Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 178.
    #7651 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Years back, I'd search the local craigslist for "pin ball". Once a year or so, I'd get a hit. I saw some damn good deals this way, even posted them either here or RGP....

pinbal, too. I used to do the pin ball but got tired of wading through truck hitch ads.

#7652 3 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

pinbal, too. I used to do the pin ball but got tired of wading through truck hitch ads.

Just put "pin ball" in quotes. Then the words have to appear in that order to match.

You can also search for it in your normal search, and sure, for "pinbal" too, like this:

pinball|pinbal|"pin ball"

The "|" means " or. "

#7653 3 years ago

Seems Legit

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

664B94C8-6DA9-4208-8D89-0D15C2685834 (resized).png664B94C8-6DA9-4208-8D89-0D15C2685834 (resized).png
    #7654 3 years ago

Ebay insanity

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.34.16 PM (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.34.16 PM (resized).jpeg
    #7655 3 years ago

Yea but shipping only $14.90!

#7657 3 years ago
    Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Uhhhhhh, what??? denver.craigslist.org link

It got flagged, same one from Minneapolis above

#7658 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20201211-111417_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201211-111417_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201211-111423_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201211-111423_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #7659 3 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Seems Legit
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

So that's what Casey Anthony is up to these days.

#7660 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

[quoted image][quoted image]

This is like 3 miles from me. And what about the Corvette sitting next to it? I believe it is a stolen picture.

#7661 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I can't believe Wakanda has pins.

Wakanda-1 (resized).jpgWakanda-1 (resized).jpg
    #7662 3 years ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

[quoted image]

I wondered if anyone else was thinking this.

#7663 3 years ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

They use Vibranium balls, which make for really cool effects.

#7664 3 years ago

Here's a good one I just saw:

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 5.01.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-11 at 5.01.56 PM (resized).png

#7665 3 years ago

The price has been slashed. Act now !

Screenshot_20201212-070703_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201212-070703_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #7666 3 years ago
    F7ABEEAF-F88B-4FEA-914C-A2F36374D9CB (resized).pngF7ABEEAF-F88B-4FEA-914C-A2F36374D9CB (resized).png
    #7667 3 years ago

I found this one amusing....

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

aztec (resized).pngaztec (resized).png
    #7668 3 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

philadelphia.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

Being politically incorrect is a bonus feature of many EM games.

#7669 3 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

philadelphia.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

Gottlieb's BIG INDIAN was BIG INJUN
    big (resized).jpgbig (resized).jpginjunn (resized).jpginjunn (resized).jpg

#7670 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Gottlieb's BIG INDIAN was BIG INGUIN

Big Groin?

#7671 3 years ago

$3,500 for a wooden box with working lights...great.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
    #7672 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

Being politically incorrect is a bonus feature of many EM games.

No, I meant the "serviced by the only pro techie the area" and that it will save your "lame Xmas"

#7673 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

$3,500 for a wooden box with working lights...great.
    [quoted image]

I can only imagine what the wiring under the playfield looks like now, if the only goal for the old time electrician was to just 'get all the lights working'.... Ouch!

#7674 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I can only imagine what the wiring under the playfield looks like now, if the only goal for the old time electrician was to just 'get all the lights working'.... Ouch!

When you lift the playfield it is wired fully in 1/2" EMT conduit with 12 guage THHN stranded.

#7675 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

When you lift the playfield it is wired fully in 1/2" EMT conduit with 12 guage THHN stranded.

Someone is an electrician!

I used to sell all that stuff years ago when I worked at an electrical supply house. You really brought back some bad memories.

#7676 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Clamped to unistrut. I also envisioned some 1/2" liquidtight flex conduit.

#7677 3 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Someone is an electrician!
    I used to sell all that stuff years ago when I worked at an electrical supply house. You really brought back some bad memories.

Nah, kinda sorta but not really. I only did it for a couple of years, mostly home automation but I've done a lot of wiring in my bar/restaurant (to code!) and my house. Anything bigger than 10 guage and I call a real electrician.

This is more my thing (my A/V distribution racks and control system for my bar)

I *just* got into pins and now I'm venturing into small electronics repairs apparently to keep them running so expect my electrical knowledge to fall drastically in my inevitable flurry of "my pin don't work, what is this diode thing you tell me to check" posts.

IMG_6487 (resized).jpgIMG_6487 (resized).jpg

#7679 3 years ago

Holy cow!

6E9DA9CB-E960-453B-B258-48F7F6CE84D5 (resized).png6E9DA9CB-E960-453B-B258-48F7F6CE84D5 (resized).png
    #7680 3 years ago

I inquired and he responded “3,500 and pick up by tomorrow” as the bid was up to 3K

#7681 3 years ago

Allllllllmost.

F7F35397-5180-4B3F-AC57-D0BD168230CD (resized).pngF7F35397-5180-4B3F-AC57-D0BD168230CD (resized).png
    #7682 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

$5k Jurassic Park anyone?
    austin.craigslist.org link

It's $4500, so actually not too far off...Cabinet side (poor pic) looks pretty clean. This time next year, it probably will be $4500 the way prices have been going.

#7683 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Allllllllmost.
    [quoted image]

$300 for an S2000 with a popular theme is very cheap. Maybe it's cheap because the owner doesn't know the difference between a pinball machine and a slot machine. Of course, if you search for either pinball or slot machines on CL, you will get listings for the opposite.

Edit: It might be because that machine isn't legal in MA and the seller is trying to be subtle. Or, it's a scam.

#7684 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

$300 for an S2000 with a popular theme is very cheap. Maybe it's cheap because the owner doesn't know the difference between a pinball machine and a slot machine. Of course, if you search for either pinball or slot machines on CL, you will get listings for the opposite.
    Edit: It might be because that machine isn't legal in MA and the seller is trying to be subtle. Or, it's a scam.

That's a $600 to $800 slot...good price if it is legit.

#7685 3 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

That's a $600 to $800 slot...good price if it is legit.

I have an S+ slot. My father in law also has one, as does my dad. They are great when they work. They suck when they do not work. It seems like IGT intentionally made them difficult to work on. For instance, the battery died on my father in laws. I replaced the battery but can’t for the life of me get it to accumulate credits. It pays out for every win. Annoying...

#7686 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

I just think it's funny to label something that it CLEARLY isn't. Gave me a giggle. It's like posting a picture of a toaster and saying "coffee maker". Sure it gets hot and makes you breakfast things, but...

#7687 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

I have an S+ slot. My father in law also has one, as does my dad. They are great when they work. They suck when they do not work. It seems like IGT intentionally made them difficult to work on. For instance, the battery died on my father in laws. I replaced the battery but can’t for the life of me get it to accumulate credits. It pays out for every win. Annoying...

Try newlifegames.com for help. There's a lot of people on that site that know the ins and outs of slots, especially the really common ones like the S+.

I'm not familiar with the internal menus of the S+ but I bet whether it pays each win or accumulates credits is a choice in the setup menu. When the battery failed, it probably reset to the factory default settings.

#7688 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I just think it's funny to label something that it CLEARLY isn't. Gave me a giggle. It's like posting a picture of a toaster and saying "coffee maker". Sure it gets hot and makes you breakfast things, but...

I have slot machines as well as pinball machines so when I saw the post, I was in slot machine buying mode and didn't realize that the seller had mislabeled it. And then I realized why you had posted it.

#7689 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

I replaced the battery but can’t for the life of me get it to accumulate credits. It pays out for every win. Annoying...

I also have both S+'s and S2000's. You just need to go into the test mode and program to give credits. The S+ is one of the simplest to work on, and bulletproof. If you want me to walk you through programming PM me. Or as SimpleSam said, go to newlifegames.com to their forum and search for S+ programming.

#7690 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

$300 for an S2000 with a popular theme is very cheap.

WAY CHEAP. I'm guessing it's a mistake and they meant to post a picture of a Zizzle pinball machine. Or maybe it is the slot machine which doesn't take coins, and the bill acceptor is obsolete and doesn't take new bills (i.e., the machine doesn't work anymore). If it was closer I'd buy it and fix it up in a heartbeat.

#7691 3 years ago

Firm on price to boot lol.

F6C1C46C-A508-49E0-AE3D-C8C2D89D9498 (resized).jpegF6C1C46C-A508-49E0-AE3D-C8C2D89D9498 (resized).jpeg
    #7692 3 years ago

Hummm. Let's not be too harsh on some less-informed CL sellers. They are probably more familiar with how pricing works with CARS:

A 1964 Mustang cost $2400 in 1964, and the same car in 'player' condition today (LOL) is about $30K. I guess some folks think pinball machines are the same kind of collectible prices????

Uh, no...

#7693 3 years ago

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Beautiful HUO 1974 BALLY Bon Voyage Pinball Machine

Dave Christensen artwork of course at its best. I fell in love with the artwork before I ever played it, which is why I bought it! It is definitely a shooters game, lighting 'BON VOYAGE' can be pretty tricky since a few of the shots are kind of lucky hits, but lighting "Bon Voyage' and then hitting the captured ball is really tough.

Bally really did a great job during these years, this game is gorgeous. Back glass is a 10 play field is a 10.The inside of this game still looks brand new.

$3400.00

#7694 3 years ago

Wish someone would put this one out of its misery. It's been for sale for two years now. I first approached them before it even hit CL...saw it in an old storefront downtown.

raleigh.craigslist.org link

#7695 3 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Wish someone would put this one out of its misery. It's been for sale for two years now. I first approached them before it even hit CL...saw it in an old storefront downtown.
    raleigh.craigslist.org link

Like he says, he really doesn't want to sell it: no problem there!

My local pin arcade had one, I liked it.

#7696 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

sfbay.craigslist.org link
    Beautiful HUO 1974 BALLY Bon Voyage Pinball Machine
    Dave Christensen artwork of course at its best. I fell in love with the artwork before I ever played it, which is why I bought it! It is definitely a shooters game, lighting 'BON VOYAGE' can be pretty tricky since a few of the shots are kind of lucky hits, but lighting "Bon Voyage' and then hitting the captured ball is really tough.
    Bally really did a great job during these years, this game is gorgeous. Back glass is a 10 play field is a 10.The inside of this game still looks brand new.
    $3400.00

That appears to be Oakland pinsider Mallory. He has only negative feedback. He has a pinball retail business that posts a lot of extremely expensive games that are always described as rare and perfect.

#7698 3 years ago

Wow, that a real gem. But his price belongs on “squeeze play” on The Price is Right.

#7699 3 years ago

Well it probably comes with all the shit under/around it

#7700 3 years ago

Just saw this on facebook. I can't get over the color choice. Wow.

LOTR-color (resized).jpgLOTR-color (resized).jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/154?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.