Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,871 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Threetreys
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 178.
    #6951 4 years ago
    BF077FBA-7514-44A1-8E27-1CC1AEA7B924 (resized).pngBF077FBA-7514-44A1-8E27-1CC1AEA7B924 (resized).png
    #6952 4 years ago

Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:
    I responded to ad an hour after it was posted, but i guess i wasnt fast enough since i see no email reply and the ad is now deleted. Thought I had a chance at being the first since it was posted on a Friday at 10pm. Who is shopping for pins at that time and day?... Unless you're drunk...

Quoted from Scotty_K:

Probably the same kind of guy who goes shopping for pins on a Friday at 11pm...

LOL! I was thinking the same thing

#6953 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Just popped up on my fb. I know spirit is worth money but DAYUM[quoted image][quoted image]

For once they do have the right to call this one rare.

But, less than a 100 plays on a 40 year old machine... Yeah... I don't believe that. Where was it stored. Home use only was really not a thing in the 80s. Sure, sure... Some people did have pins in the home. Not like today though.

But, its really only about 2,500 over priced. As a Spirit can go for 7-10k...
    This is a pin that plays decent. Looks amazing... But, I mean...Even if it was 4-5k... I don't think it would be worth that. Not when you can get so many better options and deeper playing pins cheaper.

#6954 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

But, less than a 100 plays on a 40 year old machine... Yeah... I don't believe that. Where was it stored. Home use only was really not a thing in the 80s. Sure, sure... Some people did have pins in the home. Not like today though.
    This is a pin that plays decent. Looks amazing... But, I mean...Even if it was 4-5k... I don't think it would be worth that. Not when you can get so many better options and deeper playing pins cheaper.

I actually messaged the guy and he was receptive. My concern with that game is the wear around the center display and the possible condition of the boards. He did eventually say he'd take 8k for it, which I feel is still maybe 1k too high but who knows without seeing better pics. so if anyone wants a spirit here's your chance. Not a game I'm interested in.

#6955 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I actually messaged the guy and he was receptive. My concern with that game is the wear around the center display and the possible condition of the boards. He did eventually say he'd take 8k for it, which I feel is still maybe 1k too high but who knows without seeing better pics. so if anyone wants a spirit here's your chance. Not a game I'm interested in.

Same machine listed here on pinside. For that price, no way in hell. Much better machines out there for that kind of money.

#6956 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

It is possible. This area was home to many Gottlieb employees and higher ups. Who knows who has what in their basements.

#6957 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

8k is a fair price for a game as rare as spirit. I mean... How often do they come up for sale.
    With that being said. While the game plays fine(don't know if his does). I'd rather just spend the money and get something like Batman 66. Spirit is a beauty though, and very unique playfield. Just a shame the game plays a bit too slow and plodding for my taste.

Quoted from vdojaq:

It is possible. This area was home to many Gottlieb employees and higher ups. Who knows who has what in their basements.

Perhaps. You never know. But, I'm still a bit wary of the claim 200 plays in 40 years. Original battery too?

#6958 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

akroncanton.craigslist.org link
    Big deal and comet...serious offers only![quoted image]

Lol I saw that one the other day and almost fell over...so wanted to send a message.

#6959 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

8k is a fair price for a game as rare as spirit. I mean... How often do they come up for sale.
    With that being said. While the game plays fine(don't know if his does). I'd rather just spend the money and get something like Batman 66. Spirit is a beauty though, and very unique playfield. Just a shame the game plays a bit too slow and plodding for my taste.

Perhaps. You never know. But, I'm still a bit wary of the claim 200 plays in 40 years. Original battery too?

Yeah somebody who really wants one will pony up, and thats what I told him too. Let the market do the talking. I'm with you though. I'd rather buy a ton of other games for that kind of money, but I get some people get off on having a statement piece. I have HH and BH so I'm set on my system 80 games forever

#6960 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah somebody who really wants one will pony up, and thats what I told him too. Let the market do the talking. I'm with you though. I'd rather buy a ton of other games for that kind of money, but I get some people get off on having a statement piece. I have HH and BH so I'm set on my system 80 games forever

I have had all 3, Spirit & HH are gone, only desire is to keep BH.

#6961 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

If I was rich and had unlimited space and funds. Yeah, I wouldn't mind a spirit. It really does look amazing. And while there are games that play much better, I still am a fan of games of that era and their rulesets.

But, as of right now. I think I only have space for 1-2 more pinballs in my current house. And so I want to be very picky with the last few. I might let some of my family house some of my pins in their house... As I wouldn't mind saving up a collection and opening up a barcade one day.

But, that would be years and years from now. And who knows, by that time maybe the pinball market will have crashed again... I don't think so really... I think the novelty of pinball and the kinectic satisfaction will hold some allure. And I think the novelty of arcades will remain strong. So long as you get the right games.

Anyway... Back to the machine in question. Yeah... It might take a few weeks, but I think he'll be able to sell it for around what he is asking for. 7-10k. Good for him. If that is true and it was a huo... Then it appreciated in value by about 7-10 times what he paid for it. And he really isn't much of a gamer, as it never got played. So not the worst investment... Not the best though.

#6962 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have had all 3, Spirit & HH are gone, only desire is to keep BH.

I lusted after a haunted house. It was a game that blew me away in my childhood. Finally got one and ehhh the gameplay is just not that great, is it? BH on the other hand is super fun. Now I'm torn, because I have so much nostalgia and love for HH and its just so damn cool, but its really not as fun to play for me. Plus it just looks great sitting next to black hole. I don't know, I hesitate to say its on the chopping block, but I'd maybe move on if the right trade came along. And Diospinball, I'm with you, it does look freakin awesome, I see why rich guys with space want one, but I'm poor and picky. Sorry, I hate that we're derailing this thread with system 80 talk now lol

#6963 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I lusted after a haunted house. It was a game that blew me away in my childhood. Finally got one and ehhh the gameplay is just not that great, is it? BH on the other hand is super fun. Now I'm torn, because I have so much nostalgia and love for HH and its just so damn cool, but its really not as fun to play for me. Plus it just looks great sitting next to black hole. I don't know, I hesitate to say its on the chopping block, but I'd maybe move on if the right trade came along. And Diospinball, I'm with you, it does look freakin awesome, I see why rich guys with space want one, but I'm poor and picky. Sorry, I hate that we're derailing this thread with system 80 talk now lol

Exact same here, had to have one, bought it, and I got bored of it quickly. The Black Hole is just a tough machine that gets fast. Multiball is not easy to come by either.

#6964 4 years ago

Yeah it’s rare, but... Maybe just donate it to a museum?.

ABD32594-A137-436E-81C3-A0E7874DB61B (resized).pngABD32594-A137-436E-81C3-A0E7874DB61B (resized).png
    #6965 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

Yeah it’s rare, but... Maybe just donate it to a museum?.[quoted image]

Okay Indy...
    Just remember we named the Dog Indiana.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Qovh4AFnGLwVG/giphy.gif

#6966 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay Indy...
    Just remember we named the Dog Indiana.

Best...damn...dog...EVER!

#6967 4 years ago
    9E7EC1C3-AAFB-4CE7-AB47-0A21E47393E8 (resized).png9E7EC1C3-AAFB-4CE7-AB47-0A21E47393E8 (resized).png
    #6968 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

[quoted image]

Wow... I just buy a 40-60 dollar translite... And I more than double the cost of the Raven that I own... Actually almost 3 times what I paid. Hell... Shipping was about 1/3 of what I paid for the machine...

So I think I'll go to ebay and buy an alt translite...

Raven is a fun game. But, not 3.5k worth of fun. For that price you should be able to get about 2-3 sys 80 gottliebs.

#6969 4 years ago

Hahaha!

The Spokane Raven.

To be fair enough to the seller, it is located just about smack dab in the middle of a veritable Pin Desert. There are not a lot of chances at pins in the Intermountain West.

But still, crazy overpriced.

#6970 4 years ago

3k for a Space Shittle with a roached playfield - WOW, what a deal! I got screwed buying it from Amini's, so I'm going to pass the screwing on to you!

spaceshittle (resized).jpgspaceshittle (resized).jpg
    #6971 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

3k for a Space Shittle with a roached playfield - WOW, what a deal! I got screwed buying it from Amini's, so I'm going to pass the screwing on to you!

Actually $3K for a Space Shuttle in "perfect condition" is not a terrible deal.

You just need to have a different idea of "perfect".

#6972 4 years ago

look at those poor droopy flipper bats!

#6973 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

look at those poor droopy flipper bats!

Well you know... At my age. It happens.... Ohhhh ohhh the pinball flippers. Oh yes. Those are drooping.. Yes, that is what I meant.

#6974 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Well you know... At my age. It happens.... Ohhhh ohhh the pinball flippers. Oh yes. Those are drooping.. Yes, that is what I meant.

You know you are old when what used to be easy is now hard, and what used to be hard is now soft...

#6975 4 years ago

Screenshot_20200222-000313_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200222-000313_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20200222-000313_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200222-000313_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #6976 4 years ago
    #6977 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

[quoted image]

Someone should Colleen up all the duplicate posts... but seriously, once you Felix the Powell issue it will probably be a Nick pin.

#6978 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

[quoted image]

Colleen inside!!!!!
    Someone should call the cops and get her out of there!!!!

IMG_3564 (resized).jpgIMG_3564 (resized).jpgCUSTEML.SI.3248.300918.000000.0650004748.37438.pdfCUSTEML.SI.3248.300918.000000.0650004748.37438.pdfdynamicimageweb (resized).pngdynamicimageweb (resized).png
    #6979 4 years ago

Bought brand new from a friend.... was the friend a distributor or did the friend play it for a year or so before selling the brand new machine?

#6980 4 years ago

I have no idea what's happening in here right now.

#6981 4 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link

Funhouse Pinball Machine - $7999

#6982 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

detroit.craigslist.org link
    Funhouse Pinball Machine - $7999

Does that include shipping?

#6983 4 years ago

Water damaged bottom, major flaking, no playfield photos. $400 and up. And up!

Card (resized).JPGCard (resized).JPG
    #6984 4 years ago

The less paint the back glass the better... easier to tell if a bulb is out.

#6985 4 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

The less paint the back glass the better... easier to tell if a bulb is out.

And if the playfield is missing, you never have to worry about dimpling...

#6986 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

[quoted image]

You beat me to it! These are $399 new, lol.

#6987 4 years ago

when is the last time you heard a come on like " let's make a deal call or text" they shoulda just added " do you feel lucky ?"

#6988 4 years ago

I would assume it still works fine

Screenshot_20200302-172712_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200302-172712_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #6989 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I would assume it still works fine[quoted image]

Ohhhh man... I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read your post. Otherwise it would have been all over my keyboard.

This is just such a glorious ad. I love how they don't even bother to turn it on.

You won the internet for today with that glorious post. Thanks!!!!!

#6990 4 years ago

Wtf happened here, damn.

Got that ratchet strap a bit tight eh?

Screenshot_20200302-202047_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200302-202047_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #6991 4 years ago

is that some kinda cushion? strapped to the side / maybe that wheelie thing is strapped to it to?

#6992 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Wtf happened here, damn.
    Got that ratchet strap a bit tight eh?[quoted image]

Nice catch.

#6993 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

is that some kinda cushion? strapped to the side / maybe that wheelie thing is strapped to it to?

Yup, no damage to the pin I can see... that ratchet straps is on something else up against the pin.

#6994 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Wtf happened here, damn.
    Got that ratchet strap a bit tight eh?[quoted image]

Yep, nothing like rolling a whole EM sideways with the head still attached at the bottom. No damage can be done here.

#6995 4 years ago

$4,200 World Cup Soccer with a nice playfield.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#6996 4 years ago

Looks like corrugated cardboard.

#6997 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Ohhhh man... I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read your post. Otherwise it would have been all over my keyboard.
    This is just such a glorious ad. I love how they don't even bother to turn it on.
    You won the internet for today with that glorious post. Thanks!!!!!

Always love the ads when they can't even be bothered unloading from the pinhauler before posting for sale.

In automotive circles we jeer flippers who still have the car on the trailer from where they just dragged it when posted for sale.

#6999 4 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

Very Rare
    indianapolis.craigslist.org link

I kept reading "I have the original manual in plastic and all the keys, etc." wondering when did Bally stop printing plastic manuals?

#7000 4 years ago

Totally. I think I saw a DE Simpsons price like a TSSP, might be the same guy. There’s something in the water

There are 8,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/140?hl=tait316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.