Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,862 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 minutes ago by stangbat
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,862 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 178.
    #7101 3 years ago

So a buyer off CL low balls me by 2k, then tells me he can get a NIB Lotr from Stern for 7K; couldn’t help but respond, and was told to go get “bent”; Hey, I accomplished something new today

#7102 3 years ago
    Quoted from Svendtube:

tampa.craigslist.org link
    35 years of sitting in a Florida hotbox,just needs new fuses

“ The only way I will come down on the price is with cash and a working one arm bandit slot machine that pays out in quarters and I won't pay more than $200 for that.”

Well, enjoy your pinball machine then ! Lol

#7103 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I would have to assume about 98% of those have been long destroyed

Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Weighs like 4000 pounds. Very difficult and costly to repair.

During my first week working for an operator about 15 years ago, we pulled one of these out of a location. The mechanism hadn't been working in a decade but it sat in the same roller rink until they finally decided it couldn't be fixed, and what a bear it was to move. It went on the truck, and directly to the junkyard. In the 15 years since I can only think of a couple of moves that even compared to how bad that one was. Lucky and Wild down a flight of stairs comes pretty close.

#7104 3 years ago

Not Craigslist- but I think this will be acceptable here...

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Long-Grove/60047/2523693

$1499 for a Fireball home edition! I think when they were putting a value on it, they looked up the real Fireball pin.....

My co-worker has one that's just as nice as this one, works 100% and he keeps bugging me to buy it from him for $100.....I told him- youre paying me the $100? lol

#7105 3 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Not Craigslist- but I think this will be acceptable here...
    https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Long-Grove/60047/2523693
    $1499 for a Fireball home edition! I think when they were putting a value on it, they looked up the real Fireball pin.....
    My co-worker has one that's just as nice as this one, works 100% and he keeps bugging me to buy it from him for $100.....I told him- youre paying me the $100? lol

It really irks me when people list the home editions of fireball or evil knievel for the price of the real models.

I love Fireball, it might be more luck based than skill based at times(at times... Skill does matter), but the home edition is nothing like the real one. You need that spinning wheel.

Near me there was a guy trying to sell his home model fireball for I think 500-600 dollars for the longest time. The backglass looks good though. But no thank you.

#7106 3 years ago

What did the home edition cost, new?

#7107 3 years ago

I think I heard that all those Bally home editions were sold at Montgomery Ward for $600. If so, they sure haven’t held their value.

#7108 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:What did the home edition cost, new?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #7109 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

[quoted image]

Adjusted for inflation that would be $2,925 today.

#7110 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

[quoted image]

Keep hating on the Bally home models, but there’s an awful lot out there and we have probably 10-15 come through the shop every year for repair and people don’t mind paying $400 or so for the work.

#7111 3 years ago

Not craigslist, not pinball, but somewhat related and worth a laugh.

ebay.com link: 39 Arcade Games Joust Star Trek Gorf Tempest Star Wars Sinistar

#7112 3 years ago

Same day shipping, too

#7113 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

That was a definite laugh! Thanks for sharing. You have to read his description: "I am selling these games for a friend that had to move to Europe for a new job, this is his asking price and he is not willing to split or take less." Also, he writes: "AS-IS, there 40 year old machines and they due [sic] need maintenance time to time." What a deal for $92,000.

#7114 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

That was a definite laugh! Thanks for sharing. You have to read his description: "I am selling these games for a friend that had to move to Europe for a new job, this is his asking price and he is not willing to split or take less." Also, he writes: "AS-IS, there 40 year old machines and they due [sic] need maintenance time to time." What a deal for $92,000.

The even crazier part is it has 599 watchers! I would think at least a few of those are actually considering buying it and not just watching it to see who would be dumb enough to pay that price.

#7115 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

ebay.com link » 39 Arcade Games Joust Star Trek Gorf Tempest Star Wars Sinistar

Tsumo full motion arcade simulator system - $25,000 new
    He should list that one separately in my opinion and get that total dollar amount down to $70,000 - A steal for 38 games ha!

#7116 3 years ago

https://offerup.com/item/detail/863212084/

Speak of the devil.
    And I don't hate on these models. Just hte prices people think they'll fetch. I can get some good 80s gottliebs for this price.

Machines with more mechs, and just more going on and better sounds and rules. No really deep games, but again... I might be able to get a Genesis for close to this price, I got my raven with shipping cheaper, my hardbody with shipping cheaper, and my Sinbad cheaper(no shipping needed on that one).

#7117 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

this is his asking price and he is not willing to split or take less

Well, then he won't be selling it!

#7118 3 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

Act fast on this one. A Kingpin for 5k. Keep in mind, low ball offers ignored...

#7120 3 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

If you want some entertainment, check the Lady Robin Hood ad every day on KC Craigslist.
    kansascity.craigslist.org link
    The owner changes the price almost every day. Today is on the high side ($2500). I think it has been as low as $700. He's had ads making fun of him posted at least once.

Better move fast, it is down to $800. Grab it before it goes back to $2500!

kansascity.craigslist.org link

#7121 3 years ago

stangbat stop teasing us and just buy it already. You know you want to.

#7122 3 years ago

this came up on CL today . it speaks volumes welcome to 2020

Cash Offers Only
    Sold as-is
    Quick responses, flexible prices

Machine does not play. Balls do not feed into the launcher.

Looking to get ~$7,000

Contactless delivery. Sign the papers, present the cash, have a nice day!
    On the day of sale the machine will be disinfected and left outside for pickup.
    00R0R_dQjc8PYtQ3M_600x450 (resized).jpg00R0R_dQjc8PYtQ3M_600x450 (resized).jpg

#7124 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Does this douche bag even know what NOS means?
    ebay.com link » Black Hole Pinball Lower Playfield Nos
    ebay.com link » Black Hole Pinball Backglass Back Door Both Backglass Included

Oh for sure, I stripped everything off just like when it was new.. and well, it's old and I have stock.

#7125 3 years ago

ebarf laugh:

ebay.com link: Gottlieb FLYING CARPET 1972 PINBALL Machine 1 Of 3170 Produced

Flying carpet, not working, have parts to fix, $899 and the cabinet was repainted grey

#7126 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Flying carpet, not working, have parts to fix, $899 and the cabinet was repainted grey

Yeah, but it’s rare - one of 3170 made!!

#7127 3 years ago

Hmmmmm. Help me out, I'm trying to figure out if I should get a Jurassic Park Le, or this:

seattle.craigslist.org link

#7128 3 years ago

No Brainer!

#7129 3 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

Hmmmmm. Help me out, I'm trying to figure out if I should get a Jurassic Park Le, or this:

In all honesty, they did say I don't think you'll find another one like this.

#7130 3 years ago

lol

#7131 3 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

Lol @ these bingo machines.
    Funny story: I was watching one in Kirkland on OfferUp. Months ago it was at 4k, all of a sudden it was reposted at 350-sold immediately. This morning I see the EXACT same machine for sale at 450 up in Snohomish. Something tells me the buyer didn’t realize what it was and it was an impulse buy. The seller must have been a great salesperson.

#7132 3 years ago
    Quoted from Md2020:

Lol @ these bingo machines.
    Funny story: I was watching one in Kirkland on OfferUp. Months ago it was at 4k, all of a sudden it was reposted at 350-sold immediately. This morning I see the EXACT same machine for sale at 450 up in Snohomish. Something tells me the buyer didn’t realize what it was and it was an impulse buy. The seller must have been a great salesperson.

Its a great deal at 90% off!

I think he'll be lucky to get $100 for it...

#7133 3 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

If only he didn't charge extra for delivery... that's a killer

#7134 3 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

Its a great deal at 90% off!
    I think he'll be lucky to get $100 for it...

I’m tired of these bingo machines clogging up my feed- every single one priced above 600.00. They never sell and are re posted ad-nauseam.

#7136 3 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

But you'll have a lifetime supply of used parts for leaf switches.

#7138 3 years ago

knoxville.craigslist.org link

"Call or text only. Will not answer emails."

No phone number provided...

#7139 3 years ago
    Quoted from madamyates:

knoxville.craigslist.org link
    "Call or text only. Will not answer emails."
    No phone number provided...

Sorry to ruin your fun but you hit "Reply" at the top of the ad. There is then an option to show phone number. You can give Les a call and let him(?) know what you think about the price.

#7140 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Better hurry, it's only $35K

but at least it's partially restored (almost original)

to be fair it's 35k OBO.

#7141 3 years ago

Wow I was thinking of buying a nice wedgehead or early SS until this gem popped up.

Screenshot_2020-05-05-09-03-29 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-05-05-09-03-29 (resized).png
    #7142 3 years ago

Better get it before it goes.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #7143 3 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

It really irks me when people list the home editions of fireball or evil knievel for the price of the real models.
    I love Fireball, it might be more luck based than skill based at times(at times... Skill does matter), but the home edition is nothing like the real one. You need that spinning wheel.
    Near me there was a guy trying to sell his home model fireball for I think 500-600 dollars for the longest time. The backglass looks good though. But no thank you.

This sold! They don't say for what though.....guess I should buy my co-workers for $100 & flip it!

#7144 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

this came up on CL today . it speaks volumes welcome to 2020
    Cash Offers Only
    Sold as-is
    Quick responses, flexible prices
    Machine does not play. Balls do not feed into the launcher.
    Looking to get ~$7,000
    Contactless delivery. Sign the papers, present the cash, have a nice day!
    On the day of sale the machine will be disinfected and left outside for pickup.
    [quoted image]

I saw this one and almost emailed the seller to prod him a little bit about his pricing if the game doesn't work.... but decided it wasn't worth my time to bother.

#7145 3 years ago

Sign the papers? Is he financing the sale at that great price?

#7146 3 years ago

Saw this Bow and Arrow machine on Facebook, actually not that bad of a replacement backglass.

95953564_3022334181146250_1531934110572871680_o (resized).jpg95953564_3022334181146250_1531934110572871680_o (resized).jpg
    #7147 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari1977:

Saw this Bow and Arrow machine on Facebook, actually not that bad of a replacement backglass.
    [quoted image]

Nice touch that they pluralized it.

#7148 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari1977:

[quoted image]

I would keep it. Nice Americana

#7149 3 years ago

$3200 for a non working EM?

To bad too, from the looks of the interior of the building that it’s sitting in it looks like the building is falling apart, hope it doesn’t leak on the game.
    It looks like a super fun table too
    I haven’t owned any EMs but If this were reasonably priced I’d pick it up just because it looks so unique.

C03CCA94-C0DA-45DD-BB42-AE23C6E49F7A (resized).pngC03CCA94-C0DA-45DD-BB42-AE23C6E49F7A (resized).png
    #7150 3 years ago

Someone posted this link over in the Cdn for sale thread and I just had to share it here. Mint shape, and thus is a real bargain for a US buyer given the current state of the Cdn $

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/edmonton/pinball-machine/1499699130

Jokerz  (resized).pngJokerz (resized).png
    There are 8,862 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/143?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.