Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 178.
    #7851 3 years ago

Might as well ask for the full $6 million.

Screenshot_20210410-162249_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210410-162249_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #7852 3 years ago

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

Maybe you can get a better price if you buy all three?

pin (resized).JPGpin (resized).JPG
    #7853 3 years ago

HO-LY PHUCK
    newjersey.craigslist.org link

1DB131CB-AA1D-40BF-8792-A17CC84C2A84.png1DB131CB-AA1D-40BF-8792-A17CC84C2A84.png5A159C7F-8B56-44CF-9F0A-70C1BEA5B59C.jpeg5A159C7F-8B56-44CF-9F0A-70C1BEA5B59C.jpegB1F7C661-03F1-4691-B3C9-7DF4479B8FB3.jpegB1F7C661-03F1-4691-B3C9-7DF4479B8FB3.jpegE99C914C-1CC3-48D1-AF81-E3BCEDF44D9A.jpegE99C914C-1CC3-48D1-AF81-E3BCEDF44D9A.jpeg
    #7854 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

HO-LY PHUCK
    newjersey.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang....That's a cybernaut....pretty rare Bally

#7855 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

HO-LY PHUCK
    newjersey.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If it doesn't "except" quarters, what does it accept?

#7856 3 years ago

While there's no doubt this is a unique game, I always love the extra hype in the writing to try and justify your price. I also love when you quote (inaccurately I might add) what "regular" versions of the game are selling for.

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

I don't think it'll be gone too quickly, but here's the write-up, in case it's gone:

Corvette Pin Ball Machine by Bally. In perfect operating condition. I purchased this directly from George Gomez the designer of this machine when it was new. It is one of the pre production models that included the 4-spd shifter to operate the drag mode. The production machines do not have this feature. I was told by George that only 20-25 of these exist. George also signed the glass display panel. If you are a serious collector this is a rare chance to own a very unique machine. Regular used production machines are selling for $8000.

On a related note, I tried to sell a corvette game that I had a few years ago and I was asking for $10,000 - of course, my price actually included a fully working, nice condition 1979 Corvette

#7857 3 years ago

“Perfect operating condition” - it works. Could say that for any player machine.

#7858 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

“Perfect operating condition” - it works. Could say that for any player machine.

I'm always skeptical of this statement. Couldn't tell you how many machines I've bought that have "worked perfectly" and I end up finding half a dozen things not working within the first game. A lot of non-pinball folks may not know all the features.

#7859 3 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

I'm always skeptical of this statement. Couldn't tell you how many machines I've bought that have "worked perfectly" and I end up finding half a dozen things not working within the first game. A lot of non-pinball folks may not know all the features.

I have bought and sold 30+ machines over the years and I recall 1 electro mechanical actually fully working.

My most recent add was a PartyZone which was powered on of course when We got there. It has the credit dot showing and I open the door and pull up diagnostics and the guy just shook his head. Of course I offered even less for it and the guy agreed.

#7860 3 years ago

“Perfect operating condition” usually means the flippers work, it shoots out a ball, it scores and makes sounds.

#7861 3 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

“Perfect operating condition” usually means the flippers work, it shoots out a ball, it scores and makes sounds.

That's pretty hopeful...more like "switch turns on, something lights up, and ball is (mostly) still round."

#7862 2 years ago
    FA1AFD41-0C93-4CA9-9029-7B4D11C24F0E (resized).pngFA1AFD41-0C93-4CA9-9029-7B4D11C24F0E (resized).png
    #7863 2 years ago

i will buy every $25 pinball machine you can sell me, sight unseen.

#7864 2 years ago

They want how much?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #7865 2 years ago

If $3k seemed like a lot, how about $13k?

#7866 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If $3k seemed like a lot, how about $13k?[quoted image]

Well, that's the RARE version by Balley.

#7867 2 years ago

I think this is the right thread for this?
    Honestly, I’m not even sure what I think.
    This just popped up on OfferUp.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1115394521?_branch_match_id=917884311780253896

03225D53-07AA-4A83-99AB-9CB0A0F0FB86 (resized).png03225D53-07AA-4A83-99AB-9CB0A0F0FB86 (resized).png
    #7868 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If $3k seemed like a lot, how about $13k?

I've been watching that one, it started at $15k and there were so many spelling errors I was guessing it was either a scam or troll. Down to $11k now.

#7869 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I think this is the right thread for this?
    Honestly, I’m not even sure what I think.
    This just popped up on OfferUp.
    https://offerup.com/item/detail/1115394521?_branch_match_id=917884311780253896[quoted image]

"**Underneath LED lights and grass skirting not included**"

Well, forget it, then!

#7870 2 years ago

Not sure if this gem was posted yet...

Screenshot_20210504-111238_OfferUp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210504-111238_OfferUp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210504-111243_OfferUp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210504-111243_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    #7872 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not sure if this gem was posted yet...[quoted image][quoted image]

And that isn't the right price.

They will be enjoying that pin for a long time.

#7873 2 years ago

I dont get it. Why price it at such a high price thats not even close to market value. Do they really think there is a retired firefighter out there thats a sucker and just has to have this game at $7500? I mean why waste your own time if you have no intention of selling it.

#7874 2 years ago

When I started reading the comment, I thought it sounded reasonable. Then I scrolled down and saw the price. lol

#7875 2 years ago

Wife: "Have you sold that stupid pinball machine yet?"
    Husband: "No, not yet, but I have listed it for sale."
    Wife: " I thought you told me pinball machines were hot right now, and we would have no problems selling it?"
    Husband: "Gee Honey, I don't know what happened. I keep getting all these lowball offers. I guess we will have to keep it a while longer."
    Wife: grumble....

#7876 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

When I started reading the comment, I thought it sounded reasonable. Then I scrolled down and saw the price. lol

Yeah, he knows it's not worth that much, but is hoping that he can stumble into somebody who has more dollars than sense.

#7877 2 years ago

Willing buyer + willing seller = market value . Might take a few years to find the buyer…

#7878 2 years ago

How about some pinside laughs? Fairly confident this is the same game that was listed for $250 on craigslist a few months back.

Screenshot_20210504-170102 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210504-170102 (resized).png
    #7879 2 years ago
    Quoted from stuliss:

How about some pinside laughs? Fairly confident this is the same game that was listed for $250 on craigslist a few months back.
    [quoted image]

He always prices his game at top dollar. I’ll just leave it at that.

#7880 2 years ago

Just replace the car for a pin, and a deal can be made!

#7881 2 years ago

I'm definitely bidding on these.

funny1 (resized).pngfunny1 (resized).png
    #7882 2 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Wife: "Have you sold that stupid pinball machine yet?"
    Husband: "No, not yet, but I have listed it for sale."
    Wife: " I thought you told me pinball machines were hot right now, and we would have no problems selling it?"
    Husband: "Gee Honey, I don't know what happened. I keep getting all these lowball offers. I guess we will have to keep it a while longer."
    Wife: grumble....

I'm hoping this is the case - it's certainly the most logical

The alternative is... pathetic.

#7883 2 years ago
    Quoted from EM_SteveE:

I'm definitely bidding on these.
    [quoted image]

I will sell you a pair with shipping included for $119.99!!!

#7884 2 years ago

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Confirmed the sale does include the folding lawnchairs, surfboards can be negotiated in the into the sale of this “extremely rare” POTC

#7885 2 years ago

credit to Quadrat who posted on the JM thread...

sfbay.craigslist.org link

These are definitely rare and nice pins! But still I guess it's going to be a challenge to find a $125,000 customer!

pin1 (resized).JPGpin1 (resized).JPG

Machine 1: The Matrix (approximately 1 of 12 in the world from the final run)
    - A 100% custom re-build of the game Johnny Mnemonic from the ground up
    - ColorDMD LCD Display
    - Added magnet core in playfield
    - Custom Matrix Pinballs
    - PROC and PC running custom Matrix game code
    - Final run w/ most upgrades them all (including, integrated blacklights, a shaker, LED sculptures, etc)
    - Hand airbrushed Clearcoated Matrix playfield
    - New cabinet / New mechs & rebuilds

Machine 2: Johnny Mnemonic (Serial #00001)
    - Custom topper
    - Signed #0001 Translite by George Gomez
    - All LED’s
    - Flipper Fidelity Sound System
    - NVRAM battery eliminator
    - Shooter Lane protector
    - Red powder coated legs

Machine 3: Johnny Mnemonic (only known Prototype Whitewood)
    - New cabinet w/ custom art
    - Custom topper
    - Red Proto Circuit Boards
    - Pinball Pro Speakers w/ LED Lights
    - Chrome cabinet hardware, trim, channels, & coin door
    - Prototype LINE playfield mylar art overlay w/ alternate mode names

#7886 2 years ago
    Quoted from matiou:

credit to Quadrat who posted on the JM thread...
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    These are definitely rare and nice pins! But still I guess it's going to be a challenge to find a $125,000 customer!
    [quoted image]
    Machine 1: The Matrix (approximately 1 of 12 in the world from the final run)
    - A 100% custom re-build of the game Johnny Mnemonic from the ground up
    - ColorDMD LCD Display
    - Added magnet core in playfield
    - Custom Matrix Pinballs
    - PROC and PC running custom Matrix game code
    - Final run w/ most upgrades them all (including, integrated blacklights, a shaker, LED sculptures, etc)
    - Hand airbrushed Clearcoated Matrix playfield
    - New cabinet / New mechs & rebuilds
    Machine 2: Johnny Mnemonic (Serial #00001)
    - Custom topper
    - Signed #0001 Translite by George Gomez
    - All LED’s
    - Flipper Fidelity Sound System
    - NVRAM battery eliminator
    - Shooter Lane protector
    - Red powder coated legs
    Machine 3: Johnny Mnemonic (only known Prototype Whitewood)
    - New cabinet w/ custom art
    - Custom topper
    - Red Proto Circuit Boards
    - Pinball Pro Speakers w/ LED Lights
    - Chrome cabinet hardware, trim, channels, & coin door
    - Prototype LINE playfield mylar art overlay w/ alternate mode names

Last I checked my initials were on that particular Matrix...

#7887 2 years ago

Sorta Rare?

I listed my Hi-Hand on Craigslist as Rare. Ipdb only showed one owner, inactive. Now someone in the next town over has posted one on FB Marketplace. Should I change my listing to Sorta Rare?

I got mine from someone local who, I think, had four. This one might have come from the same guy. I snagged the other three. Still rare?

#7888 2 years ago

Seems this thread has died down now that CL laughs have become the pinside normal ads.

#7889 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Seems this thread has died down now that CL laughs have become the pinside normal ads.

Just for ya-ya's go through this thread from the beginning. It gets less funny as you go.

#7890 2 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

Just for ya-ya's go through this thread from the beginning. It gets less funny as you go.

I still found it entertaining. I agree with @tomass, I think what once was funny has now become some sick reality. I see prices daily now that just make me shake my head.

I’m afraid it’ll never go back. Inflation is a real thing. Don’t worry, Biden will fix it, ha ha.

#7891 2 years ago

02371F28-192B-44E6-8CF0-00B8F7110DE6 (resized).png02371F28-192B-44E6-8CF0-00B8F7110DE6 (resized).png6D1E6633-8AE1-4106-AFB3-B03F5A533CF7 (resized).png6D1E6633-8AE1-4106-AFB3-B03F5A533CF7 (resized).png

Maybe there's a whole machine. Then again, he's got it listed for only a dollar so maybe what you see is what you get.

#7892 2 years ago

Definitely worth at least $6k

0F5BBB5B-71AE-4C93-9163-3D430BE551D5 (resized).jpeg0F5BBB5B-71AE-4C93-9163-3D430BE551D5 (resized).jpeg
    #7893 2 years ago

◀ prev ▲ next ▶
    favorite

hide

flag
    Posted 7 days ago

print
    JJP GNR CE Pinball - $1 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)
    © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    condition: new
    make / manufacturer: JJP
    model name / number: GNR CE
    Putting out feelers for a possible trades. I have a new GNR CE that I'm looking to trade. My GNR still has the plastic protectors over the decals and has less than 30 plays. The game is upgraded with the following mods: Flipper Toppers (The mod couple), New Titan flipper rubbers, back box LED mod (Lermods), Noise filter for topper speaker, and a custom illuminated coin door shadow box with the CE number (The mod couple). I am looking for the following games in trade:

White water
    TAF
    Fish Tales
    STNG
    LOTR
    TWD LE
    MM
    AFM

The above games must by collector quality as I don't want any projects.
    do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
    post id: 7323969452 posted: 7 days ago updated: about 3 hours ago ♥ best of [?]
    safety tips
    prohibited items
    product recalls

#7894 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

◀ prev ▲ next ▶
    favorite
    hide

flag
    Posted 7 days ago
    print
    JJP GNR CE Pinball - $1 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)
    © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    condition: new
    make / manufacturer: JJP
    model name / number: GNR CE
    Putting out feelers for a possible trades. I have a new GNR CE that I'm looking to trade. My GNR still has the plastic protectors over the decals and has less than 30 plays. The game is upgraded with the following mods: Flipper Toppers (The mod couple), New Titan flipper rubbers, back box LED mod (Lermods), Noise filter for topper speaker, and a custom illuminated coin door shadow box with the CE number (The mod couple). I am looking for the following games in trade:
    White water
    TAF
    Fish Tales
    STNG
    LOTR
    TWD LE
    MM
    AFM
    The above games must by collector quality as I don't want any projects.
    do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
    post id: 7323969452 posted: 7 days ago updated: about 3 hours ago ♥ best of [?]
    safety tips
    prohibited items
    product recalls

gnr (resized).pnggnr (resized).png
    #7896 2 years ago

providence.craigslist.org link

Screenshot 2021-05-26 135705 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-05-26 135705 (resized).png
    #7897 2 years ago

providence.craigslist.org link

On that Wedgehead, it seems in pretty nice condition. True, it is priced above the market value for that Gottlieb EM. However I must say that I find it unfortunate that these classic vintage Gottlieb machines that are over 50 years old are worth only 1/10 - 1/20 of some of these new machines, perhaps as much as 1/5 if in the best possible restored condition.

#7898 2 years ago

I think you are confused,he is willing to trade for one of those 8 games. It's kind of understood that cash would be added either way to make it fair. Imo there's not much laughable since a $$ value was never declared.

#7899 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think you are confused,he is willing to trade for one of those 8 games. It's kind of understood that cash would be added either way to make it fair. Imo there's not much laughable since a $$ value was never declared.

You read it 1 way I read it another.I think its funny but you dont have to.

#7900 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Most definitely...not sure how one would think those 8 specific games would be included in a single trade. Fairly legitimate ad, IMO...wish I had one or more of those games to trade.

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/158?hl=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.