(Topic ID: 99830)

More Craigslist laughs.

By wayout440

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    image_2024-03-14_213052593.png
    image_2024-03-14_192715726.png
    image_2024-03-14_192145689.png
    IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2690 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6689 (resized).png
    IMG_6687 (resized).png
    IMG_6686 (resized).png
    IMG_6688 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240222_101002_Chrome (resized).jpg

There are 8,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 177.
    #7051 3 years ago

From eBay: Due to the nature of shipping, all games sold AS IS.

Due to the nature of shipping, maybe that should be "all games sold AS WAS" because that’s how it was when they ship it!

#7052 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s Ebay, but sounds like somebody got owned
    ebay.com link[quoted image]

This was easy to sniff out...has Kaneda written all over it.

#7053 3 years ago

Another EBARF:

ebay.com link: Gottlieb FLYING CARPET 1972 PINBALL Machine 1 Of 3170 Produced

$1,000 NOT WORKING and cabinet repainted..........

#7054 3 years ago

Is he saying that's machine number one or that there were 3,170 and this is one of them?

#7055 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Is he saying that's machine number one or that there were 3,170 and this is one of them?

Sellers on ebarf like to imply that, and use term like RARE

#7056 3 years ago

columbia.craigslist.org link

Hurry up kids ... Looks like a great deal

#7057 3 years ago

April Fools!

#7058 3 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

columbia.craigslist.org link
    Hurry up kids ... Looks like a great deal

Omg I wonder if this is real. Could be a really good steal for anyone. Too bad its like a 12 hour drive for me.

#7059 3 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:Omg I wonder if this is real. Could be a really good steal for anyone. Too bad its like a 12 hour drive for me.

Hour drive for me and I am not going to waste my time.

#7060 3 years ago

Facebook Marketplace fantastic find !
    4 of 7 displays have issues and playfield is super- roached! Yours for only $3500.

B7FFB63B-198F-4419-AD45-8C76480508AA (resized).pngB7FFB63B-198F-4419-AD45-8C76480508AA (resized).pngF6FE444F-0CC6-4F71-8D97-BEE980CCD240 (resized).pngF6FE444F-0CC6-4F71-8D97-BEE980CCD240 (resized).png
    #7061 3 years ago

You can use the display issues and destroyed playfield as leverage to talk him down to $3,250.

#7062 3 years ago

The idea of a six player game is funny enough. What is everyone doing while they wait for their turn?

#7063 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

You can use the display issues and destroyed playfield as leverage to talk him down to $3,250.

#7064 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

The idea of a six player game is funny enough. What is everyone doing while they wait for their turn?

form a line 30 feet long. Or follow the advice here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl/page/102#post-5571540
    a u-tube video post # 5057 caution F bombs

#7065 3 years ago

newyork.craigslist.org link SCORE 1967 Pinball Machine made by Gottlieb
    Unique 2-player 4-flipper electro-magnetic classic game

OP:

In great condition! Check out the beautiful playfield! Similar to Gottlieb's Hi-Score pinball but this is one of the rare cases where the 2-player game is more desirable than the 4-player Hi-Score game, due to better backglass artwork.
    Reduced from $1999 to $1789 open to trade OBO. Pick-up in Orange but can assist with shipping.milford-price-cut-pinball-machine-super/7097153354.html

Check out the pix... terrible cabinet repaint, yucky red legs... playfield is just ok, has hole wear... better hurry up... it's 210$ off the regular price!!!

1 week later
    #7066 3 years ago

I clicked on this because it had vintage in the title. Then I read the box and it says vintage on the cover. Guess I can't complain about them using the word vintage.

Screenshot_20200409-132136_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200409-132136_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #7067 3 years ago

Am I missing something special?

1 of 3, of the 5000 produced?
    chicago.craigslist.org link
    Screenshot_20200410-103749_craigslist (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200410-103749_craigslist (resized).jpg

#7068 3 years ago

I saw a Rick and Morty, spot for $4500 FIRM, Price INCLUDES $1,520 USD deposit. but not on craigslist.

#7070 3 years ago

I told my wife if it sells for tht price I should put mine up ha ha.

#7071 3 years ago
    Quoted from uphamj:

I told my wife if it sells for tht price I should put mine up ha ha.

Yeah... That's really, really over priced. For a local one I wouldn't mind 3,000. If its all working and in good shape. I actually really like the game. Its not a looker. Its a very ugly pin. But, I like the theme, and I like how it shoots, and its just fun.

And I think for non-pinheads. People like the gun and shooting the baddies. Especially when I show them that there are video mode events during the gameplay. I generally shot the baddies for my father, as he has difficulty in switching from flippers to the trigger. If he beats me by a few million... Ohhh well... I should have played better to begin with.

But, man you could get a Black Knight SOR pro for around that price.

#7072 3 years ago

boston.craigslist.org link

Condition:
    A solid 9.5 out of 10. It has had minimal use and very low hours in almost 30 years and everything is fully functional. The playing surface is barely touched. We did have to replace and upgrade the MPU board due to corrosion from the AA backup batteries (a common issue with these machines). And there is some slight marks near the lock door due to a prying incident when the keys were lost (2 sets of keys are included). There might be 1 or 2 bulbs burnt out….but those are easy-peasy to replace.

Price:
    $6,000 firm (you won’t find another like this on the used market)
    Cash or certified bank check. Serious buyers only.
    Please do not reply with lowball offers or trades.
    We cannot deliver but will help you load it into your vehicle etc.

drwho (resized).pngdrwho (resized).png
    #7073 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

boston.craigslist.org link
    Condition:
    A solid 9.5 out of 10. It has had minimal use and very low hours in almost 30 years and everything is fully functional. The playing surface is barely touched. We did have to replace and upgrade the MPU board due to corrosion from the AA backup batteries (a common issue with these machines). And there is some slight marks near the lock door due to a prying incident when the keys were lost (2 sets of keys are included). There might be 1 or 2 bulbs burnt out….but those are easy-peasy to replace.
    Price:
    $6,000 firm (you won’t find another like this on the used market)
    Cash or certified bank check. Serious buyers only.
    Please do not reply with lowball offers or trades.
    We cannot deliver but will help you load it into your vehicle etc.[quoted image]

1-2 bulbs being out generally translates to actually a heck of a lot of bulbs out... And the people are like... Ohhhhh no wonder why the game is so dark!!!!

Edit... And I get why you might lose the keys... I do... But, why pry it open. Lots of things you can do to get it open. Oh well.

#7074 3 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

1-2 bulbs being out generally translates to actually a heck of a lot of bulbs out... And the people are like... Ohhhhh no wonder why the game is so dark!!!!
    Edit... And I get why you might lose the keys... I do... But, why pry it open. Lots of things you can do to get it open. Oh well.

I had a good laugh at this line "$6,000 firm (you won’t find another like this on the used market)"

I'm fairly sure that is true but for the wrong reasons.

#7075 3 years ago

From FaceCrack Marketplace - 3 out of 4 caps for twice the price of new ! What a bargain !

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 11.08.21 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-04-18 at 11.08.21 AM (resized).jpg
    #7076 3 years ago

I know it's not pinball but...

PAC Man Galaga and more arcade game - $200 (Lucasville)

columbus.craigslist.org link

This is a old arcade game that I took parts off and made my own. The monitor is a small tv and the game connects. A lot of the parts inside from eagle golf still remain but that game didn’t work. This one contains games pac man, rally x, galaga, galaxian, xevious, Bostonian, pole position, dig dug, mappy, pac and pal, super pac man and pac man plus! 12 games total, works fine, what you see is what you get.

pacman (resized).JPGpacman (resized).JPGpacman2 (resized).JPGpacman2 (resized).JPG
    #7077 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

This is a old arcade game that I took parts off and made my own. The monitor is a small tv and the game connects. A lot of the parts inside from eagle golf still remain but that game didn’t work. This one contains games pac man, rally x, galaga, galaxian, xevious, Bostonian, pole position, dig dug, mappy, pac and pal, super pac man and pac man plus! 12 games total, works fine, what you see is what you get.[quoted image][quoted image]

What game is 'Bostonian'?

#7079 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

This is a old arcade game that I took parts off and made my own. The monitor is a small tv and the game connects. A lot of the parts inside from eagle golf still remain but that game didn’t work. This one contains games pac man, rally x, galaga, galaxian, xevious, Bostonian, pole position, dig dug, mappy, pac and pal, super pac man and pac man plus! 12 games total, works fine, what you see is what you get.[quoted image][quoted image]

What game is 'Bostonian' ?

#7080 3 years ago

That's, a, really something....

Has a nice "fit & finish" to it.

#7081 3 years ago

the counsel has enough space to work a crossword puzzle, and hold a small pizza

#7082 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

Lol, we can see the intent, cool idea. But I would've fit I. A bigger TV and connections for my playstation in there. Not a bad idea!

#7083 3 years ago

Um ok.... not only are they both “rare” but they don’t even have the years right...

C9E6F0C2-D46C-4ACA-A3CE-4D1A20CF14B0 (resized).pngC9E6F0C2-D46C-4ACA-A3CE-4D1A20CF14B0 (resized).png
    #7084 3 years ago

tampa.craigslist.org link

35 years of sitting in a Florida hotbox,just needs new fuses

#7085 3 years ago
    Quoted from Svendtube:

I like that it "just needs some minor work." Evidently his idea of "minor" differs from mine. I guess it could be a good project for the coronavirus home arrest -- for the right price.

#7086 3 years ago
    Quoted from Svendtube:

He’ll come down for cash in hand plus a working quarter slot and he won’t pay over $200 for that. Bad news fella, the slot you seek is probably worth more than your pinball

#7087 3 years ago

If you want some entertainment, check the Lady Robin Hood ad every day on KC Craigslist.

kansascity.craigslist.org link

The owner changes the price almost every day. Today is on the high side ($2500). I think it has been as low as $700. He's had ads making fun of him posted at least once.

lrh (resized).jpglrh (resized).jpg
    #7088 3 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

If you want some entertainment, check the Lady Robin Hood ad every day on KC Craigslist.
    kansascity.craigslist.org link
    The owner changes the price almost every day. Today is on the high side ($2500). I think it has been as low as $700. He's had ads making fun of him posted at least once.[quoted image]

Must be valuable, it's a 6 "flapper" machine

#7089 3 years ago

Lady Robin Hood is the 2nd pinball to have flippers, thus making it the first pinball that is worthless. I own one.... I'll sell it for only $2399 to anyone who is dumb enough to pay that.

#7090 3 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Must be valuable, it's a 6 "flapper" machine

I had a girlfriend with a giant flapper.

#7093 3 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

This guy.... made me spit out the pepsi I was drinking.
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Illuminate me: Why the reaction? Are they super super rare? I don't know the arcade market that well.

#7094 3 years ago

This guy.... made me spit out the pepsi I was drinking.
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

I would have to assume about 98% of those have been long destroyed

#7095 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Illuminate me: Why the reaction? Are they super super rare? I don't know the arcade market that well.

They were junk. Couldn’t keep them running. Took a way too much space. Weighs like 4000 pounds. Very difficult and costly to repair. Patrons didn’t like to pay $5-10/play (remember, this was new in the year 1990) and it was just the same graphics as a regular G-loc plus most people got sick when playing it. And if I remember, used 3 phase power?

At least the fella isn’t after a Ridge Racer full scale!

#7096 3 years ago
    Quoted from iamdrunker:

I had a girlfriend with a giant flapper.

Definitely not a rare machine there. Lol.

#7097 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

This machine requires an operator to run it while you play it. You cant just hop in and start up a game. Because it DOES go completely upside down, there are many safety requirements that have to be fully functional before you can play it. It also does not fit through a standard doorway, so it is not going to work in most home situations.

Also, has anyone EVER seen one for sale, except when they were new?

If somebody has a working one, they're going to want thousands for it.

And what about parts?

#7098 3 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

It's down to $1k today. Wow! Look at that price drop, better jump on this fast!

#7099 3 years ago

This machine requires an operator to run it while you play it. You cant just hop in and start up a game. Because it DOES go completely upside down, there are many safety requirements that have to be fully functional before you can play it. It also does not fit through a standard doorway, so it is not going to work in most home situations.
    Also, has anyone EVER seen one for sale, except when they were new?
    If somebody has a working one, they're going to want thousands for it.
    And what about parts?

Sounds like the same argument aside from size would apply to most Pinball machines. I know where there are a few Hercules pins so, I'd wager someone has one of these stuffed somewhere. Can't fault the CL guy for trying.

#7100 3 years ago

That is ridiculous. And the cabinet isn't even correct paint/design.

There are 8,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 177.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/142?hl=mafia_metals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.