Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,860 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by Foxxstone_80
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 178.
    #7151 3 years ago

nh.craigslist.org link

ha ha ha ha

This pin sat uncorking at a bar in Portsmouth for well over a year and literally every time I went in I offered to help them fix it and they turned me down.

#7153 3 years ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yikes! Don't try to lowball this guy...
    newjersey.craigslist.org link

I put warnings in all of my craigslist ads: " Scammers be warned, I will roast you so hard that you'll cry. Don't bother."

#7155 3 years ago
    Quoted from Paulb:

chicago.craigslist.org link

Price isn’t far out of whack on either the big guns or the Hollywood Heat, at least not by northwest price standards.
    But then again maybe I’m just use to overpaying?

But the HH guys lowball warning cracks me up.

#7156 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeep-mustang:

At least he is willing to respond

#7157 3 years ago

Price isn’t far out of whack on either the big guns or the Hollywood Heat, at least not by northwest price standards.

Can't blame the guy, there is no shortage of people out here who will offer half right out the gate and then argue its a fair offer. I add them to a block list and move on. Last HH I had sold to friends for $1200, they love it. Had a new ramp, full Comet led and rebuilt flippers and a power ball in the pop bumper area.

#7158 3 years ago

I think its fair, if it does have the new pinscores and rottendog boards. Means you shouldn't have a problem with its electrical for a good long time. I would always try to lower any online price by 100 at least though.

Not a bad game. But, I don't have the space for it. I'm saving the last few slots in my house for truly special games. I want a ROBOWAR I think and perhaps a ghostbusters or a BKSOR, or a AFM.

1 week later
    #7159 3 years ago

Who says you can't get a pinball machine for $250...

bellingham.craigslist.org link

#7160 3 years ago

Works great, too.

#7161 3 years ago

What on earth is this thing?

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

CE8C82AD-3CE9-4F8B-BF87-9FABA686D84E (resized).pngCE8C82AD-3CE9-4F8B-BF87-9FABA686D84E (resized).pngA05BCA56-902D-495A-B173-A0F2D86CE6EC (resized).pngA05BCA56-902D-495A-B173-A0F2D86CE6EC (resized).png
    #7162 3 years ago

Honestly seems like a pretty cool early home-brew attempt. Not worth $500 in my book but I think people's weird old projects like that are kind of cool.

#7163 3 years ago

Why heck, it's the FAMOLARE, RAVES for WAVES!

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 8.59.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-16 at 8.59.38 PM (resized).png
    #7164 3 years ago

raleigh.craigslist.org link

Screenshot_20200517-104158_1 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200517-104158_1 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200517-104220_1 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200517-104220_1 (resized).png
    #7165 3 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, a real pin tech must have looked at that.

#7166 3 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

sounds like a scam

#7167 3 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

Wow looks like it just came out from a real barn find I don't think a tech looked at that

#7168 3 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Wow looks like it just came out from a real barn find I don't think a tech looked at that

It does say a tech looked at it, but not say that they did anything afterwards. They could have said "yep, that needs a lot of work" and the statement is still technically correct.

#7169 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

What on earth is this thing?
    milwaukee.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image]

It is a re-theme of a Briarwood Super Star. Briarwood was a division of Brunswick. Don't know how many were made or if this is a one-off. The only reference I can find for the Raves for Waves is someone asking where to buy parts for one 10 years ago.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2448

image-6 (resized).jpgimage-6 (resized).jpg
    #7170 3 years ago

BAAAHAHAHA!

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 10.35.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-17 at 10.35.38 AM (resized).png
    #7171 3 years ago

Because out by the pool is the best place for a pinball machine.

#7172 3 years ago

seattle.craigslist.org link

I’m no scientist, but 2000.00 seems a little high for a project. Looks like a bunch of new parts are included, but still... or am I just the one that’s crazy?

#7173 3 years ago
    Quoted from Md2020:

I’m no scientist, but 2000.00 seems a little high for a project. Looks like a bunch of new parts are included, but still... or am I just the one that’s crazy?

Well the new playfield itself is around 800 or so.

#7174 3 years ago
    Quoted from Md2020:

seattle.craigslist.org link

It's not crazy high. It might work for someone who wants to do the project but dosen't want to search for the parts.

#7175 3 years ago
    Quoted from uphamj:

Well the new playfield itself is around 800 or so.

If you can find one, seen them sell for $1200

I'd say with the playfield, new parts and new plastics worth it. Just finding a FG will set you back $1500 or more minimum. I paid a touch less than that but had to buy a backglass and doing a full blown restoration. If I was buying this one I'd try and negotiate a little, the backglass is going at the bottom and for me not acceptable, its a wall hanger.

#7176 3 years ago

kalamazoo.craigslist.org link

*Adams* you too, can have a True collector quality with just a new decal. (see pic) right.

#7177 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

*Adams* you too, can have a True collector quality with just a new decal. (see pic) right.

Not sure why you would need a decal...a black sharpie can fix up that lettering real easy.

#7178 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Not sure why you would need a decal...a black sharpie can fix up that lettering real easy.

Is that with or without mylar after the sharpie touch-up?

#7179 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

I never knew to be a true collector that decals were a necessity?

#7180 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

At least it didnt use words like "vintage" or "rare" in the tag line.

#7181 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I never knew to be a true collector that decals were a necessity?

It’s in the True Collector bylaws, para III, sec. 2, Decals.

#7182 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

It’s in the True Collector bylaws, para III, sec. 2, Decals.

I think you need to send a copy of that to HEP. They seem to be doing things the hard way.

#7183 3 years ago

ebay.com link: Evel Knievel Pinball Machine by Bally 77

“Beautiful overall condition! See pictures and judge for yourself!”

For $ 4,995 ???

#7184 3 years ago

What is going on with that EK play field?

Don C

#7185 3 years ago

It has red posts and red pop bumper skirts. Must be what drove the price up.

#7187 3 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

Don C

That is some horrendous playfield touch up repairs. Playfield is ruined.

This is their quote on the Ebay listing:

"We are not your average collector or enthusiast, we are professionals with over 65 years combined experience between our technicians. We take pride in our work and only do the highest quality services and repairs to all of our arcade and pinball machines."

Must be blind professionals.

#7188 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

That is some horrendous playfield touch up repairs. Playfield is ruined.
    This is their quote on the Ebay listing:
    "We are not your average collector or enthusiast, we are professionals with over 65 years combined experience between our technicians. We take pride in our work and only do the highest quality services and repairs to all of our arcade and pinball machines."
    Must be blind professionals.

Well, I don't want to crap on someones playfields. I've seen worse.

But, I will tell you I've seen a lot of better condition EK pinball machines. I see one or two almost at every pinball convention that I go to... Sigh... I really wish I could go to one soon. Sadly I bet the chicago one is going to be cancelled this year. I was actually one week away from putting in hotel reservations for MGC when all this crap started to happen.

I like EK. Its a fun shooter. But, not at the price of a deadpool pro. And that condition is probably somewhere in the 1k range for me.

#7189 3 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

Don C

At least tone down those whites to match the older machine?

#7190 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

chicago.craigslist.org link
    For a Hook?

Thats the rare Australian version.

#7191 3 years ago

Whelp.

2020-05-20 16.43.20 (resized).png2020-05-20 16.43.20 (resized).png
    #7192 3 years ago

I guess the price isn’t too insane, it’s really just the location. having to deal with that particular border at this time?...

06A1F416-6879-4389-AC0F-F2D83F07DCD6 (resized).png06A1F416-6879-4389-AC0F-F2D83F07DCD6 (resized).png
    #7193 3 years ago

Huh, as far as I know pinball is illegal in Mexico.

#7194 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

Huh, as far as I know pinball is illegal in Mexico.

WHAT!!!??? I didn't know that, or even think of it! Google said that happened in 2015. Even more crazy of an ad then! The rest of the ad images make it definitely look like decor I've seen in Baja...

#7195 3 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

WHAT!!!??? I didn't know that, or even think of it! Google said that happened in 2015. Even more crazy of an ad then! The rest of the ad images make it definitely look like decor I've seen in Baja...

I just looked it up also, crazy. But.... it looks like in the photos that the machines being confiscated are a hybrid of a pinball/pachinko machine. So i can see how it can be viewed as a gambling device.

https://splinternews.com/mexico-declares-war-on-pinball-machines-1793846089

#7196 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200523-094148_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200523-094148_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #7197 3 years ago

LOL...loved "will be 10K by Christmas!"

#7198 3 years ago

Gotta post this for context. This ad gets re-listed at least once a week. Wonder if he's ever gotten any responses.

246F8775-69A3-4C6B-A773-591617380512 (resized).png246F8775-69A3-4C6B-A773-591617380512 (resized).png
    #7199 3 years ago

Whats up with trading for golf balls? I did not know that was a thing.

#7200 3 years ago

That's my ad basically a 180 from the guy that post his golf balls every week.call the phone number it's a crazy recording that's changed every day for over 30 years.we used to call it when we would drop acid.

There are 8,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/144?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.