Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 178.
    #7001 4 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

I kept reading "I have the original manual in plastic and all the keys, etc." wondering when did Bally stop printing plastic manuals?

Well, his machine may not be rare, but a plastic manual would be...

#7002 4 years ago

Plastic manuals would be great for those times I do like to relax in the bubble bath with a glass of wine. My paper manuals are all messed up because of this.

#7003 4 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

Plastic manuals would be great for those times I do like to relax in the bubble bath with a glass of wine. My paper manuals are all messed up because of this.

does your plastic manual incorporate a fold out schematic too?

#7004 4 years ago

Wow - I just saw on Ebay that someone bid $999 on a home version of EK.

#7005 4 years ago

$1500 for a non-working Eros One cocktail. Thought I'd try picking it up as a project but the seller is pretty insistent on their asking price.

Untitled2 (resized).pngUntitled2 (resized).png
    #7006 4 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

You have your World Cup Soccers mixed me thinks, doh.

I’m a bottom-feeder, but this takes it to a whole new level.

#7007 4 years ago

humboldt.craigslist.org link

Sorry, I don't know how to do a screen print. It's for a Terminator 2 where the asking price is $6,000. There's no description beyond the usual "excellent" that would indicate why it is worth 2X market rate. There's three lousy pictures that are far enough away to not have any real detail other than showing a banged up front and drilled out lock.

#7008 4 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

Sorry, I don't know how to do a screen print. It's for a Terminator 2 where the asking price is $6,000. There's no description beyond the usual "excellent" that would indicate why it is worth 2X market rate. There's three lousy pictures that are far enough away to not have any real detail other than showing a banged up front and drilled out lock.

At least he didn't say rare...

#7009 4 years ago

The stern lightning I checked out and made an offer as is for 800. Guy got defensive and said he was going to “continue” fixing it and sell it for 2000. If any locals are going to look at it, don’t waste your time. The guy has no idea what he’s doing, it needs a new main board (at least) for sure.

6B53BB84-E781-45BE-BC49-8784BF3F2BA4 (resized).png6B53BB84-E781-45BE-BC49-8784BF3F2BA4 (resized).pngB53190F7-01E0-49F3-B166-07BB8171522A (resized).pngB53190F7-01E0-49F3-B166-07BB8171522A (resized).png
    #7010 4 years ago

the only price that matters is what a buyer will pay. Some folks don’t get that concept and wonder why their games don’t sell. Smoking crack, I guess.

#7011 4 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

the only price that matters is what a buyer will pay. Some folks don’t get that concept and wonder why their games don’t sell. Smoking crack, I guess.

Yes, you are right about that. But, at the same time I don't mind if I overpay slightly for a machine that I want to get. Don't get me wrong. I'd prefer not to overpay. But, sometimes if you're tired of waiting or if you find a buyer close by or willing to ship, I don't mind overpaying...

With that said. For just general machines that you really don't care if you own or not(especially if its a project pin) it can't hurt to try to make a deal. Also, with how long some of these machines have been sitting in peoples houses. Taking up space or neglected. Its like... You never use it. You have 0 dollars right now. I'll take it away and give you money... Which will be more money than what you have right now. Or you can wait... And wait... And probably WAIT! Most people want newer machines. And machines that work.
    I purposefully made an offer for my Night Moves cocktail machine under 400 dollars the guys asking price. I figured the guy would tell me to pound sand, and I wouldn't have to buy the machine... To my horror the guy countered and said why don't we meet in the middle. And I was like... Why do you have to be reasonable. And that was too fair of a price for both parties for me to pass up. Machine needed a bit of work. But, all in all its playing great now.

#7012 4 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

I got it for you.

Screenshot_20200307-011707_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200307-011707_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #7013 4 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

people are into pinball machines for different reasons , some are emotionally attached to them and others emotionally attached to the money they wanted for it , in there minds they may have already spent the money they are asking for

i would have just purchase the stern lightning and fixed it up myself ,see if he would go down to 1100 to cover a new 200 cpu board .ultimately i may buy it for 1300 if it was a fun project pin

#7014 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

people are into pinball machines for different reasons , some are emotionally attached to them and others emotionally attached to the money they wanted for it , in there minds they may have already spent the money they are asking for
    i would have just purchase the stern lightning and fixed it up myself ,see if he would go down to 1100 to cover a new 200 cpu board .ultimately i may buy it for 1300 if it was a fun project pin

Funny you mention that. I got a wild hair and reached out for 1100. I just brought it home

#7015 4 years ago

Good News ! I'm glad you got it , it is a nice early stern I have an early stern it was fun to work on and you got it for a good price , check your fuse size's
    now i want to see pictures , i'll look for you at the early stern post's

#7016 4 years ago
    Quoted from Md2020:

Funny you mention that. I got a wild hair and reached out for 1100. I just brought it home

Best of luck on your restore. I hope it goes well, and you have a fun pin. I accidentally bought myself a more of a project pin than I would have liked... And now I gotta do some repairs...

But, in the end once they get fixed its always worth it.

#7018 4 years ago

Funny, that looks like my pricing.

I really do believe in supply and demand to a great extent. With the huge resurgence in pins, I actually feel that Pinside's ranges don't always represent the market. They represent the pinside market, but there a many different markets whose prices aren't always aligned. I've been favoring low production games lately.

I'd be hung up and persecuted like a witch for prices I've sold or bought at in other markets. I'm very upfront with why I think games may be worth more or less than what's advertised or posted on pinside when I'm trying to buy and sell.

But I love these laughs, they represent the "wild" market, in all it's glory. Love it or hate, I guess, depending on what side your on.

#7019 4 years ago

This one has been for sale for at least 8 months and the guy just increased the price from 8 grand to 9 lol

worcester.craigslist.org link

indy (resized).JPGindy (resized).JPG
    #7020 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

guy just increased the price from 8 grand to 9

Must be a marketing person as that is an old marketing trick, TRY and create the illusion of value.
    My old prof had a story that his neighbor put out an old TV on the curb with a free sign. It sat there for 3 days until he put a new sign on it that said $100 OBO.
    It was gone the next day.
    "stolen"
    But someone perceived it valuable.

#7021 4 years ago

What a cynical bunch! He probably did something to add value, like cleaning the glass.

#7022 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

This one has been for sale for at least 8 months and the guy just increased the price from 8 grand to 9 lol
    worcester.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

He probably saw the one on e-bay that is listed for $10,000 . . .

#7023 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

What a cynical bunch! He probably did something to add value, like cleaning the glass.

Vacuumed the cabinet out.

#7024 4 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

I really do believe in supply and demand to a great extent. With the huge resurgence in pins, I actually feel that Pinside's ranges don't always represent the market.

Pinside needs to time sales out of the average values. Having sales more than a few years old doesn't represent current values.

#7025 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

worcester.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

I thought that was the 90s IJ pinball adventure. I was like... Not a bad price. But, for Stern's machine... Yeah.... I don't know if I would buy one even for 3k. Too many machines I rather own than that clunker.

#7026 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Pinside needs to time sales out of the average values. Having sales more than a few years old doesn't represent current values.

Totally agreed. Plus, undisclosed sales do absolutely nothing other show us the ask, not the bid, or final sale.

Quoted from Diospinball:

I thought that was the 90s IJ pinball adventure. I
    was like... Not a bad price. But, for Stern's machine... Yeah.... I don't know if I would buy one even for 3k. Too many machines I rather own than that clunker.

I’d love to see the fish he lands, unless he’s got lines out in salt lake or the Dead Sea. Plus there’s supply on those pins; a lot made, but a lot routed to hell.

#7027 4 years ago

Buy it now for only $1,000 and there are 20 ppl watching it!

ebay.com link: 1970s Wonder Wizard Demolition Derby Pinball Machine

#7028 4 years ago

Eletromagnetic pinball!

Screenshot_20200318-064735_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200318-064735_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200318-064741_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200318-064741_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200318-064755_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200318-064755_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #7029 4 years ago

That's what he said about the Mystic I got from him before I drove 3 hours to see it! Flipper was machine gunning, drop targets not resetting, cold solder on the circuit boards. Evan Smith The Pin Smith fixed it right up for me, thank goodness.

6D3878EF-6041-46BD-8F3A-EDD17D65EEB9 (resized).png6D3878EF-6041-46BD-8F3A-EDD17D65EEB9 (resized).png
    #7030 4 years ago

everything in good condition , no problems ,have over 2000 pieces

maybe he is reporting on his morning constitutional?

#7031 4 years ago

How big must a route be, to have over 2,000 pieces ? Think of the warehouse space. Maybe he meant 200.

#7032 4 years ago

i would say if you buy from people like mr.200 pieces be prepared for poor condition , access the repairs needed and know your price , it helps to have repair skills but pinside members are also a willing resource to help out

#7033 4 years ago

I don’t think he was intentionally lying. Probably the last time he looked at the game any deeper than emptying the coin box it played ok.

#7034 4 years ago

How about the craigslist post in Houston today for a $3500 kingpin- only two of the photos are from pinside pretty sure that is real...

#7035 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyapple:

How about the craigslist post in Houston today for a $3500 kingpin- only two of the photos are from pinside pretty sure that is real...

Actually all of the photos are from IPDB.

#7036 4 years ago

Used EK backglass $550?

ebay.com link: itm
    Screenshot_20200320-193929_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200320-193929_eBay (resized).jpg

#7037 4 years ago

Thank goodness it is both original AND authentic.

#7038 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Thank goodness it is both original AND authentic.

What a flake the seller and the glass

#7039 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barr993:

Used EK backglass $550?

Perhaps if it did not have the chipped/broken glass, flaking paint, and missing top rail, then it probably would be around $1000.

#7040 4 years ago

The listing says it has plastic rails. There's plastic rails? My machine didn’t come with any! What are they really called? Who sells them? For a Mystic (early Bally ss)

#7041 4 years ago

Ummm. Yeah.

SmartSelect_20200322-125450_Facebook (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20200322-125450_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #7042 4 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Ummm. Yeah.[quoted image]

Damn, that's the good stuff right there

#7043 4 years ago

Could be a collector item!

#7044 4 years ago

It even comes with solder!

#7045 4 years ago

The Radio Shack logo alone must be worth something LOL

#7046 4 years ago

That’s like 6 bucks at Harbor Freight, or free if you have a coupon!

#7047 4 years ago

OMG...crap like this just pisses me off. Then I think to myself, "why should I care?" I'm not stupid enough to buy this and I would hope no one else is either. Wish I could cancel their ad. I just feel like they are trying to take advantage of someone. Like those creeps that call old people and make them think the IRS is after them. JERKS!

#7048 4 years ago

Brand new.... used.

#7049 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Brand new.... used.

it's the 2 second rule ,only used for 2 seconds that makes it still new

#7050 4 years ago

It’s Ebay, but sounds like somebody got owned

ebay.com link: 0

E2FF9073-533E-4E54-83BA-57B1099A6F45 (resized).pngE2FF9073-533E-4E54-83BA-57B1099A6F45 (resized).png
    There are 8,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/141?hl=barr993 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.