Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,859 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Atari1977
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 178.
    #7251 3 years ago

Surprised this isn’t gone already!

72CD8B29-5E73-4E46-952B-B92ED19659AC (resized).jpeg72CD8B29-5E73-4E46-952B-B92ED19659AC (resized).jpeg
    #7252 3 years ago

I think I bought a pin from him once. Jack in Cincinnati. With the storage unit full of old, mostly wood rail projects.

#7253 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I've never seen this version of Fish Tales.
    [quoted image]

He actually did have a Fishtails that I ended up buying. Sometimes it actually pays to check out things further

IMG_20200623_173357 (resized).jpgIMG_20200623_173357 (resized).jpg
    #7254 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I think I bought a pin from him once. Jack in Cincinnati. With the storage unit full of old, mostly wood rail projects.

My bad. It was Jack Koch in Cincinnati that I bought a pin from once. That was an experience is all I can say.

#7255 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

My bad. It was Jack Koch in Cincinnati that I bought a pin from once. That was an experience is all I can say.

You speak the truth, Jeff. I have bought many games and can't remember anything about the transaction but I will never forget my experience buying a Bally Flicker from Jack.

#7256 3 years ago

Saw an ad for POTC, must be the Stern since no way the JJP would be so cheap. ($1000)

Oh, wait... it's a Zizzle!

#7257 3 years ago

I don't know about you, but I've been waiting for SO long to get my hands on a genuine Forlics glass!

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 2.33.26 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-06-26 at 2.33.26 PM (resized).jpg
    #7259 3 years ago

New Star Wars Pro pin $6499, San Leandro, isn’t that high?

27348BC4-74C1-43EA-8EA6-529D20C5332B (resized).jpeg27348BC4-74C1-43EA-8EA6-529D20C5332B (resized).jpeg
    #7260 3 years ago

Hulk smash wallet!
    hulk (resized).jpghulk (resized).jpg

#7261 3 years ago

charlotte.craigslist.org link

Only 600.00

00q0q_fY3FeKCWup3_0CI0t2_600x450 (resized).jpg00q0q_fY3FeKCWup3_0CI0t2_600x450 (resized).jpg
    #7262 3 years ago

I think the last one was supposed to land in the horror thread...

#7263 3 years ago

There's a sucker born every minute.

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 6.48.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-04 at 6.48.20 AM (resized).png
    #7264 3 years ago

sfbay.craigslist.org link

"One owner for the past 15 years who cared for the game well"

Apparently did not notice the game's missing a leg bolt!

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 1.31.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-04 at 1.31.42 PM (resized).png
    #7265 3 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

sfbay.craigslist.org link
    "One owner for the past 15 years who cared for the game well"
    Apparently did not notice the game's missing a leg bolt!
    [quoted image]

The leg bolts are not really needed...they don't affect the motion of the ball.

#7266 3 years ago

Not Craigslist, but I went to an antique mall yesterday and someone had some older pins in their booth. They were nice, but like, not fully restored or anything.

The guy was asking $6,000 for The Six Million Dollar Man and $8,000 for a Bally Eight Ball! I can only assume this guy was thinking "Well it has the Fonz on the backglass so it *must* be super valuable!

#7267 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Not Craigslist, but I went to an antique mall yesterday and someone had some older pins in their booth. They were nice, but like, not fully restored or anything.
    The guy was asking $6,000 for The Six Million Dollar Man and $8,000 for a Bally Eight Ball! I can only assume this guy was thinking "Well it has the Fonz on the backglass so it *must* be super valuable!

No pictures?

#7268 3 years ago

I took a picture of The Six Million Dollar Man because I got a high score, but I forgot to take a pic of the Eight Ball. I'll probably get one next time I'm there though, I doubt it will move any time soon!

IMG_20200704_145217 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_145217 (resized).jpg
    #7269 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I took a picture of The Six Million Dollar Man because I got a high score, but I forgot to take a pic of the Eight Ball. I'll probably get one next time I'm there though, I doubt it will move any time soon!
    [quoted image]

Nice!

#7270 3 years ago

I keep seeing this guy in Little Rock AR asking $7,000 for his Eight Ball

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #7271 3 years ago

That’s about as bad as the guy in Pensacola advertising his machine every day. A few flame wars over that. Cheap entertainment. You would think that after a month plus is the same ad, he would give up or reduce his price.

#7272 3 years ago

I must study up on "sawtering" it's a skill I haven't developed yet...

Screenshot_2020-07-07-12-23-36 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-07-07-12-23-36 (resized).png
    #7273 3 years ago

What a deal!

Screenshot_20200707-131938 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200707-131938 (resized).png
    #7274 3 years ago

at least he's giving a good deal on shipping...

#7275 3 years ago
    Quoted from oilspot:

You can lurn it in licktronics skul.

#7276 3 years ago
    Quoted from oilspot:

Damn that's a steal tho...

#7277 3 years ago

Make shoor y'all's usin' rozzen coar sawter!

#7278 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Damn that's a steal tho...

Hell yeah it is! For 600 bucks I'd study up on some sawtering.

#7279 3 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

Hell yeah it is! For 600 bucks I'd study up on some sawtering.

Usually these things are nowhere near me, but I’m actually within 2 hours of this one. Hoping I can snag it. I am pro sawlderer

#7280 3 years ago
    Quoted from ODENONMYSIDE513:

What a deal!
    [quoted image]

Under 15 bucks to ship a full size pinball? This guy is going to lose his ass on that deal.

#7282 3 years ago

Listed as mint condition, collector piece for $1000 more than it was new. YET.... its routed in a bowling alley

Screenshot_20200709-134410_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200709-134410_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200709-134417_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200709-134417_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200709-134425_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200709-134425_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #7283 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/628110621395782

Don't try offering $ 4,999.99.

What's up with the burka on the head ??

#7284 3 years ago

Eight Ball that was "moderately" restored and kept "pristine"

Immediately notice scuffs and scratches on the cabinet.

I guess they must be charging the premium for the fact that it plays!

"...needs slight configuration improvements to play"

Er, um... maybe they think the Fonzie lookalike has a some value?

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
    #7285 3 years ago

Speaking of Eight Ball, here is a nice scammer:

amarillo.craigslist.org link

Emailed the guy to see how much he wanted for it, since he did not state a price (the ad almost made it sound like it was free) and here was his response:

"Hey the game is free and still available here in Salt Lake City UT, I couldn't get rid of it when I was in Amarillo. I made an arrangement with someone but she didn't show up till I moved out last weekend , I still have it in charge of the custody of the Logistics company that helped with moving my stuff in case I need it to be shipped back to Texas. If you're still interested you can come pick it up or you can make shipping arrangements with the logistics company. Thanks!"

LOLOLOLOL

#7286 3 years ago

I throw a few ads up with "Craigslist pricing so I can knock some off" and my phone is exploding with scammers this morning.

Screenshot_20200713-071251_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200713-071251_Messages (resized).jpg
    #7287 3 years ago

Non working Flash pinball for $1000 steal, says it's worth $3,000 working.

2020-07-13 06_58_46-Window (resized).png2020-07-13 06_58_46-Window (resized).png
    #7288 3 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

Speaking of Eight Ball, here is a nice scammer:
    amarillo.craigslist.org link
    Emailed the guy to see how much he wanted for it, since he did not state a price (the ad almost made it sound like it was free) and here was his response:
    "Hey the game is free and still available here in Salt Lake City UT, I couldn't get rid of it when I was in Amarillo. I made an arrangement with someone but she didn't show up till I moved out last weekend , I still have it in charge of the custody of the Logistics company that helped with moving my stuff in case I need it to be shipped back to Texas. If you're still interested you can come pick it up or you can make shipping arrangements with the logistics company. Thanks!"
    LOLOLOLOL

Have some fun with him. Tell him you'll drive to the company and pick it up yourself. Ask for an address. String him along. It's pretty fun

#7289 3 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Have some fun with him. Tell him you'll drive to the company and pick it up yourself. Ask for an address. String him along. It's pretty fun

I had the identical email for a pin in Montgomery, AL. The guy said he had moved to Utah. I replied back about what a coincidence that is. I'm going to be in Utah this week! I asked for his address and phone so we could schedule the pick-up. Of course, no response.
    Hate these scammers.

#7290 3 years ago

I had a scammer contact me to purchase a machine I was selling. He said he'd send me a cashiers check for my asking price plus $500 to pay the delivery driver he would send. Of course the scam is the fake check gets cashed, the driver shows up, takes my machine, I pay the driver. Then, a week later, my bank catches the fake check and pulls the funds back out of my account. ANYWAY... I played along with his scam and told him to make the check out to Sgt. B.A. Baracus. Told him I was part of an elite military squad wanted for crimes we didnt didnt commit. Also told him it had better not be a scam because "I pity the fool that tries to scam me". The dude didnt even bat an eye. I still have the fake cashiers check made out to Sgt. B.A. Baracus to this day

20200713_223839 (resized).jpg20200713_223839 (resized).jpg
    #7291 3 years ago

Driver never showed up?

#7292 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Non working Flash pinball for $1000 steal, says it's worth $3,000 working.
    [quoted image]

I saw this too and could help but laugh out loud! It’s been nothing but overpriced pins in northern CA lately.

#7293 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Driver never showed up?

Not that I know of. I suppose someone could have showed up while I wasnt home though.

#7294 3 years ago

I had a scammer contact me to purchase a machine I was selling. He said he'd send me a cashiers check for my asking price plus $500 to pay the delivery driver he would send. Of course the scam is the fake check gets cashed, the driver shows up, takes my machine, I pay the driver. Then, a week later, my bank catches the fake check and pulls the funds back out of my account. ANYWAY... I played along with his scam and told him to make the check out to Sgt. B.A. Baracus. Told him I was part of an elite military squad wanted for crimes we didnt didnt commit. Also told him it had better not be a scam because "I pity the fool that tries to scam me". The dude didnt even bat an eye. I still have the fake cashiers check made out to Sgt. B.A. Baracus to this day [quoted image]

Awesome.

We had a guy try and scam us with a fake check. This was almost 20 years ago. He was trying to buy just over 11k in games. Back then it was a big sale and around 12 games mostly vids. His guys were going to show up that morning. He kept calling with excuses. Eventually his crew showed up and it didnt feel right. It was just after the banks closed and we couldn't verify the check. We ran it through a copier and it didnt come up void so we knew it was fake. We denied the sale and a few days later the secret service showed up. Apparently a few of my competitors got blinded by the big sale and he got away with around 30k in other peoples equipment. We kept that check framed on a wall to remind us to never rush a deal.

#7295 3 years ago

Anyone looking for a routed High Speed for $2800?

The seller says: "This is a fairly hard to find title. Williams High Speed machines are selling anywhere from $3000 to $7000 in condition like this one."

Who could pass up a deal like this?!

sacramento.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #7296 3 years ago

BuyBuyBuy...for the low price of $3000.00

2EA122EE-8BB6-44F5-AD53-E56A8377561F (resized).png2EA122EE-8BB6-44F5-AD53-E56A8377561F (resized).png
    #7297 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballer247:

BuyBuyBuy...for the low price of $3000.00
    [quoted image]

Where do I send in the check?

#7298 3 years ago

I had a scammer contact me to purchase a machine I was selling. He said he'd send me a cashiers check for my asking price plus $500 to pay the delivery driver he would send. Of course the scam is the fake check gets cashed, the driver shows up, takes my machine, I pay the driver. Then, a week later, my bank catches the fake check and pulls the funds back out of my account. ANYWAY... I played along with his scam and told him to make the check out to Sgt. B.A. Baracus. Told him I was part of an elite military squad wanted for crimes we didnt didnt commit. Also told him it had better not be a scam because "I pity the fool that tries to scam me". The dude didnt even bat an eye. I still have the fake cashiers check made out to Sgt. B.A. Baracus to this day

OMG! this had me laughing out LOUD!!! B.A. BARACUS!!!! hahahaha

#7299 3 years ago

LOL, of course it didn't scare him off. Personally, I would have set up the deal, then called the authorities to be there when the driver showed up.

#7300 3 years ago

Unlike the add says, the machine has been turned off on location for about 2 weeks now, maybe they're trying to keep the play field inserts from popping up any higher?

A total steal at $3800!
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/767703340650183/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    There are 8,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/146?hl=iwasthebruce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.