Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,861 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by joeaf
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 178.
    #8201 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goyomex:

Sad when Pinside ads (and pricing) for toppers start to look like Ebay. Unreal what some of these flippers are asking for toppers!

I agree that some unscrupulous flippers are taking advantage of their ability to source Toppers and NIB games. It brings me back to my younger days as a poor high school student and then even poorer college student. I wanted to go to the big name concerts of the 70's. (Zepplin, Stones, Who, Dead). I would stand in line at the venue on ticket release day. They would sell out almost immediately, before the majority of the people in line could get a ticket. Then the re-sellers (scalpers) would be selling the tickets for more money than I made in several weeks at a restaurant.

#8202 2 years ago

Fireball pinball topper $10,000, NO lowball offers. I know what I have. Very Rare. Do not go to Dollar Tree looking for this topper, they are completely sold out. I have the last one left in the entire Country.

IMG_0800 (resized).JPGIMG_0800 (resized).JPG
    #8203 2 years ago

Ok.. so... let's go back and revisit the ridiculous prices everyone posted on here. Im sure there's more than a few you wish you snagged 6 months to a year ago. These people listing were time travelers, should have jumped on those deals. Laugh all you want.. but YOU know..

#8205 2 years ago

It's very pretty?

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 10.28.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-16 at 10.28.54 AM (resized).png
    #8206 2 years ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

It's very pretty?
    [quoted image]

HEP is doing a Funhouse right now. Not sure if it will land at $15K, but a HEP restore would be the only way such a pin was worth that price.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/216#post-6830315

#8207 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

HEP is doing a Funhouse right now.

Yeah, HEP's work is incredible. I would be very curious to know how much that FH would go for when he's done with it. With good playing condition FH games going for $5,000-ish, $15,000 still seems like $5K too high IMO, but... *waves vaguely at the entire marketplace*

#8208 2 years ago

I guess I'll lists my Funhouse project once I have it complete for $20K and see if anyone is dumb enough to purchase it. If so, next round of beers is on me.*

*byob

#8209 2 years ago

Two games this week at $999,999
    First a Mandalorian on eBay and then a Gun's and roses on gumtree.
    Is $100k the new norm?

#8210 2 years ago

It's very pretty?
    [quoted image]

Thats my game. I am into it for about 11k between the original purchase and all the parts to restore it.
    It's my 4th full restoration, so I was pretty well practiced before this one and it's my best work yet.
    Am I HEP? No. But I still think it's beautiful and lots of attention to detail. It's my baby and not sure I want to sell it, but I need space and it's one I don't play a ton. I have no idea what it's worth so I started at 15k. Do I think it will sell for 15k? It would be nice to get something for my work, but no I probably won't get 15k. Hard to price pins in this market. Would be nice to at least break even and maybe get a little extra for all the hours I poured into it.

#8211 2 years ago

Found this gem on Craigslist this morning! Better hurry up and jump on that "Jersey Jack" Lord of the Rings

portland.craigslist.org link

Drop him a line and he will be willing to discuss the price LOL

#8212 2 years ago

It's very pretty?
    [quoted image]

$15,000

I saw this on Mr.pinball classifieds:

Funhouse, 1990 Williams: $6000
    Game is in great shape, cabinet is solid, playfield is nice, with LEDs installed on playfield, and back box. Back box is excellent, and no dots missing on display. New rubbers recently installed. Only a few areas where mylar coming up, but barely noticeable and doesn't affect game play. No problems, game plays as it should.
    Daniel
    Grand Forks, North Dakota

#8213 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Thats my game. I am into it for about 11k between the original purchase and all the parts to restore it.
    It's my 4th full restoration, so I was pretty well practiced before this one and it's my best work yet.
    Am I HEP? No. But I still think it's beautiful and lots of attention to detail. It's my baby and not sure I want to sell it, but I need space and it's one I don't play a ton. I have no idea what it's worth so I started at 15k. Do I think it will sell for 15k? It would be nice to get something for my work, but no I probably won't get 15k. Hard to price pins in this market. Would be nice to at least break even and maybe get a little extra for all the hours I poured into it.

Hey, MaxIsDead my apologies, sincerely. I saw your ad here on pinside a while after Mr Tantrum responded that an HEP might go for that much, and I immediately felt embarrassed and thought, "aw shit, I hope they don't see what I posted." Your work really is beautiful, and I've heard it's very hard to break even on restorations, so I'm sure the $15K would be more than deserved. I hope you'll find the right buyer who will truly appreciate what you've done. Let's blame my snap judgement of your asking price on me not knowing what I'm talking about. That's backed up by the fact the first response to me made it clear that the price wouldn't be out of line for a very high end restoration.

Usually the craigslist laugh is at the thing posted on craigslist, but in this case the laugh is at the person attempting to post a craigslist laugh

#8214 2 years ago

This thread is a lot funnier when it is about crazy ads and not so much about prices.

#8215 2 years ago

Hey, MaxAMillion my apologies, sincerely. I saw your ad here on pinside a while after Mr Tantrum responded that an HEP might go for that much, and I immediately felt embarrassed and thought, "aw shit, I hope they don't see what I posted." Your work really is beautiful, and I've heard it's very hard to break even on restorations, so I'm sure the $15K would be more than deserved. I hope you'll find the right buyer who will truly appreciate what you've done. Let's blame my snap judgement of your asking price on me not knowing what I'm talking about. That's backed up by the fact the first response to me made it clear that the price wouldn't be out of line for a very high end restoration.
    Usually the craigslist laugh is at the thing posted on craigslist, but in this case the laugh is at the person attempting to post a craigslist laugh

No worries, it's all good. I felt a little famous for making it into this thread, ha ha

1 week later
    #8216 2 years ago

7k for a nascar. Pinsanity…

tampa.craigslist.org link

#8217 2 years ago

Check out the prices for Caes machines. Too many for me to post all the pictures.
    augusta.craigslist.org link

#8218 2 years ago

$7,500 Slugfest on eBay.

ebay.com link: williams slugfest pinball best pitch and bat of all time

Seller apparently knows there are about 25 non-faded Slugfest cabinets out there.

B237DF0C-D420-4952-985E-E02346F905B5 (resized).jpegB237DF0C-D420-4952-985E-E02346F905B5 (resized).jpeg
    #8219 2 years ago

Bar nun. That's an oxymoron.

#8220 2 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. so... let's go back and revisit the ridiculous prices everyone posted on here. Im sure there's more than a few you wish you snagged 6 months to a year ago. These people listing were time travelers, should have jumped on those deals. Laugh all you want.. but YOU know..

It really is crazy how fast prices have gone up. A year ago $6000 for a 1964 Sky Divers would have included shipping.

southjersey.craigslist.org link

#8221 2 years ago
    Quoted from craif:

It really is crazy how fast prices have gone up. A year ago $6000 for a 1964 Sky Divers would have included shipping.
    southjersey.craigslist.org link

Paint job isn't even right.

I waited a year to do webbing properly before restoring two titles.

#8222 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Paint job isn't even right.
    I waited a year to do webbing properly before restoring two titles.

It's a custom mod. You're basically looking at an LE.

#8223 2 years ago
    Quoted from craif:

It's a custom mod. You're basically looking at an LE.

No shaker or topper? No sale.

#8224 2 years ago

Thought this one was interesting. There is no answer but voicemail says his name is “Joe Cheester” but (sp?)…

01E10972-6152-419D-A63C-1F59E1F3331F (resized).png01E10972-6152-419D-A63C-1F59E1F3331F (resized).png43744BEB-9021-43FD-B3BA-7250D4B6BC0E (resized).png43744BEB-9021-43FD-B3BA-7250D4B6BC0E (resized).png

#8225 2 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

Thought this one was interesting. There is no answer but voicemail says his name is “Joe Cheester” but (sp?)…
    [quoted image][quoted image]

It's nice but $7,900 seems pretty steep when you can get this rare MM/TZ shapeshifter for just $3600.

"great looking game bought recently fully shopped and all led looking for something different" Seller must not realize what they have. Better move quick before someone else snags it.

its a scam (resized).PNGits a scam (resized).PNGits a scam 2 (resized).PNGits a scam 2 (resized).PNGits a scam 3 (resized).PNGits a scam 3 (resized).PNGits a scam 4 (resized).PNGits a scam 4 (resized).PNG
    #8226 2 years ago

Should be a thread on here "More pinside laughs" these days.

#8227 2 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

whats his game ,is he getting phone call money somehow ?Looking for volume.

#8228 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

whats his game ,is he getting phone call money somehow ?Looking for volume.

He pissed someone off and they placed those ads to blow his phone up.

#8229 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

He pissed someone off and they placed those ads to blow his phone up.

Yeah, I was thinking that was the case. He must have pissed off a pinhead.

#8230 2 years ago

That same ad from San Diego is here on Chicagolands Craigslist as well.
    chicago.craigslist.org link

#8231 2 years ago

Do facebook ads count? This one is at least cheap. Never heard of it before. Gender: Unisex!
    Opera Snapshot_2022-04-01_235703_www.facebook.com (resized).pngOpera Snapshot_2022-04-01_235703_www.facebook.com (resized).png

#8232 2 years ago

Complete with 750 cc shaker motor...

#8233 2 years ago

2K for a non functioning Road Kings with no playfield pictures.

I would think $2,000 was the going rate for a working Road Kings.

#8234 2 years ago

This is an offerup laugh, but there is nothing quite like posting your naked reflection in the for sale pictures

b4f60add020d44a5826b9a699f72c279 (resized).jpgb4f60add020d44a5826b9a699f72c279 (resized).jpg

#8235 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

This is an offerup laugh, but there is nothing quite like posting your naked reflection in the for sale pictures
    [quoted image]

Doh

#8236 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

[quoted image]

If he were much taller you'd see his Penguin.

#8237 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

[quoted image]

Craigslist no longer has dating/personal ads...

#8238 2 years ago

Hey baby, you up for a little naked pinball?

#8239 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

Hey baby, you up for a little naked pinball?

Only if it's whirlwind in a cold garage

#8240 2 years ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link
    So how little play does there need to be to be considered "God condition"?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #8241 2 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

[quoted image]

Does it come with the pingulp?

#8242 2 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

[quoted image]

Add your own PC? Just a cab? Looks like a Zizzle cab. Haha

#8243 2 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

Black Knight Stern Pinball Pinball Machine Topper Brand New in Box US $3,499.99

#8244 2 years ago

$2500 Bally Night Rider SS. "Few nuisances on board and right flapper motor needs replaced"

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

#8245 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

$2500 Bally Night Rider SS. "Few nuisances on board and right flapper motor needs replaced"
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

The only machine I have ever walked away from (even with putting up the highest score) because it was so boring. I couldn't tolerate four more balls like the first one.

#8246 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

The only machine I have ever walked away from (even with putting up the highest score) because it was so boring. I couldn't tolerate four more balls like the first one.

Some games only really shine when played with 2 or more players, Night Rider is one. We have an EM in our collection and love it. Light the spinners and let it rip while the score reels try and keep up.

#8247 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Some games only really shine when played with 2 or more players, Night Rider is one. We have an EM in our collection and love it. Light the spinners and let it rip while the score reels try and keep up.

It could have benefitted from a much steeper rake. I tend to hate "floaty" tables and it floated for days. Even some of the new machines can be awfully slow to me, at least in stock form.

#8248 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

It could have benefitted from a much steeper rake. I tend to hate "floaty" tables and it floated for days. Even some of the new machines can be awfully slow to me, at least in stock form.

Ah, ours is not floaty. Floaty is the kiss of death and easily fixable.

Rare to get over 100k on ours and set to 5 ball, game is fast and mean.

#8249 2 years ago

We live in a quiet town and this Craigslist hometown post has generated quite the pulsating reverberation. My goofy friend who’s always up for a laugh, plans on answering the advertisement today just to see who’s selling it.

boston.craigslist.org link

#8250 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

2K for a non functioning Road Kings with no playfield pictures.
    I would think $2,000 was the going rate for a working Road Kings.

He goes back awhile went by the name of "funky chunky monkey" Kevin. His ebay stuff, This was relisted "Schill bids">>>>

ebay.com link: itm

There are 8,861 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/165?hl=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.