquiry to this seller:
    "Can show or send me photos of the circuit boards inside the head and under the playfield. Thank you!"
    I'll let you know if I get a response.

I think I'll join in the fun.

#8375 1 year ago

oops...wrong post.

#8376 1 year ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

I kindly asked him if I could see more photos and it devolved quickly.
    "Wondering if you can show or send me photos of the boards inside the head and under the playfield. Thank you!"

That guy's a total dick. Calling prospective buyer "ignorant" in his first sentence of the description.
    Did you notice the hack he describes? "Wired directly mpu to driver board to eliminate any connections issues between two boards." Talk about ignorant. The guy who has to remove a board for service will like that "improvement."

#8377 1 year ago

Sounds neat.

#8378 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I think I'll join in the fun.

You guys are awesome!

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Was this a dick move....

How about this for a dick move...

Since the listing photos are garbage, the repro back-glass may or may not violate copyright, and the seller gets hostile when asked for more details, maybe the whole machine is a reproduction. How can one be certain?

//ocswf.ebay.com/rti/compose?items=144067121563&ocsflow=true

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 11.55.58 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-23 at 11.55.58 AM (resized).png

Quoted from JethroP:

That guy's a total dick. Calling prospective buyer "ignorant" in his first sentence of the description.
    Did you notice the hack he describes? "Wired directly mpu to driver board to eliminate any connections issues between two boards."

Yep! That was the reason for my initial message. I wanted to see how bad it was in there. Not to mention the cosmetics and the dead bonus display. This machine is going to be a restoration project for whomever gets it, hopefully for not more than it's really worth. I'd offer $1,000 sight unseen... even then it's a big gamble... the box could be gutted, or from a flood/fire.

Notice the fine workmanship on the cabinet front in the name of arcade security...

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 12.19.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-23 at 12.19.02 PM (resized).png

#8379 1 year ago

Lol, i think you guys got him riled up!

EBay Pin (resized).jpgEBay Pin (resized).jpg
    #8380 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goyomex:

Lol, i think you guys got him riled up!

If you're referring to the first line of his description about "ignorant best offers"; that was there since last revision January 3, 2022.

The listing has been up for nearly a year (first revision was 11/2021) so I don't understand his thinking... leave it there, deal with people emailing questions, and never sell it?

It's not like this is a recently restored machine that may get something between $3,000 to $5,000. It's currently in an arcade, has numerous issues including mismatched plastics, hacks to the boards, holes drilled through the front cabinet, dead bonus display, rust, and who knows what else... this project machine can be restored by you for the low low entry price of $12,500.

#8381 1 year ago

I sent him the following message just for fun. =)

Can you take some pictures of the inside of the game? Inside the head and cabinet?

Do you have another Black Hole pop bumper cap so I can replace the correct one on the upper playfield?

Can you provide a 1 year warranty?

#8382 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

I sent him the following message just for fun. =)
    Do you have another Black Hole pop bumper cap so I can replace the correct one on the upper playfield?
    Can you provide a 1 year warranty?

You'll send that prick over the edge with the last two questions.

#8383 1 year ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

If you're referring to the first line of his description about "ignorant best offers"; that was there since last revision January 3, 2022.
    The listing has been up for nearly a year (first revision was 11/2021) so I don't understand his thinking... leave it there, deal with people emailing questions, and never sell it?
    It's not like this is a recently restored machine that may get something between $3,000 to $5,000. It's currently in an arcade, has numerous issues including mismatched plastics, hacks to the boards, holes drilled through the front cabinet, dead bonus display, rust, and who knows what else... this project machine can be restored by you for the low low entry price of $12,500.

My bad! I thought the "amazingly ignorant" reference was recently added. Just another guy looking to scam the uneducated. Sadly, far too much of this going on - hard to be surprised by much of anything like this these days.

#8384 1 year ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

I dont know what I have and dont know what its worth.or worse he does know.

#8385 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goyomex:

... Just another guy looking to scam the uneducated. Sadly, far too much of this going on - hard to be surprised by much of anything like this these days.

Anyone that gives that jag 12 grand, regardless of condition of the machine, deserves to be scammed.

#8386 1 year ago

Someone should email and ask if he has a Black Hole pin with one Haunted House pop bumper cap for sale too.

#8387 1 year ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Someone should email and ask if he has a Black Hole pin with one Haunted House pop bumper cap for sale too.

Done:

Screenshot_20220823-220910-010 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220823-220910-010 (resized).png
    #8388 1 year ago

WOW !!!!
    I just checked out the seller of Haunted House....the feedback he has left for others. WOW.
    He has left 91 feedback, almost everyone was negative!

Go to this link then click "left for others"
    ebay.com link: feedback_profile

Here's a snippet:

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.18.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.18.38 PM (resized).png

#8389 1 year ago

I actually found a really nice Metallica on Craigslist not too long ago. The ad was so weird that I thought it was a scam - not sure why I wrote but glad I did. Craigslist is really batshit crazy these days though…

#8390 1 year ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

Anyone that gives that jag 12 grand, regardless of condition of the machine, deserves to be scammed.

at least its FREE LOCAL PICK UP

#8391 1 year ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

WOW !!!!
    I just checked out the seller of Haunted House....the feedback he has left for others. WOW.

Amazingly, as a seller he has received no negative feedback in last 12 months. On the other hand, you actually have to sell things first.

#8392 1 year ago

Anyone get a response from Mr. Twelve-grand?

#8393 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20220828-230410_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220828-230410_Brave (resized).jpg
    #8394 1 year ago

Must have mistakenly thought it was a Rollergames at that price.

#8395 1 year ago

KISS: $3799 needs backglass has boards working condition unknown.

grandrapids.craigslist.org link

#8396 1 year ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

KISS: $3799 needs backglass has boards working condition unknown.
    grandrapids.craigslist.org link

Been on CL for 2 months. Missing a speaker and some brown connectors look disconnected going to transformer for a reason. That spells unkown.

#8397 1 year ago

Thank Goodness!

0B2908C8-2608-49E5-8235-D7F57A840093 (resized).jpeg0B2908C8-2608-49E5-8235-D7F57A840093 (resized).jpeg
    #8398 1 year ago

GOOD LUCK!

portland.craigslist.org link

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 6.32.01 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-03 at 6.32.01 AM (resized).png
    #8399 1 year ago

Over Paid and Buyers remorse, obviously.

#8400 1 year ago

omg, you guys should see the arrogance in this post...

denver.craigslist.org link

There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.