(Topic ID: 99830)

More Craigslist laughs.

By wayout440

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 178.
    #702 9 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Hahahahaha. Preach on!!
    cincinnati.craigslist.org link

I replied to his ad and told him to look up this thread on pinside lol. He is probably already among us.

laughing makes ridiculous prices a whole lot easier to handle.

#703 9 years ago

Stargate anyone....only a few HOURS on it.... ..........Joey

buffalo.craigslist.org link

#704 9 years ago

Best one ever.....!!!..........Joey

For after it's flagged here's the listing:
    "Pinball machine for sale - $9000 (buffalo)
    I have an awesome and really, really collectable Pin Ball arcade game for sale. only 8,500 made so that sounds limited to me. what kind? who knows! but it's rare because I watch a lot of American pickers and pawn stars so I know my stuff! it fell off a truck and it is scraped up and a hunk broke off but it's an easy fix, i just don't have the time. lights turn on but nothing else works so I'm sure it's just a fuse. one solenoid won't fire but it's probably a loose wire. backglass is perfect but it does have a 2 inch crack. but again, it's rare! do pinball machines have legs? if so they're not included. it worked the last time I turned it on (so basically that means that it no longer works & I'm trying to screw you). this is going to go quick so hurry! no low ball offers 'cause I know what it's worth!! don't waste my time w/trades either!!! no spammers! first person with $9,000 gets it!"
    Sounds like most CL ads!.

#705 9 years ago

I might jump on this one. Free shipping on a pinball is rare. Look at the pile of money and jar of peanut butter next to it. wtf is wrong with people?

ebay.com link: like

#706 9 years ago

Triple action - $5000 obo
    cnj.craigslist.org link

#707 9 years ago
    Quoted from locdb:

How about $5,200 for a Stargate with only 50 hours on it:
    buffalo.craigslist.org link

I don't think there is a stargate alive with only 50 hours on it. game is too fun to only play for 50 hours. The sad part is, its' going to need a playfield restoration anyway, because if it's basically NOS, you need to clearcoat it before it gets trashed.

#708 9 years ago

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

I knew these were gaining value. What a steal this one is

#709 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

cnj.craigslist.org link

You can be sure it's minty, mint, mint when there are no photos.

#710 9 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

" target="_blank">cincinnati.craigslist.org link
    I knew these were gaining value. What a steal this one is

I saw this yesterday. It's only about 20 minutes from my house. I am tempted to check it out just to ask they seller how he came up with $3500 as a sales price.

#711 9 years ago
    Quoted from Olddragon:

I saw this yesterday. It's only about 20 minutes from my house. I am tempted to check it out just to ask they seller how he came up with $3500 as a sales price.

Idk I could be way off on this but that Earthshaker looks pretty wore out. $1500-1600 tops from me. That's if it is fully functional of course.

#712 9 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

I might jump on this one. Free shipping on a pinball is rare. Look at the pile of money and jar of peanut butter next to it. wtf is wrong with people?
    ebay.com link » Like

Ha... $500 bucks for that...just like everything else pin related, its rare

I guess I could use it as a topper for my Black Knight

#713 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

cnj.craigslist.org link

The guy had it listed for $25k a few weeks back. At least he lowered the price

#714 9 years ago
    Quoted from Olddragon:

Don't do it...you'll get shot!

#715 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbali:

Don't do it...you'll get shot!

Yeah, IDk, maybe you should ask that over the phone before checking it out. lol.. Record the phone call and put it in a YouTube video so we can all hear.

#717 9 years ago
    Quoted from KillerDragon:

Bat Cats??
    portland.craigslist.org link

Bad cats is climbing through the roof. I bet that's not out of the realm of possibility. There was one for sale locally that was similar minus the LEDs for $1400.

I guess it really depends on whether it is in fully working players condition. Lol. I only like games that are fully working players condition.

#718 9 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Bad Cats is climbing through the roof. I bet that's not out of the realm of possibility. There was one for sale locally that was similar minus the LEDs for $1400.
    I guess it really depends on whether it is in fully working players condition.

I like that game my self but whats funny is the name of the listing. Pinball Williams Bat Cat

#719 9 years ago

Lol. I didnt even catch that. Here is southeastern ky typos and improper grammar are common place. I mean we did just recently get shoes and phones lol.

#722 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

bat+cat[1].jpg 33 KB

Lets hope Bat Dog doesn't come around. hehe

#723 9 years ago
    Quoted from KillerDragon:

Bat Cats??
    portland.craigslist.org link

bat cat.pngbat cat.png

#724 9 years ago

#725 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

bat+cat[1].jpg 33 KB

Where can I get a mask like that? Looks just like my cat. I want one of these for him.

#726 9 years ago

Anyone want a broken Spyhunter for a firm price of $800?

denver.craigslist.org link

#727 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dano:

Anyone want a broken Spyhunter for a firm price of $800?
    denver.craigslist.org link

I have to disagree with this if posted because your opinion is that this is a comical price, it's really not that far off to me. Sure, it's "broken", but there is nothing there to indicate condition. This could be a minty game with simple problems, such as dirty switches or a flaky connector, maybe a neglected filtering cap. For someone desiring this title or maybe in the local area looking for the first game, this could be a nice purchase.

Taken for face value, the ad of course looks very amateur. There's not much to go on. A potential buyer will just have to be on guard, because it is a CL ad after all..

#728 9 years ago

I love flagging this guy becuase he gets so angry. Now he's having a full meltdown.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #729 9 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

I love flagging this guy becuase he gets so angry. Now he's having a full meltdown.

image.jpg 108 KB

haha awesome.

#730 9 years ago

So he buys used toasters?

#731 9 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

image.jpg 108 KB

I must be missing the punchline here....

#732 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I must be missing the punchline here....

HaHa..... Me too!!

#733 9 years ago

look at the timestamps...

#734 9 years ago

The guy posting ads posted several in the hopes that a few would make it through without getting flagged. He must have many accounts for craigskist as they won't allow you more than one of the same type of ad.

#735 9 years ago

newyork.craigslist.org link

Probably not a bad example under all that dirt, but "mint" it ain't, not for $4k.

#737 9 years ago

Listing has already been pulled but at least I got the pic...

For sale: original pac-man arcade game, great condition no lowballers please
    FB_IMG_1424627165779.jpgFB_IMG_1424627165779.jpg
    Obviously someone with a sense of humor...

#738 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Listing has already been pulled but at least I got the pic...

FB_IMG_1424627165779.jpg 42 KB

That made my day

#739 9 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

" target="_blank">newyork.craigslist.org link
    Probably not a bad example under all that dirt, but "mint" it ain't, not for $4k.

His standards for being mint condition are pretty low!

"No cracks in glass or wholes in wood"

#740 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

His standards for being mint condition are pretty low!
    "No cracks in glass or wholes in wood"

He said that is just dust on top of the glass. I told him if he is representing a game as being in mint conddition you could at least clean it up before asking a premium for his game. That price is outrageous regardless though.

#741 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

pfft, missing a bezel and the bulb in the marquee is burned out

#742 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

pfft, missing a bezel and the bulb in the marquee is burned out

Plus it has the wrong marquee, since it is actually a Ms Pac Man.

#743 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Before I type, "disagree" - let me ask - what makes you think that?
    I see some incredible handiwork here, considering what is required to support:
    1. weight of the monitor
    2. torque on the joystick
    -mof

#744 9 years ago

There is a guy in Texas that has his Hercules up for sale on CL for only $500000 and no I didn't make a typo, maybe he did but I didn't.
    On a side note, I'll sell you mine for only $400000 and then you can sell it and make a cool $100000 profit. Deal ??

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#745 9 years ago

even if you took off 3 of those 000's, I still wouldn't pay it. Had a chance to buy one at $400 and still passed.

#746 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

There is a guy in Texas that has his Hercules up for sale on CL for only $500000 and no I didn't make a typo, maybe he did but I didn't.
    On a side note, I'll sell you mine for only $400000 and then you can sell it and make a cool $100000 profit. Deal ??

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

$1M by Christmas

#747 9 years ago

Real good one right here.

newyork.craigslist.org link

To be fair, game does look pretty nice...but I have high doubts about it "running perfectly" given that layer of grime.

#748 9 years ago

"Glass is just a little dusty as seen in the picture but can be wiped right off with windex"

Ummm... They want $3,000 for a Paragon and they can't be bothered to wipe off the glass?

#749 9 years ago

That paragon was 4,000 days ago. I told him to cut the price in half and clean it up and take better pictures. At least he kind of listened to me.

#750 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

Ummm... They want $3,000 for a Paragon and they can't be bothered to wipe off the glass?

And the 55 gallon drums next to it are not suspicious in the least....................

There are 8,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.