Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 178.
    #7401 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Maybe it was in a fire and it's the only thing left standing!!! LOL

The picture was taken during a full eclipse which was happening at the same time as a freak dust storm. I'm sure it's all ok.

#7402 3 years ago

I don't think I would even want to touch whatever the frig that machine is covered with. Looks like black mold or 50 years of soot/dust. Even the walls behind it are covered in whatever we are looking at... Maybe it was in a fire and it's the only thing left standing!!! LOL

Come with a free container of bleach wipes?

#7403 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

That trick never works.
    [quoted image]

Its a "Card Trix"

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=446&picno=10095

1970 Gottlieb. Probably been sitting there for 50 years!!!!

Cardtrix (resized).jpgCardtrix (resized).jpg
    #7404 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

That trick never works.

I thought it was a FIREBALL.

#7405 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I thought it was a FIREBALL.

Delivered in a Chevy Blazer.

#7406 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

Delivered in a Chevy Blazer.

Pinto.

#7407 3 years ago

Tied down onto the roof of a Pontiac Fireo.

#7408 3 years ago

Them boys in Oklahoma roll their joints too big apparently...

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #7409 3 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

LOL! These two made me laugh!

#7410 3 years ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

LOL! These two made me laugh!

Forgot the most obvious...Pontiac Firebird.

#7411 3 years ago

I’m just gonna leave this gem

7DCB6372-448B-4337-8C8B-E149B905AD99 (resized).png7DCB6372-448B-4337-8C8B-E149B905AD99 (resized).png
    #7412 3 years ago

Always remember put your most loved games on your open front porch!!!

#7413 3 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

I once saw 2 kids roll a whole Bull Elk onto the roof of a VW Bug.
    Obviously, the roof was crushed like a beer can, but I saw them drive out of the hills and through town with the Elk still up there. They could barely get in and out of the thing, but they got that Elk home.

#7414 3 years ago

Don't necessarily have a beef with the price, but the pictures look similar to what my kids would draw when they were 5.

kansascity.craigslist.org link

#7415 3 years ago
    Quoted from newbieinKC:

Don't necessarily have a beef with the price, but the pictures look similar to what my kids would draw when they were 5.
    kansascity.craigslist.org link

Seems legit

#7416 3 years ago

The seller here provided a way to weed out the spam from the avalanche of potential buyer responses that would be sure to come with this red-hot deal. The intrigue factor from failing to post the other 5 photos from wherever this came from will surely only add to the deluge of replies.

95E9335F-65C3-4187-9575-3332980F1E04 (resized).png95E9335F-65C3-4187-9575-3332980F1E04 (resized).png
    #7417 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

The seller here provided a way to weed out the spam

I wonder if you will get a response if you put "your SPAM" in the subject line as he requires.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 3.43.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-08-26 at 3.43.02 PM (resized).png
    #7418 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I wonder if you will get a response if you put "your SPAM" in the subject line as he requires.
    [quoted image]

I guess it’s your choice, “Minilli” or “your SPAM.”

#7420 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

[quoted image]

or maybe you could put Manilli in your SPAM and see what happens!

#7421 3 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link

$5000 for a Corvette.."rare" ok they made 5001 of these.

#7422 3 years ago

Not really a laugh, but a smile: sfbay.craigslist.org link

StarWars Episode 1

Looks like a brand new conversion kit from Williams that was stored since purchased way back when... (rubber needs to be replaced due to years of storage)

#7423 3 years ago

Not really a laugh, but a smile: sfbay.craigslist.org link
    StarWars Episode 1
    Looks like a brand new conversion kit from Williams that was stored since purchased way back when... (rubber needs to be replaced due to years of storage)

Saw that on FB yesterday....whats that worth? So if you have an RFM you can swap those parts out and have a new pin?

#7424 3 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Saw that on FB yesterday....whats that worth? So if you have an RFM you can swap those parts out and have a new pin?

I sold one just like that one for $900 a couple of months ago, if I remember correctly. I think they range anywhere between $800-1000.

#7425 3 years ago

Hmm

19EADC8B-9594-4A95-B949-297DE7F09BB0 (resized).png19EADC8B-9594-4A95-B949-297DE7F09BB0 (resized).png
    #7426 3 years ago

This one has been up for awhile. How about you “get it playing”, then I’ll offer you $650. Then again, I may have deduct another $50 for the missing backcover.

chicago.craigslist.org link

“Williams Grand Prix pinball. Non working. Will get it playing but won’t be 750 then. Highly desired game, do research and see for yourself. Backglass has some isssues, playfield is pretty good, and cabinet is good(see photos). This is a complete game including legs and playfield glass. No back cover for the head”

#7427 3 years ago

"Very hard to find Avengers blue stern limited edition 1 of 250 made pinball machine many extras"

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1262059224163503/

" If you put laugh emojis on my listing or have comments to make about the price you will continue to be blocked from seeing any of my listings please keep it to yourself i don't wanna listen to it. Thank you I was told by the previous owner he had $7,500 into this game between the cost of the game and the ad ons."

#7428 3 years ago

HAHAHAHA! Look at that price! I Love how it says its been "converted so you do not need to put coins in to play".

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 6.02.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-02 at 6.02.56 PM (resized).png

#7429 3 years ago

$2,500 bingo machine from 1962? BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!

1 (resized).PNG1 (resized).PNG
    #7430 3 years ago

I’d be interested in a bingo in Midlothian Tx. For maybe $500...

#7431 3 years ago

Anyone see the 1978 Playboy on here $7K? I offered him 2K, I told him the machine wasn't worth even close to what he was asking. He laughed and told me I must not know what machines are worth and he has already had offers of 6K and WILL get what he is asking!. I told him It is a really nice, totally redone machine and he put a lot of money and time into it but IMO that machine is just not worth more then 3K at most. You can put lip stick on a pig but it's still a pig.

#7432 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

Anyone see the 1978 Playboy on here $7K? I offered him 2K, I told him the machine wasn't worth even close to what he was asking. He laughed and told me I must not know what machines are worth and he has already had offers of 6K and WILL get what he is asking!. I told him It is a really nice, totally redone machine and he put a lot of money and time into it but IMO that machine is just not worth more then 3K at most. You can put lip stick on a pig but it's still a pig.

I posted the link a while back... tell the seller if he has offer of 6K he should take it.

#7433 3 years ago

erie.craigslist.org link

Im looking at this thinking there is no way this is real .....sent them an e-mail and said hell yea I'll come get it......guess other people have tried to contact them to no avail

#7434 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

erie.craigslist.org link
    Im looking at this thinking there is no way this is real .....sent them an e-mail and said hell yea I'll come get it......guess other people have tried to contact them to no avail

Those pics were lifted from GAPs website. Definitely not real.

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/tommy-pinball-machine

#7435 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

erie.craigslist.org link

I'm planning my road trip now. Ha.

#7436 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I posted the link a while back... tell the seller if he has offer of 6K he should take it.

I'm thinking it's a beautiful machine but I just don't feel it's valued that high. I'm not a pinball expert but jeez

#7437 3 years ago

It's a strange world we live in where Bally Playboys are worth $7K, and Data East Tommys are free...

#7438 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200909-225124 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200909-225124 (resized).jpg
    #7439 3 years ago

I’ll just leave this here

B8172708-6C6D-4DBE-883F-82895AFE9C93 (resized).pngB8172708-6C6D-4DBE-883F-82895AFE9C93 (resized).png
    #7440 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I’ll just leave this here
    [quoted image]

I had a hard time moving mine for $500, and it was beautiful.

#7441 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

erie.craigslist.org link

That's in my backyard and I saw it but knew it was fake. My first clue was free combined with a pinball sticker on the garage door,there's no way someone with that sticker doesn't know that the machine is worth something.

#7442 3 years ago

Really? My first clue is that is was free!

Added over 4 years ago:

note to self: always use quoting, even if you are referencing the immediately previous post.

#7443 3 years ago

Why? Why do people always try to make coffee tables out of these?

sanantonio.craigslist.org link

ebay.com link: Vintage Pinball Machine Coffee Table working added remote led lights Sonic Spain

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 12.03.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-12 at 12.03.02 AM (resized).png
    #7444 3 years ago
    Quoted from caseydanger:

Why? Why do people always try to make coffee tables out of these?

its beyond their ability to fix them ....they think things that light up are cool and different ....and they think other people will just go crazy and want their stupid pinball coffee table

unfortunately we just don't share their passion for coffee tables we would rather have the machine and all its parts

#7445 3 years ago

I'm not 100% sure but this may be the one I sold last year for a third of the price.

slo.craigslist.org link

#7446 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm not 100% sure but this may be the one I sold last year for a third of the price.

Don't you just love the write up on that one. People think they can make it worth more by adding some fluff bs to talk the thing up like its something special.

I'm sure Frank and Mike wouldn't grade that cabinet as excellent, but the play field and back glass are decent

#7447 3 years ago

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/folk-art/toys/mid-century-modern-german-pinball-machine-firecracker-art-jerry-kelly-1971/id-f_13063472/?utm_term=low&utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=display_us-pdp-criteo-non-exclusive&utm_content=d

Is it the patina on this machine that makes it so valuable or what ? I see adds for this site and I would never buy anything from them ......first of all its just stuff , the prices are all jacked up and I don't have that kind of artsy-fartsy vibe going on.

#7448 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

So today the guy sends this response

Hey sorry for the late reply, the game is still available here in Colorado.I couldn't get rid of it when I was in Erie PA. I made an arrangement with someone on Tuesday but she didn't show up till I moved out on Thursday. I've been trying to settle in my new apartment that's why I'm just trying your email. I still have it in charge of the custody of the Logistics company that helped with moving my stuff in case I need it to be shipped back to PA. If you're still interested you can come pick it up or I can make shipping arrangements with the logistics company. Thanks!Â

what do you think the play is here ? try to get the mark to send money to ship it ?
    have the mark show up at some seedy location to get jumped ?

#7449 3 years ago

In either case, don't poke the bear and slowly back away and when at a safe distance, run.

#7450 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

So today the guy sends this response
    Hey sorry for the late reply, the game is still available here in Colorado.I couldn't get rid of it when I was in Erie PA. I made an arrangement with someone on Tuesday but she didn't show up till I moved out on Thursday. I've been trying to settle in my new apartment that's why I'm just trying your email. I still have it in charge of the custody of the Logistics company that helped with moving my stuff in case I need it to be shipped back to PA. If you're still interested you can come pick it up or I can make shipping arrangements with the logistics company. Thanks!Â
    what do you think the play is here ? try to get the mark to send money to ship it ?
    have the mark show up at some seedy location to get jumped ?

Yes, that is a common scam. They usually say Utah instead of Colorado and always with the logistic company.

There are 8,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/149?hl=impzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.